Waitrose Employee Reviews

Busy fast paced environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, Monmouthshire7 November 2017
Serving Customers, filling shelves, racking away the warehouse, goods receiving and inputting, price changes and point of sale. You need to be hard working and strong to deal with customer complaints.
Pros
Subsidised dining room, bonus, staff discount, discounts at lots of places
Cons
shift work
Well established supermarket
Part time Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2017
Waitrose was a quality place to work for where you can gain a lot of experiences and progress onto managements schemes if you want t make a career of it.
a friendly and welcoming workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire3 November 2017
I learned a lot about how businesses work and what happens behind the scenes. My manager looks after me well, always tries to accommodate to my personal needs. my typical day involves reducing products with short dates on them and answering calls to customers. the most enjoyable thing is interacting with other customers and partners and the hardest apart is the strict contract when it comes to number of hours.
Pros
treat partners very well
Cons
a lot of hours
Amazing place to learn and grow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London3 November 2017
You job experience at Waitrose will be like any other. Everything is done to keep you in the higher loop, meetings and update reviews keep you posted on anything changing and you learn to work in a modern diverse society. You get trained so that you understand everything you need to do and annual reviews give you opportunity to get better with their personal development plans.
Nothing special
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2017
You'll end up doing routine job every day, year after year. No promotions, despite all promises. Management isn't helpful, not saying about being professional.
Pros
Partner discount card
Cons
No promotions, hard to book holidays, no planning/strategy, arrogant management
good
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes31 October 2017
Good place of work,still working here at the moment,not enough hours to be honest but still brings some money,i want more ours and more work,overall very good
Great job if your face fits
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent30 October 2017
Enjoyed working here but no career development for older staff. The partnership is a great concept but the implication of modern waitrose is challenging as it dose not take into consideration partners disabilities or their strengths
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
No career developmrnt
Work Experience
Retail (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate28 October 2017
I put the salary 1* because it was work experienced.
I've learnt how to stock shelves and communicate with staff members.
The manager was always on time.
good
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monmouth27 October 2017
you have to work in all areas of the store, part of john lewis partnership which is great. subsidised lunches. feels like one big happy family, good partys
Overall a good company to work for
Distribution services co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 October 2017
I have enjoyed working for Waitrose and have worked in many roles in the shop and now for distribution. I also enjoy going to meetings where we as partners can be included in decisions.
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clerkenwell, Greater London26 October 2017
Good environment to work at. I learnt about rotation where you have to put the items with closest expiry dates at the front and the farer ones at the back.
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London26 October 2017
it was a good place to work as, i learnt different things everyday and boosted my confidence up. Also a typical day a work for me was asking customers if they needed help with anything and also stocking up the shelves.
good people, poor management
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holsworthy, Devon / Clerkernwell, London24 October 2017
This job was excellent whilst I was at college, but became un-enjoyable in the last couple of years with the introduction of "modern waitrose", which is essentially a condensing of employees with an expectation for the same amount of work to be done.
Throughout my four years in the company my pay was constantly incorrect, something which was often slow to be corrected.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
constant incorrect pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire22 October 2017
Taking care of customers needs from serving them at their service counter to completing orders within the cafe.
Everyone who I worked with were friendly which made work more enjoyable.
Used to be good...
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire20 October 2017
When I first started working at Waitrose I really loved my job, however, recently they have begun working under a new structure and things have changed. We are constantly understaffed which means we are pressured to work harder by doing three peoples jobs at once, shelves are empty and the managers aren't interested in supporting the staff downstairs they chose to stay upstairs away from all the chaos.
Funnily enough lots of partners have left because of this and I can imagine lots will be leaving in the upcoming months, we even have new staff that leave after only a few shifts.
I think its a shame because Waitrose was once known for being a great place to work and a good career path.
wonderful atmosphere at work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Chorley19 October 2017
well organized, open to new ideas and ways of working. Very friendly and familiar approach to managers and other co-workers. clean area and generally good teaching / training.
Pros
Lunch prices at work
Cons
low pay
A negative environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey18 October 2017
I worked in fresh for over for over 6 months. I made some good friends but management was unbelievably strict, they would give unrealistic deadlines to put out stock and constantly watch you hence creating a very negative and pressurising environment. I wanted to like this job but just couldn't.
Pros
Nice colleagues, great company benefits, staff discount, opportunity for overtime
Cons
Unfair management, unrealistic expectations, young workers are not treated well
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2017
waitrose treats their staff excellently and everybody communicates well with each other.
They are great with the food for staff. good pay and customers don't tend to be so bad.
Waitrose is great
Sales Assistant Waitrose (Former Employee) –  Hertford17 October 2017
Great place to work, good discount, great people in the job. hard to get promoted, never a dull day if you have the right attitude, good fun at xmas..
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
The worst management ever
Supermarket Assistant, part-time (Current Employee) –  Harpenden17 October 2017
Just a terrible place, they don't care about you, wrong pay... lack of management they only care about shelfs filled up, terrible team leaders, just a bad atmosphere...
Pros
I left
Cons
The worst job I ever had

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.