WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews for Administrator

Stressful, unorganised and no clear direction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedworth12 September 2018
A typical day at work involves meetings with managers - who constantly are pushing for invoices to get paid with minimal staff and a high turnover.
I have learned basic admin skills, the most support being from social workers as apposed to admin staff or managers.
Management is appalling, they do not want to be there and constantly complain about their own manager.
Work place culture is very negative, not interested in retaining staff and easily replaced.
Most enjoyable part of the job is becoming knowledgeable within the different areas such as physical disability, learning disability and older people and what each area supports.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Unhappy environment
There was bullying
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon24 July 2018
This position (Community Mental Health Team Administrator) was paid for by WCC (Social Services) but it was effectively an NHS job. WCC could not care less about my well-being - they were arms length. I had to be prescribed anti-depressants to cope with job-related stress. There were no job-progression prospects and in any case austerity cuts meant that the team was decimated.
Pros
Good camaraderie
Cons
Pay for parking; stressful environment.
Temporary Role
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reed, ENG28 October 2013
Financial based role to cover illness within a team.
I enjoy the role, the team are wonderfully forthcoming when I ask questions as the functionality of the team is widespread and challenging.
Pros
Broadening experience
Cons
Lack of consistent management, so workflow is varied