Waitrose Pay & Benefits reviews

Good reputation however poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset12 April 2018
My job at waitrose started off very positively. Pay was good and my colleagues were lovely. However as time went on I noticed there was a lot of pettiness among my colleagues who would snitch on others to managers for silly reasons. I also found management to be very poor at their jobs and there were particularly issues with privacy. The job day to day was enjoyable, but opportunities to progress were not given based on experience but based on how much the management liked you.
Pros
Discount (in store and other businesses), Salary, Holiday
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham10 April 2018
Productive days where you never find yourself not busy. Management were always great with helping with training and providing new tasks as well as assisting with tasks that may have been difficult for one person. Fun group of people to work with despite remaining professional for the customers.
Pros
Very good starting salary, chilled out vibes and friendly environment.
Cons
Small-team based, repetitive
Waitrose.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf9 April 2018
A typical day at work would usually be quite straight forward. I'd come in and be told what section/sections I'll be working on for the shift and told how much there is to be done. I will usually discuss/negotiate how long it will take and try to meet the target.
Most of the time I would usually be working the deliveries, filling the shelves and making the section look presentable for the following morning. Some shifts may be spent tidying the warehouse making sure it is not messy and cluttered, so it is more easy and accessible to find stock and manoeuvre cages around the warehouse.

From working here I have learnt how to work as a team trying different methods of completing certain jobs more quickly and efficiently, finding the easiest and best ways to complete tasks day to day. I've also learnt how to do so independently.

The management has fairly been on point with any enquires I may have, such as help with booking certain holidays. Usually also quite helpful n considerate if they see you struggling.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work as a team as you usually feel a slight bit more motivated to get the tasks done, as working together helps to bring you together n build your relationship with work colleagues.

The hardest part is usually when your delivery is bigger than usually and you have to find the quickest method to get the job completed.
Pros
Many partnership benefits.
Fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Balham5 April 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits and hours that work around you. I worked part-time as a student and they were very accommodating.The very homely atmosphere made me feel like I had a home away from home.
Impressive and functional
Supermarket Assistant / PartnerVoice Rep (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire30 March 2018
It was a big step working for Waitrose. Its amazing to see how everything happens, it works so well and operates so good.
The salary is good, and the bonus at the end of the year is jackpot!
Good fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire25 March 2018
Work at 20.30 finish at 7 in the morning
Work cages on shop floor fresh ,frozen & ambient
Very demanding and very busy store
Using the bailer setting up and resetting
Pros
Cheaper dinners and food shop
Cons
Long hours and nights
Best place I have worked in my 28 years
Customer Service/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf16 March 2018
Partnership is he best way to describe this business, their customers are a priority but their staff mean as much to them as their customers do.
The flexibility is amazing for all types of lifestyles and classes
the family culture in the business makes me wonder why I ever left, I do not think I will find that anywhere else again.
It is a never ending growing business that you can grow in and develop new skills and even embark on a great job opportunity after your studies for those soon to be graduates.
Lastly, it is fun and the benefits are to die for.
Reliable and good company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Henley on Thames12 March 2018
good salary, you get paid in accordance to how hard / little you work. the company benefits are far from little, with an amazing range of support, high street discounts and holiday savings. If you can bare stacking shelves with stress head bosses moaning every now and then, its worth the investment. Pension is also good
Pros
great company benefits, nice team environment
Cons
sometimes unsociable hours, repetitive work
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston11 March 2018
fun workplace, friendly staff and good pay.
some management good but not the best at there job.
a nice place to work if youre a student or an older generation looking for some extra money.
Pros
bonus
Cons
bad managment
Restructuring of retail processes damaging brand
Manager (Former Employee) –  South10 March 2018
Due to restructuring across the board and saving money the company has become a laughing stock internally. Instead of saving money in other areas of the business such as point of sale, marketing, discontinued lines,pointless advertising, campaigns not lasting and the list goes on. Standards have slipped incredibly and food and partner safety is being compromised on a daily basis. Board members arguing and top board members leaving which never happened previously. As soon as the company realise they are no longer an upmarket supermarket the better.
Pros
Benefits are now being offered in other companies similar
Cons
Working extra not getting paid
Night stocker- temp (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire6 March 2018
Good place to work excellence is required and in return is given - opportunity to progress if standards are met - long hours and if travelling by public transport this adds up to a long day and evening - this aside the people I met whilst employed here were friendly and helpful during my short term/temporary employment.
Good first job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire5 March 2018
great if you are looking for your first job you can work your way up pretty quickly. Experience with the company can vary depending on what store you are in but the discount is really good.
Good benefits but poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes27 February 2018
Friendly place to work however manager was inconsiderate and expected me to work a lot more hours than I was contracted and able to. Benefits such as the bonus were nice
Perfect.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wollaton Nottingham26 February 2018
We get noticed for the jobs we do. For example my pay falls under very good therefor my pay rate matches my level of experience I have achieved. Very flexible when wanting time off or swapping days.
Pros
bonus scheme, holidays, salary
good job
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT/ SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Paddock Wood19 February 2018
was great job and great people just manager unreal
great benefits just promote wrong people
long hours and lots for the money.
managers have there ones they love.
not enough thanks in the company
benefits
Cons
hours and money
very friendly workplace
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Dorset17 February 2018
Really enjoyed working as everybody was nice and friendly which made it a nice atmosphere to work in and always had work to do so i always knew what i was doing.
Pros
Salary
Cons
far to commute
Very professional company to work for.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City12 February 2018
Kept me happy and fully trained for my duration of the time spent working for their business. Also had a lot benefits that their staff could benefit from.
Productive and fun working environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Ponteland, Northumberland9 February 2018
The work itself is dull, but the camaraderie is great and the perks of working at Waitrose are manifold. Cheap food, discount across the partnership and frequent training would count a spositives of the job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Boring work
Enjoyable
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uttoxeter, Staffordshire7 February 2018
Regualr customers, good relationship between management and staff, fair pay, flexible hours and holiday as well as breaks. Fast paced, diverse work force.
Nice atmosphere
Operations Assistant Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London6 February 2018
Work has become harder for most partners but it still offers a good work atmosphere. Benefits include a yearly bonus and a discount card which also offers money off various other places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.