wagamama Employee Reviews

Applying for a job.
Kitcken Porter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 August 2017
I applied for a job at Wagamama and they called me back and left a voicemail. They left the wrong number and did not answer any of my emails. This has happened to a lot of people who have applied for jobs.
How do you expect people to respond,if the company you contracted gives out the wrong information.

Wagamama really needs to get rid of the third party employment company!!!
Go place for jappanesse experience
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  london28 July 2017
Good place working with follow office timetable.No stress with good teamwork management and staff. every weekend have party for celebrate staff.Learn how to handle wok station with long quee. Staff only 4 person to make sale 4 k in lunchh our.
Pros
free meal
Unsupportive management team
Line Chef (Current Employee) –  Tower Hill13 July 2017
Speaking on behalf of the team at Tower Place, I am appalled at the way the management team treat us especially the kitchen staff as they humiliate us, curse us and tell us "we are nothing but line chefs", we are underpaid and treated poorly, despite working incredibly hard for long hours. I am hoping for change as the staff are a team.
Cons
Poor Management, Low Wage, Impolite team, Long hours.
Funny place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 July 2017
Work as a family, very good experience. Nice environmental, the mentality of kaizen is the best weapon to succeed in this company and that is great. You will enjoy work with them.
loved the job and the people just not wagamama
Waiter (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire11 July 2017
would recommend to any one who loves the kitchen, but be prepared for 12 closes and 7am starts with in a 24 hours ..................................................................
Booming business with limited job scope
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 July 2017
A large and quickly expanding company which runs some really fantastic restaurants (and some quite poor ones). They have a strong pipe-line for career progression for people who, contrary to their HR which promotes the importance of the individuality and passion, are committed to follow the other peoples' rules.
fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, Greater London22 June 2017
learned how to run a restaurant, a shift, how to deal with people. Different kind of people, costumers. The team is amazing, the atmosphere as well. However the money is not the best.
overall great place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 June 2017
Wagamama is a really good company to work for. option to progress from day one, great salary and tips. fantastic staff and morale, the best job i've ever had.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido, Managers comprensibles y trabajadores
front of house team member (Former Employee) –  londres6 June 2017
Estoy feliz de haber formado parte del equipo de Wagamama. Es una familia, todo el mundo ayuda con todo, la organización es estupenda.
Fast paced and efficiency-focused
Front of house staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 June 2017
Wagamamas definitely teaches you how to micromanage your time. Shifts are typically understaffed, so you quickly learn how to most efficiently serve the large volume of customers that come in every day. They take hiring seriously so typically the team you join is productive - slackers don't last long.

They let you keep your tips - so at least on that front they treat their employees much better than most chains.
Pros
Free lunches
Happy work environment
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool3 June 2017
This place is usually a happy work environment which helps with the long shifts. The management are always extremely helpful in whatever it is you ask of them too.
loved working here
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian17 May 2017
Such a fun happy place to work and would recommend to anyone. Made some amazing friends and really miss the place. The only downside was split shifts.
busy but lovely
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex16 May 2017
everyone is lovely and there are great advantages although management isn't great and training isn't well. there are long hours and the pay is great although learning menu can be hard
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
Individuality encouraged positive and fun company
FOH Blackbelt (Current Employee) –  Crawley15 May 2017
Working in a restaurant can be challenging however the people i work with are amazing. Sometimes it can be stressful because our restaurant is so popular however the support is awesome.

I started having never worked in a restaurant, the training is amazing, i applied myself and I was promoted in under a year! since being promoted I have also had specialized training. Wagamama really looked after me.

My managers and everyone higher up on the ladder have always been down to earth and encouraging. Wagamama has such a positive outlook always striving to improve and help staff develop.

The workplace culture is electric, we have so much fun together. we have incentives, staff parties and often our restaurant likes to do staff nights out so we can bond and let our hair down.

The hardest part of the job is when we get super busy but more customers means more tips ;) the best part of the job is expressing yourself, being encouraged to let your personality shine and talking to your customers.
Pros
free lunch, really good money, awesome training, individualism encouraged, getting tips, support, fun, team bonding, kind management
Cons
long hours, busy, can be stressful, fast paced
Great team and fun place to work
Front of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 April 2017
The management was outstanding, always showed interest in all the employees and their development. outstanding standards. The co-workers were amazing, a great team.
daily day
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Islington, Greater London18 April 2017
A typical day at work is deal with customers, give them a good service, smile, make them leave the restaurant happy with expecting to back again.

I learn to give a good customer service, deal with complain,work under pressure, proactive approach to problems.

The hardes part of the job sometimes is deal with the complain. The best one is that we have really good team work and enjoy to work with my college. I am really happy too with the management the are rally flexible and professional.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
doubles shift
Everything is cool
Chef (Former Employee) –  clifton, UK13 April 2017
Everything is cool
I recommend
Managers are helpful
The staff are nice and helpful to you and you can easily make new contacts
I do not see any unfavorable situation
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
good job
FRONT OF HOUSE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Hampstead Station30 March 2017
preparing restaurant for opening, taking orders, serving food, making sure it's all great
i learnt that moving fast can benefit it all
i met really nice people over there
manageress
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 March 2017
great culture and tradition behind high leveled service! great team work and food! amazing oportunity to develope urself as well as receice healt and food safety training!
Pros
good vibes
Good for beginners
chef, waiter (Former Employee) –  watford, st. albans24 March 2017
I used to work for this company 3 years. I have learned a lot about oriental food, if you just started your adventure with kitchen it's perfect but for a longer that job going to make you stressful, nervos and bored.
Pros
A busy environment but the company encourages each individual to be themselves.
Cons
Shift patterns can mean that a whole day is lost a morning shift and then back for an evening shift, These can be long and tiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at wagamama. Our community is ready to answer.

wagamama Reviews by Location