Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews

stay clear of milngavie waitrose , Poor management team.,need to learn how to treat their satff and customers ,terrible place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire30 August 2018
Waitrose milngavie is run by a poor management team who do not know how to roll up their sleeves and help branch when required. Too many managers not enough partners, although you are not treated like a partner in the company. Advice I would give is too stay clear of waitrose milngavie.
Pros
nil
Cons
too many to write
Average
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorking29 August 2018
Working there was enjoyable for the first month or so, however after a few months it became very boring and repetitive. I felt as though there was no opportunity for development and managers treated you with little to no care.
Pros
25% discount at John Lewis and 15% discount at Waitrose, as well as discounts at many restaurants and experiences
Cons
Boring and repetitive
Productive, fun and very friendly
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne28 August 2018
Great place to work at if you are studying at school as offer out of school hour contracts. Everyone is very friendly and great management. Very good for getting overtime and holiday.
Pros
Lovely people, great management, yearly bonus and partner trips out
Cons
Can get repetitive
good place to work managers not the best
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire28 August 2018
the atmosphere at waitrose is good, the partners you work with are good fun people to work with. The jobs you have to do are fairly simple to do and you can get good rewards from dong this. Some of the managers can be vey annoying like most places, for me they disrupt they way i work just to do some job that isn't really needed, but overall good place, good pay if you're young.
Pros
good money for young people
Cons
can be draining
Supportive management and team
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath27 August 2018
Waitrose is a clean and fairly peaceful environment to work in. Managers are supportive and useful.The jobs are straightforward and not very stressful
Pros
discount
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex26 August 2018
There is a certain culture to the business that you will need to adapt to.

This culture changes over time and long term Partners struggle to adapt to the changes. This means that changes are difficult to embed.
Pros
Subsidy in PDR. Discount. Extra holiday.
Cons
Low pay. Stalling business.
A good progressive working culture
Shop-floor Assistant- Fresh Goods (Former Employee) –  North Finchley25 August 2018
Working for The John Lewis group was a great amount of fun with a great company training program that allowed me to become a c team sponsor and train other members of the team. I loved working for the company.
Pros
Yearly bonuses
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great benefits but boring.
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford22 August 2018
As an employee you are treated extremely well with lots of opportunity to progress and an end of year bonus as a partner. But the job is extremely repetitive and boring with very little in the way of a fun working atmosphere.
Pros
Partnership
Cons
Dull
Productive, enjoyable and friendly working environment
Waitrose Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet22 August 2018
From the second I joined Waitrose I was greeted by a friendly family like atmosphere. I didn’t know many people but weeks after working there I felt as if I’d been there for years. The customers are friendly locals and my colleagues were positive and full of energy, making enjoyable to go to work as everyone was on board
Pros
Discount at John Lewis and Waitrose, paid holiday
Cons
Occasional rude customers
Think again before you sign up !
Shop assistant / Driver (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset21 August 2018
You would think working for john Lewis would be a good move , Think again , Organised Chaos at its finest , Management approachable but dont listen , you might say" im uncomfortable doing this" and you would get "Do your best , you'll be fine " , Training can only be described as a joke and virtually non existant , You will be bombarded at home by there Partnerlink with module after module to complete yet no proper on job training ! , The shop manager runs about stacking shelves ...some might see this as a good thing and hes prepared to roll his sleeves up..How about he learns how to manage the store hes also totally out of touch with the staff , Some great genuine hard working people working there and some utter up there selves *****, They call there canteen a PDR ( partners dining room ) like its something special its a tip ( yes I do have pictures ) you will hear you work for waitrose/john lewis like it is something special..The fact is its a supermarket where the products are no better than any other supermarket they just charge three times as much for them , if your desperate for a job take a punt ..if your genuine and conscientious move on because you will be able to do better for yourself
Pros
Cons
organised chaos, poor training
Fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Keynsham, Somerset20 August 2018
A fun and demanding environment. The day would include cleaning, dealing with customers, cooking and preparing excellent customer service. The most enjoyable element about it was working ensuring that customers enjoyed the service that they received.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Lack of staff
Sales assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey16 August 2018
Waitroses' ethos was putting customers first to an first degree. Meaning that on many occasions my main taks had to be set aside to deal with bigger priorities, this led to a rapid growth in my time management skills as to make sure that all tasks were completed on time.
Pros
Good wage for the role and my age at the time
Cons
Couldn't give a downside to my time there
Friendly staff to work with
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton15 August 2018
Management are generally understanding of work lif balance and you do feel like they care about you. Colleagues are more like friends and will help you out with out asking. Pay is “competitive”
Pros
John Lewis and Waitrose discount
Cons
Repetitive work days
Productive and rewarding workplace
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willerby and Kirk Ella15 August 2018
Waitrose offers outstanding customer service and I strived to continue this reputation. I was able to learn many useful skills that enhanced my ability to be a very helpful and enthusiastic individual.

The management, although very busy, were always on hand to ensure you were doing the correct thing and this reflected how well the whole team cooperated in order to provide quality service.

A fast paced environment, especially within the cafe, proved to be challenging when I first started. However, I grew with confidence and was able to perform tasks much quicker and with higher accuracy.

The whole job itself was very rewarding. To represent a company and know that a customer is satisfied with the service you have provided makes the environment you work within very positive and enjoyable.
Pros
Free food, good partnership discount
Cons
Lacked diversity
AMAZING place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Yateley, Hampshire15 August 2018
Good pay, could be more
Looked after well
Hours are nice
Amazing benefits
Family feeling in the branch
Sometimes don't include all overtime hours
Can be pushy with overtime, need to hold your ground
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pushy with overtime
Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey14 August 2018
Waitrose is like working in most supermarkets - busy, and there's always something to do. Slight problem with under staffing means you'll be asked to do lot's of overtime - good when you need it, bad when you're being pressured to do it.
Excellent training and staff development
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh14 August 2018
I undertake a variety of tasks which have enabled me to develop confidence, take initiative, work as part of a team and learn important customer service skills.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
Working pattern
horrible place
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
I will not recommend this place to work.Nothing to learn as they already know what people they want to take to career.They advertising the jobs only for law wise. Management awful.
Fun atmosphere
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 August 2018
Wish rota could be more flexible once permanent contract is given.
All colleagues were friendly and easy to get along with, made a huge difference to working there as a staff. Fantastic customer service.
Avergae job.
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire10 August 2018
Work days are long and boring. Whilst people who have been there for a while are doing the more interesting jobs. New partners are put on the tills for 8 hour shifts. These shifts are horrible. Saying the same 3 lines for 8 hours make you wonder if you would rather be jobless. However when you progress to other tasks the days go quicker and you enjoy it more.
Pros
Managers or other staff wokrking on the helplines can always answer queries. Very helpfull.
Cons
Boring jobs.