Weatherford Employee Reviews

great people
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire17 October 2017
Running the day to day Production and planning manufacturing for the month ahead, reconfiguration of stores layout to fall in line with manufacturing demands and dead lines. continuous improvement introducing cell manufacturing
Pros
car
Good experience
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  UK25 September 2017
Much like any other oilfield service company. Good way to learn a varied skillset.

As with most service company jobs, you will be expected to move around extensively for work.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Must relocate often
Overall experience was good
Windchill Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London21 June 2017
Worked with a very nice team. Work life and personal life was well balanced. Lots of opportunities to learn everyday. Even our small ideas were taken into consideration.
Offshore
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen / Dyce5 June 2017
If you don't have plans to make then you will be fine as you can give them your life, same with all casing companies though I suppose in the uk as you don't have a rotation or schedule.
core Analyst (Current Employee) –  uk3 May 2017
Good place to work, but unfortunately has been hit by the downturn in the oil industry. Very friendly colleagues and they have a good team culture and work very well together.
Something good, something bad
Fishing Tool Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Africa23 March 2017
Friendly colleagues, good salary and work/life balance. Vague future prospects, political prowess is required to progress up the company's ladder. All in all, quite happy to work here.
Tewkesbury site now closed
MRP Planner and Data Controller (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire25 February 2017
Tewkesbury site now closed
Very good place to work
every changing environment
friendly staff
good benefits
varied role
international company
Was a good place to work.
Tool dresser (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk8 February 2017
Weatherford was a good place to work when everybody was there but unfortunately when redundancy started to happen less and less people were there not a good place to be unfortunately.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Transition from workshop to office was excellent
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  UK2 February 2017
was asked to move into the office by the engineering manager after several years in the workshop where I had progressed my skills from my trade as an electrician through to instrument technician, welder, etc. I had been involved in detailing bills of materials and test procedures so this was a natural career progression which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Great company to work for
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus31 January 2017
A typical day at work would be to catch up with my colleagues, have a health and safety talk and review and prioritise the days jobs. Management don't get too involved as they trust us to get on with the jobs we have been given. The workplace is health and safety conscious which ensures a safe and healthy environment to work in. I don't fine any part of the job hard and the most enjoyable part is being productive and having a happy workforce.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Good in the UK, not great for Field Engineers abroad.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire24 January 2017
Weatherford UK Ltd is generally good. Although working internationally as a Field Engineer has drawbacks. Particularly in the Middle East Field Engineers are not treated particularly well.
HArd work
Chief Rig mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oman22 January 2017
The company provided very little back up for parts, even down to basic hand tools in what is a very hostile and challenging environment

Days were 12-17 hours 7 days a week on a 4 week on 4 off rotation.

Good people to work with
Pros
time off
Cons
No job security
Good job
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk12 December 2016
Made redundant due to sector downturn. Good company and benefits. 1.66 other rate. 25 days basic holiday. Goes up with service
Great Team
Manufacturing scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dyce24 November 2016
Adhesive team all working for the same results, aiming for 100% OTD results which we peaked at 98% on 4 months of the current financial year.

Inter co results also measured withing QA and Stock items.
COmpany of good people suppressed by managment without vision
Senior Petreoleum Engeineer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh5 November 2016
Weatherford was one of the good companies with skilled and knowledgeable senior engineering staff .But with oil crash and poor management vision and leadership all the good staff have left and company is below its critical mass.
Still there are some capable people due to which company is trying to coast on stormy waters
Pros
Freedom, Accomodating Seniors, Intresting technologies
Cons
poor Managment
out dated, reluctant to modernise
Machinist/Fitter cnc mazak haas fanuc (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth12 September 2016
shift work
blame culture
not willing to take on new ideas and modern manufacturing techniques
low staff skill level
too many senior members of staff.
but, good easy money for simple work so you put up with it all.
Pros
good pay and pension
Cons
people you have to work with
Opportunity v Security
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Malaysia20 July 2016
Weatherford are a professional run company who will offer opportunity to any employee who is hard working, dedicated and shows the desired commitment.

However in these present difficult times for oilfield service companies job security can be an issue, and is a concern for all employees.
Pros
Global Service Company
Cons
Dedication & Commitment
Lovely employees, great salary and benefits. Very fast paced job.
Sales and Commercial Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen31 May 2016
I would start at 0830 and check my emails and plan out my workload for the day, close out as many quotes as possible and then finish at 1700.
I have learned how to deal with customers via telephone and email which has made a huge impact on my confidence and communication skills. I have also learned how to prioritise workloads and how to separate them throughout a typical working day.
The management here are very genuine and understanding people. They provide help whenever necessary and really know how to motivate their teams.
I get along well with all of my co-workers, some of which will be friends for life.
Hardest part of the job can be how much work there can be. It is a very fast paced, high pressure job and can be really stressful at times, hence why it is a huge benefit to know how to prioritise workload.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the co-workers and the benefits within the company. It really is a good company to work for and I enjoy being an employee here.
Pros
Good salary and benefits, lovely staff and easy to get to
Cons
Long hours and very high pressure/fast paced
Good employer
Formation Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen28 May 2016
Well structured, good co workers. Hardest part of job was workload when busy. Most enjoyable part of job was completing a successful operation.
Pros
Travel
Cons
24 hour cover when busy
Excellent Company to work for last 8 years
Technical Specialist / MFC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth11 May 2016
Over 8 years with Weatherford, I have worked in several global postings and 2 product lines (SLS, SDS) and built a career within. The have a great work culture and enjoyed working in teams with employees from around the world. Loved developing my knowledge and supporting the GC-TRACER product line service, Where I progressed into many different aspects of its operation, production and development.

It is was sad to leave due to the redundancy and climate of oil industry, when just started a new product line within the company.
Pros
Good work culture, career progression, loyalty, work ethnics, teamwork