Vue Cinemas Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow26 May 2018
A typical day at work would include; working the tills, stocking the shelf's. If I am not working on tills that day I will be allocated to floor. This is where you will be expected to check tickets, do screen checks to avoid film theft and to maintain a clean environment in the screens - foyer and toilets.

From these roles in my current job I have learned how to work apart of team successfully to achieve work place goals set for the day. I have also learned how to use my time effectively to make sure work is completed to the best standard.

I would say the hardest part of my job would be that it's not particularly regular, some weeks I will have more hours and then other the times it drops. I would like a more stable work environment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working apart of the team. I really enjoy working alongside my colleagues. Also really enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
Pros
I get 40% on foods and free entry into films
Cons
short hours
fun people, i made some good friends.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley17 May 2018
I learnt how to use a till, everything else i knew or was self explainable for example the coffee machine. most enjoyable part was eating damaged goods as we couldn't sell them.
Pros
free cinema tickets.
A shambles
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 May 2018
Management is a complete joke, NONE of them are trained properly and enjoy talking about staff behind their backs at any given chance! UNLESS you enjoy sucking up to them! Very unprofessional none of them know what they are doing, If I could give no stars, I would! They expect far too much from us for little pay and to be treated like rubbish. Hours are awful. Nothing good to say about the place apart from the other CA's are great. Don't work here unless you are looking for one/two shifts a week unless it's school holidays / big film releases then you are expected to be able to work every hour under the sun. Grilled on reaching certain targets for sales, basically forcing and conning people into paying more! (GM's suggestion to increase sales for the business which is terrible!) if you've not had a good sales result at the end of your shift they will make sure you know about it by sending out emails to everybody naming and shaming, targeting those people & make them feel small.
Pros
Free tickets, discount on concessions.
Cons
Terrible management, rubbish hours, no proper training given
The place is good for a first job
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh28 April 2018
Expected to clean screens and other various cleaning tasks. Make sure the guest are welcome and let know that they are going to the correct screens. I learned time management like when screens are coming out and the screen that are going back in. The management team comes when you need them straight away so that you can do things that are assigned to you. Most enjoyable part of the job is the opens as they are usually quiet but can be busy with young children coming in. The hardest part of the job would be the closes.
Pros
The percentage of food and fizzy drink
Cons
closes
Good for 16-year olds
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury25 April 2018
And that's about it. A customer assistant is on minimum wage and for a reason. Your tasks are of low importance and the workload is not worth the grief you get from both the customers complaining about the ridiculous prices, to management demanding an answer for why you aren't selling enough of the ridiculously-priced food to the complaining customers.

Free films and percentage off food and drink is decent for a young person and somewhat makes up for the terrible wage, but it is not a job for anyone looking to progress onto more challenging and rewarding things.
Pros
Free films
Cons
Everything else
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth25 March 2018
Good place to work for, kept me active so amazing for my diet hahahaha absolutely loved it here very nice colleagues and managers, and free films sho who can complain
Pros
free films
assistant
CINEMA OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Redditch19 March 2018
long hours available , slave labor, bad pay and 4 hour contracts when you decide to leave and give them notice they put you down to minimal hours. management are a bunch of teens
Great people to work with. A very personable environment.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gateshead14 March 2018
Certainly one of the more fun jobs I've worked in. You'll make a lot of friends here. However its the nature of the business for irregular working patterns to be standard.
Pros
very nice work invironment
Cons
Irregular hours
amazing and fun and super benefits
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham22 February 2018
Best company I've worked for.
Other than a slightly poor salary
Fun place
THE BENEFITS!!!
40% off all food and drink, all the time.
Free tickets unlimited for yourself.
up to 3 tickets for friends per week.
work around any life things you have.
Pros
The benefits of the job
Cons
slightly poor salary
Ok. Standard cinema job
Projectionist (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 February 2018
Be prepared for long hours. Usually until 3am fri and sat with the occasional weds. Pretty basic role. Repetitive. Doesnt really push you intellectually.
Pros
Free films
great place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford26 January 2018
it great place to work. it leave you with great experience although the hours can be improved. overall i recommend you to go there as nice experience.
Good student job
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 January 2018
Fun place to work with because of your collegues where you also get free tickets and discounted food but there is a lot of favouritism when promotions are offered.
Ok i guess
Concessions Assistant (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2017
for the work done it doesnt pay very well and they give shifts on average around 4 hours long. this makes working there a challenge as 1 hour of work is normally how much it costs me to get there and back
Great Place To Work (Torbay)
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torbay10 December 2017
A typical day involves either cleaning and checking screens or serving customers on tills. It is a very easy and enjoyable job. Both the management and the team are really great. It makes working there fun and creates brilliant team work. The hardest part of the job is the sometimes rude customers but colleagues and management are always there to help and resolve the situation. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with so when it is busy and there are lots of people working there's a great atmosphere. It's the same with staff meetings, social events, christmas parties etc. There are also perks of having free tickets, early exclusive staff screens and discount on food and drinks. Brilliant place to work, the only reason most people leave is because it doesn't pay enough/there aren't enough hours.
Pros
Fun. Great Team. Free Tickets + Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours/Low Pay
overall tiring
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purley Way, Greater London8 December 2017
working within the cinema management require you to be flexible ie being able to clean, being able to be on till and serve customers, checking and re stocking stock . During busy times and when they are short staffed the pressure can be very overwhelming
Pros
free screening for yourself and limited tickets for friends and family each week
Don't work here
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire15 November 2017
If you want a healthy job/life balance this isn't the place
Management are terrible.
Really bad pay
Unsociable hours, can end up working until 3am
Christmas is a nightmare
Pros
n/a
Cons
unsociable hours bad pay
VUE PICCADILLY - 2years serving employee
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 November 2017
typical day at work .... Boring mornings picks ups during 5pm onwards

what i learned ... Nothing i already knew

Management ... Dis-jointed,Unorganised,Unfriendly,Rude,forgetful

workplace culture ... calm vibe easy going people, always new people because a lot of staff come and go very quickly.

the hardest part of the job .. is to put up with the team-leaders and managers attitude and poor lack of common sense. That being said its not rocket science its a very easy job selling popcorn and tickets.

most enjoyable part of the job ... not much to enjoy unless you have a day off and watch a free movie ;)
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London10 November 2017
Sending out reports
Reviewing P&L for line items
I have learned to communicate better in a work environment
Work place culture is a team environment
Have social team building events and team lunches
Good benifits but everything else pretty much sucks
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire22 October 2017
The free tickets and 40% discount was great. However management will take away the free tickets over the smallest mistake. Management are very unfair on staff. Issues such as bullying and favouritism is another big problem with management. The job it self isn't difficult however you are expected to do a lot for such little pay. Also if you are not liked by the management team they will literary find anything that give them grounds to fire you.

When my time there finished I tried leave on a good note and was very polite "thanks of letting me work here. It was good while it lasted." Just to find out the management still try blame me for external problem that happen to the cinema. I also don't feel like I get the same respect as other customers when I go to watch a movie. It's ridiculous.

So If you are going to work here. One piece of advice, DON'T. But if you do best of luck, really.

P.s. staff tend to be nice it is literally the management they are just the worst and because they've done it all before and got away with it there is nothing you can do.
Pros
Staff tickets and discount
Cons
Everything else
Bad company, bad management.
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough8 October 2017
I was treated badly by my mangers and told i was on a 12 hour contract, however, this was reduced to 4 without my awareness. I did not enjoy my time here.