Waitrose & Partners Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 474 reviews matching the search See all 1,522 reviews
great money for teens, lovely company but management could always be better
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex8 October 2018
at my workplace i was able to learn alot of skills which was really useful at home such as that of meat and fish and deli. some managers were amazing, some not so much. if you need to communicate something do it yourself as they wont help you out!
not very great options if you want to go further in the job but apprenticeships for some which is good.

loved every minute working there, the people that you work with really make it worthwhile and incredible experience to have. They will take care of you!
Pros
discount in waitrose and JL with other benefits like discounts at the cinema or day trips
Cons
communication between management is always awful
Co-ownership
Manager (Current Employee) –  UK8 October 2018
An excellent business to work for and be part of. All staff at Waitrose and Partners are partners in the business and therefore share in the responsibilities as well as the success. To really reap the benefits, you need to be fully engaged and give it your all.... The the world of the Partnership is your oyster!
Overall enjoyable workplace
Branch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
The company was enjoyable to work for however internal development of some colleagues was neglected a little as some people were 'too good' to move given their skillset. Friendly team excellent communication from head office. HR was fantastic as were benefits in the business. Drawback in the business was since an internal store restructure with removal of sections people lost key knowledge in specific areas even though they were crossed trained and managing a team of over 100 on just one rota was negatively impacting resourcing.
Pros
Good benefits, pay alright, very good HR, employ the right type of people
Cons
since the restructuring in stores communication and resourcing has been difficult
positive work environment with great benefits
highly trained partner (Current Employee) –  West Hampstead3 October 2018
A lovely work environment with kind hard working individuals who appreciate and reward hard work.
Though budgets need to be cut as they do everywhere, I appreciate this company greatly and recommend it as a place to work
Pros
discounted products
Cons
unpaid breaks
Supermarket assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
Some days are busy but you are always trained and well-prepared. I learnt something new everyday and if you want there is scope to be up-skilled in other areas of the business.
Management can be a pain in the a** but some are really kind and considerate.
Pros
Partner discount/benefits, Can do overtime at any branch
Cons
Sometimes hard for students to relocate
Excellent
Shop floor assistant (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London30 September 2018
An amazing company to work with, there is a true atmosphere of co-ownership. Amazing benefits included with employment here, and many opportunities to develop and progress.
Great team and good benefits
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chichester26 September 2018
As a part time job, allows for flexibility and growth of position. Sometimes hard to balance, work/ school / life if pressured to take overtime or do not have time, however can be flexible in this manner.
Management often engaged well with customers..
Pros
benefits and staff memebrs
Cons
Little option to return without reapplying.
Friendly workplace
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield25 September 2018
Always a positive atmosphere at the workplace, staff make you feel very welcome. Everyone gets along well and staff are looked after with good benefits from the business. Would definitely recommend working here.
It was ok
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Sussex23 September 2018
On paper a good place to work. Good pay and benefits. Easy work. The customers are really nice. Easy work. Thorough/helpful training. Always given enough lunch break.

Was told there would be a chance to work in different areas around the store but was always stuck on the till 8 hours straight every shift in the 7 months I worked there. Colleagues were gossipy and cliquey, did not like them. Uniform policy is very strict feels a lot like school. Also found managers patronising. Left due to my poor mental health and did not find managers to be incredibly supportive or easy to talk to. Also I get the sense they only hire people that appear quite middle class however this could just by my specific branch.

I probably wouldn't work here again.
Pros
salary, customers, easy
Cons
strict uniform policy, managers were patronising, mean colleagues
Good Pay and Potential for a good job
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton17 September 2018
The job was good originally, and the pay was good alongside the discount. However, the managers clearly aren't bothered about the staff. I would have hours added to my shift without being asked, and even when I had a hospital appointment they made it as hard as possible to get the day off. They would also make you feel incredibly guilty if you were unable to do any overtime that week, even though quite a few staff had to go to school/ university. If you were friendly with the managers, you would be rewarded with days off you needed and 'sick days' were allowed when they were not ill at all and the managers new that. If you did not socialise with the managers outside of work and weren't their friends, they would never help and act suspicious when you would legitimately be off sick.
Understandably, customer service was the utmost priority but when you had been taught to abide by the stores rules and values and a customer challenged them, a manager would not back you up and simply make you look stupid. This led to customers purposefully picking small issues so they could complain and receive compensation.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
Self-interested Managers
Okay to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Epsom15 September 2018
it was good fun a good team of people.everyone was friendly. my manager took time to help me with personal stuff. hours are pretty flexible. overall not a bad company.
Productive and very interesting company to work for
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  battersea london13 September 2018
Generally a good company to work for good company benefits and a lot of flexibility and would recommend it as a place to work for many and a lot to learn working here.
Pros
subsidised lunches, pension scheme, company benefits
Cons
working hours, work culture
Production and Working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham, East Sussex10 September 2018
I worked for Waitrose for more than seven years and found them to be a good company, most of the staff were kind and my Job was a Sales Assistant e.g. Cashier on Checkouts.

I found the work to be at times limited and did not provide me with enough of a challenge with the skills and qualifications I had achieved on my CV. I left the company about eight or nine years ago and have been Studying I.T., GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics and Business.

I have had a hard life since with health issues and exercise. I am looking for employment.
Pros
Discount and Benefits and John Lewis Account Card
Cons
Pressure because of some staff issues.
May seem amazing, but avoid
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire9 September 2018
If you’re currently in education- AVOID.
They will expect you to prioritise work and will not give you leave to study or visit open days.
NOT supportive in anyway or form.
They are also boring and repetitive jobs that can’t allow you to choose what you e.g tills or shop floor.
Pros
Pay, canteen prices, discount
Cons
Hours, management, realistically not suitable for students
Avoid
ROTA AND PAY CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire5 September 2018
Overworked & underpaid, lots of unfair rules, for example not everyone gets bonuses for working Sundays or gets paid breaks like others.

Management lack to support assistants, pay is really bad, I was on more working at Tesco!
No flexibility at all with balancing work life, I was promised I would only work 2 Saturdays a month when I was hired, a year later I'm still working every Saturday. I miss out a lot on Social events because of this.

Discount is good and some benefits are OK, but nothing that makes me want to stay permanently with this company.
Pros
Cheap canteen breakfast
Cons
Bad pay and boring job
Average
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorking29 August 2018
Working there was enjoyable for the first month or so, however after a few months it became very boring and repetitive. I felt as though there was no opportunity for development and managers treated you with little to no care.
Pros
25% discount at John Lewis and 15% discount at Waitrose, as well as discounts at many restaurants and experiences
Cons
Boring and repetitive
Productive, fun and very friendly
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne28 August 2018
Great place to work at if you are studying at school as offer out of school hour contracts. Everyone is very friendly and great management. Very good for getting overtime and holiday.
Pros
Lovely people, great management, yearly bonus and partner trips out
Cons
Can get repetitive
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex26 August 2018
There is a certain culture to the business that you will need to adapt to.

This culture changes over time and long term Partners struggle to adapt to the changes. This means that changes are difficult to embed.
Pros
Subsidy in PDR. Discount. Extra holiday.
Cons
Low pay. Stalling business.
Friendly staff to work with
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton15 August 2018
Management are generally understanding of work lif balance and you do feel like they care about you. Colleagues are more like friends and will help you out with out asking. Pay is “competitive”
Pros
John Lewis and Waitrose discount
Cons
Repetitive work days
AMAZING place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Yateley, Hampshire15 August 2018
Good pay, could be more
Looked after well
Hours are nice
Amazing benefits
Family feeling in the branch
Sometimes don't include all overtime hours
Can be pushy with overtime, need to hold your ground
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pushy with overtime