Waitrose Employee Reviews

okay place at best
SUPERMARKET ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  victoria street, london24 April 2018
i worked in the victoria street waitrose and the the only good thing there was the money, benefits and the fellow staff. the managers there were cheeky and rude at times. i'll always be grateful for the opportunity but something needs to happen when it comes to the management there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
good company for to work
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 April 2018
Couple years ago I worked for agency witch us partner of waitrose , and the environment us very good and good benefits, just left that time because circumstance move different village .
Didnt spend long enough there
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire21 April 2018
Didn't spend long enough working there to make a solid opinion, had to leave due to medical issues so not sure how it would have been if I had stayed working there
good place to work
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station20 April 2018
typical day at work would require to be on time and ready to work your replenishment shift or whatever department you have been assigned to. learn how to deal with some difficult customers but most importantly to work more efficiently and productively. management was okay though some managers are not very nice to work and there is an element of sneakiness and hypocrisy among managers when dealing with fellow employees. hardest part of job is heavy lifting.
Loved it
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Leek19 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at Waitrose, interacting with a variety of people and expanding my skill set. In my role i looked after stock taking, over looked the warehouse and was in charge of many displays such as floristry.
fast paced friendly place to work.
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horley, Surrey17 April 2018
fast paced and friendly place to work, all partners are friendly and welcoming, also supportive with learning and kind when things go wrong. close-knit community, almost like a family, but obviously professional.
The worst place I have ever ever ever worked.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leyland RDC17 April 2018
Poor treatment. Bullying is rife. Management are inept. Poor pay. Shrinking bonus. Spoken to like dirt. No paths to progress. Demoralised me to the point of depression and thoughts of suicide. I'd rather die (LITERALLY DIE) than return.
Pros
None.
Cons
All.
As a partnership, Waitrose has a lot to offer and there are many avenues for all. It is a very welcoming company in terms of inclusion and equality.
Wine Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear15 April 2018
Having worked for Waitrose for nearly 10 years, I have gained a high level of customer service and have developed many skills with sales. Most of all I have also gained a nationwide qualification in Wines and Spirits.
Pros
Opportunities within the company
Working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London15 April 2018
Horrible environment to work in. Managers are awful most are untrained and got their position because of who they know rather than what they know. The do not care about personal problems that you may face and often lead you to be depressed and stressed.

Only way to progress in this company is to be white or to suck up to them.
enjoyable work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 April 2018
enjoyed meeting the customers I learnt how to prepare meat and how to cut it properly the management were very approachable everyone was very friendly and helped each other
Pros
discount lunches
Good reputation however poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset12 April 2018
My job at waitrose started off very positively. Pay was good and my colleagues were lovely. However as time went on I noticed there was a lot of pettiness among my colleagues who would snitch on others to managers for silly reasons. I also found management to be very poor at their jobs and there were particularly issues with privacy. The job day to day was enjoyable, but opportunities to progress were not given based on experience but based on how much the management liked you.
Pros
Discount (in store and other businesses), Salary, Holiday
Great job for students
Customer Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh10 April 2018
During my time at Waitrose, I mainly worked on the shop floor, replenishing the shelves. I was also trained to work at the checkouts, where I occasionally worked when the shop was busy. The staff at Waitrose are warm and welcoming and are quick to help should you have any queries. The pay was very good for a student, sitting at 7.67 an hour. The worst part about working at Waitrose was the early morning shifts, however, starting early meant that I also had the rest of the day to enjoy once I finished my shifts. Had the job position I held been full time, I would likely still be working there.
Pros
Affordable lunches, excellent pay, friendly coworkers, warm uniform
Cons
Early starts
Productive and fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham10 April 2018
Productive days where you never find yourself not busy. Management were always great with helping with training and providing new tasks as well as assisting with tasks that may have been difficult for one person. Fun group of people to work with despite remaining professional for the customers.
Pros
Very good starting salary, chilled out vibes and friendly environment.
Cons
Small-team based, repetitive
Frustrating, but great people
Operational Support Advisor, Various other roles (Former Employee) –  Bracknell10 April 2018
Retail is a hard place to work at present, with job cuts and restructuring rife. Although the ethos and company ethics, are commendable, I am unsure if they are appropriate in succh a tough climate
Waitrose.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf9 April 2018
A typical day at work would usually be quite straight forward. I'd come in and be told what section/sections I'll be working on for the shift and told how much there is to be done. I will usually discuss/negotiate how long it will take and try to meet the target.
Most of the time I would usually be working the deliveries, filling the shelves and making the section look presentable for the following morning. Some shifts may be spent tidying the warehouse making sure it is not messy and cluttered, so it is more easy and accessible to find stock and manoeuvre cages around the warehouse.

From working here I have learnt how to work as a team trying different methods of completing certain jobs more quickly and efficiently, finding the easiest and best ways to complete tasks day to day. I've also learnt how to do so independently.

The management has fairly been on point with any enquires I may have, such as help with booking certain holidays. Usually also quite helpful n considerate if they see you struggling.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work as a team as you usually feel a slight bit more motivated to get the tasks done, as working together helps to bring you together n build your relationship with work colleagues.

The hardest part is usually when your delivery is bigger than usually and you have to find the quickest method to get the job completed.
Pros
Many partnership benefits.
one of the best work experience I have ever had
Worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton5 April 2018
People who work there are very nice and helpful, the corporate culture is on a great level.
Managers are also nice and you can ask them about anything and get help.
Fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Balham5 April 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits and hours that work around you. I worked part-time as a student and they were very accommodating.The very homely atmosphere made me feel like I had a home away from home.
Well organised
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London5 April 2018
Good atmosphere here and a good first working environment. Taught me valuable communication and teamwork skills which are vital in the workplace. I enjoyed overcoming the challenges faced there and meeting certain deadlines required of me.
Impressive and functional
Supermarket Assistant / PartnerVoice Rep (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire30 March 2018
It was a big step working for Waitrose. Its amazing to see how everything happens, it works so well and operates so good.
The salary is good, and the bonus at the end of the year is jackpot!
Still got the Victorian attitude.
Hgv driver (Former Employee) –  Leyland27 March 2018
I started at Leyland in 2013 with approx 30 other drivers and they called us the best of the best we were first in the new depot and the majority of us have gone since because they didn’t want to pay us for our worth, their managerial skills were amateurish and policy was made on the hoof, with many years of experience under my belt I can honestly say it is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Disappointed PL.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.