Walsingham Support Employee Reviews

Excellent work culture
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2018
Walsingham Support is an organisation that truly invests in people and their development. It is strategically focussed and engages with all stakeholders to ensure full buy in for organisational development. It recognised people are its greatest resource and ensures everyone can reach their full potential. A flexible and supportive organisation to work for with a great etho and workplace culture.
Poorly managed
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North West28 July 2018
The service users and some staff are the best part of the job. Management is poor and the company cares more about where and how they can save money rather than the needs of the service users. Often put on 2 different shifts a day which can last 16 hours in total. Awkward hours and not much time for a home/social life.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything else
Terrible commpany!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anonymous25 June 2018
I echo the earlier reviews which cite terrible working conditions, bullying by management low morale and neglect of clients. Given that this company has a Christian ethos its a shame those values aren't disseminated into the workplace. Hang your heads in shame!
Pros
Quality staff who are forced to leave!
Cons
Everthing!!
not the best company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire22 May 2018
Not the best experience in the Luton services. management is utterly not competent, therefore the very high turnover of staff the never stay long in the job.
Pros
lots of shifts
Cons
no benefits
Productive work place
Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
Great values and ethos behind the charity. Learnt a great deal, especially how to manage staff and the opportunities to learn new skills.
The most enjoyable part, are the people who work for the company. Great support network.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to learn
Cons
Salary
Hertfordshire area
LM (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire24 November 2017
Fantastic values based organisation.
Support given is always person centred and the staff are always ready to go the extra mile.
Staff support people on a variety of activities such as sailing, bowling, cinema, pubs/restaurants, shopping, West end shows, holidays (both uk and abroad) etc.
The training and induction process is thorough, all staff complete the care certificate and have the opportunity to move forward to do QCF qualifications in health and social care.
Pros
Great training, good induction, fantastic people, great staff benefits available, every shift is different, love the variety of activities people are supported to participate in, double pay on bank holidays, watching residents achieve their goals
Cons
It would be nice if the pay was a little higher
taking service users out in commuity
ex employee support worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 November 2017
well i heard gd things about company but very disappointed when i started working for them no proper in duction given wasnt showen things propably staff saying s things to other staff bullying going on not treating service users with respect staff not trained propaply management not very nice to staff and staff not pulling there weight.also staff doing there own thing on shift no communication.
Pros
looking after service users
Cons
hours, pay, lack of communication between staff
Absolutely No Idea
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea29 October 2017
Dreadful, truly dreadful. Management have no clue, more concerned with keeping the house clean than the tenants health and wellbeing. One support worker I had the misfortune of working with stole money from tenants and drank cans of lager during a night shift. He was very popular with the other staff(!) When I voiced my concerns regarding his behaviour to management, I was informed that it was a Christian based organisation that was built on trust. It would be laughable if there weren't vulnerable people's lives being affected. They need to be investigated thoroughly and shut down immediately. No doubt.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Too many to list - incompetence and negligence the most concerning
Good Place To Work When Comes To Caring For Residents But Bad Management And Always On Your Case!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent2 June 2017
Job was ok in respects you are there for the residents and they give you pleasure and fun.
It's good to care for them and give them an good lease of life as best you can.
Management wise well what can I say except badly run! Give excuses to the residents families for things not being done.
Say they got no money but able to fork out for decorating and new furniture yet residents don't attend activities as they should.
Only good part of the job is the residents.
Bad pay bad management and sometimes bad support workers as some just sit on their backsides and don't do any work.
Do not recommend working for them.
Pros
Get to go out to activities etc in the community.
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. Lazy support workers
Rewarding and fun place to work.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire26 April 2017
I have worked for Walsingham for over three years and over all i have loved working here. The staff receive good support from management and there is always someone to listen and help you if you're struggling, whether at work or in your personal life.
Pros
Flexible shifts and support from management
Cons
Not enough pay.
Caring workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire12 March 2017
I really like working for walsinham they have a brilliant service and help when needed there training is great but i dont like the fact we have to refresh on our e learning once a year should be maybe once every two years
Pros
Great training
Cons
Not paid enough for the jobs we do
Awful company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 December 2016
Worked there for over four years, first three years I was a part of the best team I could ask for. I transferred due to personal reasons and needing more hours and it has been the worst decision. Ever since I have experienced the reality of this company, it is who you know not what you know. No one is happy, management are a joke and have clear favourites. The service users are not given the correct support and management could not care less. The staff turn over is ridiculously high and team work is non existent for majority of the staff members.
Pros
Supporting the services users
Cons
low pay, no support for staff, unprofessional management and staff, not the right amount of support for services users and unappreciated.
Good company to work for
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Loughor, Swansea28 November 2016
I absolutely love my job at Walsingham, I have done loads of training and they also put me through college to gain level 3 in Health and social care.
Pros
Days out in the community
Cons
Low pay
Only good thing about job is the service users you support
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle17 August 2016
Management sit in office all day. Have to do sleeps and waking nights some shifts are split shifts don't get training that is needed and are expected to just get on with it. Only good thing is the service users lovely people to work with which makes the Job better. Low pay
Pros
Working with the service users
Cons
Low pay
No comment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wallington21 June 2016
There is no work life balance working for Walsingham. I have become very disillusion and lost respect of the company. I do not know or meet the CEO. My CO workers work hard and I feel could work with any of my CO Workers.
Pros
no pro
Cons
no cons
enjoy thew clients i look after
Domiciliary home support worker (Current Employee) –  allerdale13 July 2015
i work mornings and back shifts around allerdale taking care of vulnerable adults, a typical day for me is getting people up out of bed either giving asistance or using equipment such as a stand aid or a hoist, then i also get them showered/cleaned, dressed, give them breakfast i either assist them to make there own or do it for them if they are unable, i also give them medication and make sure there homes are clean and tidy. i also do lunch calls and make tea/ drinks filling in food/fluid charts, MAR charts and communication books and making sure the clients are safe, well and healthy and there are no risks to their health or any other aspect of their well being and report anything that concerns me. i also put or assist clients into bed if i am on a back shift
Cons
long hours and days
Worst place I've ever worked.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea31 May 2015
I loved the clients, but there was no support from management. Management bullied staff. Management didn't care that clients were bullying other clients. They only cared about they big fat wage slips! All about who brought the most money in! Staff morale is so poor, due to the management. No recognition for hard workers that truly cared. A lot of back stabbing! Information that is suppose to be confidential, was shared and laughed about by management! I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work here
Pros
Seeing clients happy
Cons
terrible management
rewarding
Support worker (Former Employee) –  carlisle6 August 2014
supporting people with learning or physical difficulties live their lives how they want to. planning day trips/hoildays or simple going out in the cumunity. conversations and helping with day to day things such as cleaning and p.c.
the hardest part of this job was on days that people i support had down days and felt upset.
the most enjoyable part was seeing someone smile.......even after achieving the simplest thing to other people, truely heart touching ")
Pros
making someone smile
Cons
there was none
friendly relaxed workplace
Volunteer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basildon, ENG28 May 2014
as a volunteer, i help out any way i can, support the people that use the service and maintain their safety.
good place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Workington, ENG11 March 2014
Walsingham is a good place to work with a really good bunch of people, managers help with hours
Pros
Good Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walsingham Support. Our community is ready to answer.

Walsingham Support Reviews by Location