Walsingham Support

Walsingham Support Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Wouldn't really bother
I worked for Walsingham loved it at first then cracks started to show and staff's true colours came to light no recognision from management we had it drummed into us it's a 365 24/7 job when there's staffing issues management will not back you it was down to us to sort any disputes with staff members again management would hide in the corner and allow rifts to continue
Would not work here
Management are really poor at there jobs , they dont care about there staff and there well-being. You feel spoken about, you have no respect in this place . most new people are bullied by other staff members and judged as soon as they walk through the door. The amount of medication errors in Walshingham is shocking staff cover other staff ONLY if you are liked this includes managers!
Rubbish
We were toupeed over from nhs so we didn’t ave a choice in the matter.If I had the choice I would never ave worked for them at all. They hide the truth n try to avoid answering any questions that arise in all not a company to work for at all
Horrible company
Walsingham Support as a company is a horrible place to work in!

I was on a temporary contract hired by an agency as they’ve been having very high turnover. My experience was horrible they have not treated me like the rest of my work colleagues. The reason for this as they mentioned using these words - I am not an employee I’m just a WORKER simply because I’m from an agency ! I felt disrespected, unappreciated and neglected... However, from my point of view Walsingham Support should be grateful for those agencies who are willing to help them find candidates and for those candidates willing to help them as a company. Therefore, they should treat EVERYONE with respect and treat them like everyone else beside where they come from !

Overall they have terminated my contract because I was going through health issues where I needed to undertake surgery which they was not supportive in any type of way !
Not very good.
Don’t care about clients. Horrible management. No time for personal life due to long hours. Pay never right. Stressful. No welfare or safety for staff.
By far the worst place I have ever worked
Don’t give constructive feedback they will just fire you!
Wages are horrendous, mine was under minimum wage for months without my knowledge

Management are awful, unapproachable and rude

If

You’re not a favourite it’s very obvious

Work load is too high

Unrealistic deadlines and expectati

The turnover is ridiculously high ons
Supporting adults in their own homes
Supporting adults with learning difficulties live a better quality of life, learning them to fulfil their dreams and improve their social skills, to support personal care where needed and supporting them to go on holidays in the uk and abroad
Need reporting to cqc
Bullying and backstabbing culture , talk about service users behind their back and some treated shockingly , they have their favourites. Feel sorry for the families as they don’t know the half of it. Someone I know has a child here and I know if I told them everything they would report to cqc And rightly so.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walsingham Support?
Very little praise
Very little positive feedback received, see!ed to focus more on mistakes made. Manager excellent and patient along with operational manager. Team within the office hard to describe, no sense of collaboration did not have a work life balance as working from home expected and the norm. Would not recommend
They desperate for staff!!!
Management dont care about staff, they will rota you to do 15 hour shifts back to back, they speak to you like dirt and you will only get on with management if you face fits, problems will never get resolved other wises and they only listen if they want to or if it benefits them.
The staff are great to work with, very friendly and helpful. That's the only benefit you will have!
not too bad
it wasn't bad working there, the service users are amazing. the staff i worked with whilst there were great and everyone got along mostly. i had alot of fun there. it was literally like my second home
Can be very stressful
They expect to much from there staff, you have lots of responsibilities for very little pay. Your just a number. I enjoyed my time with this company and the people I worked with but as time went on they gave you so many responsibilities that the job became very stressful.
Walsingham
I enjoy working with walsingham support - I feel the company is person centred in it's approach and always places people above profit -
They are driven by care and good practice!
Rife with gossips and cliques
Lots of people want to know your business then use it against you. Management are incompetent and just as bad as the staff. You have very little time outside of work, working long shifts and getting no support.
The service users are lovely and the best part of the job.
No good
Would love the job if it wasn’t for the management that care nothing for the people you support. This makes you resentful of the managers and upset for the service users.
Rewarding
Hard at times but overall a very rewarding role.
To be able to assist someone with every aspect of their daily life whilst they gain the confidence (where possible) to be able to do those things for themselves independently and safely is the best part of the job.
Good company to work for always put the people we support first
I have worked at Walsingham support for the last 8 yrs it’s a job I would recommend it helps people with learning disabilities to live a independent life we support our guys with everyday tasks our guys learn new skills and everyday is different in their lives
Pros
To see them smile
Cons
Good company in care
I enjoy being in my current role. Challenging job that is constantly changing but this is health and social care at the moment. Management have always listened to any concerns and seem to put the people we support first which is the main thing.
No go!
Not a good company to work for. Management awful. Clicks in staff-if your face doesnt fit-your screwed (bullies). Staff miserable and want to cause drama for no reason. Service users not put first.
Management are poor
Poorly run, and management are terrible, dont seem to care, dont give you the right training, if the staff you work with dont like you they make lies up and then they get their friends in. Terrible
firm to work for
support worker
I enjoy working with Walsingham as a support worker I work with people with downssydrome and demaita a typical day is looking after them meds personal care and make sure everything is up to standard. The people I work with are on end of life so every day is different.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walsingham Support. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2