Ward Security Employee Reviews

Best Company I have worked for in my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent19 April 2018
I have worked at Ward Security for over a year now, and can honestly say, in my whole career this is the best company I have worked for.

The whole company approach is you are one of the family and David and Kevin Ward do make you feel like you are.

I have been very satisfied in my job, have always been given support by my manager and have been supported when I have needed it. I have achieved more in the year I have worked for Ward Security and have had the great opportunity to work with and meet some great people.

I think I would say to any of the poor reviewers to watch this space, as I have certainly seen a change in how employees are treated and the style of managers which now represent the company, over the last 12 months and believe there is more to come.

I for one, have no complaints about this company and would highly recommend joining a fast growing company who still maintains that personal touch of being one of a big family.
Pros
Culture, Recognition of employees, Training and development
Cons
Head Office location but they are moving this year
Nightmare
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 February 2018
I work for them for 2 years already and will quit soon.

No point to try your best because you will never be appreciated.
HR does not know what they are doing, they don't communicate between each other, they never reply to your emails and if they want something from you it has to be done now and they won't even reply with ''thank you''. Management avoids you, ignores your emails, forget that they will talk to you.
Forget about courses and trainings.
You will probably never hear that you are doing a good job, but be prepared they will be criticising you.
If you can, make sure you have same pay rate as your colleagues cause one day you may find out you are getting much less than people that are still on probation.
Also forget about promotion, unless you are management friend/family.

So if you dont wanna lose all the motivation and will to live then RUN!!
Pros
Friendly office clients in the building
Cons
everything else
Friendly Tenants in the Building
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey29 January 2018
Locking and unlocking the Building each day.
Keeping the Reception area clean and tidy.
Preparing signing in books for clients and contractors.
Making the contractors sign in/out for the correct keys they needed.
Signed for post, parcels for tenants.
If a problem arose I would report to the help desk, or phone the facilities manager depending on the issue.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with children playing football in the car park, and having to leave the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a variety of people in a day.
I loved the job and would of not left had we had not moved to Devon.
Pros
Friendly Building
Relocated from London to Devon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey8 January 2018
Unlocked the Building early morning.
Every Monday put out signs to inform the tenants in the building Fire Alarm Testing at 11.30.
Meet and greet all into the Building with a "Good Morning and a smile"
Check emails on computer.
CCTV Monitor Camera's were still all working.
Prepare Visitors, contractors signing in books on Reception desk.
What I learn't was to question all visitors who came into the Building but in a polite way. Tenants would email me a list of names, day before on who they were expecting to come in. If visitors were not on the list I would phone the tenants to get permission to let the person in.
I absolutely loved my Job in London and definitely would of still been there if we hadn't relocated to Devon.
I got on very well with all my Managers as they knew if any problems within the building whether a Health & Safety issue that I would report straight away.
Hardest part of the job was chasing school children playing football in our car park especially with expensive cars around.

The most enjoyable part of the job - far too many too list I loved being in work, as I lived so far away from work, the tenants thought I was crazy getting up at 4.30 am every morning to unlock the building for them at 6.30 am and still had a smile on my face.
Pros
Such lovely people and support managers
Cons
Unprofessional management and useless regional managers
Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
I worked for them for few weeks and I can honestly and clearly say they they are the most dirtiest and ugliest people I have ever worked for. They do not care their staff, they are unprofessional and totally useless people.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management and dirtiest company to work for
never had any problems
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hampshire10 October 2017
As a relief Officer i was on call 24/7, dutie times and venue varied from day to day.
it was nice to be asked if, i could cover somewhere at short notice, rather than being told i had to, i only refused to do one duty, but that was due to having just finished 11 night duties in a row,
Pros
wage
Cons
lack of being able to make long term plans, without booking holiday
Working for Ward Security Ltd
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent5 June 2017
Good company to work for and there are company benefits for best Security officer awards

Learnt new things from various peoples.

Good team working

Making sure that you have done your job properly and protections the client property.
Its a Okey company to work for
Security Dog Handler (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire8 May 2017
I work 12 hour Night shifts. 6 till 6.
I learned how to train my Dog.
I never see management.
There is no culture.
Hardest Part of the Job Filling out incident forms.
I work at my own pace.
Great Role, No Benefits
Finance (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent25 February 2017
The company itself is ok to work for, the role suits me but there are no company benefits at all. Everything is bare minimum which is a shame as staff do not feel appreciated for their loyalty
Pros
Local
Cons
No Benefits
Be careful!
Relief Guard (Current Employee) –  Kent22 February 2017
I am a relief security guard for Ward. I was put on relief when my site closed down, given the choice of relief work or redundancy. In the past 2 months, I have been offered just 4 days work. Since it's a zero hour contract, you can enjoy spending a lot of time at home and extremely low wages at the end of the month.
Pros
Nice rates for relief work.
Cons
Very little work offered.
worse people to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London30 January 2017
i was working for tsg security before ward came in and i had to tu-pe over and now wished i never did..i have worked most my adult life and this is by far the worse company i have ever worked for..
Improductive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 January 2017
I really don't like giving bad comments about companies, but for this particular company sorry to say that is not one of the tops.

Very disorganised, there is always pay query. There hasn't been a particular month that I haven't had pay query and very stressful and annoying.

Their customer services are not good at handling situations.
Pros
Pay queries
Cons
Some area managers are helpful.
Career Development
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2017
Need to learn from other companies and develop my carer. I have worked with Ward security for 11 years and I want to change company to discover the potential in me.
good company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London16 January 2017
Very good company with a very good senior management structure. Ward Security has the capability and management team in place to be able to expand into a real sector leader.

Co-workers are amiable however at times standoffish .
Pros
Company car, espenses, good work life balance
Cons
direct line management
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London11 January 2017
I have been working at one of ward security site which i found really interesting and working with great people in a professional environment.
Cons
No Cons
Truly Awful, Unprofessional and clueless
Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 January 2017
A security company that doesn't pay double pay on bank holidays, underpays multiple staff every month and supplys sub contractor officers that would have trouble tying shoe laces. The management lie and decieve you, numerous staff and entire departments have left in numbers. Something is seriously wrong with this company. As good as you are they have no loyalty or care for you and will cut you free without hesitation. They do not follow any process or procedure when it comes to diciplinaries, redundancy or site procedures. Contracts are always under threat because of lack of support. Runaway Runaway Runaway
Pros
Leaving
Its a ok company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London6 January 2017
If you are looking for a job where the standard is not high then this job is for you , pay is ok not great . The sites on the other hand can be a bit of a let down.

The staff they employ in there H/O lack the skills or the right bedside manner when talking to security staff
Pros
there is no pros
Cons
long hours, schedule dept messing up your shift
Ward make the Keystone Cops look professional.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Kent3 January 2017
Only worked for these cowboys for just over 6 months. Couldnt take any more.

Worked for several companies and found these by far the worse.

They work so hard to look great to the outsid eworld and new starters but have a management team that dont care dont have a clue what they are doing and just lie their arses off everytime they screw up or muck the guards about.

If you are a decent bloke or woman then you will want to avoid 'Fraud Security'
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to list all!
great comany
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent10 December 2016
In my time working for Ward Security I learned a lot. Working on all sorts of sites, from building sites to shopping centres, street patrols to immigration centres and many more. On each site there was new and different assignment intrusions to learn and adhere to some of which including the opening and closing of buildings, where I was entrusted with keys and alarm codes. Others include working closely with a team of security officers to ensure the smooth running of events with public health and safety in mind.
I was nominated for officer of the year by one of Wards clients just a few weeks into my time with Ward and went on to win Officer of the quarter 2015. I was honoured to be recognised for my hard work and picked to win the award coming up against hundreds of employees that had also been nominated.
Glossy professional front, hides an awful company.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater London5 December 2016
Having worked for Ward for over a year now, I think I have a good idea about what they truly are, which is a long way from the professional, caring and enlightened impression they try so hard to portray.

Working on site you are simply treated with contempt. Ops managers avoid you. Payroll never answer emails. HR just don't know what they are doing and if you impress your site's client, you are rewarded by... Erm?.... Oh yeah. You are never given credit or respect for a job well done. Ever.

The Wards never seem to promote from within the company and no matter how many internal promotions or transfers you apply for, your hard work means nothing, as new staff are constantly employed above you! Do a good job on site and they will leave you there forever. Do a poor job and you'll be 'promoted' into the next better paid or more desirable job that comes along. Seriously.

Some of the guys I work with haven't had a pay rise in 7 years even though the client told me they pay a an invoice to Ward which has INCREASED every year!

There are so many managers and "associate directors", despite a relatively small workforce, a trip to head office looks like a luxury car show with an insane fleet of company cars..... but, try to speak to anyone in authority, about any issue at all, and these "managers" all seem to feel themselves far to important to speak to horrid front line plebs.

I could go on for hours. But simply be warned:

Don't listen to the wonderful pitch they may spin, Ward Security is a company to avoid.
Pros
Company logo is quite nice.
Cons
A few months of these idiots will drain your will to live.