Warner Leisure Hotels

Warner Leisure Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom115 reviews
It's good place to work at but the manigment need changes!!! Some of the managers pick their favourite people and the non favourite are treated like slaves
Busy, fast-paced work environment
Friendly staff throughout the establishment. A pleasure to work with.

All members of staff believe in creating a positive environment for the guests and to give an experience they will remember. All members of staff are dedicated and positively driven and are always ready to assist in anything that is passed their way.

The hardest part of my job is stress due to a task that can't be completed due to obstacles or unforeseen circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the guests. I enjoy the long conversations that can take place. I mostly enjoy hearing the guests laughing and enjoying themselves. They brighten up the day and make you forget the stresses you may have had.
Easy days at work, not to many hours, with good relationship between managers and staff, you will met people from different countries and cultures, you can learn a lot of new things and they always invest on your learning curve with new courses. Good company if you want to progress in that area with always opportunities to go further in your career.
(thorseby Hall) Team members are next to non, despite understaffed shifts, majority of management who only look out for themselves and working 2-3 peoples jobs and getting paid minimum wage (yes the 16 year olds are paid less) you'll bond with your colleagues over trying to work understaffed shifts and management who care more about their budgets than staff and customer care! You'll learn all about the Warner way and how anything you take up with management will be shoved under the carpet and speak up too much and you'll be pushed out until you leave or they find a way to sack you!
When the head chef learns how to cook then I’ll start to listen, he has no idea at all what he’s doing. Management just look at numbers and stick together they don’t know what’s really going on but always enjoying themselves at their private get togethers. More money goes on them rather than the staff, oh sorry I mean team that do the real work.
Poor regional and head office leadership. Not really open to new ideas and concepts, stuck in a rut using the phrase - this is hospitality this is the way it is every time something around people practice goes wrong or not to plan.
Lots of talk about staff performance and fulfilment but not really practised consistently.

They really need to address retention issues, poor staff rota planning which does not support a good work life balance and national minimum wage. Its about time they shared the profits equally amongst all staff or team as Bourne Leisure like to use the phrase
The jobs role was really interesting with a great team but for the amount we were paid we did a lot of work. This was a long time ago and things may have changed. Having said this, I learnt a lot and it was a great first professional job.
Poor higher management. Terrible decision making. They have a good culture on paper and invest a lot of capital into this but fail to believe it fully and deliver it daily. Wage is disgraceful the company makes huge profit and pays a pittance.
Worked at alvaston for 5 yrs then the head of the dep & his friend started bullying me, accusing me of doing things with no evidence. I was called in to an investigation which wasn't dealt with properly and had to be reinvestigated. I brought up health and safety issues that my head of dep was doing with evidence but it was brushed under the carpet. I brought up to the general manager about the bullying but he wasn't interested. Managers look after each other. Avoid working here.
Hours promised at interview not met. No days off together. Poor management. Rate of pay ( minimum wage) not good for size of company. No team work involved.
Pros
Job security good.
Cons
Pay and hours.
My experience here was a very good one and It was ashame I had to leave. The staff were friendly and helpful and the work environment was very professional the pay was also competitive.
I found that the hotel i was working at was far too clicky when it came to managment. beacause of this it was extrememly difficult to progress unless you were friendly with the right people.
Very good company to work for, however work can be stressful during busy breaks. Filled with friendly staff and fairly helpful supervisors/managers. Not the best working hours as you do split shifts.
It's a hard work environment. Senior staff members always smoking and drinking coffee....no support or praise .
Always giving you lots more rooms to do and expect you to do them in the same amount of time.

Plenty of negativity towards hard working staff.
Relaxed and friendly.. helpful staff everyone helps everyone ...
Picking clean laundry and take it out for staff,making beds some times,collecting dirty laundry and dirty cups,plates etc for the restaurant.. take the staff home if need to be with a mini bus ( that was good in summer with traffic as it would push u near your finish time on a weekend lol )
If you want to be worked to death then you be ok. Low pay enormous expectations good way to lose weight. Slave drivers. Senior staff always smoking and eating cakes...says it all.Avoid at all costs.
Good place to work, they will help you on what path you want to talk by helping you out with courses and putting time into you.

...................
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Long days
I really enjoy working at the hotel, its a lovely place to work and the team there is great. I'm very happy here and would recommend to all friends and family.
Interesting place to work where you met many different guests each shift. This was a part-time position for me whilst I undertook an Engineering Course at York College.
I loved working here so easy got along with everyone, bosses were nice and always had a laugh,
Just loved working here

Meet nice customers etc..everyone was friendly and funny
No training ever given.
Put to work in front of over 400 guests and moaned at if doing it wrong.

Having the flu was not a good enough excuse to phone in sick.

Minimum wage for the stress of working all day, being shouted at and spoken to like dirt from management and guests.

In the middle of nowhere.

Would not recommend unless you are desperate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Leisure Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8