Walsingham Support Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
Great values and ethos behind the charity. Learnt a great deal, especially how to manage staff and the opportunities to learn new skills.
The most enjoyable part, are the people who work for the company. Great support network.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to learn
Cons
Salary
Hertfordshire area
LM (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire24 November 2017
Fantastic values based organisation.
Support given is always person centred and the staff are always ready to go the extra mile.
Staff support people on a variety of activities such as sailing, bowling, cinema, pubs/restaurants, shopping, West end shows, holidays (both uk and abroad) etc.
The training and induction process is thorough, all staff complete the care certificate and have the opportunity to move forward to do QCF qualifications in health and social care.
Pros
Great training, good induction, fantastic people, great staff benefits available, every shift is different, love the variety of activities people are supported to participate in, double pay on bank holidays, watching residents achieve their goals
Cons
It would be nice if the pay was a little higher
taking service users out in commuity
ex employee support worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 November 2017
well i heard gd things about company but very disappointed when i started working for them no proper in duction given wasnt showen things propably staff saying s things to other staff bullying going on not treating service users with respect staff not trained propaply management not very nice to staff and staff not pulling there weight.also staff doing there own thing on shift no communication.
Pros
looking after service users
Cons
hours, pay, lack of communication between staff
Absolutely No Idea
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea29 October 2017
Dreadful, truly dreadful. Management have no clue, more concerned with keeping the house clean than the tenants health and wellbeing. One support worker I had the misfortune of working with stole money from tenants and drank cans of lager during a night shift. He was very popular with the other staff(!) When I voiced my concerns regarding his behaviour to management, I was informed that it was a Christian based organisation that was built on trust. It would be laughable if there weren't vulnerable people's lives being affected. They need to be investigated thoroughly and shut down immediately. No doubt.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Too many to list - incompetence and negligence the most concerning
Good Place To Work When Comes To Caring For Residents But Bad Management And Always On Your Case!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent2 June 2017
Job was ok in respects you are there for the residents and they give you pleasure and fun.
It's good to care for them and give them an good lease of life as best you can.
Management wise well what can I say except badly run! Give excuses to the residents families for things not being done.
Say they got no money but able to fork out for decorating and new furniture yet residents don't attend activities as they should.
Only good part of the job is the residents.
Bad pay bad management and sometimes bad support workers as some just sit on their backsides and don't do any work.
Do not recommend working for them.
Pros
Get to go out to activities etc in the community.
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. Lazy support workers
Rewarding and fun place to work.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire26 April 2017
I have worked for Walsingham for over three years and over all i have loved working here. The staff receive good support from management and there is always someone to listen and help you if you're struggling, whether at work or in your personal life.
Pros
Flexible shifts and support from management
Cons
Not enough pay.
Caring workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire12 March 2017
I really like working for walsinham they have a brilliant service and help when needed there training is great but i dont like the fact we have to refresh on our e learning once a year should be maybe once every two years
Pros
Great training
Cons
Not paid enough for the jobs we do
Awful company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 December 2016
Worked there for over four years, first three years I was a part of the best team I could ask for. I transferred due to personal reasons and needing more hours and it has been the worst decision. Ever since I have experienced the reality of this company, it is who you know not what you know. No one is happy, management are a joke and have clear favourites. The service users are not given the correct support and management could not care less. The staff turn over is ridiculously high and team work is non existent for majority of the staff members.
Pros
Supporting the services users
Cons
low pay, no support for staff, unprofessional management and staff, not the right amount of support for services users and unappreciated.
Good company to work for
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Loughor, Swansea28 November 2016
I absolutely love my job at Walsingham, I have done loads of training and they also put me through college to gain level 3 in Health and social care.
Pros
Days out in the community
Cons
Low pay
Only good thing about job is the service users you support
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle17 August 2016
Management sit in office all day. Have to do sleeps and waking nights some shifts are split shifts don't get training that is needed and are expected to just get on with it. Only good thing is the service users lovely people to work with which makes the Job better. Low pay
Pros
Working with the service users
Cons
Low pay
No comment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wallington21 June 2016
There is no work life balance working for Walsingham. I have become very disillusion and lost respect of the company. I do not know or meet the CEO. My CO workers work hard and I feel could work with any of my CO Workers.
Pros
no pro
Cons
no cons
enjoy thew clients i look after
Domiciliary home support worker (Current Employee) –  allerdale13 July 2015
i work mornings and back shifts around allerdale taking care of vulnerable adults, a typical day for me is getting people up out of bed either giving asistance or using equipment such as a stand aid or a hoist, then i also get them showered/cleaned, dressed, give them breakfast i either assist them to make there own or do it for them if they are unable, i also give them medication and make sure there homes are clean and tidy. i also do lunch calls and make tea/ drinks filling in food/fluid charts, MAR charts and communication books and making sure the clients are safe, well and healthy and there are no risks to their health or any other aspect of their well being and report anything that concerns me. i also put or assist clients into bed if i am on a back shift
Cons
long hours and days
Worst place I've ever worked.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea31 May 2015
I loved the clients, but there was no support from management. Management bullied staff. Management didn't care that clients were bullying other clients. They only cared about they big fat wage slips! All about who brought the most money in! Staff morale is so poor, due to the management. No recognition for hard workers that truly cared. A lot of back stabbing! Information that is suppose to be confidential, was shared and laughed about by management! I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work here
Pros
Seeing clients happy
Cons
terrible management
rewarding
Support worker (Former Employee) –  carlisle6 August 2014
supporting people with learning or physical difficulties live their lives how they want to. planning day trips/hoildays or simple going out in the cumunity. conversations and helping with day to day things such as cleaning and p.c.
the hardest part of this job was on days that people i support had down days and felt upset.
the most enjoyable part was seeing someone smile.......even after achieving the simplest thing to other people, truely heart touching ")
Pros
making someone smile
Cons
there was none
friendly relaxed workplace
Volunteer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basildon, ENG28 May 2014
as a volunteer, i help out any way i can, support the people that use the service and maintain their safety.
good place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Workington, ENG11 March 2014
Walsingham is a good place to work with a really good bunch of people, managers help with hours
Pros
Good Hours
love people to look after
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  carlisle29 November 2013
getting service users up showering them,making beds making breakfasts,1to1 work, ihad alot of training i have done my nvq level 2 in adult health and social care moving and handling,buccal training and medication .
the most enjoyable part was the service users it was a pleasure to help them .
the hardest part was having no breaks or very few and some of the hours were not suitable most of the time ,2 hours a day often
Pros
truly lovely people to look after
Cons
no breaks
Working for Walsingham is certainly never dull! You can expect plenty of excitement and challenges together with the reassurance you are doing somethi
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey7 November 2013
Before enrolling for a social work programme with Kingston University, I had NVQ Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care which I achieved through Walsingham. This motivated my desire to study social work. However, as a single parent, I had a lot of responsibilities in this country and also back home in Zimbabwe of caring for the children of my late brother who died of AIDS, around the same time as his wife. I was aware that there would be no way that I could further my education without having to work, I therefore had to create clear boundaries and strategies for achievable work and academic life balance as well as maintaining my wellbeing. I am ever so thankful to the invaluable support I got from Walsingham management in achieving both my Access to Social Work course and my university BA (Hons) degree. They were very supportive throughout by giving me work shifts around my college and university timetables and I succeeded to complete my studies without problems.
The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility and inclusion. Both staff and people we support have this sense of belonging (family environment) with great respect and dignity maintenance.

The hardest part of the job will be leaving the organisation, though inevitable.
gained vast experiance
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, WLS20 October 2013
Pleasant company to work for very people focused, gained alot of experiance and grounding during my time within the role
Pros
good experiance
Cons
none really
productive and educational
support worker (Current Employee) –  carlisle10 January 2013
its a good company to work for although the salary is basic the people that you meet are amazing and they put new staff through qualifications and the trainings really good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walsingham Support. Our community is ready to answer.

Walsingham Support Reviews by Location