Walkers Shortbread Ltd Employee Reviews

Perfect job if you're desperate
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Elgin26 November 2019
It could be really nice place to work but management is so bad that you don't want to back on the next day. There is a group of privileged people and they can do anything, for example make jokes about you, yell at you and it's fine. If you're a friend of supervisor you can do everything and you will get easier jobs to do.
Bullying is entertainment for manager and supervisor.

Unfortunately I worked there for few years and what I saw was shocking
N/a
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray19 November 2019
i don't want to have to write review about such a horrible place to work.
most colleagues are rude.
we get short breaks/ which is bad especially during the summer.
And nobody treats anybody with any respect, no matter how hard you work.
Fast-Paced, Fun
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Elgin30 October 2019
Great hours for the morning shift because you get the rest of the day to yourself.
Good work environment and helpful training.
Very fast-paced, especially if you're doing something you haven't done before.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray11 October 2019
I learned how to co operate with other people who was working in the factory. The hard thing about working in walkers is that you have to maintain the speed but once you get the hang of it , it’ll be easier.
Pros
Pros:you can work extra hours and get payed double
Don't work here
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray1 September 2019
Not committed to there workers. No organisation skills or communication skills. They still work in the 19th century. I could add lots more but on afterthought it would not make any difference. Would not recommend for anyone.
Not overall stimulating, a very uncomfortable environment
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray1 September 2019
Air con would be brilliant bas the factory can reach over 50degrees. The management is awful and belittle you. Overall the environment is just uncomfortable but the wages are good with weekly pay.
This work is a nightmare
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray2 August 2019
The work starts at 6.00 am and ends at 2.30 pm. The breakfast break takes 10 minutes and you have to choose whether you want to eat breakfast or use the toilet and be hungry until lunchtime. You work in terrible heat and you can not have water with you. A few women from the biscuit factory fainted from the heat, exhausted by the murderous speed of work and lack of water. The point with water is very far away and you have to ask for permission to go and drink water, then someone has to stand in your workplace and this is a huge problem for the company. People are terrible, supervisors and management too.
Great Comapny
Odd jobs (Current Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray29 July 2019
Great company to work for, really look after there staff. If have a problem can easily speak to supervisor, manager or a director. Friendly workforce that is always up for a laugh.
Pros
Free transport, discount in shop, subsidised canteen
Terrible place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray26 July 2019
Worst place to work the manger is a disgrace and I have no idea how he even became manager, we had loads of maggots falling from the roof right above line 5 the line wasn’t even turned off there was still biscuits on that line he said if u see any stand on them what kind of manager says this! I seen every day people dropping skillets on the floor and using them once been on the floor I dropped about 30 when I was up the belt by accident and I put them in the corner to put in the bin when we swap but the charge hand came up I told her they were for the bin and she said okay And put them in my skillets tub to use there was no way u was using them so I took them out again and she put them back in so I made sure I put them in the bin my self it’s a disgusting place to work
Pros
Cons
Everything about the factory
One of the most horrible and vile work places you’ll find..
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray2 June 2019
Everything from top to bottom is all wrong, Management and owners do not care in the slightest about their staff, I worked there many years and saw bullying on a daily basis.
Full time staff gossiping and spreading lies about seasonal workers all because their lives are not exciting.

And if you end up not being liked then you will never get any of your jobs signed off by trainers (especially in factory 2)
Which is not right, everyone should be treated fairly. But these people have the protection from certain red hats.

By no means at all would I recommend applying for walkers.

This should be a last resort.

They need to fix their rules and put people into higher jobs that deserve them and can actually do the job.

I would rather be homeless and starve than work for this company again, or have to deal with the management or HR department who look out for bully’s.
Pros
Working in a beautiful area
Cons
Working for walkers staff and the walkers company.
Packing/asst Chargehand
Packer (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray8 May 2019
Language is NOT a barrier if you are a good worker. The problem is the RACISM, BULLYING AND FAVOURITISM by management and especially supervisor. Patronising, back-biting and humiliation are also rife there. Hopefully over the course of time the poodles will slowly disappear, leaving queen bee to experience karma. Once that happens,it should be a more decent place to work in, because the actual work is not so bad.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management and especially supervisor
Horrible experience
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray23 February 2019
Was really excited with opportunity to work in Quality Assurance for such a renowned company, but don't let this fool you, was bullied for three months by my supervisor and management and directors were made aware but still nothing was done. It's common knowledge that bullying by this supervisor is standard and that the office is compared to a "morgue" by the rest of the workforce, yet they still brush it under the carpet as if it's never happened before. Money is decent and early finish on a Friday but be prepared to be patronised and thrown under the bus constantly. Isn't worth the hassle. Think it sums it up when you see how many other reviews mention bullying on here.
Pros
Early finish on a friday
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Secure Job
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray27 November 2018
Typical day includes, co-ordinating with supervisor and line chargehand's, as to the order of production. Attaining standards for our customers. I enjoy working as part of a team, which sadly is now lacking in my workplace, which is why i am looking to a new career.
Pros
Free Bus Service
Cons
No Team work
good environment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray3 November 2018
seasonal work so can't really make an honest opinion of the company but the time that I was there I was treated well.They run a slick operation.and the supervisors really help you with tasks.
Terrible
Operative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray24 October 2018
Absolutely terrible place to work. Many of the workers were depressed and stressed. Pace of work is too high and relentless, you need to be an octopus to keep up. Unfortunately some of the staff unpleasant people and bullying is rife.!
Avoid like the plague
Diabolical
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray3 September 2018
Poor, or lack of, management. No sense of hierarchy/respect in job roles.

No incentive to get promotion - as there is barely anything to be promoted to.

Dead end job, so called, 'trainers' are useless and require a trainer themselves.

Incredibly gossip driven/immature staff who do not show any signs of authority or control within the working environment.

Do not like university students - which is ironic - as they tend to be the smarter employees there.

Very racist.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend anybody to work there, unless they have a desire to become brain dead.
it was ok
factory operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin8 July 2018
i was picking up biscuits of the belts and i was also packing biscuits and putting them into boxes and putting them on pallets and it was ok until my back got hurt
Not as bad as people say
Packing Operative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, Moray20 June 2018
Not as bad of a place as people make out but can be quite stressful for new people because work can be really fast paced. Once you have gotten use to the work and get to know the other workers it gets a lot easier.
Productive working company
Charge Hand (Current Employee) –  Aberlour29 May 2018
Labelling tins and lids, safety procedures for the workplace, it can be hard due to working with foreign workers with no English but they are nice people pity there's a language barrier.
Pros
Service days for length of employment
Cons
Very hot working conditions no air conditioning
Awful!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Aberlour, Moray6 April 2018
Backbiting and bullying..and that's on a good day. Favouritism is rife too. Very high staff turnover and not hard to see why. Hard, heavy work in horrible temperatures. Really noisy and mind numbing.
Pros
Errm
Cons
Soul destroying