Waitrose Employee Reviews

Very productive, helpful and great enviroment
Business Analyst, Financial Performance (Current Employee) –  Bracknell17 October 2017
My day always has others asking for helpful way's to speed up process's and data analysis which always ends up with everyone ending up smiling.
I also ensure reconciliations of reporting and ledger no.s are correct for all to use ensuring all business partners have the correct information.
I always learn on the job to improve efficiency's where ever possible. The area I work in and in the workplace as a whole has a very respectable culture.
The hardest part of my job would be sometimes taking on too much to help others and not keeping a perfect eye on what can be done on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is taking information from others and negotiating a better and more efficient way of working to improve the way others can work using excel, VBA and Financial systems.
Pros
Great discount received and yearly Bonus.
Cons
Sometimes jobs are needing more time so some unsociable hours are needed to work.
Challenging environment but a good sense of teamwork
Assistant Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex16 October 2017
The days can be varied which is great and the people there are of a good quality and make it feel like a big family, especially when the going gets tough.
Fun social
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield16 October 2017
Great starter job, must be frank with managers if you wish to progress up the career ladder. Very loyal to partners and the whole 'partner' not employee system is extremely rewarding. Customer service skills and enthusiasm necessary
Great Place to work at
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 October 2017
You will learn a lot about processes and systems involved and get a real insight knowledge on how a supermarket is run. Everyone is friendly to work with.
Sense of teamwork
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge12 October 2017
Worked with a variety of people, serving customers on the till and preparing food and drinks for them. Maintained high standards of cleanliness at all times, both in the customer areas and the working environment. Was difficult to finish duties on time as other areas were short staffed so I was required to help out on other sections. Management was poor because there was no clear leadership with regards to what tasks needed to be done or an understanding of the roles of each worker.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill12 October 2017
Prestigious supermarket to work at with great benefits. Typical say includes serving customers, running the shop floor, assisting with help desk. Learn excellent time management and customer service skills. Skills learn dealing with the company are second to non.

Workplace culture is great but working hours became harder to work with and no flexibility.
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 October 2017
stock replenishment
liaising with customers
Creating visual merchandise
Reducing and disposing of products using handheld device and printer
admin related tasks
Great
Supermarket Assistant in Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk11 October 2017
A great place to work with great people! The overall management of the company is great and it's a place where you are appreciated and well looked after.
Pros
People
Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London11 October 2017
I loved working at waitrose it was a very nice place to work at since th other employees were very nice to me I only worked there for 2 weeks for work experience.
Pros
Discounts
Ever Changing and Challenging enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Crowborough, East Sussex10 October 2017
Days are around 8 hours but expect to stay much longer to finish tasks. Great to be able to offer, and get supported to offer outstanding customer service. Opportunities to progress are currently shut off, due to change management program, however, with time these routes will become available again.
Pros
Employee Discount, great offers on other products. Employee Bonus usually around 5% or more.
Cons
Low pay. Stressful environment. Days tend to be very similar.
Great Company and Great Management
Ambient Partner (Former Employee) –  Fleet8 October 2017
I loved working for Waitrose. The pay and other benefits were great. The managers were lovely and professional. I felt very content working for them and enjoyed every minute.
Brilliant workplace
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eldon Square8 October 2017
Always welcomed before each shift, always was talked to with respect and dignity. If I had any questions the manager was more than happy to answer them for me and point me in the right direction.
Safe and Happy Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham8 October 2017
During my time at Waitrose i have had near to no problems while working, it is a fun and happy place to work and i would recommend to anyone who isn't picky over their wages. The place is very secure and you can rest to know that you are safe within the workplace.
Pros
Active Day
Cons
Low Pay
Easy job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Cheshire7 October 2017
Unless you are in the smoking club you will not progress.
Management are still in nappies
Poor pay
How ever easy job if you dont won’t stress
Bonus is no longer worth stopping for
Excellent for part time work when studying
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester6 October 2017
This job was perfect for what i needed. Hours i worked fitted around my college life and meant that i could have an income whilst studying. The pay was good and there was progression and also bonuses. The harder you worked the more you received.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Distance
productive
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford5 October 2017
This was work experience so it is difficult to review the company. I enjoyed my time there i was able to learn how to work in different departments and it helped me to get experience in customer service.
Pros
experience
Cons
long days
care assistents
Internship (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight4 October 2017
I would like to be helping with people their problems because I would love to be able to help and look after them and feed them and wash tem and take good care of them
Pros
cooking
Cons
5 hours
A means to an end
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent2 October 2017
Waitrose was an interesting place to work and I met a lot of lovely people their. however, I feel the ethos of customer satisfaction often overshadowed the treatment of employees.
Service Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twickenham29 September 2017
Always strives for good customer service and looks after employees through a range of benefits and ongoing development. Frequent review and appraisals for feedback.
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Peterborough29 September 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable business to work for.

A good working environment with helpful management.

Learnt a lot about customer contact and how to deal with customers which has helped me later in life.
Pros
Subsidized staff canteen, annual bonus
Cons
Long hours, weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.