Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews

HGV driver
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Maidstone20 October 2018
Driving for waitrose is an easy job the only thing that ruins it is the management who don't display partnership values and can be very vindictive if your face doesn't fit.
Pros
bonus
Cons
management attitude
Good place to work.
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 October 2018
Waitrose is generally a good place to work. They treat staff well and the job security is good. In the larger stores they also have cooked meals at a subsidised price which makes coming to work much more enjoyable.
Happy work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond18 October 2018
Enjoyed working within this environment as part of a team alongside my colleagues, and meeting a variety of different people and i was happy to serve customers.
As good as night replenishment can get
Night Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Crewkerne, Somerset17 October 2018
Work/life balance not great as sleeping alot throughout daytime but then not really in a position to moan when it was my choice to work nights. Great pay which shows their appreciation to their staff. Downfalls are that if you join just after all staff have booked their holiday for the year, then they will book all your holiday for you. Also all new staff who join/joined after Sept 17' get 45 minutes break compared to 1 hour 45 minutes for employees who joined before Sept 17'. Management friendly/understanding. Frequently late notice to be asked to start work earlier, which is a pain in itself considering it's nights. It's night work, so it is what it is I guess.
Pros
Good pay, friendly management
Cons
Breaks
Productive workplace
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Oundle17 October 2018
• Year 1: Replenishing and restocking the store, ensuring a high level of stock management efficiency.
• Year 2: Serving customers on checkouts and responding to customer queries in a polite and professional manner; Customer service and assistance.
• Demonstrating in-depth knowledge of key Health and Safety standards used within the industry.
• Year 3/4: Managing stock control, training new team members in key competencies and office administration.
• Following completion of my degree I was put in contact with head office to gain experience within the retail supply of seafood products.
Enjoyed my 6 years there, enjoyed working in and running large teams.
Various roles to Assistant Team Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Berkhamsted17 October 2018
Enjoyed my 6 years there, enjoyed working in and running large teams. They are a Partnership that really look after their Partners, and I believe the democratic leadership works well.
Demanding
Shop floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent10 October 2018
Very stretched work force expected to cover several departments at any time due to a small number of staff in a large store. Found myself taking on several "supervisory" responsibilities but frequently refused the associated wage
n/a
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, Cambridgeshire10 October 2018
Great company to work for. In particular the branch I worked for at St.Neots. The team was great and gave a real sense of morale and joy within the workplace.
Partner (Former Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire8 October 2018
Good Job, Management was very very good whilst i worked there, pay was very good for age and possibility to make a full career if you wished. fully recommended.
great money for teens, lovely company but management could always be better
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex8 October 2018
at my workplace i was able to learn alot of skills which was really useful at home such as that of meat and fish and deli. some managers were amazing, some not so much. if you need to communicate something do it yourself as they wont help you out!
not very great options if you want to go further in the job but apprenticeships for some which is good.

loved every minute working there, the people that you work with really make it worthwhile and incredible experience to have. They will take care of you!
Pros
discount in waitrose and JL with other benefits like discounts at the cinema or day trips
Cons
communication between management is always awful

Want to know more about Waitrose & Partners?

Ask a question
Co-ownership
Manager (Current Employee) –  UK8 October 2018
An excellent business to work for and be part of. All staff at Waitrose and Partners are partners in the business and therefore share in the responsibilities as well as the success. To really reap the benefits, you need to be fully engaged and give it your all.... The the world of the Partnership is your oyster!
Enjoyable and passionate place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheadle7 October 2018
A very involved and caring employer.

Values partners ideas and input.

An enjoyable working environment with the dedicated workforce and management teams who care about their partners.
Overall enjoyable workplace
Branch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
The company was enjoyable to work for however internal development of some colleagues was neglected a little as some people were 'too good' to move given their skillset. Friendly team excellent communication from head office. HR was fantastic as were benefits in the business. Drawback in the business was since an internal store restructure with removal of sections people lost key knowledge in specific areas even though they were crossed trained and managing a team of over 100 on just one rota was negatively impacting resourcing.
Pros
Good benefits, pay alright, very good HR, employ the right type of people
Cons
since the restructuring in stores communication and resourcing has been difficult
positive work environment with great benefits
highly trained partner (Current Employee) –  West Hampstead3 October 2018
A lovely work environment with kind hard working individuals who appreciate and reward hard work.
Though budgets need to be cut as they do everywhere, I appreciate this company greatly and recommend it as a place to work
Pros
discounted products
Cons
unpaid breaks
Supermarket assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
Some days are busy but you are always trained and well-prepared. I learnt something new everyday and if you want there is scope to be up-skilled in other areas of the business.
Management can be a pain in the a** but some are really kind and considerate.
Pros
Partner discount/benefits, Can do overtime at any branch
Cons
Sometimes hard for students to relocate
great benefits
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire1 October 2018
working for the partnership gave you incredible discounts not only at JLP but also in other restaurants and stores, always a good idea to take advantage
Excellent
Shop floor assistant (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London30 September 2018
An amazing company to work with, there is a true atmosphere of co-ownership. Amazing benefits included with employment here, and many opportunities to develop and progress.
Loved it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire28 September 2018
I really enjoyed working at Waitrose for the 2 years that I worked here. It gave me good work life experience and taught me useful skills such as confidence and customer service. My managers were all friendly and I enjoyed being part of the waitrose team.
friendly team, polite customers, positive envirmonment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunningdale, Berkshire28 September 2018
Working in Waitrose There were a lot of the same jobs to complete on a daily basis, this made getting into a routine easy and able to complete the jobs in good time and with good communication within my team.

The roles were set out with each team handling different parts of the store. The hardest role for me personally was working in the chillers/freezers. This was not particulary difficult but I have problems with my circulation (raynauds) which makes my hands sensitive to touching cold objects consistently, However I did not find this a difficult jobs in itself.

Overall I enjoyed working at Waitrose the best part was interacting with pleseant customers as they are grateful and it makes you feel proactive and great that you are able to help them.
Pros
cooked lunches everyday, meeting new people
Cons
working in cold places
Really nice place to work part-time
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea26 September 2018
Worked here through college & university, good culture, there is a professional yet welcoming ethos throughout. Was never a career for me but I would certainly recommend it for part-time work.