Vue Cinema Employee Reviews

only for students
Customer service/sales assistant (Former Employee) –  West End, Greater London26 July 2018
Overall enjoyed my time here but had to move on.
Pay was abysmal and not in line with living wage considering the level of work you have to do if you are assigned Floor duty and the location if you are in central.
not late hour pay which is also a shame.
management are ok
Pros
free tickets
Cons
poor pay, poor team effort on floor, cleaning.
Busy, fun workplace
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester2 July 2018
My time at Vue Cinema was very enjoyable and I learned a lot. There were always things to be done which meant you were always busy, the other CA's were good fun and the managers were generally reasonable however sometimes requests for shifts were approved and then denied, which meant planning your life around shifts was very hard.
Pros
Free tickets and discount
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
friendly staff
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 July 2018
The workplace has friendly staff who always make you feel welcomed and there is a good structure to the management of the workplace. However, it can get busy at times especially in the evenings
Pros
unpaid lunch
Cons
free tickets
Not bad for a first job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London29 June 2018
Pay is below average and managers can be disorganized. However overall its a decent job with new people coming in continuously so your bound to get along with someone. Free tickets are a good perk as well. Another negative though is you don't get paid for break.
Pros
Free Tickets
Cons
Can have very boring moments
Fun Workplace
Sales / Usher (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe25 June 2018
Always a laugh where possible. Amazing team that always helps out where possible. New people are eased into the job and shown the ropes in an easy environment.
Pros
Free Movies & 40% Off Concessions
Cons
Late Finishes
unenjoyable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley25 June 2018
i did not enjoy working at vue, although everyone was nice, it was the same everyday, the hours was long and it wasnt enjoyable. id finish at 2:45am and be called to come back at 10am the same day. even though i did used to agree to them hours it was draining
Pros
free films
Worst Place On Earth
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 June 2018
The worst humans I have ever come across call themselves managers at Vue. No sympathy towards staff and will do whatever it takes to make the job easier for themselves and harder for the work team. Seedy men who ogle the female members of staff because they've accomplished nothing else with their lives other than to fantasize about 20 year old woman when you are in your late 40's
Pros
Cons
everything
A job
Sales Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland24 May 2018
A typical day at work involves serving customers, selling popcorn; selling large combos is essential. The job is easy once you get used to it. Best part of the day is when it's time to go home.
Pros
Free Cinema Tickets.
Fun workplace
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough24 May 2018
Although this was only a part time job I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. My colleagues were a great group of people. Unfortunately my time there was brief having to relocate to Andover.
Pros
Free films
great Team great fun
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 May 2018
very enjoyable experience was welcomed with a great manager and lots of fantastic perks, especially if you are a film lover like me. loved working as part of this team
Fun workplace but not stable salary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London6 May 2018
I liked the job as it wasn't far to travel and I would regularly see people that I know and you would get a pretty good discount and free tickets but on the other hand there was a lot of people that worked there on a big rotation so your job wasn't always secure .
A great job!
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe1 May 2018
This was by far one of my favourite jobs paired with friendly staff would welcoming and always happy to help any new members to the team!. I was often praised during my shifts which gave me a much needed boost!
Alright
Customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Finchley Road18 April 2018
Jumping on tills, interacting with customers, rotating your position; so I would start of on the tills and work my way around the cinema until I finished on ticketing.
Pros
Free films
Cons
The equipment was old
Great benefits, restrictive management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent26 March 2018
Must be emotionally stable to deal with tough customers, simple job easy when quiet.
Management struggle with flexibility when very busy, they are restricted from higher ups.
Culture can be good, but some staff are childish.
Best part of the job is the people as a whole and the benefits.
Worst part is the customer service side.
Build up for the real world 2.0
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire23 March 2018
I worked here during my university days and continued after dropping out. They can work your availability around your uni schedule/second job/ general life. Shifts starting as early as 8am for opening and finish 2-3am for closing, so plenty of time for a shift somewhere. 4-hour contract only, but they will give as many hours as requested (if possible, no guarantee), but aiming for more than 30 hours is unlikely.
The job can be hard to grasp, but easy-going once fully trained. Management are professional and caring for employees. The work is good for character and team building, with respect to customer service, dealing with challenging people whilst remaining professional.
Minimum wage pay (which isn't easy to live off in Cambridge), but the free films and 40% discount is a very good perk.
Pros
Free films, discount, training which can be used in future work. Professional management.
Cons
4-hour contract, minimum wage. Dealing with constantly complaining customers (not at Vue's fault).
sales advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fulham Broadway Station1 February 2018
Working at view was great. Cleaning screens and toilets all day while getting paid minimum wage was splendid. The uniform was the best, had to wear suit trousers and smart shoes.
easy and fast
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire31 January 2018
can be a good place to work but its always very early start time you may always be asked to work your days off the wages are really bad if your wanting to move to another site that maybe easy for yourself nothing really happends.
Pros
finish early
Cons
wages are bad
good place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside28 January 2018
pretty easy and everybody i worked with was sound.
main jobs are serving and cleaning and maintaining stock. the shift time are not to bad but some late nights.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
not many hours
simple
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol27 January 2018
it can be a physically demanding job but the pay and benifits make up fir it,whike i worked there it was a good team and the management team were flexible ti hours requests ans willing to take personal situations into accoun to a degree
its cool.
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge25 January 2018
easy job. cool management. really low pay. flexible hours. good if your in uni. Otherwise it doesnt really make sense.
The people that work there are really nice as well.