WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews
i had a supportive management team however i appreciate that some teams are horrendous.
flexible colleagues, relaxed dress code and lots to learn. plenty of extra hours if needed during school holidays
Working in school was rewarding because of the children. Leadership was good but the pay was not enough for the effort that is put in by staff. Lots of opportunity in the county council in general but not within individual schools.
Excellent working environment , lovely staffs and stakeholders who are always available to contribute in workshops.
My team members are wonderful and give support anytime it is needed.
I have worked in Registration and Children’s Services over a 4 year period and enjoyed both roles. Meeting the public providing a high level of customer service. I also worked with the police team providing business support by providing a fast service to enable social workers and council services early intervention to support families and children .
I learned a lot I had on the job training learnt new skills, it was a primary school kitchen, very busy , had great training , the job was very rewarding, the staff was friendly , the hardest part of the job I think was trying to convince parents about healthy eating in the area the school was in.
Pros
Making sure everyone was happy. And I did my job well.
Cons
Making sure everything was done correctly.
Overall WCC generally provide a good service and make it easy to work with them. In Social Care staff turnover has been an issue but is definitely improving.
Supportive environment, regular supervision. Manageable caseloads. Training opportunities. Good work place culture. Opportunities to go on secondments and expand knowledge and skills.
Not friendly at all, not helpful, judging and condescending.

Basically force you to quit if they dont like you

Your hard work goes unnoticed intentionally
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor pay, overlooked
Hard work with great people, work is done to a high standard people genuinely want to help each others and the customers to the best of their ability.
Worked here 23 years and it got worse as time went on. No work life balance and stressful in most if not all services. Council no longer offers job security.
It is a shame that the Team was made redundant and we all lost our jobs, due to going out to the Private Sector. The team spirit was great and one of cooperation, but sadly this was not valued “at the top”.
Each day varied, as I worked across the county and sometimes at weekends.

Lovely to see couples getting married. Really enjoyed face to face contact with customers.
Project lasted 3-4 years - lengthy but solid results. Initially directionless, became focussed and well-managed
Good work culture

Supported some home working
Enjoyed working with the team. Had a good ten years employment. Days never the same, plenty of variety! Most days felt as though achieved something!
The council offer lots of learning and skill developments. The job can be flexible for home life commitments, although there is the expectation that you will work from home.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
long hours and stressful
Worked at a school for the disabled and Blind as a house matron sometime ago looking after 50 junior girls, waking them up in the morning, helping them to be ready for school, hair combed teeth brushed and breakfast eaten with the children great place to work thoroughly enjoyed being there, being mum
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Long hours 47
All the benefits of the organisation and the location are an will continue to be affected by ongoing public spending cuts, so job security should not be expected.
Great place to work, lovely team, good hours, fairly flexible.

Only downside is the work is very easy and not very challenging, not a clear progression path.
I worked for WCC for 24 years and never had any problems with them. I worked at 2 different schools. We were always looked after and never had any problems with pay.
Budget cuts repeat year on year,very under managed minimal training for part timers.rushed supervisions no time for personal issues to be supported .
10 years of my working life put into youth work and only to be treated like rubbish by upper staff. Best part is the kids I've helped over the years at least they have benefited and are grateful.
It has been hard adapting to the low wage, it would be brilliant if schools were open all year round but unfortunately I only get paid for 39 weeks of the year
Pros
Job satisfaction, flexible, term time only
Cons
Low wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.