W. L. Gore & Associates Employee Reviews

Garment Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian28 February 2019
I really enjoyed working for Gore and the responsibility that you were given to manage your responsibilities within your department to reach your own potential.
Great
Field trial hiker (Former Employee) –  City of Edinburgh26 July 2018
Fantastic temporary experience. A trial very memorable with many positive outcomes. A very hard experience as hiking was every day yet great atmosphere and people to work with.
Worked in worse.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City13 February 2018
The work is good. I think that honestly the hourly rate should be more for what you do, and knowing where your products end up once they are fully assembled.
I have worked for worse places over the years than here, but would seriously think twice about taking ANY leave if you are ill!! I have been paid off for taking two days off work with a virus. So be prepared to work work work even if you are not fit to come into your work.
Shame really. Kind of spoiled my short stint at Gore.
Pros
Tea, Coffee, water is free to drink.
Cons
Work when ill.
fun workplace
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundee City3 January 2018
Enjoyable place to work, friendly staff. Gained a lot of test experience working here. Great culture, with a lot of good training put in place for staff.
Productive and fun place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dundee City21 October 2017
Worked as part of a busy workplace producing cables and wiring for Miitary and Commerical airlines. A great palce to work with happy atmosphere. Working Mon-Friday.
Freedom to develop and grow your career
Industrial / Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian21 September 2017
Great place to work - unique culture of freedom and fairness where compensation is based on contribution to the enterprise. No job titles means that you have the power to develop across a flat lattice style structure
Pros
Pension, Healthcare, Canteen
Loved working here and had fantastic opportunities
Project, Operations & Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian24 August 2017
Loved working here and had fantastic opportunities to work in different technologies and places.
Truly a great place to work when its at its best but needs to adapt faster and smarter to growing competition
Great people
Associate (Former Employee) –  UK8 February 2017
Great work culture, many opportunities to grow, develop and advance. Good benefit package. Global company can involve a lot of travel.
Pros
Working enviroment, people, benefits.
Cons
Can be very demanding
Fun and exciting place to work
New product development and project leader (Current Employee) –  Livingston20 September 2016
Plenty of personal development opportunities. Provided the ability to transfer commitments within the same company.

An almost unique culture that encourages associates to make their own commitments but they had better deliver on them as they will be held accountable.

A laid back working environment but the company do expect a lot of the asociates
productive and great place to work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Livingston30 August 2016
great people to work with. challenging and rewarding work. always busy , great benefits including holidays. Great environment and location, good canteen.
Pros
shares and bupa cover
Work Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Livingston6 May 2016
- Staff very welcoming and polite

-Learned alot about working within a work place and how the work place is presented

- thoroughly enjoyed my experience
Pros
good lunch/breakfast
Cons
boring at times
A good working environment with really nice people
Production Leader (Current Employee) –  Scotland26 February 2016
Sad to leave as I have made so many friends over the years working in this fast paced but friendly environment. I personally had many opportunities to grow & develop within the company. External training was given on numerous occasions to assist me in meeting my full potential.
good place to work, freedom to grow and learn new skills
Machine Leader, Gravure Process/Quality Engineer. (Current Employee) –  Livingston14 February 2016
Due to factory closing down production is why I had to mark job security and advancement low
Typical day is looking at the weekly production schedule and co-ordinating the gravures for each days' lamination production
Co-workers were easy to work with and get along we worked as a team
Hardest part when lamination trials were run and the same gravures were required for the same or next day production.
Completing schedules
Pros
good benefits, pension, holiday, free tea/coffee
Cons
Facilities Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, SCT18 November 2015
The culture is a lattice structure, no managers, but have leaders that we have 360 communication.

There is no employees, we are called associates and no defined job titles
Pros
Excellent Canteen
Dynamic demanding and rewarding
Bilingual Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livingston ,7 September 2015
How we work at Gore sets us apart. Since Bill Gore founded the company in 1958, Gore has been a team-based, flat lattice organisation that fosters personal initiative. There are no traditional organisational charts, no chains of command, nor predetermined channels of communication.

Instead, we communicate directly with each other and are accountable to fellow members of our multi-disciplined teams. We encourage hands-on innovation, involving those closest to a project in decision making. Teams organise around opportunities and leaders emerge. This unique kind of corporate structure has proven to be a significant contributor to associate satisfaction and retention.

We work hard at maximising individual potential, maintaining an emphasis on product integrity, and cultivating an environment where creativity can flourish. A fundamental belief in our people and their abilities continues to be the key to our success.
Pros
good salary package
Fun workplace
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundee4 February 2015
Fun place to work. Good relationship with both management and co-workers. I learned how to work as part of a team. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the various aspects. The enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor pay
Great - but not The Best
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livingston, SCT6 August 2014
High tempo and complexity in the Medical division.
Difficult to move your career further.