Webhelp UK Employee Reviews

Productive fun work place
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk13 October 2018
Sales Driven, fast-paced environment. Busy and fun-filled atmosphere however the hours are long and do not suit my lifestyle. I enjoy the constant changing pace and developing my sales skills.
Pros
fun, productive, free parking, good canteen
Cons
Not the greatest experience ever
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock27 September 2018
Spent four years with the company and progressed to being a SME. Thought I was maybe getting somewhere, but was given no opportunities for advancements. The team I was part of was completely mismanaged and often I had no manager guidance when it was required.
I loved the job I was doing but not for the company as it wasn't a valued role and the effort I put in was never valued. As a SME, I was a system expert and supported a full call centre (alone for 6 months as team member had left and no replacement was found), but copmany still didn't appreciate what I did for them.
Ultimately, I was leaving the company and the manager of the team couldn't have been less interested. After four years of hard work, you would imagine it might be worth wondering why I was leaving but alas, nothing was mentioned.
Pros
Good Fun Days, Some good people in workplace
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of feeling valued, no career progression
Avoid!!!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham25 September 2018
Simply one of the worst jobs I have ever had in my life, managers treat the staff like dogs, rubbish pay, impossible targets, 0 work life balance and never paid on time. All I can say is do not work here, even if you're desperate for the money, I can promise you it's not worth it
Pros
Made friends
Lies from day 1
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 September 2018
A 5 week CEA course, then a 3 week training with Sky and still we wasn’t told what the job was.
Turns out it was sales
Even though we trained for tech support, and it was sold to us as tech support, the only thing that mattered to management was sales.
By the time my probation period was over I didn’t want to be there anymore.
My first team leader was not very good, she was apparently only temporary but I would have though she would have had some degree or person skills, even though I had problems with her being personal to me I think I was only 1 of 3 people out of a team of 12 that didn’t make a complaint to HR about her. 2nd team leader was miles better.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Okay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham15 September 2018
The employer is okay they need to be able to manage the shift patterns better as people who do have children at home or people who do catch the bus do end up struggle to get in work for the earliest time due to the bus being full of school children or the traffic.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 September 2018
I worked on the FGH campaign not a good Idia at all only lasted 3 months as I was told you will become a floor walker and that the Benifit’s are good .... verry wrong indeed Antonia and Patricia team leaders and the manger for academics are awful... Patricia just doesn’t like you as soon as you start Antonia thinks she owns the place verry awful place only because of the managers ppl are too scared to say something in case they get saked you have no opinion wat so ever ... My advice is don’t apply
Pros
The agents
Cons
Managers
Ok
SME (Former Employee) –  Derby13 September 2018
Webhelp UK is ok at a entry level position if you are looking to gain experience in the customer service industry.

Pay is poor and therefore this is reflective in the high turn over of staff. Most advisers lack the ability and therefore again results in a high turn over .However it is easy to work your way up the ranks if you have the ability.

Essentially like most call centres its a place for people who dont know what to do with their lives and this is reflected in the blaise attitude given towards work.
Pros
Free Sky
Cons
Work Life Balance
Worst place ever worked
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 September 2018
Management are bad. Constant pushing you for the impossible. Dont care about staff. Never pay correct or even on time. So much stress and depression from this place.
Pros
New friends
Cons
All of it
Easy work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 September 2018
Customer advising is rather easy and simple after week. The major issue I had with this company was false advertisement by recruitment and a dis-connectivity that ran on every level of the company.
Pros
The wage
Very competitive
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire30 August 2018
I'm all for helping customers but they are always asking more and more and this affects work life as makes eveyone uncomfortable and stressed and miserable
Pros
Never satisfied with doing your best so keep pushing for more
Cons
Not paud enough for what you have to do
Good wage bad management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 August 2018
Strict, bad management, no staff support, high turnover of staff. Hard to get any holiday booked off. Bad equipment, can be put on a 6 or 7 day week, unsociable shift patterns
Pros
good wage
Management are a joke! Especially chris
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City26 August 2018
Really liked working there at first was fast tracked for a promotion but walked out after being assaulted twice and then being told I hadn’t turned up for a shift when I was off I’ll with a doctors note, a bunch of children work there and there are so many complaints and sexual harassment claims it’s unbelievable! I should of sued the company! Chris stuffs his shirt to make himself seem bigger sad moron! Hope the place goes under! Training was fun.
Pros
Money
Cons
Managers, culture
good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire14 August 2018
great team bonding, everyone is helpful and supportive. the salary is good too and hours aren't too bad and the over time is worth it.you get trained up thoroughly and they still give you the materials to continue checking details.
Like being at school - A popularity contest.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Manvers11 August 2018
Management was very cliquey so if you weren't friends with the management they didn't want to advance you regardless of ability or performance. Apart from this it wasn't a bad job.
The computers were slow and you had to get to work early (unpaid) to set up your computer.
Pros
Other staff were nice, alot of attractive women work here.
Cons
Management were lazy and unhelpful.
It was just an amazing place to work in.
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Derby9 August 2018
Everyone was so friendly & got on with each other, managers were extremely helpful & friendly, i learnt a lot working in this place & gained a lot of new skills & enhanced on my previous skills, I loved my time there.
Pros
Great bonuses to motivate you
Cons
rotating shifts
Vile place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield7 August 2018
Vile managers who only care about numbers and not people. Will mess up final pay and SSP if you've been sick. Constantly failing credit scripts and pestering for overtime. Do yourselves a favour and avoid this one like the plague!
Pros
P45 and leaving
Cons
Filthy surroundings - toilets/workstations
Worth/Worthless
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Larbert20 July 2018
weren't reasonable of shifts or able to manage your shifts in appropriate business working way.
Staff weren't professional very cheeky
Just take staff on then pay off within 5 months.
Pros
training group was amazing
Cons
Were so strict on sales ratehr than trying to make it more an aclompishment
Friendly Atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunoon20 July 2018
Have worked there for over 3 years and theres a real community spirit. The required work hours are reasonable and they can be flexible if needed. They are very understanding with personal life and will do what they can to accommodate.
A joke of a work environment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire16 July 2018
The management here is a joke. They are all so incompetent at their job. 90% of them refuse to take escalations and help you out , then moan to you when you get bad surveys from customers. All about the stats , you are not seen as a human being only a number. Disgrace of a workplace. Shifts are also diabolical, expect no social life
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 July 2018
the things they say to you in the additional interview are just what you want to hear when you go onto the call floor things change. hours change and shifts can finish at 11pm although told hours are between 8-9 they provide no help or allowances for the fact people have to get public transport to get to and from work. advancement is poor you could be trained straight away or have to wait months for the training literally just goes on luck not on how you work, attendance, skill etc.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long weeks no balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webhelp UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7