Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts

Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
It was fun getting to work with people from all over the world. Our usual shift consisted of setting up the room, setting up water stations, buffet stations, coffee stations and ensuring tables have correct cutlery and glassware in place. It was great as you got to work in different rooms so set up was always different. We would welcome guests, serve drinks, run food service in a professional way and just ensure guests are having a great time in such a beautiful building. The only downside to this job was the paying system. As this is owned by Hilton, the pay is the same as any Hilton hotel. We were always paid at the end of the NEXT working month (so any shifts i work in July, I will not be paid for them until the end of August). Also payslips were never issued, therefore I was not sure if i was being taxed and how much.
I found the Waldorf Astoria a very welcoming and enthusiastic work place with a lot to offer someone. I found it really easy to develop new skills, and everyone was friendly so if I was unsure of something the help was there if I needed it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working hours
Good overall benefits, but near impossible to reach standards.
Long hours for minimal pay. Hotel is great to work for but when it comes to the 2 restaurants I would stay away. Management in under a lot of pressure and that reflects on the working experience tremendously
Pros
Lovely sorroundings
Cons
Poor pay
This property is perfect if you are a robot. It is a hostile working environment and includes dealing with mentally handicapped snobs. You may get free champagne once in a while, which could be a selling point for some people, however, if you have any moral standards, and for your own mental sanity, do not apply here.
I've learned so many things.I would never have gone far away from this hotel unless my husband.He wanted to move on Glasgow.Excellent management,perfect teamwork,happy faces everywhere!
Pros
free rates
Cons
freezing changing rooms
I have worked for the company as a breakfast waiter. My direct manager was a professional and engaging person who always supported the team. However, the rest of the management members who I had contact with made you feel that you feel that you are less valuable at the firm.
Cons
Poor salary to the amount of job you are required to do.
good place to work in terms of patience with staff and as an orall team everyone is friends. issues with staff turnover and poor training at times. hours too long and breaks too short or non existent.
Pros
benefits for staff eg discoujnts and cheap rooms
Cons
management.
where some staff are great to get on with but others are just horrible to work with and management don't care if you have a complaint about someone you work with you are basically told they are like that deal with it.
Pros
free lunches if you have the time to go for lunch
Cons
being left to do things alone on a extremely busy day, also expected to finish everything and as i said management dont care
Not enough staff
Managers are completely unorganised so you will work not paid extra hours

Not a 5 stars hotel for quality

Posh people working there and look at you as you are less then them.

Very bad working ambient
Pros
Changing room
Cons
Hilton is a place where i found job Satisfaction and i have learned a lot about F&B . They made me as professional from a new joiner in a short time span.
Horrible experience. For someone who loves hospitality this is the worst place to work. Customers are left on the side and the priority is to save money at all times. Horrible culture within the hotel staff. You do not want to sit at the staff canteen and speak with the rest of the staff. Depressing!
Pros
Fantastic building
Cons
Horrible
where some of the staff are ok there are others there that arrogant and ignorant and the management are useless and do nothing to any complaints you have.

so I wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
free food if you can get it cause you are far to busy alone to do way too mych for one person
Cons
some staff and management
To be my first work in UK, it was a very good experience, they helping me with my english and support me to do my english classes.
The work is hard and sometime people don't appreciate much my effort.
My day would usually start at about 10am and if lucky around 8pm, although this barely ever happened as I was nearly every time asked to stay much later (sometimes until 4am!!!)
Management were awful, I would often get my roster for the week the night before that said week was to start.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Late shifts
Fast paced, ever changing environment. No chance of getting bored.
Great team camaraderie

Learned a lot, built long and lasting relationships

Just out grew the role so now looking for next challenge.
Pros
Free meals and great benefits
Cons
Great place to work, very hard and challenging workplace. Great culture to work in. Hardest part of the job is the hours and turnaround of staff.
Pros
Good team culture
Cons
Hours and high turnover
Job entails a lot of individual hard work. Not enough team work or opportunity to improve my English. Working in a 5 star hotel which is positive and enjoyable.
Pros
Physical work
Cons
Work and life balance not suitable.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Really enjoyed my experience there, gained some useful skills and confidence.
It offers additional courses and trainings, which is essential for those with lmited or no experience in the industry.
free lunches,free uniforms,excellent benefits,fun place to work,good experience,good colegues to work with,hardest part of the job is long hours
Cons
went to help the banqueting operation, in charge of ordering, production and organization. good experience in a beautiful locations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Location