Waitrose Employee Reviews

productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire7 June 2018
great. this was an alright job to work with. gave me the experinece i needed to work in other sectors that i belive well suited me. learnt alot of skills.
empresa muito organizada
repositora (Former Employee) –  Bath5 June 2018
bom ambiente de trabalho e colegas simpáticos e prontos a ajudar sempre.
fun work place
picking and packing (Former Employee) –  Bracknell5 June 2018
day to day wok was brilliant all other co-workers made us feel welcome and friendly.

I learned how to work in a team and at a fast pace for overall work..
the hardest part of the job was making sure we had the correct products going out on the shelfs also in the warehouse.

the best part of the job was working for such a great company and the people we worked for.
Pros
short distant from my house
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands1 June 2018
I loved working at Waitrose. The staff were always so friendly and made me instantly feel part of the family. They organised loads of social events outside of work that help staff get to know each other and become a really close knit work environment. Although working on the till isn't the most thrilling job, the staff and company management systems always made every shift fun and positive. I would recommend anyone to apply for a job here.
Pros
social events
Cons
busy shifts
Productive, hardworking and interactive place
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsbury1 June 2018
Waitrose is a supermarket that ensures excellent customer service and it cares about its partners. Its a friendly, cohesive workplace and environment.
Pros
Discount
brilliant work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rickmansworth31 May 2018
I did an work experience here and i have learnt so many things, the staff there were great and very supportive. at first i was introduced by the staff they were very welcoming and I learnt new things everyday. I would love to come back if i had a chance to.
Pros
learn how the retail buissness work
Cons
have to be very on the dot with time
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensburgh25 May 2018
Working for the JLP was a great experience. Staff in are treated very well and there are a number of benefits. Career progression is common and encouraged and annual appraisals allow for the 'pay for performance' model of remuneration is very effective.
Pros
Great bonus and benefits scheme, real Partnership attitude, great working environment
Cons
Changes in management common, supermarket assistant roles are now broader and encompass working across multiple sections
depends on which branch you work at.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire22 May 2018
Depends on where you work. Some places are run by people who favour others. Therefore you wont get anywhere no matter what you do! It's just day to day job to pay the bills. The benefits you get from JLP are great but that's it. The bonuses are getting smaller with each passing year. Half the staff don't know what they doing which makes it harder for others.
Pros
discount
Cons
no progression
enjoyable
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensburgh22 May 2018
could have a laugh and enjoy it as long as you got your job done. Customers would always be keen on chatting and management are easy to approach if you encounter any challenges along the way.
Not to bad good for a first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London22 May 2018
Worked at two loactions, first location was very good, really nice atmospehere and lots of variety. Moving to the second loaction, it is not at good, no work variety at all leading to long and boring shifts. Overall management is good as long as you are working hard.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
limited variety
Great staff and poor management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire22 May 2018
Waitrose is a good retail company great staff but the management is poor wouldn’t recommend working there. Salary is standard. Low skilled job. The environment is horrible to work in.
Pros
Flexible breaks. Free lunch
Cons
Work hours
good workplace. good benefits from company dividends
night stock replenishment (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Nice team. Rather intense night shift. Could not adjust to the night shift. Asked to leave.

Good and polite introduction to the Waitrose branch.
Typical day at work would be stocking shelves and maintaining high standard.
The management were helpful in understanding the role.
The workplace culture was however not very approachable.

The hardest part of the job was working night shift and working intense shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and meeting new people.
Different work place then it used to be
Team Leader / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Romsey20 May 2018
Good company with good benefits, the pay is not so great, so alot of long hour and tiring days, customers are a mixed bag so be wary of them. A god place to work
Hard working and Inclusive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkhamsted20 May 2018
A typical day would require a high level of customer service, through micro managing each situation as it happened as to provide the best customer service to each individual, as no two situations where the same. The culture within the business was welcoming and supportive, as all employees would work harmoniously to ensure a productive work place. However, some of the management approaches were autocratic which lead to some conflict within the workplace between individuals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the 'Difficult' customers and when working as a supervisor in busy periods, as the store could become chaotic. The most enjoyable part was the connectivity between me and customers, when providing customer services.
Pros
John lewis partnership card, customer communication, empowerment, employee relations
Cons
Long hours, management structure
Great people, gained lots of different skills.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Locks Heath, Hampshire18 May 2018
i start work at 5am so i am use to early starts,i have learnt how to do others sections such as tills, delivery and operations, each day i learn more.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Time to get jobs done.
Bad management
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Leyland St. Ambrose17 May 2018
Avoid at all costs. If you like management to bully and harass you then this is the job for you otherwise stay well clear of the place.
If you're not in the clique then you have no chance
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Mangement
Lack of loyalty and compassion
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Holsworthy, Devon16 May 2018
I worked at Waitrose for nearly two years. I requested two days holiday to care for my mother (age 91), I was refused leave. I was forced to hand in my notice in order to look after my mother who sadly passed away during the time I requested as holiday. I would not recommend working for Waitrose Holsworthy to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Badly organised, treated as a resource not a person
Horrible
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lymington14 May 2018
Terrible place to work, not enough people to get the job done. managers expect more and more out of you each day. No one has accountability for doing a bad job. On the plus side most the people working there are nice.
Pros
Nice co-workers
hard work
Night staff shelf packer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 May 2018
i worked night shifts here i also worked every weekend nights so i guess i left here to get a social life again. the nightshift pattern was not great for my body too
Great standard of training.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury10 May 2018
Great standard of customer service training. Great range of benefits too. However, the work is very monotonous and not particularly challenging and can be hard to balance a social life outside the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.