Waitrose Employee Reviews

It was ok
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, Oxfordshire1 December 2017
This job I found ok. This was because I would always feel overworked because we were always short staffed. Also everybody else past responsibility to the next person.
Enjoyed working here
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent29 November 2017
Really enjoyed working here left because of personal reasons

My duties was serving customers,handling money,cleaning equipment down, making specialty coffee,s
Pleasant
Supermarket assistant (part time) (Former Employee) –  Towcester29 November 2017
During my time at waitrose I found the team I worked with an absolute joy. Added to this was the benefit that I was a partner of the business, i.e. we owned a share of the business therefor we got a cut of the profit at the end of the year. The pay was also reasonable.
Prtner (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, Derbyshire28 November 2017
Good place to work, friendly team environment. Typical day would be replenishing stock, handling deliveries to store, offering excellent customer service to customers.
productive and supportive place to work
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ely, Cambridgeshire23 November 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at waitrose, working as a team, I learnt fantastic customer service skills and was always encouraged to try new jobs within the branch. I found management approachable and engaging with a presence on the shop floor at some point in the day.
Pros
great benifits.
Cons
short staffed
Supportive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Waitrose and found it a wonderful part time job throughout university. I particularly found the salary and benefits (enhanced by being a partner) thrilling - the bonus each year was quite a celebration!
Waitrose
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Banstead, Surrey21 November 2017
Waitrose was a great experience as i learnt to work individually as well as in a team, they should be how to be a team leader where i took charge and also followed instructions
Pros
Discount card
Cons
nothing
Excellent work place.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire21 November 2017
When I worked for Waitrose I was part of the hospitality team. I was expected to deliver high service and reflect the waitrose views while working in the cafe.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester Park21 November 2017
A typical day started with creating a rota for the day. Then working deliveries, taking phone calls, reducing stock that was going out of date and covering the checkouts.

This was a hard job in the sense that you never knew how many cages were coming in and you had to keep the shelves stocked on a daily basis. You were on you feet for the whole shift.

During my time the management encouraged training and also assisted when short staffed in putting stock out.

It was a great environment to work in and everybody got on well together.
Pros
Local to home and the same benefits as John Lewis
Cons
Working weekends and late nights.
Treated like a slave
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haywards Heath, West Sussex19 November 2017
Waitrose hark on about how well they treat their staff, and how great the benefits are, reality is that the new "modern" Waitrose, is soul destroying and stressful. I was stretched to 3 areas in the store on a minimum wage, and was refused a payrise after making minor mistakes in the first 3 months, one of them being absent because of stress after being bullied.

I was constantly trying to talk to useless managers, who clearly couldn't do their job properly, fustrating to say the least. I was rarely acknowledged for the job I could do, and always had the finger pointed at when I messed up. Our store is currently severely under staffed for the Christmas period, with people leaving left, right and centre. Good luck to them...
Pros
You can leave
Cons
Inexperienced Managers, stupid hours, bad pay
A very friendly and welcoming company.
Team Manager, Personnel (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe17 November 2017
Waitrose allows you to develop a long career in a highly supportive environment. It is a very fast paced and exciting business. There is a lot of focus on how you perform
Great place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry17 November 2017
It was a great place to work, very clean and tidey.
Staff were helpful and friendly. Happy to help and keep your safe.
evrything was in it place. prices were marked very clear
Pros
Food all day
Social and stimulating place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hersham16 November 2017
Different daily challenges to conquer, always keeps you on you toes. Fun and challenging work environment. Problem with being a large store is the channels of communication. Could do with some improvement.
Pros
reduced lunches
Cons
poor communication
Fun Workplace
Supervisor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
Amazing place to wotk while in education as they are very flexible and push you for your studies aswel. The managment really take care of you and working conditions are first class.
Pros
Amazing Lunches
Cons
Can get really busy
Productive and Friendly
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire14 November 2017
I worked at the deli counter, and the team were really friendly. You hardly find yourself at a loss for things to do. I loved working on the deli counter.
Not to be considered long term
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxted, Surrey14 November 2017
Under staffed and over worked. You've probably heard that before.
Hours are used sparingly, so management require you to fulfill more than your standard job role.
Unsocial hours, either early mornings, late nights, weekends, bank holidays.
The annual bonus is just that, a bonus. You could probably earn your 'bonus' at a different place of work through basic pay, some years you could get £1000, but divided across the year is under £90 a month, see where I'm going with this?
Job security is good, however, advancement is not. If you suck up to the right people, you'll be recognised. If you keep your head down and do a good job, no one bats an eye.
Ideal for students or after something part time, maybe as a parent to work around school hours.
Pros
Bonus, subsidised dining room, discount
Cons
Unsocial hours, low advancement
Staff are friendly
Retail Partner (Current Employee) –  South Wales13 November 2017
Expected to work above and beyond your salaried hours.Hours can be long with late nights and early starts.Many partners don’t get the 11 hour breaks required.Management look after themselves and are only interested in making money.
Company is bringing in management that have no retail experience so train them to do the job the Waitrose way.Company says it is going forward but new Waitrose ways have been around for many years within other retailers
Pros
Benefits whilst they last
Cons
Expected to work Too many unpaid hours
Good Working Enviorment
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell13 November 2017
I left Waitrose to start a new career at BMW as I had previously worked for them in the past

Left on good terms and Waitrose is a fine company to work for
Pros
Good Place to work
Cons
A fantastic place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands9 November 2017
Waitrose is going through a revolutionary structure change. All Partners are expected to be multi talented and work in all departments. Some Partners are not very cooperative because they are set in their ways and will not change. Many are used to just sitting at a checkout for the entirety of their shift and are too idle to get up off their backsides to do some proper work. They will use any excuse to avoid certain areas. Some even feigned diarrhoea and food poisoning in order to avoid working on the meat and fish counter. The reverse situation also applies. Many Partners think it is beneath them to work on the checkouts, and some of them have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the shop floor to help on checkouts at busy times. Management is too lax. Partners routinely turn up five minutes late for their shift and think they have done nothing wrong, but they moan if they finish five minutes late. Modern Waitrose is doomed to fail unless they weed out the lazy Partners. I love working for Waitrose, and I love my customers. I try to be a role model Partner in the hope that some of my conscientious work ethic rubs off on other Partners.
Pros
Excellent discounts, I am trusted by management to do my job unsupervised
Cons
Too many lazy Partners who wil not work hard
Shelf Stocker (Current Employee) –  Morningside7 November 2017
Good colleagues to work with, busy shop, have to get job nearer home as fiancé going blind,learned all about shelf replenishment management great support
Pros
Plenty tasting of new foods
Cons
Long hours 2100-0745

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.