Waymarks Employee Reviews

Managers don’t know what they are doing
Male support worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle westerhope26 March 2018
Managers don’t have a clue what they are doing paper work dosent get done people do what they want as long as they cover the shifts disgusting behaviour which happens in the staff bungalow at night with the staff and also the people they support don’t get the right care they need and are deserved place is full of Chinese whispers and unprofessional behaviour happens between staff in the bungalows people we support get taken advantage off in there own home.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours disgusting behaviour
Great Place to work
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  North East10 August 2017
I moved into this field just over 2 years ago, and i have never looked back,
It has given me the confidence in what I do to progress and move forward working in learning disabilities.
I have gained a vast knowledge and a huge amount of experience supporting people who have a wide variation of needs.
Every day i am able to help some one develop in their independence which gives me great work satisfaction and i get to do this alongside an amazing team who support me as well as they support the person we work alongside which makes it fun too.
The management team have confidence in my ability and will allow me to use my initiative to help create a more independent fulfilled life for the individual.
there is a lot of progression opportunity if you want it i have seen people move from support work up to assistant manager and one of the operations managers started out as a support worker and worked her way up to operations manager so if this is what you are wanting there is lots of opportunities too.
I work a lot of hours and this sometimes when covering shortages can get to be too much but the managers understand if you say no as you have other commitments.
it is a fun place to work with a great team if people who mostly get a long and have a good laugh which is half the battle of coming to work.
Pros
great team and job satifaction
Cons
sometimes long hours
Perfect job for me
Specialist Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North East11 July 2017
As a single mother to a toddler sometimes juggling work and home life can be a nightmare when finding work. I've been with waymarks for 15 month now and so far I can't the working hours they can offer and the ability to work extra shifts if you want to.

The team in the northeast is one of the best I've worked with. Always someone available to offer support and guidance and as you can imagine life with a 3 year old can be tough but they've always been very understanding.

Would definitely recommend anyone to apply for a role within the company, so much so that I've previously recruited 2 family members to also join the team.
Pros
Excellent working hours available
Cons
Pay could be more for what we do but still higher than nlw
Love my job at Waymarks
Specialist support worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire20 June 2017
I have been working for Waymarks for 2 1/2 years and I love my job.I find it very satisfying to see the 'People We Work Alongside' get along and learn to live in the community .They are supported to learn simple every day tasks like cooking ,laundry, and cleaning so that they can be become independent
.I find the training we are given very good and you learn new skills .The management are very good and keep you up to date with what's going on and are in regular contact. Money is good and the enhancements for sleep ins have improved dramatically.
Pros
Watching people we work alongside and support improve their lifestyle, and integrate with the community.
Person-centred, equality and thoughtful
Specialist Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London20 April 2017
- I learned a lot through training and team meetings which included a lot of psychology and practical knowledge about the support role. The training is fun and interesting.

- The team are nice, open and honest. I feel comfortable to share or discussed any concern about the work.

- The work is not too tiring. I enjoyed the work and most of the activities that I need to do.

- The company look after the person we support very well whilst maintain the feeling comfortable and safe from the staffs.
Pros
Good policy, goal, training and equality
Cons
want to work more
do not value wellbeing of employees.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon17 April 2017
There is huge expectation of employees who are being paid low wages. People encourage everyone to take on more shifts and as a result work life balance does not exist. The aim of the organisation is excellent but in reality currently doesn't work, there is a high turn over of staff as a result which makes it hard for any sort of development.
Pros
Lots of variation in work and experience to be gained
Cons
Management not addressing issues effectively
Used to be good...
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon10 April 2017
...when they were Waymarks, plummeted when Dimensions became the umbrella organisation.

Distant, disinterested management and no cohesion.

I have not worked for Waymarks for some time, telling it as I found it when I left. I sincerely hope that things have improved somewhat.
Pros
Helping people live better lives.
Cons
Having your own life undervalued.
no support from management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 March 2017
Decent wage but no support from management and if you don't do your contracted hours (because they cant give you them) you then owe them the hours and if you leave they take it straight from your wage! Its hard getting your contracted hours in Newcastle area end up owing them loads of hours/money!! Stay away if you want a good company to work for who support you.
Pros
wage. co workers
Cons
long hours, management, not getting contracted hours
Great place to work if you can balance your home and work life
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 December 2016
The most rewarding part of the job is supporting our ladies and gentlemen to live a fulfilling life the way they want to. My co-workers all work in a good consistent manner which also helps in our support with in the team. They are open with there views honest and reliable. The only down side to the job is there is no home/work balance.
Pros
Not to far to travel to work
Cons
no home and work balance
Fantastic Organisation
SSP (Former Employee) –  Southampton29 April 2016
Great job satisfaction.

I feel part of a team, who are encouraged to do their best every day.

I really believe that we make a huge difference to peoples lives.
Not organised at all Teams are left to manage each other Managers do nothing in reality Lack or organisation.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire27 July 2015
Terrible management there is no communication when there is its only to make you work extra shifts.

Training great however there is not enough when it comes to having to cover someone your not trained to.

Staff don't trust each other let alone the managers. Clients complain on a regular basis as they feel let down by managers.

Managers threaten you if you don't comply with their demands workers rights are being abused.

Service set up takes up to 6 months.

Your expected to use your own money to take clients out on activities until the manage to set the participial service.

Rotas are totally unfair in the way the are put together.

High staff turn over as well as breach of contractual hours.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Terrible managers bulling and lack of communictaion
Empowering and improving the qaulity of life for the people we support
Specialist Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth6 August 2013
1 to 1 Support, Guidance, Managing finances
Record keeping for auditing
Freindly supportive manager and co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waymarks. Our community is ready to answer.