WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews for Social Worker

Left me with nothing to do
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire10 January 2018
I was one of 3 new people within the business and they left me nothing to do just sit there whilst they gave the other apprentice all the work. Made me feel very unwelcome and i regret applying for here. No matter who id ask for work they wouldn't give me anything to do. I resigned without gaining my qualification.
Also felt unprofessional as people round the office wear joggers, leggings and jeans.
Pros
Claim back expenses. Wore whatever clothes.
Cons
Poor management, poor work ethic, talking about service users in a bad way within the office.
Fun workplace can be stressful at times due to the nature of the job
Adults safeguarding social worker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire10 April 2017
Typical day at work
Check emails
Prioritise anything urgent answer these
Check diary
Make appropriate telephone calls
Write case notes
Make appointments
May have one to two visits to service users
Pros
Pension scheme, free lunches on training good occupational health and leave
Cons
Commute for me
every day is different
Fostering Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, ENG6 August 2015
Hard some days, and can become a bit overwhelming but must remain focused. I learnt a lot and learnt to be a stronger person because of the situations I was put into. I stepped up to become a manager and helped improve the performance of others.
Fostering Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire County Council30 March 2015
Warwickshire County Council has been a good place to work, I have been a Fostering Social Worker in a busy team.

As always in Social Work it has been stressful, but also rewarding in seeing children thrive. I have loved the work, however have no regrets with regard to retiring as was able to downsize my house.

I am multi-skilled in many areas and have a lot of commitment to give to the right job
Pros
Good Pension