Webhelp UK Employee Reviews

overall work atmosphere is good, low oppertunity to develop when it comes to wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk13 December 2018
I believe that Webhelp is a good place to work to gain experience for the future however is not a place if your looking to progress to a higher wage within the company
Pros
work mates
Cons
progression
Difficult company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, UK11 December 2018
Not a place for the faint of heart. A company who tends not to listen to the concerns of its employees and operates a face fits practice. I would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Let me pick myself up off the floor
Poor working hours
CALL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire7 December 2018
The easy step for being stuck in a single job title start working in a call centre. This was one of the worst environment to work in being moaned at all day by customers and then moaned at by management. Uneven work schedule meant you could work 8-10 hours for 6 days one week then 4 days the next. Target based not customer focused. Overall rubbish.
Pros
I got out
Cons
Long hours, uneven shift pattern, difficult targets, managerial bias
Shambles!
Call centre operator (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire5 December 2018
An absolute shambles of a company. Miss paid me 5 months in a row which I still haven't had back of them. They done this because I was off sick and when I returned I fell pregnant which is none of my fault. They kept "loosing" my sick lines that the doctor gave me and refused to pay me my owed money. I was going to take it further but my health and my sons health was more important than money.
Don't let the bad reviews put you off!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 November 2018
I've been working with Webhelp (Supplier for Sainsbury's) for over a month now. It might be early days to write a genuine review, however from my own personal experience, I have really enjoyed my time working there. Definitely a lot better than other call centres I've experienced/heard about!!

It's a very friendly, positive and fun yet still professional working environment, which really does improve typical work-life. Training was very helpful and boosts your confidence before you start taking calls.

A few things in particular I've liked about Webhelp is the fact that there's room to progress and lots of overtime available. Also, there's always managers, floor walkers and even busy advisors at times who will be willing to help and support you so you'll feel more at ease starting off. In addition to this, calls are mostly friendly customers/store employees.

The only thing I think people may have issues with is the shifts hours, however employees are always open to swap your shifts if preferred via group email if a Team Leader cannot rearrange to change your hours.
Pros
Very friendly and helpful staff. Generous breaks. Great management.
Cons
Shift patterns.
Every changing environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 November 2018
No two days are the same, this keeps tasks interesting and challenging at the same time.

Many differing campaigns to work will so you get to work with a variety of different companies at once.
Avoid!!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire18 November 2018
This place has zero consideration for its staff. I spent 5 years at that company and upon leaving not so much as a thank you for time served. The managers are awful and only have an interest in people on their level or higher. You’ll be switched from team to team, your role will constantly change and you’ll be working on campaigns that are not fitting for your skill set, no matter what role you initially applied for. Bearing in mind you’ll be sat down all day, the chairs are probably over ten years old, filthy, worn and very uncomfortable. The toilets are horrendously disgusting and you come out dirtier then you actually went in. The subsidised cafeteria, as appealing as that may sound, is very sub-par, with food I imagine that has been recycled from the day before. All of this has been brought up previously from various agents (including myself) during my time there and nothing has ever changed. If you enjoy being moved from role to role, being treated like you don’t exist and expected to work in horrific and unsanitary conditions then this is the job for you!! If you believe that you actually mean something, believe you have a value and have something to contribute to a company and a job then consider absolutely anything else.
Pros
I got to leave
Cons
I stayed there for 5 years
Apply if you have a deathwish
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire7 November 2018
Worked here for 11 months. Management awful. Team leaders awful. They knew nothing about the job but tried to tell us where we was going wrong!! Training was terrible, the only time you learned was on the call floor. Hours of work leave you with no family life. Webhelp to keep the contract promise Vodafone unrealistic targets, then expect the under trained and under valued staff to achieve them.
Pros
Your downtrodden colleagues
Cons
Management. Team leaders. Expectations. No life.wages. hours worked. Break times.
Training Ok Management Overbearing
Inbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 October 2018
Training at Webhelp ok but treated like school kids in a classroom.
One of my colleagues kept falling asleep and was warned with dismissal. Vodafone campaign is one which churns staff as any one with ability soon realises they can get a better job elsewhere.
All new starters put on emergency tax which is a real effort to get taken off. Call HMRC we are told!
The hardest part of the job is to get sales as customers are not happy with Vodafone so really cold calling.
Fellow staff are friendly managers dont really listen to you unless you are bringing lots of sales in.
No pay slips printed only on line so real pain to keep track of your wages and bonus.
Always looking for staff but not too bad to work for.
Pros
Free parkig, friendly colleagues
Cons
Managers dont listen to you, some ok, some arrogant
How to get Trapped in one easy step.
Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  City Centre24 October 2018
The easy step for being stuck in a single job title start working in a call centre. This was one of the worst environments to work in being moaned at all day by customers and then moaned at by management. Uneven work schedules meant you could work 8-10hours for 6 days one week and 4 days the following week. Target based not customer focused. Overall rubbish
Pros
I got out
Cons
Long hours, uneven shift patterns, difficult targets, managerial bias
Awful!! Awful!!! Awful!!!
Contact Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk23 October 2018
Good god never put yourself through working at Webhelp! I worked here for 3 years and I have just left and honestly the best part of the job is when you quit because no word of a lie it is a absolute dump.

in the 3 years I worked there I was in 11 teams and had 15 managers. the pay is absolutely horrible for the abuse you have to endure every single day. the only good things are the free sky and my team members were great.

there is absolutely no work/life balance so have fun with having to take time off because unless you can take it as a holiday (if there is any available) then you have absolutely no chance.

and the management are absolutely disgraceful, I have never worked somewhere that the managers are incompetant and if I could name names on here it would be most of the place to be honest

this place actually put me in the hospital for anxiety because of how awful it is

I repeat NEVER put yourself through this.
Pros
Free Sky and Good Team Members
Cons
The customers, the management, the job, the company
fun workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Rotherham15 October 2018
I loved working there, really good atmosphere and i met some amazing friends. I enjoyed taking the phone calls and helping oout customers. the environment was very friendly
Cons
long hourss
Terrible company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire15 October 2018
Job was great but management on the other hand treat you like dirt on there shoe. Have no consideration. I had to leave constantly putting you down although your doing good!! Stats you have to achieve are very unrealistic and due to going or part time hours was not entitled to a bonus.!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to list
Productive fun work place
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk13 October 2018
Sales Driven, fast-paced environment. Busy and fun-filled atmosphere however the hours are long and do not suit my lifestyle. I enjoy the constant changing pace and developing my sales skills.
Pros
fun, productive, free parking, good canteen
Webhelp UK
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde1 October 2018
while I was employed at Webhelp UK there were multiple issues within the place, the most prominent was that people were getting fired for spelling mistakes on one campaign and on the other people hours were being changed constantly, with as little as 1 week notice, and across both campaigns just now there is no bonus being offered, and there is just a basic salary, I would only recommend working there if there are no other options available.
Pros
there is a good employee recognition system, if your manager can be bothered to fill in a recognition form
Cons
your shifts can vary between 10 shifts to 8 hours and 6 hours, its highly stressful, no job security as you can be given final written warning for simple mistakes, there a constant promises offered by managers that are never fulliled
Not the greatest experience ever
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock27 September 2018
Spent four years with the company and progressed to being a SME. Thought I was maybe getting somewhere, but was given no opportunities for advancements. The team I was part of was completely mismanaged and often I had no manager guidance when it was required.
I loved the job I was doing but not for the company as it wasn't a valued role and the effort I put in was never valued. As a SME, I was a system expert and supported a full call centre (alone for 6 months as team member had left and no replacement was found), but copmany still didn't appreciate what I did for them.
Ultimately, I was leaving the company and the manager of the team couldn't have been less interested. After four years of hard work, you would imagine it might be worth wondering why I was leaving but alas, nothing was mentioned.
Pros
Good Fun Days, Some good people in workplace
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of feeling valued, no career progression
Avoid!!!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham25 September 2018
Simply one of the worst jobs I have ever had in my life, managers treat the staff like dogs, rubbish pay, impossible targets, 0 work life balance and never paid on time. All I can say is do not work here, even if you're desperate for the money, I can promise you it's not worth it
Pros
Made friends
Lies from day 1
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 September 2018
A 5 week CEA course, then a 3 week training with Sky and still we wasn’t told what the job was.
Turns out it was sales
Even though we trained for tech support, and it was sold to us as tech support, the only thing that mattered to management was sales.
By the time my probation period was over I didn’t want to be there anymore.
My first team leader was not very good, she was apparently only temporary but I would have though she would have had some degree or person skills, even though I had problems with her being personal to me I think I was only 1 of 3 people out of a team of 12 that didn’t make a complaint to HR about her. 2nd team leader was miles better.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Okay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham15 September 2018
The employer is okay they need to be able to manage the shift patterns better as people who do have children at home or people who do catch the bus do end up struggle to get in work for the earliest time due to the bus being full of school children or the traffic.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 September 2018
I worked on the FGH campaign not a good Idia at all only lasted 3 months as I was told you will become a floor walker and that the Benifit’s are good .... verry wrong indeed Antonia and Patricia team leaders and the manger for academics are awful... Patricia just doesn’t like you as soon as you start Antonia thinks she owns the place verry awful place only because of the managers ppl are too scared to say something in case they get saked you have no opinion wat so ever ... My advice is don’t apply
Pros
The agents
Cons
Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webhelp UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7