Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Hiring process is a joke
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 April 2019
Was successful in landing a job at the Warrington site only for it to fall through after about a month due to the truly unbelievable incompetence of the HR woman.

She spent weeks chasing incorrect references, put all the chasing of said references back on myself despite that being her job.

When she finally began looking into the correct reference she omitted some information despite me sending everything she needed. She then began emailing me asking for this information despite already having it on her records in my initial email.

I relented and began chasing the reference who required the ticket number that they sent to this HR woman. She dodged 6 emails asking for the reference by replying with unrelated nonsense.

Next thing I know I'm getting a call from the extremely unsupportive hiring manager to withdraw the contract offer as it's taking too long.

I miss out on employment while the incompetent HR woman remains employed, god only knows how.

But, if that's their HR dept and the level of support I could have expected from my manager then I'd say I've dodged a bullet for sure and Warrington can't be all that great a place to work.

I've since heard it's not a good place to work. Blessing in disguise.
Pros
Cons
Unbelievably poor HR. Should be investigated really.
unsupportive and under staffed
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrington25 June 2018
thrown in to the deep end here as a newly qualified nurse in 2012, nurse to patient ratio 1:17 day shift. overwhelming and over worked going 15 hour days
Glad to leave
Band 6 nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire25 May 2018
Worked for this Trust for 15 years. (I left to work in a Trust that appreciate staff dedication and reward loyalty.) It used to be a great place to work and learn. Over the past few years a lot has changed. Management are rarely supportive, more interested in reaching their own goals instead of providing a positive environment for junior staff. I’ve seen some highly skilled, experienced nurses leave due to bad management. Such a shame as Warrington used to have a great reputation. Halton is just as bad, if not worse. Too many chiefs.... They should take a leaf out of the Walton Centre’s book. Now that’s an outstanding hospital, deserves every top accolade for providing excellent patient care in a clean and safe environment.
Pros
Staff loyalty
Cons
Egotistical management
Stressful but rewarding
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 April 2018
Working here was at times stressful due to the amount of workload and tight deadlines, but if organised and committed the sense of job satisfaction was great.
good
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halton10 April 2018
work load very busy
always working hard constantly on feet
support from staff and work peers
no day is the same , constantly working under pressure
Attention to detail
Enjoyable and Rewarding
Healthcare Assistant Higher Level (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire22 June 2017
A typical day at work is very busy and very rewarding. Regular courses to go on but management not very supportive.
The workplace culture is dis organised which can make this a hard part of the job and frustrating!
I enjoy the variation of my job role.
Pros
flexible to a point
Cons
To and from work and parking
Very different to any other job.
Emergency Admission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warrington29 April 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that it's an important role finding patients notes and get them to the wards as soon as I can.
The hardest part of the job would be if the notes aren't where they are tracked to. I work alone so I have to always be alert.
This job is very different to any I have had before and it's interesting.
Pros
Good pay and pension
Cons
Loan working at night
Pleasant place to work
Accredited checking pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Warrington21 January 2016
I enjoyed my time at Warrington and would ahppily work there again, It has just become my time to move on and find other places to work and see how they operate.
Business Change Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warrington26 November 2015
Great team of people who are very helpful with respect assisting in gathering requirements

Across different services and hospital settings
From My CV
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warrington , cheshire, United Kingdom29 July 2013
I am currently working at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as a registered nurse in acute Cardiology ward.

In acute cardiology ward I have to care the Patients who is admitting with MI, Heart Failure, LVF, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Angina and also complicated with other medical problems such as Diabetic, Acute Renal Failure etc. Pre and Post Care of Angiogram , assisting Cardio-Pulmonary resuscitation, Taking ECG and Interpreting, Caring Patients who is transferring from CCU and HDU , handling modern equipments such as Cardiac monitors , Infusion pump ,Telemetry. Cannulation and Venepuncture , caring CVP.

As a part of my job I have to liaise with other professionals regarding clinical matters and ensure all documentation pertaining to patient care is updated. In addition to this I have to communicate with patients and their relatives, keeping them informed of treatments and progress whilst observing confidentiality.