WCG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews
Good atmosphere
good atmosphere with staff knowing the roll. Training is adequate for the workplace. All training courses provided are free to the volunteers. Overall a food place.
Brilliant place to work!
If you are looking for a place where you can learn and evolve this is the place for you!

Since starting here I have always promoted the culture of WCG, it is unlike anywhere else I have ever worked - people actually want to help you! There is a community feel about WCG which is infectious when you first start out. In terms of progression, within my time at WCG I have had several opportunities to get involved in a range of projects - which has offered me great experience and was something I really enjoyed.

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed both my time and position within WCG to date.
Ramanda, Wakefield
Worked here 2 days before I was told to leave by the manager as she didnt like how i was talking about her? Basically took the job told there was 15 hours training, the buddy i got told me she hated the job from the get go, day 1 i was on beds day 2 bathrooms, buddy was annoyed to find the manager had shaken a carpet to get dust everywhere so this angered her to the point she was walking around in a huff, this pit the manager in a mood, she then checked my room i was practicing on and was huffing and puffong about small things i didnt get traimed on like a water bottle being bear the kettle instead of tje glasses in a executive room? so i told her i think its unfair how she is being and taling to me and she basically fired me on the spot. Now i ha e to explaon to UC what happened until my other job starts and doubt they will believe my side. DONT GO HERE!
Pros
Cons
bad staff, worse manager, no air con. ect
Terrible management
Pershore animal care technician-
No Job secuity or care for what hours you are given on zero hours contract. Management have no empathy for their staff. They are Spiteful, vindictive, childish and they delegate all the hard jobs they are meant to do themselves. Higher management also very cold and uncaring.
Pros
The animals are nice to you!
Cons
Lack of empathy, bad atmosphere, no job security
Lack of sound management and poor communication throughout.
The ground staff at the coal face are fantastic, the management and direction of the company let it down. Consistent poor communication, lack of job security and general regard for staff mean long term WCG is not a business you would want to spend long with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WCG?