Waitrose Employee Reviews in Bracknell

Varied work,
Print Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire11 January 2018
Taking customer orders (Waitrose stores) over the phone and fax's
picking / packing and despatching signage to stores.
Guillotine work on the in house Waitrose magazine, Dark room work pasting up photographs for Magazine.
Reprographics on daily bulletin and despatching.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
N/a
Great people, great products
Manager, Finance (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire20 December 2017
Waitrose has top class management policies and people. There is always an interest in training you if you are facing difficulties in either soft skills or technical skills.
Pros
Great canteen, large vibrant business, best product going!
Cons
Goes at it's own pace!
Blue Arrow Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire19 December 2017
I recruited all staff for our Waitrose Contract, I liaised with at least 20 Managers and departments to recruit suitable staff to the distribution warehouse. My Managers were some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to work with. The workplace could be a difficult place for our staff to work as it was targeted.
Good Working Enviorment
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell13 November 2017
I left Waitrose to start a new career at BMW as I had previously worked for them in the past

Left on good terms and Waitrose is a fine company to work for
Pros
Good Place to work
Cons
Very productive, helpful and great enviroment
Business Analyst, Financial Performance (Current Employee) –  Bracknell17 October 2017
My day always has others asking for helpful way's to speed up process's and data analysis which always ends up with everyone ending up smiling.
I also ensure reconciliations of reporting and ledger no.s are correct for all to use ensuring all business partners have the correct information.
I always learn on the job to improve efficiency's where ever possible. The area I work in and in the workplace as a whole has a very respectable culture.
The hardest part of my job would be sometimes taking on too much to help others and not keeping a perfect eye on what can be done on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is taking information from others and negotiating a better and more efficient way of working to improve the way others can work using excel, VBA and Financial systems.
Pros
Great discount received and yearly Bonus.
Cons
Sometimes jobs are needing more time so some unsociable hours are needed to work.
Bad place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bracknell12 September 2017
I want forrgot about this place. Waste of time. If you are yound and you want lose your time so yes it's the best place to work and fill your self like a unusefull thing go on then
Cons
Tempory job so limited experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell5 June 2017
Opportunity to undertake a wide range of duties in the food retail sector, including cash register, customer liaison and stock taking. Also provided a staff discount.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
unsociable hours
i am a contractor
1st line support (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire22 May 2017
As a contractor I do not feel very welcome at waitrose. i also think that it is extremely stupid that I have to write this review. wasting my time a little bit
Fun workplace - due to other partners
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell16 May 2017
I worked at Waitrose part time whilst I was studying and overall Waitrose was a fab business to work for, not just because of the benefits and fairly good pay; but because of the people that also worked there. It was like a family sort business, I thoroughly enjoyed my two and a half years there and would definitely recommend it to someone who's in-between jobs and/or in school, college or university! However, management is a bit naff.
Pros
Bonuses
Learnt lots
Temporary trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire11 May 2017
I did 2 weeks of work experience here and I loved it. The atmosphere was rear and everyone was nice to be with. I learnt lots of techniques in a kitchen and it helped to build up my confidence.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Early mornings.
the most boring job ever invented in the history of jobs
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bracknell11 April 2017
a typical night at work is as boring as all the other nights.you do the same thing over and over and over again with no rotation between jobs even if that`s possible because there are more jobs available.very hard to get promoted and if you work harder there`s no reward of any kind so there`s really nothing to stimulate you to do that
productive and fun workplace
operative warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire22 February 2017
I learned how to drive and handle warehouse machines, the managers are good and have patience when teaching, the hardest part of the job is when you pick up the bottles of drink, the most pleasant thing about work is the fellowship there is
Great benefits but no progression
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Bracknell31 January 2017
Waitrose is an amazing place to be in if you enjoy good benefits such as bonuses, discounts, learning & leisure vouchers... however, it is not the place for those who are very ambitious and keen to move up the ladder very quickly.

It is extremely hierarchical place where they have long queues of people waiting for certain jobs and, although you get to apply and do the interview, only those who are at the beginning of that queue will get the jobs. Coincidentaly, it seems to always be the friends and relatives who get the "good" jobs...
Benefits
Cons
no career progression
living on past reputation but behind the times
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire28 January 2017
Poor Management and living in past. Shocking to see that legal and Health and Safety has taken a back seat and you would expect the Partnership to be number one in the industry.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Behind the times
It was a very pleasing workplace.with good personal
class 1 delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire17 January 2017
I learned how to interact with people,and to do a competent and professional job.A good understanding of my work and what I was expected of me.I enjoyed my work and completing my days duty to the best of my ability.
Pros
good workforce
Great work place
Functions Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire13 January 2017
I worked with Waitrose for over 5 years, and have gained most of my catering knowledge from the partnership as well as an NVQ.
The partners are very friendly and helpful.
Management are very approachable and understanding.
Pros
Free Lunches, Option for over time.
Cons
Hard to progress
Very productive and fun place to work
Retail Implementation Lead (Former Employee) –  Bracknell5 December 2016
A great company to work for. All partners ( all employees are partners) share in the of the annual profits, any decisions you make matter for the overall business.
is getting so bad, not recommend working here anymore...
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bracknell4 November 2016
warehouse in bracknell ..new contracts are so bad,single pay for sundays, bank holidays, overtime, pay is less than average pay in berkshire area, the agency workers getting same or more money, not paying bonus is on discussion, and they telling everyone to work harder even you re top worker, co-workers moral is low.. no future in this company.
waitrose CEO decisions drag company down, comparing themselves to tesco cutting prices to get more sales not thinking of profit opening to many shops which are not profitable..
Pros
working for posh brand "waitrose"
Cons
low pay
Great people, awkward location
Infrastructure Development SCCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Bracknell22 September 2016
Worked there for 3 years, really enjoyed it. Great colleagues who I still keep in touch with.
Some funny ideas how certain things should be implemented though.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Put on 5 lbs!
Good company to work for
Print supervisor/printer (Former Employee) –  Bracknell27 August 2016
always a busy day meeting new people, great company with some good perks including discount, and a yearly bonus plus good working hours.
Pros
store discount card yearly bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.