Waitrose Employee Reviews

productive and customer care
Fresh Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Walton in thames24 January 2018
Checking on stock control an staff orientation to be active every time I started the day. set up meat and fish or designated these jobs to be done correctly to my approval. Check stock on a regular timing looking at the quality and dates of all stock.Serving customers including scaling and boning fish, then pricing and been polite and dignified to the customer. Ordering for the week and looking at discrepancy and profit also working with team to improve service and discuss any feedback and changes to be organised.
I started up the first delivery service up for Waitrose to enhance customer service to there homes. Taking orders from the customer, collecting the stock and placing it in bags then boxes safely before placing it in the van. Then I went out to deliver the stock to each of the houses and placed on a trolley, then carefully taken to the happy customer.
I really enjoyed customer care and working with people to bring a smile to there day.
Pros
Working to give a good service
Very organised
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okehampton, Devon23 January 2018
Lovely company to work for members of staff very reliable very friendly keen to train you up always avenues to go down with learning managers are very organised
Lovely Place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidmouth, Devon21 January 2018
Waitrose is a lovely place to work. Flexiable hours for you if you cant do certain hours. Brilliant discount if you have been working there longer than 3 months. Lovely management and always so helpful.
Pros
discount
Cons
nothing
Stay and reliable
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 January 2018
Was a really good job, steady and consistent. Could easily pick up extra hours if you needed more money and also, it was relevantly easy to get someone to cover your shift
Pros
partner in the business
customer focused
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge18 January 2018
It was a quite a long time ago that i worked there so i'm struggling to remember. From what i can remember is that it was hard work and i really didn't learn a lot as this was a means to better things. The management were fair and i received a glowing reference that helped me get into the Fire Service.
It was very much a hard work culture with little time for enjoyment on the job.
I enjoyed helping customers as i like to interact with people.
Pros
employee partnership scheme
Cons
Supportive workplace, enjoyed working for the Partnership
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire18 January 2018
Excellent employer with lots of career opportunities.

Very supportive employer e.g. work life balance

Always worked in a supportive team with supportive direct manager
Pros
Felt supported during employment
Cons
Senior management appeared remote
Bullying management
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire17 January 2018
Had a really awful time at waitrose, several years ago now. Management were vile. Hopefully it's improved since then, but I would never work for a supermarket ever again.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Stress, lack of training, poor salary
Great Experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire16 January 2018
Loved working at Waitrose all management and team members were friendly and helpful. always got credit for good work and looked after by management would work for Waitrose again if I had the opportunity.
Productive and fun to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford15 January 2018
Good team working skills gained
The ability to complete paperwork and count stock
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work under pressure
Fun workplace and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London15 January 2018
Its really fun to work here because the people who work there is really friendly . And if you're not sure on what you are doung they are hapoy to help you .
Pros
Free lunch, free breakfast
Cons
8 hours
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood14 January 2018
I am responsible for managing my own shifts in addition to working with other colleagues. My main duties including: caring for all customers, shelf stacking.
Waitrose
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frimley14 January 2018
The customers were snobby and just awful people, thinking my selves as superior, my team were although good some of them were just a drag to work with.
Pros
Cons
Stupid uniform, customers
Excellent service
Role - Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton Mearns12 January 2018
the job at waitrose was fun and I gained a lot of experience working in the cafe to meet new staff which introduced me how to do different things in the workplace environment.
Pros
good staff team members
Cons
lacking of staff not turning up on time
A brilliant place to work overall
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon12 January 2018
It was ok. I can't really think of 150 characters worth of stuff to say. In and out of work benefits and shop floor colleagues were good, wage was slightly above minimum. Management was patchy at best and had become particularly shabby near the end of my employment resulting in poor attitudes and lack of motivation from partners. Sadly very much an 'us vs. them' culture. From what I've gathered from visiting and speaking to partners working in different stores this seems like an isolated case, most other Waitrose stores are far better managed and happier places to work.
Pros
Myriad of discounts and benefits outside and inside of work, flexibility with hours, discounted cooked meals at break times.
Cons
Poor management, consistently over staffed at quiet times and under staffed at busy times.
Varied work,
Print Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire11 January 2018
Taking customer orders (Waitrose stores) over the phone and fax's
picking / packing and despatching signage to stores.
Guillotine work on the in house Waitrose magazine, Dark room work pasting up photographs for Magazine.
Reprographics on daily bulletin and despatching.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
N/a
Recommend!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire11 January 2018
Enjoyed my 3 years working with the partnership, lots of opportunities to further your training to different areas of the store and always overtime available!
Pros
Hours, pay, opportunities to further training
Cons
Management seemed a bit messy
Good company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay10 January 2018
Worked at waitrose for 11 years was a fun company to work for had great partners at the time whilst working there very friendly, good benefits within The company
Pros
Good breakfast
Cons
Management attitudes
Fun place to work, especially part time
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Epsom9 January 2018
Worked here part time during school. Exactly what you need for a part time job, especially the training courses that they give you as a member of staff.
Pros
Great staff training
Cons
Lack of responsibility given to staff
Fun and relaxing workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire9 January 2018
I enjoy my work in Watrose. I like interactions with the customers, conversations with them, and to be able to hear their opinions about everything. Also like the diversity of doing different tasks everythime.
Productive place
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Chorley8 January 2018
Very organised and clean place, cold aswell, good communication between the workers, good food, the only problem is, they need to provide more equipment for the workers
Pros
Clean place
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.