Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Found 102 reviews matching the search See all 1,554 reviews
Easy going and friendly place to work.
Shop Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 November 2018
- Working with colleagues when stocking shelves or reducing items.
- Working on the tills.
- The tasks were not too demanding
-reasonable hours/ working conditions .
- Very professional staff
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes I would get paid incorrectly
Productive workplace
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Oundle17 October 2018
• Year 1: Replenishing and restocking the store, ensuring a high level of stock management efficiency.
• Year 2: Serving customers on checkouts and responding to customer queries in a polite and professional manner; Customer service and assistance.
• Demonstrating in-depth knowledge of key Health and Safety standards used within the industry.
• Year 3/4: Managing stock control, training new team members in key competencies and office administration.
• Following completion of my degree I was put in contact with head office to gain experience within the retail supply of seafood products.
Demanding
Shop floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent10 October 2018
Very stretched work force expected to cover several departments at any time due to a small number of staff in a large store. Found myself taking on several "supervisory" responsibilities but frequently refused the associated wage
Excellent
Shop floor assistant (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London30 September 2018
An amazing company to work with, there is a true atmosphere of co-ownership. Amazing benefits included with employment here, and many opportunities to develop and progress.
A good progressive working culture
Shop-floor Assistant- Fresh Goods (Former Employee) –  North Finchley25 August 2018
Working for The John Lewis group was a great amount of fun with a great company training program that allowed me to become a c team sponsor and train other members of the team. I loved working for the company.
Pros
Yearly bonuses
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Think again before you sign up !
Shop assistant / Driver (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset21 August 2018
You would think working for john Lewis would be a good move , Think again , Organised Chaos at its finest , Management approachable but dont listen , you might say" im uncomfortable doing this" and you would get "Do your best , you'll be fine " , Training can only be described as a joke and virtually non existant , You will be bombarded at home by there Partnerlink with module after module to complete yet no proper on job training ! , The shop manager runs about stacking shelves ...some might see this as a good thing and hes prepared to roll his sleeves up..How about he learns how to manage the store hes also totally out of touch with the staff , Some great genuine hard working people working there and some utter up there selves *****, They call there canteen a PDR ( partners dining room ) like its something special its a tip ( yes I do have pictures ) you will hear you work for waitrose/john lewis like it is something special..The fact is its a supermarket where the products are no better than any other supermarket they just charge three times as much for them , if your desperate for a job take a punt ..if your genuine and conscientious move on because you will be able to do better for yourself
Pros
Cons
organised chaos, poor training
Friendly staff to work with
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton15 August 2018
Management are generally understanding of work lif balance and you do feel like they care about you. Colleagues are more like friends and will help you out with out asking. Pay is “competitive”
Pros
John Lewis and Waitrose discount
Cons
Repetitive work days
Fun atmosphere
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 August 2018
Wish rota could be more flexible once permanent contract is given.
All colleagues were friendly and easy to get along with, made a huge difference to working there as a staff. Fantastic customer service.
fanatastic company values
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uttoxeter6 August 2018
I no work in a "modern Waitrose" branch now. All partners are expected to be proficient in several skills. I started as a delivery driver. Since I started 5 years ago I have learned about different areas of the company, such as stock control and replenishment.
Pros
friendly and caring
Cons
working weekends
OK place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ely4 August 2018
hours suited me, loved my work, dining room on premises, yearly bonus, staff discount.

Good company to work for, I worked there for 12 years and maybe would have stayed if I didn't move away.
Pros
Dining room, bonus, discount
Cons
stressful
standard place to work
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Salisbury18 July 2018
the benefits and the pay was good but i gradually began to enjoy my job there less and less. It was good for a first job but i would not like to have worked there long term.
Productive and inclusive workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleet3 July 2018
Staff members are highly valued which is very motivating for staff. Very enjoyable work that feels rewarding in a number of ways not only salary wise. Hours are great. I have no negative experiences from working with Waitrose. Would love to go back
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Great people, gained lots of different skills.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Locks Heath, Hampshire18 May 2018
i start work at 5am so i am use to early starts,i have learnt how to do others sections such as tills, delivery and operations, each day i learn more.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Time to get jobs done.
Horrible
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lymington14 May 2018
Terrible place to work, not enough people to get the job done. managers expect more and more out of you each day. No one has accountability for doing a bad job. On the plus side most the people working there are nice.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Loved it
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Leek19 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at Waitrose, interacting with a variety of people and expanding my skill set. In my role i looked after stock taking, over looked the warehouse and was in charge of many displays such as floristry.
Productive and fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham10 April 2018
Productive days where you never find yourself not busy. Management were always great with helping with training and providing new tasks as well as assisting with tasks that may have been difficult for one person. Fun group of people to work with despite remaining professional for the customers.
Pros
Very good starting salary, chilled out vibes and friendly environment.
Cons
Small-team based, repetitive
enjoyable
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire26 March 2018
i worked evening replenishing stock. this involved stock rotation and checking dates. The management were helpful. There was some lifting but full training was given.
Good fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire25 March 2018
Work at 20.30 finish at 7 in the morning
Work cages on shop floor fresh ,frozen & ambient
Very demanding and very busy store
Using the bailer setting up and resetting
Pros
Cheaper dinners and food shop
Cons
Long hours and nights
very friendly workplace
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Dorset17 February 2018
Really enjoyed working as everybody was nice and friendly which made it a nice atmosphere to work in and always had work to do so i always knew what i was doing.
Pros
Salary
Cons
far to commute
Very professional company to work for.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City12 February 2018
Kept me happy and fully trained for my duration of the time spent working for their business. Also had a lot benefits that their staff could benefit from.