Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

excellent work place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thatcham2 September 2018
Good room for progression even for part time staff. On the job training was provided for me although I think modern Waitrose means there’s increasing pressure on cross training which is fine for me although some colleagues struggle
Pros
Lots of overtime available, excellent pay
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Keynsham, Somerset20 August 2018
A fun and demanding environment. The day would include cleaning, dealing with customers, cooking and preparing excellent customer service. The most enjoyable element about it was working ensuring that customers enjoyed the service that they received.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Lack of staff
good out of school job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey26 July 2018
worked here from the end of school to end of uni, good salary, and work environment. typical days were busy, but I received lots of training. the hardest part of the job was some customers could be extremely rude, I did not receive much support from management when I was treated disrespectfully.
Not much to add
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2018
Waitrose comes under John Lewis and I must say they really look after their staff. Benefits are good and they have many activities you can do via the work perk establishment
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Malden20 July 2018
Waitrose is a very organised, enjoyable company to work for. I was able to develop my skills there, with the help of the company and staff. Happy environment to work in.
best place i worked
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  london16 July 2018
leaving two previous employers in the customer relations sector waitrose provided the best of both jobs good customer service with positive colleagues with many many benefits.
Pros
JLP benefits
Cons
miscommunication between managers
Great team of partners, poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset14 July 2018
The partnership is a good solid safe place to work with good benafits and high levels of staff welfare.
Waitrose have a good route for progression if you’re looking for a career in retail, however Wellington is a poor store for development and you’d be better off elsewhere.
The team at Wellington are very hard working with lots of support from co-workers but it is extremely pressurised due to very low levels of staff.
The senior management are poor and reactive rather than proactive, can’t see how under pressure the staff are on the floor and frankly don’t care as long as the sales keep coming. The manager is blinkered, doesn’t want to know about problems, doesn’t engage with staff, the deputy flaps, panics, micro manages everyone and is rude to the point of bullying.
It’s such a busy shop that there is no time for proper training so staff are fraught and put in the position of not being confident at what they are doing.
Pros
Good benafits, secure job
Cons
High pressure, low pay, poor training/progression
Company best avoided to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorking10 July 2018
Not the best place to work as you cannot progress on your chosen career path.
management sack people just for being themselves.
a typical day at work was constant pressure put on you by the management to gain extra money from the customer without the quality of service to them.
I learnt nothing new from working with Waitrose.
the culture in the Dorking branch was constant money grabbing from the customer.
The job was a retail job, so there was nothing hard about it except the chance to progress
the most enjoyable was serving the customers whilst working with the fish and coming up with new ideas for the dishes they were doing at home
Pros
Cons
Bad Management in charge of the branch
An Enjoyable Challenge
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gerrards Cross1 July 2018
Long hours and hard work being on the Food Service Counters - there was a lot to learn and a lot to do each day but personally, I enjoyed the challenge and the fast pace of the job made each day go quickly
A good part time job as a student
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hexham23 June 2018
A good place to work as a student. Good pay for being under 21 but I would never work there as a career. An exceptionally boring job that has very little room for progression and the management can be biased with regards as to where they put people during a shift so that some areas might be very far behind but they never worked on that section so they ignore it.
Secure and Welcoming
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Waitrose as a company looks after its customers to a very high standard and the same can be said for its employees. Excellent staff benefits, a friendly working environment and job security.
Pros
Staff discount across multiple brands
Productive , friendly and involving.
Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  Rustington7 June 2018
As a partner i feel very involved with choices in the business and my branch to help reach our goals and targets on a daily basis. i enjoy working for Waitrose and i would recommend people that is it a good, fun and nice place to work.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire7 June 2018
great. this was an alright job to work with. gave me the experinece i needed to work in other sectors that i belive well suited me. learnt alot of skills.
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands1 June 2018
I loved working at Waitrose. The staff were always so friendly and made me instantly feel part of the family. They organised loads of social events outside of work that help staff get to know each other and become a really close knit work environment. Although working on the till isn't the most thrilling job, the staff and company management systems always made every shift fun and positive. I would recommend anyone to apply for a job here.
Pros
social events
Cons
busy shifts
Hard working and Inclusive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkhamsted20 May 2018
A typical day would require a high level of customer service, through micro managing each situation as it happened as to provide the best customer service to each individual, as no two situations where the same. The culture within the business was welcoming and supportive, as all employees would work harmoniously to ensure a productive work place. However, some of the management approaches were autocratic which lead to some conflict within the workplace between individuals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the 'Difficult' customers and when working as a supervisor in busy periods, as the store could become chaotic. The most enjoyable part was the connectivity between me and customers, when providing customer services.
Pros
John lewis partnership card, customer communication, empowerment, employee relations
Cons
Long hours, management structure
Staff all very friendly, enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brackley6 May 2018
The staff were all very friendly and good to work with. However, sadly the management at my branch was poor, often expecting far too much of employees.
Good reputation however poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset12 April 2018
My job at waitrose started off very positively. Pay was good and my colleagues were lovely. However as time went on I noticed there was a lot of pettiness among my colleagues who would snitch on others to managers for silly reasons. I also found management to be very poor at their jobs and there were particularly issues with privacy. The job day to day was enjoyable, but opportunities to progress were not given based on experience but based on how much the management liked you.
Pros
Discount (in store and other businesses), Salary, Holiday
Fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Balham5 April 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits and hours that work around you. I worked part-time as a student and they were very accommodating.The very homely atmosphere made me feel like I had a home away from home.
Well organised
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London5 April 2018
Good atmosphere here and a good first working environment. Taught me valuable communication and teamwork skills which are vital in the workplace. I enjoyed overcoming the challenges faced there and meeting certain deadlines required of me.
Impressive and functional
Supermarket Assistant / PartnerVoice Rep (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire30 March 2018
It was a big step working for Waitrose. Its amazing to see how everything happens, it works so well and operates so good.
The salary is good, and the bonus at the end of the year is jackpot!