Waitrose Employee Reviews

Good first job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire5 March 2018
great if you are looking for your first job you can work your way up pretty quickly. Experience with the company can vary depending on what store you are in but the discount is really good.
good job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 March 2018
I was in general a good place to work except a Saturday shift where there was never enough people on shift to complete in time without rushing to finish
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shift hours
Replenishment Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2018
Your experience working at Waitrose will mainly boil down to how competent and strict your manager is. I believe I mostly got lucky as I was able mostly at my own pace and could take my breaks when I wanted. This will likely not be the case for too many people.

The job itself is ok, although it's extremely easy to hit a wall for development after 6 months and advancement is on your own initiative. Running for things like forum rep and being a hardworker will put you in good stead, although I personally know employees who have worked for 5,10,15 years in the same position and haven't been allowed to advance.

Worst thing about the job are rude customers and the insanely monotonous work you do for 38 hours a week. "Facing-up" shelves for 7-14 hours a week, stacking shelves and occasionally being able to help out a customer.

Listening to music/radio/podcasts before the store opens was the only saving grace from the work.
Always busy - in a good way.
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monmouth1 March 2018
Most of my time I spent collecting and organising trolleys in the car park and occasionally worked on the checkouts. You are supplied with ample breaks and are well supported by other members of staff.
Discriminatory company that lifts their noses up but are nothing!
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mill Hill1 March 2018
Management all need to be either retrained or sacked, bunch of headless chickens that haven't got a clue about what they are doing.
Have never worked for a company where I ended up feeling so bad.
Pros
Met nice colleagues whom im still in touch with
Cons
Management are clueless, liars, discriminatory and rascist!
Good benefits but poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes27 February 2018
Friendly place to work however manager was inconsiderate and expected me to work a lot more hours than I was contracted and able to. Benefits such as the bonus were nice
Great company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London26 February 2018
Really great company to work for, very supportive of young students balancing university and work at the same time. Very flexible with regards to hours and holidays.
Perfect.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wollaton Nottingham26 February 2018
We get noticed for the jobs we do. For example my pay falls under very good therefor my pay rate matches my level of experience I have achieved. Very flexible when wanting time off or swapping days.
Pros
bonus scheme, holidays, salary
Gteat place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon25 February 2018
Amazing work colleagues support and chance to advance if desired great atmosphere and job satisfaction great social side to the job with partner days out and Christmas party
Pros
Great company bonus
Cons
Early starts
Friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 February 2018
Good place to work at, friendly and multiculcural atmosphere. All kinds of age and engaged colleagues.
If you are an excellent team player looking for a fun place to work then look no further.
Pros
Discounted goods
Cons
Weekend work
Great people !
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coulsdon22 February 2018
I am very glad to have worked at waitrose, i made some great friends. The lower standing members of staff can sometimes be over looked but thew discount is great and the bonus is always welcome.
Great Supermarket
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cirencester22 February 2018
Stock rotation & advising customers.
Gained vast knowledge of Produce.
Friendly Management.
Family Culture.
Hardest Part was to work long hours around the festive periods.
Productive and friendly
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe20 February 2018
There was always something to do at Waitrose. Met lovely people (workers and customers). Very pleasant place to work for people of all ages and skills.
Pros
Member discount, bonus
good job
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT/ SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Paddock Wood19 February 2018
was great job and great people just manager unreal
great benefits just promote wrong people
long hours and lots for the money.
managers have there ones they love.
not enough thanks in the company
benefits
Cons
hours and money
very friendly workplace
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Dorset17 February 2018
Really enjoyed working as everybody was nice and friendly which made it a nice atmosphere to work in and always had work to do so i always knew what i was doing.
Pros
Salary
Cons
far to commute
Fun Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex15 February 2018
Typical day would be dealing with customer requests, fitting the customers needs if wanting to find a product.

Management I would say is unorganised within the work place.
Excellent place for work
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent14 February 2018
I had my first working experience in the Maidstone branch as a Christmas temp. Although I was nervous at first, everybody did their best to make me feel comfortable. The job had to do almost with everything from the tills to shelf replenish. There were available overtimes, which for me is very good since you can work more hours. The colleagues from the management team to simple workers are friendly and helpful. Overall a very good experience. I feel sorry it kept so little. I wish i can work again for this company.
Pros
The working culture is excellent.
Cons
Very professional company to work for.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City12 February 2018
Kept me happy and fully trained for my duration of the time spent working for their business. Also had a lot benefits that their staff could benefit from.
Productive and fun working environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Ponteland, Northumberland9 February 2018
The work itself is dull, but the camaraderie is great and the perks of working at Waitrose are manifold. Cheap food, discount across the partnership and frequent training would count a spositives of the job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Boring work
fast paced
Partner (Former Employee) –  Llanfoist Fawr ED8 February 2018
busy from start to finish everyday fresh food good place to be working with staff around you always willing to help ane another seeing different customers everyday...
Pros
bonus scheme
Cons
management