Waitrose Employee Reviews in Leyland

The worst place I have ever ever ever worked.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leyland RDC17 April 2018
Poor treatment. Bullying is rife. Management are inept. Poor pay. Shrinking bonus. Spoken to like dirt. No paths to progress. Demoralised me to the point of depression and thoughts of suicide. I'd rather die (LITERALLY DIE) than return.
Pros
None.
Cons
All.
Still got the Victorian attitude.
Hgv driver (Former Employee) –  Leyland27 March 2018
I started at Leyland in 2013 with approx 30 other drivers and they called us the best of the best we were first in the new depot and the majority of us have gone since because they didn’t want to pay us for our worth, their managerial skills were amateurish and policy was made on the hoof, with many years of experience under my belt I can honestly say it is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Disappointed PL.
Cons
Utterly terrible, stay away.
warehose partner (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire17 July 2017
I've worked at Waitrose Leyland RDC for 4 years, and it really has been the worst 4 years of my life. I honestly do not have a single positive thing to say about the company.

Management are grossly incompetent and resort to bullying tactics to get what they want. They also like to play favorites. certain members of staff (ie their friends) will always get preferential treatment. where as the guys and girls that aren't liked will be given all of the bad jobs.

This also extends to training, I have been " getting trained on WMS this year" for 4 years now.. There are people that have been there for a few weeks that get trained on it because they suck up to management. But if you aren't liked you get fobbed off at every turn.

In summary I would advise you stay away unless you really are desperate..
Pros
Literally nothing.
Cons
Incompetent management (one of them doesn't know how to use a printer) bullying favoritism.
good co -workers
HGV Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 January 2017
Would get into work on average 1/2 hr before start time as i like to set myself up and get all paperwork needed in order,once that was done i would get my keys for my wagon and do a full check on my unit after making sure it was road worthy i would then hitch up to my allocated trailer also making sure it was road worthy. then i would proceed to my delivery point depending on distance i would do one or two deliveries a day.
Pros
good managers
Cons
a lot of weekend work
Ok
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire19 December 2016
While the work itself is ver enjoyable and most of co-workers are very helpful, the managment is very bad. If you working through agency you also have to consider that the agency representive is not a very good one.
Pros
Kitchen with hot food, Gym and showers
Cons
Working in cold, Managment
Its a secure and good place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leyland28 September 2016
Working at waitrose has been good it kicked started my career of and taught me all kinds of things. There some great people there im just looking for change in my career whiles im young ive learnt alot at Waitrose such has receving products / loading / unloading trailers / picking high volumes / counterbalance / ppt /pptl / llop
Bad Managment
Warehouse Partner (Current Employee) –  Leyland18 July 2016
Management lie at every opportunitiy to cover their own incompetance.
Health & saftey standards poor.
Always creating unrealistic targets.
If you don't suck up to management then you will get nowhere.
Pros
time off
Cons
waitrose leyland
Cold, slow and unable to talk.
Warehouse Picker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, ENG16 November 2015
Unsociable hours (1pm-9pm) 5 days a week.
Management is shockingly unorganized.
The overall job isn't too bad as I don't mind being practical all day but the cold can get you a bit.
If you become a Partner with Waitrose rather than being on the agency the world is your oyster with longer breaks and many benefits, but to get this sometimes you have to wait up to a year.
Cons
Cold conditions
Busy and exciting environment.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leyland, ENG16 June 2015
Typically starting at 4am until 12 lunchtime during the week.Sometimes 4pm until midnight on Sundays.
The job is rewarding but very repetitive.I learnt about loading and unloading HGV and double decked trailors safely and efficiently. The management are helpful and give praise where due ,the opposite is also true!
I enjoy working with my co workers,very helpful people.
The hardest part of the job is the hours which can vary from week to week.
The most enjoyable part is when the shift is finished and all the trucks are being loaded for delivery to stores all over the UK.
Pros
Excellent canteen facilities, proper chefs with subsidised meals.
Cons
Very unsociable hours that change from week to week.
Productive work within a supermarket warehouse distribution centre
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Leyland, ENG11 April 2015
Picking orders from shelves as directed by a computerised headset - which I wear and I then have to confirm orders completed / picked, by communicating with the computer. The orders are then transferred onto a large trolley, which is then wheeled to the lorries bay ready for distribution to retail customers, e.g. Waitrose, and other food chain supermarkets / customers.

I have learnt how to use a computerised headset and follow instructions as directed by the computer, in order to pick orders for distribution in a timely manner. I have learnt to communicate more with Management and the team I have been working with, including working on my own initiative.

The hardest part of the job, is to work to targets of 1000 order picks per shift of 8 hours per day. This is quite challenging when there are lots of other staff working in close proximity.

The most enjoyable part of the jobs, is knowing that I have achieved the order picks ready for distribution, as much of the order picks are food - which is quite an important commodity.
Pros
Good canteen, subsidised
Cons
Long term temporary work via the agency - Best Connection
hardwork, lies and under paid
warehouse partner (Current Employee) –  leyland26 March 2014
lied to on interview pay is rubbish rota is rubbish everyone is looking to step on the people below them just to get higher on the ladder eg power hungry. not been paid correct since i started given disciplinary for no reason managers sometimes havent got a clue what they are talking about and being generaly nasty
Pros
Bonus discount
Cons
bad shifts, pay, hours, rest days, Rotas
temporary work with shifts changing too often
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  leyland ,lancashire4 March 2014
waitrose rdc would be a great place to work if the agency s.c.o.l treated their staff with a little more respect.the security is outragous and even getting to the toilet on arrival is a problem as after 5 months working there the temp staff have still not been given door swipe cards for access to the main building,canteen etc.our shifts are changed way too often and are worst at the moment losing us around £180 per week from the wage we had previously.temps are NOT vetted and this attracts people on drugs etc.it seems we are expected to give 110% commitment in return for mistreatment and no understanding or interest in our respect or moral.
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
canteen closed on our lunch