Ward Security Employee Reviews

The tenants at my current location have a very good working culture
Security building manager (Current Employee) –  Winnersh, Berkshire2 August 2018
The current location where I am situated requires me to interact with both tenants and high profile visitors to the company's located in the building. I am required to be very flexible in dealing with many different customers attending site.The day to day management of the site is left to me to organise and to meet the needs of the site and tenants. The culture in the work place is very much all working towards achieving the best possible results for both tenants, clients and visitors to the business, located in the building. During my time at this building I have learned how to develop and provide a detailed disaster recovery plan. with supporting guides such as snow and ice plans. The hardest part of the current roll I have is now not being able to further influence the development of the service provided on site.The most enjoyable part of working in the current location is by far the tenants within the building who all have a very positive can do attitude
Pros
People that work with me on site.
Cons
Limited ability to drive through changes for the better of the tenants.
Really professional and look after their staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent17 July 2018
I have been working for Ward Security for just over a year now and have not had a bad experience, so can only have good words on them.

From when I applied on the company website through their online form, I was contacted immediately by email and then a person from recruitment called me to say my application would be looked at. I then got within 1 day an email saying i had been selected for an interview. I met the manager who gave me a good overview of the company and what to expect for the job i had applied for.

As soon as i was successful i recieved the company's induction including videos to watch, and all the information to help me before i started.

i had 2 days training on the site where i learned the assignment instructions and the general requirements of the site. i work in a good team where everyone works well together and the customers are happy. i relly enjoy working for Wards and have worked in some larger security firms who don't treat you like a person.

i am now getting the chance to go on their leaders programme which i am really looking forward to so i can progress in the firm.

i get a good shift pattern, have used my benefits like perkbox and my manager meets with me regularly to discuss any things i might need help with. i have no intention of leaving as i have not met many companys which give you as much as wards do and i enjoy my job.
Pros
starting on leaders programme, benefits, good pay and shift pattern
Cons
none really
Terrible company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire15 July 2018
Watch out! This company will not pay you for your correct holidays, they'll change your contract without you knowing, promise pay rises and never deliver. Cowboys!
Pros
Non
Best Company I have worked for in my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent19 April 2018
I have worked at Ward Security for over a year now, and can honestly say, in my whole career this is the best company I have worked for.

The whole company approach is you are one of the family and David and Kevin Ward do make you feel like you are.

I have been very satisfied in my job, have always been given support by my manager and have been supported when I have needed it. I have achieved more in the year I have worked for Ward Security and have had the great opportunity to work with and meet some great people.

I think I would say to any of the poor reviewers to watch this space, as I have certainly seen a change in how employees are treated and the style of managers which now represent the company, over the last 12 months and believe there is more to come.

I for one, have no complaints about this company and would highly recommend joining a fast growing company who still maintains that personal touch of being one of a big family.
Pros
Culture, Recognition of employees, Training and development
Cons
Head Office location but they are moving this year
Nightmare
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 February 2018
I work for them for 2 years already and will quit soon.

No point to try your best because you will never be appreciated.
HR does not know what they are doing, they don't communicate between each other, they never reply to your emails and if they want something from you it has to be done now and they won't even reply with ''thank you''. Management avoids you, ignores your emails, forget that they will talk to you.
Forget about courses and trainings.
You will probably never hear that you are doing a good job, but be prepared they will be criticising you.
If you can, make sure you have same pay rate as your colleagues cause one day you may find out you are getting much less than people that are still on probation.
Also forget about promotion, unless you are management friend/family.

So if you dont wanna lose all the motivation and will to live then RUN!!
Pros
Friendly office clients in the building
Cons
everything else
Friendly Tenants in the Building
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey29 January 2018
Locking and unlocking the Building each day.
Keeping the Reception area clean and tidy.
Preparing signing in books for clients and contractors.
Making the contractors sign in/out for the correct keys they needed.
Signed for post, parcels for tenants.
If a problem arose I would report to the help desk, or phone the facilities manager depending on the issue.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with children playing football in the car park, and having to leave the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a variety of people in a day.
I loved the job and would of not left had we had not moved to Devon.
Pros
Friendly Building
Cons
Good
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rochester22 January 2018
Friendly work environment. Willing to show flexibility. Though they eventually made me redundant they went through great efforts to find me other work and to delay the eventualality l.
Relocated from London to Devon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey8 January 2018
Unlocked the Building early morning.
Every Monday put out signs to inform the tenants in the building Fire Alarm Testing at 11.30.
Meet and greet all into the Building with a "Good Morning and a smile"
Check emails on computer.
CCTV Monitor Camera's were still all working.
Prepare Visitors, contractors signing in books on Reception desk.
What I learn't was to question all visitors who came into the Building but in a polite way. Tenants would email me a list of names, day before on who they were expecting to come in. If visitors were not on the list I would phone the tenants to get permission to let the person in.
I absolutely loved my Job in London and definitely would of still been there if we hadn't relocated to Devon.
I got on very well with all my Managers as they knew if any problems within the building whether a Health & Safety issue that I would report straight away.
Hardest part of the job was chasing school children playing football in our car park especially with expensive cars around.

The most enjoyable part of the job - far too many too list I loved being in work, as I lived so far away from work, the tenants thought I was crazy getting up at 4.30 am every morning to unlock the building for them at 6.30 am and still had a smile on my face.
Pros
Such lovely people and support managers
Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
never had any problems
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hampshire10 October 2017
As a relief Officer i was on call 24/7, dutie times and venue varied from day to day.
it was nice to be asked if, i could cover somewhere at short notice, rather than being told i had to, i only refused to do one duty, but that was due to having just finished 11 night duties in a row,
Pros
wage
Cons
lack of being able to make long term plans, without booking holiday

Want to know more about Ward Security?

Ask a question
Working for Ward Security Ltd
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent5 June 2017
Good company to work for and there are company benefits for best Security officer awards

Learnt new things from various peoples.

Good team working

Making sure that you have done your job properly and protections the client property.
Its a Okey company to work for
Security Dog Handler (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire8 May 2017
I work 12 hour Night shifts. 6 till 6.
I learned how to train my Dog.
I never see management.
There is no culture.
Hardest Part of the Job Filling out incident forms.
I work at my own pace.
Great Role, No Benefits
Finance (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent25 February 2017
The company itself is ok to work for, the role suits me but there are no company benefits at all. Everything is bare minimum which is a shame as staff do not feel appreciated for their loyalty
Pros
Local
Cons
No Benefits
Be careful!
Relief Guard (Current Employee) –  Kent22 February 2017
I am a relief security guard for Ward. I was put on relief when my site closed down, given the choice of relief work or redundancy. In the past 2 months, I have been offered just 4 days work. Since it's a zero hour contract, you can enjoy spending a lot of time at home and extremely low wages at the end of the month.
Pros
Nice rates for relief work.
Cons
Very little work offered.
worse people to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London30 January 2017
i was working for tsg security before ward came in and i had to tu-pe over and now wished i never did..i have worked most my adult life and this is by far the worse company i have ever worked for..
Improductive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 January 2017
I really don't like giving bad comments about companies, but for this particular company sorry to say that is not one of the tops.

Very disorganised, there is always pay query. There hasn't been a particular month that I haven't had pay query and very stressful and annoying.

Their customer services are not good at handling situations.
Pros
Pay queries
Cons
Some area managers are helpful.
Career Development
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2017
Need to learn from other companies and develop my carer. I have worked with Ward security for 11 years and I want to change company to discover the potential in me.
good company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London16 January 2017
Very good company with a very good senior management structure. Ward Security has the capability and management team in place to be able to expand into a real sector leader.

Co-workers are amiable however at times standoffish .
Pros
Company car, espenses, good work life balance
Cons
direct line management
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London11 January 2017
I have been working at one of ward security site which i found really interesting and working with great people in a professional environment.
Cons
No Cons
Truly Awful, Unprofessional and clueless
Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 January 2017
A security company that doesn't pay double pay on bank holidays, underpays multiple staff every month and supplys sub contractor officers that would have trouble tying shoe laces. The management lie and decieve you, numerous staff and entire departments have left in numbers. Something is seriously wrong with this company. As good as you are they have no loyalty or care for you and will cut you free without hesitation. They do not follow any process or procedure when it comes to diciplinaries, redundancy or site procedures. Contracts are always under threat because of lack of support. Runaway Runaway Runaway
Pros
Leaving
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ward Security. Our community is ready to answer.

Ward Security Reviews by Location