Waitrose Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive , friendly and involving.
Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  Rustington7 June 2018
As a partner i feel very involved with choices in the business and my branch to help reach our goals and targets on a daily basis. i enjoy working for Waitrose and i would recommend people that is it a good, fun and nice place to work.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire7 June 2018
great. this was an alright job to work with. gave me the experinece i needed to work in other sectors that i belive well suited me. learnt alot of skills.
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands1 June 2018
I loved working at Waitrose. The staff were always so friendly and made me instantly feel part of the family. They organised loads of social events outside of work that help staff get to know each other and become a really close knit work environment. Although working on the till isn't the most thrilling job, the staff and company management systems always made every shift fun and positive. I would recommend anyone to apply for a job here.
Pros
social events
Cons
busy shifts
Hard working and Inclusive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkhamsted20 May 2018
A typical day would require a high level of customer service, through micro managing each situation as it happened as to provide the best customer service to each individual, as no two situations where the same. The culture within the business was welcoming and supportive, as all employees would work harmoniously to ensure a productive work place. However, some of the management approaches were autocratic which lead to some conflict within the workplace between individuals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the 'Difficult' customers and when working as a supervisor in busy periods, as the store could become chaotic. The most enjoyable part was the connectivity between me and customers, when providing customer services.
Pros
John lewis partnership card, customer communication, empowerment, employee relations
Cons
Long hours, management structure
Staff all very friendly, enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brackley6 May 2018
The staff were all very friendly and good to work with. However, sadly the management at my branch was poor, often expecting far too much of employees.
Good reputation however poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset12 April 2018
My job at waitrose started off very positively. Pay was good and my colleagues were lovely. However as time went on I noticed there was a lot of pettiness among my colleagues who would snitch on others to managers for silly reasons. I also found management to be very poor at their jobs and there were particularly issues with privacy. The job day to day was enjoyable, but opportunities to progress were not given based on experience but based on how much the management liked you.
Pros
Discount (in store and other businesses), Salary, Holiday
Fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Balham5 April 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits and hours that work around you. I worked part-time as a student and they were very accommodating.The very homely atmosphere made me feel like I had a home away from home.
Well organised
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London5 April 2018
Good atmosphere here and a good first working environment. Taught me valuable communication and teamwork skills which are vital in the workplace. I enjoyed overcoming the challenges faced there and meeting certain deadlines required of me.
Impressive and functional
Supermarket Assistant / PartnerVoice Rep (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire30 March 2018
It was a big step working for Waitrose. Its amazing to see how everything happens, it works so well and operates so good.
The salary is good, and the bonus at the end of the year is jackpot!
Very Good
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orpington20 March 2018
Working for Waitrose on a part-time basis for over 2 years has been an excellent employment experience for me, I have been able to gain and improve people skills through customer service, whilst working within a team of varied partners who all work well with eachother. Through furthering my experience within the business I have also been able to take vital responsibilities within my section, and my management team will now rely on me to provide results in these responsibilities, for example, product stock ordering, - ensuring that Waitrose can maximise its profits. This is very rewarding.
Pros
Fantastic working environment
Cons
Every day is the same
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford12 March 2018
Working in Waitrose has helped me grow as an individual, it has helped me gain skills and experience that I will definitely use in the future. I have also learnt to multitask, work on different sections and convince and encourage customers to try out new stock.

My managers and supervisors have made it known what they expect from me, they are also very understanding and positive.

A typical day at work for me is helping on the checkouts and/or emptying cages on the shop-floor and/or collecting deliveries for customers.

Before I started working, I would say that it was quite hard for me to talk to people I did not know but I am now able to talk to customers confidently. Also working in retail has helped my time-management skills as I am able to be on time for work, carry out tasks, take some time to myself to do online training etc. It has also helped me build relationships with my work colleagues as well as regular customers. At first I thought that it would be hard for me to fit in with the company but the whole company/team are welcoming.

I would say the hardest part of working in retail is dealing with unreasonably rude customers which can sometimes challenging but you get so used to it that it becomes something that you are used to. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer is satisfied, it makes me feel better about myself as I am able to meet the needs of customers.
Pros
Partner Discount with the Partnership Cards.
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston11 March 2018
fun workplace, friendly staff and good pay.
some management good but not the best at there job.
a nice place to work if youre a student or an older generation looking for some extra money.
Pros
bonus
Cons
bad managment
Easy going job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester7 March 2018
This was my first job, it involved extensive customer service training which made me feel confident in my role as a personal shopper.
It taught me the customer is always right and the importance of customer service skills when dealing with all types of people.
Perfect.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wollaton Nottingham26 February 2018
We get noticed for the jobs we do. For example my pay falls under very good therefor my pay rate matches my level of experience I have achieved. Very flexible when wanting time off or swapping days.
Pros
bonus scheme, holidays, salary
Gteat place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon25 February 2018
Amazing work colleagues support and chance to advance if desired great atmosphere and job satisfaction great social side to the job with partner days out and Christmas party
Pros
Great company bonus
Cons
Early starts
Great Supermarket
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cirencester22 February 2018
Stock rotation & advising customers.
Gained vast knowledge of Produce.
Friendly Management.
Family Culture.
Hardest Part was to work long hours around the festive periods.
Fun Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex15 February 2018
Typical day would be dealing with customer requests, fitting the customers needs if wanting to find a product.

Management I would say is unorganised within the work place.
It has gotten harder
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire6 February 2018
Used to be a fantastic place to work but as of late you are always understaffed and therefore overworked. Management spend a lot of their time laughing and joking with each other.
Good place to work and look after their staff
Supervisor Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Biggin Hill Kent2 February 2018
Supervisor on customer services, looking after checkouts and overseeing the daily running of tills and staff.
Changes within the company over the years has caused unrest with the staff and can make it difficult to do your job easily on a day to day basis.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Morale and long hours
Productive yet Limited
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London30 January 2018
Working for the company has provided me with new skills and helped me gain insight into the operations behind retail. I was able to adapt to a new environment and gained healthy relations with colleagues and customers. However overtime I felt limited due to the lack of new challenges my job offers and look towards a new job which can provide me with new obstacles on a day to day basis.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
Poor Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.