Waitrose Employee Reviews

Nice atmosphere
Operations Assistant Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London6 February 2018
Work has become harder for most partners but it still offers a good work atmosphere. Benefits include a yearly bonus and a discount card which also offers money off various other places
Busy Days
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford6 February 2018
Waitrose was a varied and fast paced place to work. I was trained to work on the tills, replenish stock and process orders. Only a 30 minute break for an 8 hour day,
Okay job
Replenishment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesham3 February 2018
The work is pretty easy and it is a rewarding company to work for as it gives you a lot of benefits. The wage is good for the work that you do and there are possibility to move up in the company.
Pros
3 nights a week off
Cons
working nights
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Finchley Road3 February 2018
I only did work experience in Waitrose, however the experience was great as I was able to work in different section of the retail but the check out point because I was too young. Overall, working in Waitrose enhanced my confidents and allowed me to interact with customers. The hardest part about working in Waitrose was getting to know the shop floor because when the customers wanted to know where a product was I was struggling to direct them therefore I had to get a colleague.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not working on the check out point
Good place to work and look after their staff
Supervisor Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Biggin Hill Kent2 February 2018
Supervisor on customer services, looking after checkouts and overseeing the daily running of tills and staff.
Changes within the company over the years has caused unrest with the staff and can make it difficult to do your job easily on a day to day basis.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Morale and long hours
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Putney2 February 2018
Decent company but better work out there
Good for the bonus every march and time and a half on sundays and bank holidays but they are stopping this for new workers
Pros
Bonus every year
Cons
Rude people
very good
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleet1 February 2018
well paid, good benefits and fun work ethic. met really great people working here, the management was ok and the best part of the day was face up. had many responsibilities so work was always interesting.
Pros
partner benifits
Cons
have to pay for hot drinks on break
productive and fun work place
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Roehampton, Greater London31 January 2018
typical day serve customers, work stock, reductions,
I learned that the company is a great place to work at,
easy going staff culture
Hardest part about the job is the fast pace busy periods
Great experience as a Seasonal Supermarket Assistant
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester30 January 2018
This was my first job at 16years of age- a truly amazing experience.
Staff including management and colleagues very supportive.
I quickly and confidently developed the skills necessary from replenishing stock efficiently to working on the tills handling both cash and payment cards.
My work hours suited my school hours and I got the opportunity to do extra suitable hours over the Christmas and New Year periods which allowed me to earn extra money.

Would love to return for further holiday or seasonal work.
Pros
Suitable hours and excellent rate of pay
Cons
No Faults
Good workplace
Night Team Member (Current Employee) –  Crewkerne, Somerset30 January 2018
fun work place although would be nicer if the managers paid more attention to night staff. Working nights is alright because the team are left to their own devices but often get left to pick up the slack by day staff.
Productive yet Limited
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London30 January 2018
Working for the company has provided me with new skills and helped me gain insight into the operations behind retail. I was able to adapt to a new environment and gained healthy relations with colleagues and customers. However overtime I felt limited due to the lack of new challenges my job offers and look towards a new job which can provide me with new obstacles on a day to day basis.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
Poor Managment
well payed and friendly work place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent30 January 2018
Waitrose is a great place to work with great befits for working with the john Lewis company. the people are friendly and management are easy to communicate with.

however it is quite difficult to work your way up in the company
Pros
great discount
Cons
hard to move to higher positions
Enjoyable friendly workplace
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire28 January 2018
The typical day would be setting up the delicatessen counter and then work through cleaning and being friendly while serving customers. I was able to easily have conversations while working with other partners who were always very kind even if you make some mistakes they will always kindly show you how to fix it and remind you how to do it correctly. There were also a great amount of benefits from discounts in Waitrose and John Lewis to discounts on cinema tickets and holiday packages.
Pros
Many benefits and cheap lunches
Cons
Issues can be caused from lack of staff on occasion
Ambiente de trabajo profesional con oportunidades para aprender
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth27 January 2018
Trabajar con Waitrose os dará la oportunidad de aprender habilidades útiles como la atención al cliente y el manejo de stock. Waitrose tiene una reputación de servicio al cliente excelente, y es gratificante tener la posibilidad de ayudar a los clientes y ofrecerles una experiencia agradable en la tienda. La parte más difícil del trabajo es que tenemos que aprender papeles complejos muy rápidamente para ayudar a los colegas. Lo que más me gustó del trabajo fue la oportunidad de conocerme a nuevas personas en un ambiente amable.
hospitality staff
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich26 January 2018
great people to work with, chaos to work in
hospitality staff work HARD and bad hours
nice to have the opportunity to work within all different areas within the store
Pros
25% john lewis discount
Cons
unorganised management
Joyfull
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hythe26 January 2018
Waitrose was a great place to work every one is nice and friendly you are well trained and made like one of the team.All the staff are happy and helpful .
Pros
Get great live skills and respect.
Cons
Diffient shifts .Morning and afternoons.
Horrible place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire24 January 2018
Theft high amongst staff and management are awful. Place is dirty and the shelf's never get stacked right. Health and safety risks with staff on nights high on drugs
Pros
Cons
Staff
waitrose
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire24 January 2018
A typical day at work would be fairly easy and not challenging which got boring. Most people were friendly, I learned a lot of customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The money is fairly good but being on the tills all day was very boring, good for a part time job.
Convenience Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff24 January 2018
Very laid back. Good management. But also got the job done and professional. I made lots of friends as it was a small store and enjoyed my time there.
productive and customer care
Fresh Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Walton in thames24 January 2018
Checking on stock control an staff orientation to be active every time I started the day. set up meat and fish or designated these jobs to be done correctly to my approval. Check stock on a regular timing looking at the quality and dates of all stock.Serving customers including scaling and boning fish, then pricing and been polite and dignified to the customer. Ordering for the week and looking at discrepancy and profit also working with team to improve service and discuss any feedback and changes to be organised.
I started up the first delivery service up for Waitrose to enhance customer service to there homes. Taking orders from the customer, collecting the stock and placing it in bags then boxes safely before placing it in the van. Then I went out to deliver the stock to each of the houses and placed on a trolley, then carefully taken to the happy customer.
I really enjoyed customer care and working with people to bring a smile to there day.
Pros
Working to give a good service
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.