Weatherford Employee Reviews

enjoyed travelling
Senior Technician & Operator (ST4) (Former Employee) –  Over seas12 June 2018
as oil & gas service operator i had the chance to travel to many work sites at many countries. Beside the work experience I gained working in various environments, I really enjoyed the other aspects of life in this places.
Pros
free catering
Cons
hard work
Drilling services department
MWD/LWD Operations Coordinator, Peru (Former Employee) –  peru21 May 2018
Drilling services Division was a great experienced to develop my career as a petroleum engineer, firs working as field engineer and afterwards as coordinator located in the headquarter and I found perfect environment for work balance.
not a fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City5 April 2018
General reception work - not much to learn. meeting and greeting was a big part of it - on your own most of the time but required to work as a team for Weatherford Health and Safety
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
great company to work for
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  London12 March 2018
i prefer face to face conversation for any such evaluation. anything can be written on paper and not necessary showing the tru worth of a person. I am a very passionate person for the tasks i am trusted with and as such the communication on a human side basis matters much to me
Normal working environment
YARD TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Dyce, Aberdeen City2 March 2018
Normal workscope for any given day is to load and unload artic lorries , move stock within yard areas to maximize storage space, organize the team to get jobs completed to meet customer deadlines.

Management leave workers to complete tasks without too much interference, but always offer support.

Good working environment where all staff get along and always lend a hand where needed.
Pros
good team of workers
Cons
long hours, sometimes involving weekend work.
Weatherford
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus28 February 2018
Good place to work with a very good safety culture
The higher management are very good at encouraging you to progress
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a part out to the customer when they most needed it
Pros
Good health Care
Currently suffering due to oil crisis
Electrical Submersible Pump and Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen5 February 2018
I worked in 2 sections of the completions product line, ESPs (artificial lift) and software simulation for all the software used throughout completions. On the software side there is little chance to move throughout the company but operations involved foreign operations in the middle east with good travel arrangements and expenses. Working conditions were stable, with good salary, and not over-complicated company intranet or policy conditions. I find that this company had particularly bad management, and my move to Aberdeen for 1 year illuminated the rigidness of the structure as well as how badly the company has been struggling financially over several years. Rather than train new talent, the company would always hire from its competitors who were often used to already-high working standards and structure that had been constantly deteriorating over the years. A set of multiple little problems stemming from logistics to client relations, reputation, depreciation of assets and replenishment, and a board of directors that had been unchanged for decades just showed how innovation was completely gone within the company. Sure it has some new product once in a while, but they were not produced to a reasonable price; the competitors were always ahead, innovating their products and creating new ones reasonably priced. To summarize, it's a big company, which is what keeps it afloat like many large American international firms. American banks bail it out consistently every year and a policy of no new employments, no raises, salary cuts and redundancy of what I saw as the key figures of  more... some product lines should make it obvious to outsiders just how dead this company is, yet standard BS memorandums from the top and lack of communication between product lines like mentioned before keep this fact as more of an illusion or hypothesis until you've worked long enough in the company. To any aspiring person looking to build a career this is definitely not the company. It was a place I started so it worked out for me and taught me what to look for in a company that isn't what you want.  less
Pros
Large Company, good assets, well known
Cons
pro-american/anti foreign management, huge debt, lack of structure
Great company to work for
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire5 December 2017
I thoruoghly enjoyed my time with Weatherford. During my time there I was autonomously allowed to turn my dept around into a slick multi functional unit which worked seemlessly when someone was absent. I would love to have continued working for them for the rest of my career........
Great experience
UK Purchasing Mnager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City2 November 2017
Current work day is very busy and productive, gained significant management experience and negotiation skills. I have work well with internal and external supplier and made significant savings by negotiating pricing structures and converting these to fully executed contracts. I have been carrying out external suppliers audits and am competent in writing reports.
Workplace culture has changed significantly due to the downturn in the oil industry. Most enjoyable part of the job is taking on a process that is not working smoothly and developing a process for the task to be carried out efficiently.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Culture change has reduced the enjoyment
great people
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire17 October 2017
Running the day to day Production and planning manufacturing for the month ahead, reconfiguration of stores layout to fall in line with manufacturing demands and dead lines. continuous improvement introducing cell manufacturing
Pros
car
Good experience in the company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middle East5 October 2017
Worked many years in Underbalanced drilling and gained many years experience working in the drilling side of oil and gas.
Worked in many different countries in the Middle East and gained knowledge of rotating equipment, separation equipment. A typical day would involve a 12 hour working period involved in drilling the well in an unconventional way. It was hard to work in the heat of the summer in very hot conditions. Hardest part of the job was spending up to 10 weeks away from home with a family. The most enjoyable part was spending time in that period with very good work mates who I still now keep as friends from all over the world.
Good experience
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  UK25 September 2017
Much like any other oilfield service company. Good way to learn a varied skillset.

As with most service company jobs, you will be expected to move around extensively for work.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Must relocate often
Overall experience was good
Windchill Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London21 June 2017
Worked with a very nice team. Work life and personal life was well balanced. Lots of opportunities to learn everyday. Even our small ideas were taken into consideration.
Offshore
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen / Dyce5 June 2017
If you don't have plans to make then you will be fine as you can give them your life, same with all casing companies though I suppose in the uk as you don't have a rotation or schedule.
core Analyst (Current Employee) –  uk3 May 2017
Good place to work, but unfortunately has been hit by the downturn in the oil industry. Very friendly colleagues and they have a good team culture and work very well together.
Something good, something bad
Fishing Tool Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Africa23 March 2017
Friendly colleagues, good salary and work/life balance. Vague future prospects, political prowess is required to progress up the company's ladder. All in all, quite happy to work here.
Tewkesbury site now closed
MRP Planner and Data Controller (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire25 February 2017
Tewkesbury site now closed
Very good place to work
every changing environment
friendly staff
good benefits
varied role
international company
Was a good place to work.
Tool dresser (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk8 February 2017
Weatherford was a good place to work when everybody was there but unfortunately when redundancy started to happen less and less people were there not a good place to be unfortunately.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Transition from workshop to office was excellent
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  UK2 February 2017
was asked to move into the office by the engineering manager after several years in the workshop where I had progressed my skills from my trade as an electrician through to instrument technician, welder, etc. I had been involved in detailing bills of materials and test procedures so this was a natural career progression which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Great company to work for
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus31 January 2017
A typical day at work would be to catch up with my colleagues, have a health and safety talk and review and prioritise the days jobs. Management don't get too involved as they trust us to get on with the jobs we have been given. The workplace is health and safety conscious which ensures a safe and healthy environment to work in. I don't fine any part of the job hard and the most enjoyable part is being productive and having a happy workforce.
Pros
Friendly environment