Waitrose Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Waitrose.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf9 April 2018
A typical day at work would usually be quite straight forward. I'd come in and be told what section/sections I'll be working on for the shift and told how much there is to be done. I will usually discuss/negotiate how long it will take and try to meet the target.
Most of the time I would usually be working the deliveries, filling the shelves and making the section look presentable for the following morning. Some shifts may be spent tidying the warehouse making sure it is not messy and cluttered, so it is more easy and accessible to find stock and manoeuvre cages around the warehouse.

From working here I have learnt how to work as a team trying different methods of completing certain jobs more quickly and efficiently, finding the easiest and best ways to complete tasks day to day. I've also learnt how to do so independently.

The management has fairly been on point with any enquires I may have, such as help with booking certain holidays. Usually also quite helpful n considerate if they see you struggling.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work as a team as you usually feel a slight bit more motivated to get the tasks done, as working together helps to bring you together n build your relationship with work colleagues.

The hardest part is usually when your delivery is bigger than usually and you have to find the quickest method to get the job completed.
Pros
Many partnership benefits.
Good variety and friendly
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge6 March 2018
The partners working across the store are generally all friendly and easy to get along with, the managers included. They are also very supportive and will to work with you to make your work life fit with you. There is always opportunities to be trained on various teams as well as your own if you prefer more variety.
The hardest part of the job for me was when the store would get very busy around certain times of the year, especially Christmas. The most enjoyable part was being able to switch between the two teams I was trained on as and when I was needed and working on the help/welcome desk as I enjoyed the variety.
Good benefits but poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes27 February 2018
Friendly place to work however manager was inconsiderate and expected me to work a lot more hours than I was contracted and able to. Benefits such as the bonus were nice
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Finchley Road3 February 2018
I only did work experience in Waitrose, however the experience was great as I was able to work in different section of the retail but the check out point because I was too young. Overall, working in Waitrose enhanced my confidents and allowed me to interact with customers. The hardest part about working in Waitrose was getting to know the shop floor because when the customers wanted to know where a product was I was struggling to direct them therefore I had to get a colleague.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not working on the check out point
Fun workplace and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London15 January 2018
Its really fun to work here because the people who work there is really friendly . And if you're not sure on what you are doung they are hapoy to help you .
Pros
Free lunch, free breakfast
Cons
8 hours
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood14 January 2018
I am responsible for managing my own shifts in addition to working with other colleagues. My main duties including: caring for all customers, shelf stacking.
Good Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan2 January 2018
friendly staff, good pay and benefits. Good work hours due to store opening times. Uniform is provided but strict in regards to make up and hair in work
Cons
No parking provided
Supportive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Waitrose and found it a wonderful part time job throughout university. I particularly found the salary and benefits (enhanced by being a partner) thrilling - the bonus each year was quite a celebration!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester Park21 November 2017
A typical day started with creating a rota for the day. Then working deliveries, taking phone calls, reducing stock that was going out of date and covering the checkouts.

This was a hard job in the sense that you never knew how many cages were coming in and you had to keep the shelves stocked on a daily basis. You were on you feet for the whole shift.

During my time the management encouraged training and also assisted when short staffed in putting stock out.

It was a great environment to work in and everybody got on well together.
Pros
Local to home and the same benefits as John Lewis
Cons
Working weekends and late nights.
Social and stimulating place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hersham16 November 2017
Different daily challenges to conquer, always keeps you on you toes. Fun and challenging work environment. Problem with being a large store is the channels of communication. Could do with some improvement.
Pros
reduced lunches
Cons
poor communication
a friendly and welcoming workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire3 November 2017
I learned a lot about how businesses work and what happens behind the scenes. My manager looks after me well, always tries to accommodate to my personal needs. my typical day involves reducing products with short dates on them and answering calls to customers. the most enjoyable thing is interacting with other customers and partners and the hardest apart is the strict contract when it comes to number of hours.
Pros
treat partners very well
Cons
a lot of hours
Nothing special
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2017
You'll end up doing routine job every day, year after year. No promotions, despite all promises. Management isn't helpful, not saying about being professional.
Pros
Partner discount card
Cons
No promotions, hard to book holidays, no planning/strategy, arrogant management
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London26 October 2017
it was a good place to work as, i learnt different things everyday and boosted my confidence up. Also a typical day a work for me was asking customers if they needed help with anything and also stocking up the shelves.
Used to be good...
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire20 October 2017
When I first started working at Waitrose I really loved my job, however, recently they have begun working under a new structure and things have changed. We are constantly understaffed which means we are pressured to work harder by doing three peoples jobs at once, shelves are empty and the managers aren't interested in supporting the staff downstairs they chose to stay upstairs away from all the chaos.
Funnily enough lots of partners have left because of this and I can imagine lots will be leaving in the upcoming months, we even have new staff that leave after only a few shifts.
I think its a shame because Waitrose was once known for being a great place to work and a good career path.
Waitrose is great
Sales Assistant Waitrose (Former Employee) –  Hertford17 October 2017
Great place to work, good discount, great people in the job. hard to get promoted, never a dull day if you have the right attitude, good fun at xmas..
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill12 October 2017
Prestigious supermarket to work at with great benefits. Typical say includes serving customers, running the shop floor, assisting with help desk. Learn excellent time management and customer service skills. Skills learn dealing with the company are second to non.

Workplace culture is great but working hours became harder to work with and no flexibility.
Safe and Happy Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham8 October 2017
During my time at Waitrose i have had near to no problems while working, it is a fun and happy place to work and i would recommend to anyone who isn't picky over their wages. The place is very secure and you can rest to know that you are safe within the workplace.
Pros
Active Day
Cons
Low Pay
Excellent for part time work when studying
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester6 October 2017
This job was perfect for what i needed. Hours i worked fitted around my college life and meant that i could have an income whilst studying. The pay was good and there was progression and also bonuses. The harder you worked the more you received.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Distance
productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caversham, Berkshire11 September 2017
all employees easy to work with and the store has a great work environment. contracts are flexible if you need them to be,for example if you have an appointment during one of your shifts, your manager will happily change the shift slightly to revolve around important dates and events
It use to be good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  checkouts20 August 2017
Working for waitrose use to be good, however now nobody ever knows what they are doing there is no time for training anyone. People are working stupidly long hours because there is no staff and most people are looking for new jobs including me. the people at the top have destroyed what waitrose was.
Pros
partnership card plus the other benefits if you can afford them.
Cons
long hours, no idea what you will be working or where, changing your hours short notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.