VSG Employee Reviews

Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth11 March 2018
The company is a disgrace. The pay was okay and they paid on time, management don’t care about the staff. If they want you to do overtime they will harass you twice a day every day until they get a response. They don’t listen to staff. Absolutely shocking company. I highly advise anyone seeking employment to avoid this company.
Pros
Decent pay and discount scheme
Cons
Poor management
too many hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 March 2018
good place to work and colleagues were awesome but towards the end I was doing almost 3oo hrs a month cos there weren't enough people to cover shifts.
Pros
people
Cons
hours and pay
Good company
Receptionist Controller (Current Employee) –  Warden13 February 2018
Authorise building security clearance and access control
Responsible for master keys and key register
Issuing of new employee passes

Offer a warm and genuine welcome to anyone visiting the office
Register guests in the diary
Contact hosts and ensure guests are collected in a timely manner
Work closely with the Executive Office
Maintain stationery stocks for the reception
Logging facilities requests through the relevant channel
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Shift
lovely place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley-by-Bow, Greater London11 February 2018
Nice place to work, lovely atmosphere, polite colleagues and management, mixed shifts 3 days 3 nights and 3 days off..every day new challenges with people on site
Terrible company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear5 February 2018
Manager's are hopeless, staff in office are absolutely rude. Wages are very low, deductions for breaks even though you don't actually get a break. Steer well clear of this bunch of charlatans
Cons
Great benefits, easy to use systems, great training and development opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North West12 January 2018
I've worked for several security companies in my years of security, and VSG are by far the best I have worked for so far. Never any issues with pay, I can use the portal to set my availability and request holidays, I can request training and create development plans. My managers are always open to lend an ear and always try to support as best they can. Some of the other officers can be hard to work with but it's the same anywhere. The company benefits is great, money off all sorts. I save hundreds off my family holiday last year!
Pros
Do what they can for their officers
Cons
Other officers can be hard work and stuck in their ways
Satisfactory
CONTROLLER, (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead6 January 2018
Team play was key and very critical to our daily operations, as I relied on every member of the team I assign to a role to perform for our overall success. As each role or assignment complements the other.
nice friendly staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 January 2018
Working for VSG was very good staff are very nice sites you work at are very friendly sites have all you need in there very clean gate houses hours are long and some times you have to work Christmas day and new years day but there well paid days all in all good to work for
Pros
nice place to work frendly staff
Cons
long hours and working christmas day
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset6 December 2017
Awfull management are terrible sometimes pay is wrong took one month to correct no one to talk to about stock ect 90% of the time then pay was not right about 4 or 5 times just a terrible company to work for
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Northampton8 November 2017
Good Company to work for as I went back again after moving back to Milton Keynes.

You are well looked after, and teams were great to work with.

Worked all aspects of Security with the company
Pros
Can go far
great employer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent30 October 2017
i have worked with this employer for over 5 years and have enjoyed the variety of work that they have given me, but would like to progress up the career ladder and this company have given me the opportunity to do so.
Pros
great employer
Cons
not enough work in Kent
Very bad...
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 October 2017
Thay are taking over prestige contracts by offering the most competetive prices and eventually turning them into a complete mess. Old fashioned cowboys are managing the business in Scotland who has no clue about business and employment relations.
Pros
*NATIONAL LIVING WAGE (mostly minimum wage)
Cons
*POOR MANAGEMENT (ex army, cops, bouncers etc)
Cctv operator (Current Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife5 October 2017
Good company to work for management are very helpful to assist with any problems would recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job and pleasant team
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Lots of empty promises
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Basildon28 September 2017
The company gives you lots of empty promises and fails to meet them, Not only that but they set their bar low and repeatedly attempt to even leave the ground.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Head Office
very bad
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 September 2017
no management contact and do not care about health and safety issues that are raised.
very unprofessional attitude towards security guards.
took me a year to sort out "tupe" requirements
maintenance and cleaning
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2017
Cleaning of windows, cleaning of service areas with water and chemical to eliminate odors of scabs and urine of people, help colleagues in cardboard recycling area, glass recycling, replenish and bring material storage necessary for cleaning, patrol inside Mall.
Pros
Breakfast time is good
Cons
Help is needed to maintain all clean area
Great place brilliant work mates.
Customer service co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 July 2017
I started at Freshney place shopping centre as a sub contracted guard,i was then offered a full time position and took it. i spent over 7.5 years progressing through the company to a supervisor and working along side my team of guards. I would love to go back and work here as my contract ended due to poor management decisions.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
Site Ai's
Probably the top security company to work for
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  160 Queen Victoria Street8 June 2017
I was employed by VSG as a corporate security receptionist at Queen Victoria Street. I have to says VSG has probably been one of the best security company I have ever worked for. The salary was adequate and it was paid always on time (unlike now non existing shield guarding). The team are all really nice chaps, management always on hand and very helpful. Our good team work was always recognised.
Pros
helpful and fast acting management
Worst place ive worked
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 June 2017
Terrible manager support no help at all with no support...Promises from management that didn't happen which intern put more preasure on me was a really stressfull place with a big turn over in staff
great place to work poor management and organisation.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire24 May 2017
i enjoed working at the location of Peterborough city hospital the people i worked with was great, the management was not so great things cause have been improved greatly the pay was minimal and the duties were ineffective the communication was poor.
Pros
contracted hours when being relief
Cons
long hours, little pay and not a good shift pattern