WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

lovely, friendly place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton5 February 2019
was dealing with all incoming and out going calls. dealing with front of house, general admin duties and looking after the companies within the building.
management were perfect. i loved my day working there.
hardest part was leaving as i was on a temporary contract.
Most enjoyable was meeting new people.
project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire29 January 2019
Productive but long hours. Management wasnt always around to guide. Hardest part of the job was bringing work home with me after spending a whole day at work
Pros
Hot on personal development
Cons
Brilliant! Best place I've ever worked!!
Admin Assistant (Temporary Agency Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Warwick19 January 2019
Trading Standards sets a gold standard in terms of a culture of respect amongst colleagues in a relaxed and constructive atmosphere, well-led with plenty of support and training on offer. This proved to be mutually beneficial as I enjoyed being there and they in turn asked for me to do a second assignment based on the success of my first which I was only too happy to do. The site is very easily accessible from the main dual carriageway or Warwick Parkway station and has free parking and walks nearby for lunchtime relaxation. Very friendly environment, despite the obvious frustration of long term staff facing redundancies and funding cuts.
Pros
Free parking; excellent working culture
Cons
Insufficient funding for permanent staff.
Fulfilling job as support worker for adults with disabilities
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire20 September 2018
Warwickshire County Council were initially good employers. The job was rewarding. Unfortunately, WCC became more and more bureaucratical as time went on, especially related to government cutbacks, which impacted on existing services for customers.
Pros
Good work/life balance, pay reasonable
Cons
WCC became very bureacratical
Stressful, unorganised and no clear direction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedworth12 September 2018
A typical day at work involves meetings with managers - who constantly are pushing for invoices to get paid with minimal staff and a high turnover.
I have learned basic admin skills, the most support being from social workers as apposed to admin staff or managers.
Management is appalling, they do not want to be there and constantly complain about their own manager.
Work place culture is very negative, not interested in retaining staff and easily replaced.
Most enjoyable part of the job is becoming knowledgeable within the different areas such as physical disability, learning disability and older people and what each area supports.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Unhappy environment
Was very depressed there
HGV Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire17 August 2018
Nice 4.5 day week, job satisfaction poor, management poor, job security poor. Ideal for apprentice or someone looking to pass time/semi retired. The boss was grumpy. The average age of the people working there was in the 50s and this is a HGV workshop!
Pros
4.5 day week
Cons
Everything else
There was bullying
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon24 July 2018
This position (Community Mental Health Team Administrator) was paid for by WCC (Social Services) but it was effectively an NHS job. WCC could not care less about my well-being - they were arms length. I had to be prescribed anti-depressants to cope with job-related stress. There were no job-progression prospects and in any case austerity cuts meant that the team was decimated.
Pros
Good camaraderie
Cons
Pay for parking; stressful environment.
learning enviroment
Nursery Assistant (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire15 June 2018
enjoyable and welcoming, understanding and supportive of personal situations that creates absences. lovely people that are passionate about their job.
Pros
weekends free
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire21 April 2018
Poor management and organisation. There was very little structure. The pay was good. Little communication between management and lower staff. No job protection during privatisation.
some schools need to sort out their leadership
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire4 April 2018
sadly one school that i worked in had very bad leadership and due to bullying by this leadership, i was destroyed by them. I nearly left the profession because of them!
Busy and productive
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warwick27 March 2018
Typical day would involved working with telephone/email/live chat enquiries from the residents of Warwickshire. Learnt the make up of local government and how and what services are delivered to the customer. Improved working within the team with a diverse work force. Workplace culture is not always productive and can be stuck in we have always done it this way. However working for Warwickshire County Council has been great with fair pay for the roles that have been completed and would recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Pension and working hours
Cons
Dinosaur ways
A proffessional, inspiring and passionate place to work
Warks (Current Employee) –  Warks21 February 2018
I have worked here for 9 years and enjoyed every minute. I have gained a wealth of experiences and made some long term friendships.
The school provided a wealth of ecperience and support throughout my time spent.
I gained various qualifications where i then used in my working life on a daily basis.
Meeting the needs of Warwickshire Residents
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 February 2018
Local Authority workplace working hard to meet the needs of its residents. A diverse place to work with locations throughout the County. Opportunities for career progression with hard work.
Pros
Providing a service
Excellent
Teaching Assistant Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands23 January 2018
As part of the local authority, and working in a junior school, I have been given appropriate training and responsibilities. Good working environment.
Left me with nothing to do
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire10 January 2018
I was one of 3 new people within the business and they left me nothing to do just sit there whilst they gave the other apprentice all the work. Made me feel very unwelcome and i regret applying for here. No matter who id ask for work they wouldn't give me anything to do. I resigned without gaining my qualification.
Also felt unprofessional as people round the office wear joggers, leggings and jeans.
Pros
Claim back expenses. Wore whatever clothes.
Cons
Poor management, poor work ethic, talking about service users in a bad way within the office.
Very happy place to work
School Dinner Lady (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton2 January 2018
Make the childrens lunch in the morning ,serve the lunches,prep and tidy up for the next day.
learned to make sure food was safely cooked and portion control followed.Management where very fair and a good environment.
Hardest part of the job was making sure everything was out and on time.It was great seeing the childrens faces enjoying there lunch .
Pros
free lunches and working with the children.
productive
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire9 November 2017
productive and good environment which allows me to experience a working environment and enables me to acquire many useful skills such as working as a team and liaising with others such Social Workers and Solicitors
Very rewarding job
Gardener (Former Employee) –  LeamingtonSpa23 October 2017
General maintenance of gardens to a very high standard, team work meant all pulling in the right direction, excellent manager all ways willing to help, great group of staff, trying to get all the work in done time, looking at the finished work and praise from the public.
Pros
Free plants through the year.
Cons
Very long hours in the summer months.
Challenging and rewarding
Foster Carer (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire19 October 2017
Like most companies, it has its ups and downs. If your job is more important than the company you work for then it's not an issue. Job security seems to be its greatest asset.
Varied and challenging role
Programme Administrator (part time) (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire2 October 2017
I supported a new Learning Management Service and enjoyed working as part of a busy administrative team. Every day brought variety and an opportunity to support others with their learning journeys.
Pros
Open office environment