Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the search See all 1,518 reviews
enjoyable
Deli partner Pdr and tills (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex24 July 2018
great place to Work lots of staff benefits and good fellow partners on the job training is very helpful also and you can be trained on many areas in the store
Fast Paced Working Environment
OPERATIONS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  62 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP23 July 2018
Working in retail helps you to develop a lot of skills. Patience and tolerance is one of them. I have learnt how to build re pour with both clients and people I work with. Whether these be contractors undertaking maintenance or my colleagues on the shop floor. I have a good relationship with all the managers I have worked with and felt it easy to go to them if ever I had a problem. I love the whole aspect of a team environment, with everyone pulling together to do their best. The most enjoyable part of my job certainly have to be the benefits it comes with; such as my discount card and being able to visit different attractions for a reduced fee. The hardest part of my job has to be when you have challenging customers!
Not what it used to be
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rustington22 July 2018
A lot is expected from staff with not much given in return. Low salary (not easy to get to the advertised rate) often unsociable hours (10pm finishes) little flexibility between roles (despite what they say at interview) and unsupportive/uninterested management.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
I could go on...
well organised place to work
check out operator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire22 July 2018
staff very nice and friendly customers were nice and helpful on the whole nice air conditioning to work in reduced prices for lunch and drinks varied hors to suit you
Pros
reduced lunches
Cons
More and more from you for less and less money
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Bracknell22 July 2018
Company has good morals shame management can not get that across to employees or trying to drive your wages down as pay reviews are not stranded if your face fits type of world
Pros
Hgv driver
Cons
Long hours low wages and no consideration from office staff
Productive and active environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kings Road21 July 2018
A typical in Waitrose was very active and packed. Everyday was a busy day due to location and the amount of people that either work or are located around that area. As there are so many tasks, I always had to be on my feet and keeping an eye on how much time I am spending per task. I learnt to be disciplined during work, by being full of energy instead of doing the minimal. I learnt about several different foods and products sold by the company, The management in Waitrose was very structured and organized, as well as strict intolerant.. Very nice individuals who do not tolerate any room for laziness, as this leads to a lack of productivity. The hardest part of the job was offloading the evening deliveries as there is usually so much inventory, which could take up to an hour putting away. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on deliveries in the van to deliver home shopping to customers. It was very exciting as well as important as we had to represent the company in a good light when out on deliveries.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Malden20 July 2018
Waitrose is a very organised, enjoyable company to work for. I was able to develop my skills there, with the help of the company and staff. Happy environment to work in.
productive
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton20 July 2018
The role was to provide top quality service to customers and the hardest part of the job was when the shop was quiet and the most enjoyable part was when it was a busy day.
Hard work but productive
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk20 July 2018
Days are very monotemous doing the same thing for all of your shift. Management are helpful and understanding to a point but seem to be reluctant to give more contracted hours to part time staff instead they simply pressure you to do overtime.
Pros
Cheaper staff lunches
Cons
Monotomous
standard place to work
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Salisbury18 July 2018
the benefits and the pay was good but i gradually began to enjoy my job there less and less. It was good for a first job but i would not like to have worked there long term.
Wacky warehouse full of degenerates and monkeys for managers
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Leyland17 July 2018
Some of the people are alright, I mean a minuet few. Rest are a bunch of degenerates who want to climb up that ladder, be stuck in there bubble and be miserable
Pros
brownies were good
Cons
unsociable hours, managers do nothing, but pick each others bums, panic when they realise they have messed up, then pin the blame on someone else
best place i worked
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  london16 July 2018
leaving two previous employers in the customer relations sector waitrose provided the best of both jobs good customer service with positive colleagues with many many benefits.
Pros
JLP benefits
Cons
miscommunication between managers
Great team of partners, poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset14 July 2018
The partnership is a good solid safe place to work with good benafits and high levels of staff welfare.
Waitrose have a good route for progression if you’re looking for a career in retail, however Wellington is a poor store for development and you’d be better off elsewhere.
The team at Wellington are very hard working with lots of support from co-workers but it is extremely pressurised due to very low levels of staff.
The senior management are poor and reactive rather than proactive, can’t see how under pressure the staff are on the floor and frankly don’t care as long as the sales keep coming. The manager is blinkered, doesn’t want to know about problems, doesn’t engage with staff, the deputy flaps, panics, micro manages everyone and is rude to the point of bullying.
It’s such a busy shop that there is no time for proper training so staff are fraught and put in the position of not being confident at what they are doing.
Pros
Good benafits, secure job
Cons
High pressure, low pay, poor training/progression
Focused and welcoming place to work.
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent12 July 2018
Although targets had to be met and partners were keen to get work completed in an efficient way, the general atmosphere within the branch was relaxed and welcoming.
Company best avoided to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorking10 July 2018
Not the best place to work as you cannot progress on your chosen career path.
management sack people just for being themselves.
a typical day at work was constant pressure put on you by the management to gain extra money from the customer without the quality of service to them.
I learnt nothing new from working with Waitrose.
the culture in the Dorking branch was constant money grabbing from the customer.
The job was a retail job, so there was nothing hard about it except the chance to progress
the most enjoyable was serving the customers whilst working with the fish and coming up with new ideas for the dishes they were doing at home
Pros
Cons
Bad Management in charge of the branch
most recent job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks10 July 2018
Awful management, I tried to book 1 or 2 days of holiday off in six months of working there and had both requests rejected, therefore I got not holiday for six months, I was also sick three times due to a condition I have and working on food service we are not supposed to work for 48hours after vomiting. On all three of these occasions i was asked to come into work and work the food service counter, this is a breach of my rights. i was forced to argue with the management that i couldn't attend work due to my being ill.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
management, sick leave
A great company who really care
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Various9 July 2018
I loved my time at Waitrose. It was hard work, challenging and required resilience but the rewards were great. Working as a team for a company who care about the people who work there. Opportunities to develop yourself, support during difficult times and lots of fantastic benefits.

The hardest part of the job in recent years has been due to a lack of trained staff - high levels of turnover and hard to fill vacancies made day to day life harder than it should have been. But the team spirit and determination of those working there shone through.

The hours could be called unsociable with early starts, late finishes and weekend working but these shifts can work well - around family or personal commitments. Days off in the week are great for appointments!

The best part of this job was the people who worked there - in every branch I worked at there were fantastic partners!
Pros
Good pay rates, great benefits, amazing leisure retreats, good career development opportunities
Cons
Hard work at a fast pace with sometimes impatient and angry customers to deal with
enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2018
This experience taught me patience as well as excellent and effective communication skills. It overall was a great and enjoyable experience which I am grateful to of had.
Pros
hours
Cons
location
productive and fun
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meanwood6 July 2018
enjoyed working for this company. fun environment, pleasant colleagues and friendly managers. flexible hours with the option for overtime made it an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
non
Partner (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London6 July 2018
My typical day consisted of stacking shelves and rotation of dates in order to ensure there are no out of date items on the shelves that could be sold. Also the disposing of out of date stock and then recording that on the computers ensuring all the numbers on the stock count add up correctly.

I learned a lot about how to deal with customers and handle all sorts of situations.

Management are very good you can come to them with absolutely any questions or concerns you may have and they will be more than happy to help you out.
Pros
Good discounts