Warner Leisure Hotels Employee Reviews

Great Team to work for
Resident Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Gunton, Suffolk31 August 2019
A very beautiful environment, with a very close team who all worked together. Well cared for staff, lovely guests and lots of great opportunities given within the job
Independant but exhausting
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Gunton Hall22 August 2019
I loved this job as it working around my studies and was early in the morning, allowing me to continue the rest of my day as normal. Although, they do give you a lot of rooms to clean within a short period of time which can be rather daunting and exhausting, particularly on Sunday's when you also have to vaccum.
Good workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Corton, Suffolk22 August 2019
Few things could be changed within management. Dont get listened to and feel victimized if you say what you feel. Overall a good place to work though.
challenging and rewarding
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Thoresby, UK20 August 2019
Thorseby Hall taught me many skills that I will take with me through life.

I was a weekend working, meaning that i had the same guests to take care of all weekend. This means I was able to make the guests experience a personal one.
A place to be bullied
Cdp (Former Employee) –  Thorseby hall hotel18 July 2019
Working as a chef here I did not enjoy my time.you are expected to work to finish your job even if you run out of time as they are always short staffed. Pushed to the limits with shift supervisors being able to bully you with people higher up turning there backs on it .
Pros
Lunch for 1.50
Cons
All day with out much pay.
Warner Leisure
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hungerford, Berkshire26 June 2019
I worked here on a part-time basis a few months ago and I found that the management are really flexible in regards to working hours/time off which was important to me. The salary was also higher than average and most of the staff were really friendly. The only problem was that due to understaffing problems the job was really stressful and often you do not stop for the entire 7 hour shift. This also led to a few angry guests but most are understanding and know that it is not your fault.
Pros
Good salary, flexible
Cons
Understaffing problems
Hard and tough but rewarding
Housekeeper (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Chard16 June 2019
Helping Guests out at the Cricket St Thomas warner leisure hotel really did make me feel happy and felt rewarding, but the only thing I would say is that balancing a full week of college and working both Saturday's and Sunday's was very difficult for me as a student.
Disgusting
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Harrogate17 May 2019
I worked with Warner for nearly 3 years and they sacked me 10 days before Christmas for looking after my sick 3 month old baby. Over worked and under paid. The sewage backed up and flooded the food fridge and the kitchen still didn't get closed only bothered about money
Pros
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Amazing place to work
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayling Island4 May 2019
Great place to work where they encourage internal promotions. They offer lots of training courses both internal and external.
It is a face paced environment where no two days are the same.
W|orst place ive beed ever worked
Waiter/Barman (Former Employee) –  Bembridge4 April 2019
I spend 7 years working for this company and after that they kick me out and gave me disciplinary dissmissal coz some ppl dont like me. They had no proofs, nothing.
Go away from this hotel - BEMBRIDGE COAST
Cons
two shifts, working like rat
Awful
Chef (Former Employee) –  Ollerton2 April 2019
You will be treated as a disposable piece of trash.
Management don't care about team
The environment is one of a toxic high school. Rampant with bullying and gossip. You will be paid minimum wage. Unpaid breaks are compulsory. If you don't finish on time don't expect to be paid till you're done.
Pros
£1.50 shift meal
Cons
Split shifts, always short staffed, cliques in every department, no overtime paid so essentially working for free if you finish late, minimum wage, snotty managers, bullying
Not a good place to work
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk5 March 2019
Wouldn't work for this company ever again. I was made to feel unwelcome by their 'team' members - staff are obviously Favorited by managers. I was dismissed for reasons I felt were unnecessary and were not justified. If you want a secure job where you are made to feel like an actual team and are welcomed then do not apply.
Pros
Lovely guests
Cons
Rude members of staff and treated unfairly
Bad management & bullying culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight28 February 2019
Hard work and dedication mean nothing when management have their clear favourites and do not value your opinion to the point of negligence. The head office staff are helpful but on site is a different story. Staff fearful to approach manager as being made to feel a burden or pushed out of the company. A shame as day to day is enjoyable but management really need to be trained on consistency when dealing with issues with staff.
Pros
Discount schemes
Cons
Bad Management
Not the best
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk26 February 2019
Worked there for about 6 months and then got unfairly dismissed without actually having done anything wrong. I always did my job properly and was rare for me to make mistakes unlike some of my colleagues. Management expected too much off their staff but only pay minimum wage for it. They clearly favour certain members of staff as it was common for some people to do the bare minimum but they get away with it. I tried to go as above and beyond in my job as possible but this was clearly not acknowledged as I was dismissed and wasn’t given proper reasons for it more like generic ones that weren’t backed up with valid examples. I definitely do not recommend working here as there are other similar jobs that probably treat you better and pay more.
Pros
Lovely guests
Cons
Bad management
Great people, terrible management
Holiday Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Holme Lacy25 February 2019
This company has a terrible staff turnover, but still brags about how it is one of the top 5 Big companies to work for in the UK. They are quick to say the right things to entice team but are happy to get you to work split shifts in locations not served by public transport for minimum wage. They literally pay the minimum amount that they can legally get away with, but brag about how their 'team' is one of the most important things to them. However long you are there your job is never safe, and whatever they tell you, always keep an eye for a knife in your back at any time.
Pros
Great team
Cons
poor wages
Friendly place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayling Island, Hampshire15 February 2019
This could sometimes be hard work but was always good fun working within a big team and the customers you are serving are usually quite happy as they are on holiday
Pros
Great discounts on holidays and discount on lunches
Cons
Can be long hours and hard work for minimum wage
very good compamy
head av tech (Current Employee) –  Isle of Wight6 February 2019
top company to work for
really relaxed
good team to work with all really nice people
food is good and lovely location
you can live on site if needed
Bar Team Member/Slave
Bar Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk2 February 2019
I worked at Warners for roughly over a year and I can say that without a shadow of a doubt, it was the most regrettable year of my life.

I was made to work to the bone most shifts at Warners and often came home depressed and miserable. Countless late nights/weekends and overtime with no hints to 'thanks you's' or appreciation. You really do get the feeling you're just a peon and nothing more. An ABSOLUTE divide in the staff departments. Even when it comes to the little things, so don't expect many favours. The guests treat you like they're royalty and you're nothing but dirt, serving their every will upon a "click". The pay is minimum (of course) and don't expect any tips. Only tips I would EVER receive (despite catering to the guests every command) would be when you're nominated, without any choice, to go wonder the halls of the restaurant all night on Table Service, which let me say was completely demoralising and the worst part of the job. At least for me anyway...also, your lunch breaks aren't paid for.

The company is built on glass foundations. Most of the management and higher ups generally have no clue, and seem to all be completely fake and see through. Most nights and yes, that includes the RAMMED weekends and all inclusive's, supervisor and higher ups would doss in the office. It almost takes a bride to lure them out. I would see my manager perhaps once every two months, and even when we did see his ghost, it would be for him to come behind the bar and treat himself to a few beers. Lets not forget the whole hotel is riddled and corrupted with gossip. It doesn't
  more... matter what department you work in, everyone knows everyone and everything. This often includes personal information, and relationship status, because "oh yeah", lets not forget there's at least 20 relationships going on with management and team at any one point.

Upon reading further reviews for the company, I am absolutely shocked and in agreement with every negative review I've read. It's quite astonishing when multiple reviews all spread across the UK all relate to the same issues Warner Leisure have within their elitist company. What does it say about a company when not ONE single review on Indeed has been addressed and replied to.

If you're desperate for a job I would say keep looking. You'll eventually find one. Trust me, its not worth selling your soul for.
Pros
Sometimes you'll engage with a guest who has an interesting story to tell.
Cons
Treated like you're dispensable and just another cog in the "grand" Warners machine.
Hectic but efficient enviroment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayling Island, Hampshire30 January 2019
As a whole Warner Leisure was a enjoyable environment to work in with a fair amount of benefits. However in my specific kitchen department, Management was awful, Head chefs were rude to customers and staff.
Pros
Free gym and leisure
Cons
Long illegal hours
Minimum wage
Kitchen Porter/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayling Island, Hampshire29 January 2019
The job itself is easy, but if you're living in, unnecessary pressure is put upon staff, and you might find yourself working 15 + days in a row without a day off.

Pay is not always correct with the number of hours you have worked.
You're treated differently depending on where you work in the hotel.

Some staff is allowed to do whatever they want and you might find yourself having to do yours and theirs and then some for the same wage.

It's not uncommon to see people crying during service, fights and altercations are a daily occurrence.

Managers are overall comprehensive and do a decent job if you take into account the problematic staff.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Leisure Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.