WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews in Leamington Spa

Solid employers
Midday supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa24 August 2019
I worked for WCC for 24 years and never had any problems with them. I worked at 2 different schools. We were always looked after and never had any problems with pay.
Personally Rewarding
Reablement Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire4 April 2017
My day starts at either 7 am or 4 pm I assist elderly people who have generally just come out of hospital after operations, falls, or strokes I assist them to regain their independence within their own home.
The hardest part of my job is the travelling over the whole of South Warwickshire as I work in the community which is spread over 700 sq miles, but not in the same day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that with our assistance that a lot of our service users regain their independence which means them staying in their own home.
Pros
Working patterns
Cons
Driving
Fun
Pertemps Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa5 August 2016
Fun and productive work place. Career progression was not possible due to temporary postilion. Very good training. Friendly and approachable staff.
Fulfilling, rewarding and purposeful work supporting adults with disabilities
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa11 November 2015
Supporting adults with disabilities to acquire, develop and retain life skills and be involved in community activities. Working individually and as part of a team. Person centred philosophy.
Pros
Fulfilling, supportive and rewarding working with adults with disabilities
Cons
Bureaucracy, indecisiveness and mixed messages from senior management
Easy work and friend work place.
Pending Senior caretaker (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, ENG28 July 2014
The work is easy but constant, the staff and management are both helpful and friendly. I work as a team of 2 caretakers 13 cleaners and the site manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills.
Pros
Good pention
Cons
Some of the children can be very disrespectful
Stable and consistent colleagues and workplace.
Socia Worker AMHP (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa29 December 2012
We have a handover meeting each morning where myself and colleagues review and handover the previous days visits and any problems which need attention on this day are agreed and booked in.
The management has changed recently which means the Team does not have a hands on clinical manager which leaves the team making decisions or leaving making decisions which can delay decisions on interventions or service provision.
My colleagues are consistent and supportive individuals who i have the pleasure of working with on a day to day basis.
The stress for me have increased recently, i do not feel valued by management and I do not feel listened to by management. I am concerned for my stress levels at the present time and there is not going to be a change in this culture as far as i can see.
This all said i enjoy working in a supportive and partnership approach to working with Service User's that have difficulties with their mental health.
Pros
i am able to get out and about, i do a variety of activities with service users which improves their quality of life.
Cons
management change which leaves clinical decisions and interventions delayed.