Vue Cinema Employee Reviews

Not great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  customet service4 October 2018
Not the greatest job very tedious and annoying, not the best pay and management was a nightmare, people skills were low and not really a nice environment to flourish in.
Enjoyable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff23 September 2018
Vue Entertainment is part of Vue International - one of the world's leading cinema operators. My job roll as Customer Assistant was to provide a service point for film tickets, customer food and beverage orders whilst maintaining a clean work environment and operating an electronic till.

Lots of new people to meet, friendly work environment
Pros
Free films !
Cons
Long shift hours
All in a days work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London15 September 2018
Working at the Vue Cinema from a management prospective is great. Love theater so a bonus but I've learned to handle disgruntled customers. It is quite busy most days and we serve many customers. It is a good work environment. Management will work with you to get hours because there is always someone calling out so it is possible on occasion to get full time hours while being slated as part time. There are also opportunities for promotion to team lead.
Pros
Good team that I work with
Cons
Angry / hostile customers
faced paced student job
Sales assistant/cashier (Former Employee) –  Purley Way, Greater London13 September 2018
Salary is not so great, however you get great perks... free movies and a discount on food! the people are friendly and management is pretty laid back, but still do their job right.
good
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MS12 September 2018
The place in general to work, however some management are quite unfair with some staff members compared to others. The pay is not great for the different ages.
Not so good to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire11 September 2018
Average place to work which as its good and bad days. Some managers are ok but there is a couple that need to look at themselves first. Most colleagues are great to get on with but the training leaves a bit to be desired. Only a 4 hour contract that you can quite often do when it is quiet and national minimum wage coupled with getting next weeks rota with 48 hours notice means you have very little chance to plan family time. You may also get stand by shifts where you are expected to put everything on hold just in case you get an email to say that you are needed.

Overall not a very family friendly workplace
Pros
Staff perks
Cons
4 hr contract on minimum wage with no lifestyle
very flexible and great experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 August 2018
Very flexible hours and often able to help you accommodate shifts around other aspects of life. Also has great perks. was sad to leave this role. Could work 4 hours or 40 hours a week.
only for students
Customer service/sales assistant (Former Employee) –  West End, Greater London26 July 2018
Overall enjoyed my time here but had to move on.
Pay was abysmal and not in line with living wage considering the level of work you have to do if you are assigned Floor duty and the location if you are in central.
not late hour pay which is also a shame.
management are ok
Pros
free tickets
Cons
poor pay, poor team effort on floor, cleaning.
Busy, fun workplace
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester2 July 2018
My time at Vue Cinema was very enjoyable and I learned a lot. There were always things to be done which meant you were always busy, the other CA's were good fun and the managers were generally reasonable however sometimes requests for shifts were approved and then denied, which meant planning your life around shifts was very hard.
Pros
Free tickets and discount
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
friendly staff
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 July 2018
The workplace has friendly staff who always make you feel welcomed and there is a good structure to the management of the workplace. However, it can get busy at times especially in the evenings
Pros
unpaid lunch
Cons
free tickets

Want to know more about Vue Cinema?

Ask a question
Not bad for a first job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London29 June 2018
Pay is below average and managers can be disorganized. However overall its a decent job with new people coming in continuously so your bound to get along with someone. Free tickets are a good perk as well. Another negative though is you don't get paid for break.
Pros
Free Tickets
Cons
Can have very boring moments
Fun Workplace
Sales / Usher (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe25 June 2018
Always a laugh where possible. Amazing team that always helps out where possible. New people are eased into the job and shown the ropes in an easy environment.
Pros
Free Movies & 40% Off Concessions
Cons
Late Finishes
unenjoyable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley25 June 2018
i did not enjoy working at vue, although everyone was nice, it was the same everyday, the hours was long and it wasnt enjoyable. id finish at 2:45am and be called to come back at 10am the same day. even though i did used to agree to them hours it was draining
Pros
free films
Worst Place On Earth
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 June 2018
The worst humans I have ever come across call themselves managers at Vue. No sympathy towards staff and will do whatever it takes to make the job easier for themselves and harder for the work team. Seedy men who ogle the female members of staff because they've accomplished nothing else with their lives other than to fantasize about 20 year old woman when you are in your late 40's
Pros
Cons
everything
A job
Sales Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland24 May 2018
A typical day at work involves serving customers, selling popcorn; selling large combos is essential. The job is easy once you get used to it. Best part of the day is when it's time to go home.
Pros
Free Cinema Tickets.
Fun workplace
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough24 May 2018
Although this was only a part time job I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. My colleagues were a great group of people. Unfortunately my time there was brief having to relocate to Andover.
Pros
Free films
great Team great fun
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 May 2018
very enjoyable experience was welcomed with a great manager and lots of fantastic perks, especially if you are a film lover like me. loved working as part of this team
Fun workplace but not stable salary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London6 May 2018
I liked the job as it wasn't far to travel and I would regularly see people that I know and you would get a pretty good discount and free tickets but on the other hand there was a lot of people that worked there on a big rotation so your job wasn't always secure .
A great job!
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe1 May 2018
This was by far one of my favourite jobs paired with friendly staff would welcoming and always happy to help any new members to the team!. I was often praised during my shifts which gave me a much needed boost!
Alright
Customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Finchley Road18 April 2018
Jumping on tills, interacting with customers, rotating your position; so I would start of on the tills and work my way around the cinema until I finished on ticketing.
Pros
Free films
Cons
The equipment was old