Waitrose Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood14 January 2018
I am responsible for managing my own shifts in addition to working with other colleagues. My main duties including: caring for all customers, shelf stacking.
Good Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan2 January 2018
friendly staff, good pay and benefits. Good work hours due to store opening times. Uniform is provided but strict in regards to make up and hair in work
Cons
No parking provided
Supportive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Waitrose and found it a wonderful part time job throughout university. I particularly found the salary and benefits (enhanced by being a partner) thrilling - the bonus each year was quite a celebration!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester Park21 November 2017
A typical day started with creating a rota for the day. Then working deliveries, taking phone calls, reducing stock that was going out of date and covering the checkouts.

This was a hard job in the sense that you never knew how many cages were coming in and you had to keep the shelves stocked on a daily basis. You were on you feet for the whole shift.

During my time the management encouraged training and also assisted when short staffed in putting stock out.

It was a great environment to work in and everybody got on well together.
Pros
Local to home and the same benefits as John Lewis
Cons
Working weekends and late nights.
Social and stimulating place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hersham16 November 2017
Different daily challenges to conquer, always keeps you on you toes. Fun and challenging work environment. Problem with being a large store is the channels of communication. Could do with some improvement.
Pros
reduced lunches
Cons
poor communication
a friendly and welcoming workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire3 November 2017
I learned a lot about how businesses work and what happens behind the scenes. My manager looks after me well, always tries to accommodate to my personal needs. my typical day involves reducing products with short dates on them and answering calls to customers. the most enjoyable thing is interacting with other customers and partners and the hardest apart is the strict contract when it comes to number of hours.
Pros
treat partners very well
Cons
a lot of hours
Nothing special
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2017
You'll end up doing routine job every day, year after year. No promotions, despite all promises. Management isn't helpful, not saying about being professional.
Pros
Partner discount card
Cons
No promotions, hard to book holidays, no planning/strategy, arrogant management
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London26 October 2017
it was a good place to work as, i learnt different things everyday and boosted my confidence up. Also a typical day a work for me was asking customers if they needed help with anything and also stocking up the shelves.
Used to be good...
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire20 October 2017
When I first started working at Waitrose I really loved my job, however, recently they have begun working under a new structure and things have changed. We are constantly understaffed which means we are pressured to work harder by doing three peoples jobs at once, shelves are empty and the managers aren't interested in supporting the staff downstairs they chose to stay upstairs away from all the chaos.
Funnily enough lots of partners have left because of this and I can imagine lots will be leaving in the upcoming months, we even have new staff that leave after only a few shifts.
I think its a shame because Waitrose was once known for being a great place to work and a good career path.
Waitrose is great
Sales Assistant Waitrose (Former Employee) –  Hertford17 October 2017
Great place to work, good discount, great people in the job. hard to get promoted, never a dull day if you have the right attitude, good fun at xmas..
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill12 October 2017
Prestigious supermarket to work at with great benefits. Typical say includes serving customers, running the shop floor, assisting with help desk. Learn excellent time management and customer service skills. Skills learn dealing with the company are second to non.

Workplace culture is great but working hours became harder to work with and no flexibility.
Safe and Happy Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham8 October 2017
During my time at Waitrose i have had near to no problems while working, it is a fun and happy place to work and i would recommend to anyone who isn't picky over their wages. The place is very secure and you can rest to know that you are safe within the workplace.
Pros
Active Day
Cons
Low Pay
Excellent for part time work when studying
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester6 October 2017
This job was perfect for what i needed. Hours i worked fitted around my college life and meant that i could have an income whilst studying. The pay was good and there was progression and also bonuses. The harder you worked the more you received.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Distance
productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caversham, Berkshire11 September 2017
all employees easy to work with and the store has a great work environment. contracts are flexible if you need them to be,for example if you have an appointment during one of your shifts, your manager will happily change the shift slightly to revolve around important dates and events
It use to be good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  checkouts20 August 2017
Working for waitrose use to be good, however now nobody ever knows what they are doing there is no time for training anyone. People are working stupidly long hours because there is no staff and most people are looking for new jobs including me. the people at the top have destroyed what waitrose was.
Pros
partnership card plus the other benefits if you can afford them.
Cons
long hours, no idea what you will be working or where, changing your hours short notice.
Productive, fun and diverse.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire16 August 2017
Working at Waitrose was thoroughly enjoyable and was a brilliant place to work, other members of staff were very welcoming and kind y bosses were amazing and very helpful. I am very grateful for the skills which I gained whilst working there.
Organised and well cared for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wantage, Oxfordshire28 July 2017
When working for Waitrose I felt strongly valued and respected as a Partner within the company, this was emphasised by things such as the anual bonus, and partnerchoice which offered discounts on a wide variety of things. I always knew when I was working, and if I was working alongside someone or individually so I could prioritise work to achieve the best and most efficient outcome.
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Petts Wood, Greater London21 July 2017
A good variety of work, considering I worked in one of the shell garages. Experience gained on the till, taking the deliveries, stacking shelves and customer service.
Standard
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hitchin21 July 2017
Didn't spend a long enough time there to actually give an appropriate review. Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall a good job to start with for new job seekers.
Pros
Delicious hot lunch
Cons
Repetitive
Productive and a fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Finchley, Greater London17 July 2017
I learnt may new skills being a partner at waitrose having been trained on multiple sections. This meant that shifts never got too boring as different days I would be carrying out different tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.