VSG Employee Reviews

The biggest joke of all security companies
Security Officer (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 October 2018
Poor pay poor management skills no respect for there staff company don't shine in my opinion "DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY" big turnover of staff would not recommend to a friend period
Pros
Cons
Long hours no respect for staff dont shine rubbish pay
Not bad, at least my place.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North West15 October 2018
I've been with them for 5 months now and can't really complain about them. Manager on my site is alright, leaving us to do the job, not interfering too much. Not heard anything from bigger bosses yet so not sure weather it's good or not really... Plenty of chances to do overtime if you are really interested and that's what I was looking for. And the only downside is a wage - minimum wage is a joke. If VSG was really trying to reward their staff then they should pay at least 8.50£/h. I'm sure they would still have loads of money left in their pockets.
Pros
Loads of overtime if you are interested.
Cons
Working for a minimum wage is actually a joke.
Security officer/ manager
Security Officer/ manager bolton heywood (Former Employee) –  Bolton/ heywood5 October 2018
Worked for vsg for over 5 years, top management don't listen just want bums on seats, don't speak out as it will cost you you're job as they won't back you up especially when people pull the race card... You're out on ure ear don't matter how hard or good you are. You are not even a number here. Be prepared and log everything you do as you will need it one day
Pros
Good guards if they dont stab you in the back
Cons
Long hrs for little pay and thanks
vsg day to day
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Slough24 September 2018
its like every job there is always ups and downs day to day.
would be nice if some management gave respect to others manly the one below them. but not all managers are the same. luckily I moved site. so no issues now.
Avoid like plague
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 September 2018
Poor or no management constantly called text or emailed on holiday. Even got called after finishing 12 night hour shift was asleep about 30 min and woke up with them asking to work 10 hour day shift. No matter how many times u book holidy in advance they still have issues covering ur shift and you either end up working or losing holiday pay as they write it down As did not show. Only good thing is other officers but they don't last. As VSG are terrable.
Pros
Leavin employment
Cons
I applyed in the first place.
interesting company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire20 July 2018
Every day is different. You learn a lot. You get to meet a variety of different people. You are expected to work both individually and as part of a team.
Your just a number
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk9 July 2018
Having worked for these clowns for 2 months it was time to move on
No communication at all by any management whatsoever to see how things are and how you are getting on in the job
They only ring you went they want something
Avoid at all costs
Pros
Left alone
Cons
No communication from management
disgrace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 June 2018
poorest of the poor.Dont get in with this company.No respect of any of their staff as long as they get their money they dont care.It dont even matter how long you have been with them,you are treated like nobody and they can get rid of you at any time
Pros
where cant even find any
Cons
cant even count
fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Harrogate25 May 2018
i was cleaning a shopping center , which included keeping the malls clean and tidy and cleaning the public toilets.I learnt how to use a compactor for the rubbish and a cardboard baler ,The hardest part of the job was the long hours that we sometimes had to work.
Pros
the job was close to home
Cons
Ever changing workload. Job security.
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire23 May 2018
Repetitive caseload and daily tasks. Individual team members managing their own roles supervised by a team leader. Daily KPI's and compliance to be strictly adhered too due to the nature of the contract and customers involved.
Pros
Managed your own caseload.
Cons
Strict compliance KPI's.
Long Hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gateshead15 May 2018
Long hours experienced when working in the security environment. the culture amongst colleagues was second to none and everyone was willing to help one another. Different challenges were always an issue when dealing with such a high profile location and security items.
Different ways of getting around security always being thought of and invented posed a day to day challenge and risk to your workload.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Unsteady shifts (vary from week to week at short notice)
Dont work for them
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire12 May 2018
If you want to wake up every morning before you go to work hating you're job then apply. Honestly hated every day so boring and full of BS pay was okay nothing special tho.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Constant BS
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth11 March 2018
The company is a disgrace. The pay was okay and they paid on time, management don’t care about the staff. If they want you to do overtime they will harass you twice a day every day until they get a response. They don’t listen to staff. Absolutely shocking company. I highly advise anyone seeking employment to avoid this company.
Pros
Decent pay and discount scheme
Cons
Poor management
too many hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 March 2018
good place to work and colleagues were awesome but towards the end I was doing almost 3oo hrs a month cos there weren't enough people to cover shifts.
Pros
people
Cons
hours and pay
Good company
Receptionist Controller (Current Employee) –  Warden13 February 2018
Authorise building security clearance and access control
Responsible for master keys and key register
Issuing of new employee passes

Offer a warm and genuine welcome to anyone visiting the office
Register guests in the diary
Contact hosts and ensure guests are collected in a timely manner
Work closely with the Executive Office
Maintain stationery stocks for the reception
Logging facilities requests through the relevant channel
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Shift
lovely place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley-by-Bow, Greater London11 February 2018
Nice place to work, lovely atmosphere, polite colleagues and management, mixed shifts 3 days 3 nights and 3 days off..every day new challenges with people on site
Terrible company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear5 February 2018
Manager's are hopeless, staff in office are absolutely rude. Wages are very low, deductions for breaks even though you don't actually get a break. Steer well clear of this bunch of charlatans
Cons
A small number in a big machine
Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 February 2018
Worked for vsg as a cover guard for over 7years on multiple sites.
Pros:
Always work available if you're willing to travel,
Some sites close to home,
Double time on bank holidays,
Online portal,
Gain security experience in retail.

Cons:
Univiting and backstabbing core officers,
Hostile environment,
Pay sometimes missing,
Uniform takes too long to arrive...had to buy own,
Nightshifts paid at same rate as day,
Not respected or appreciated just a body on site to be used,
Maximum stress....will eventually make you stressed,paranoid, aggressive and even depressed,
Monitored and mocked on CCTV and behind your back by co-workers & management staff,
Disturbed by control on your rest day via phone.
Added duties to shift routine some wasn't part of security job description....like cleaning duties......

I'd only recommend working for this company if you can get a local site otherwise the bad outweighs the good in my opinion.

Avoid the heartache and hassle and keep job hunting,
I genuinely worked at about two sites that was bearable the other sites was aweful at best.... constantly walking on eggshells in a toxic workplace, co-workers was backbiting and team morale was low.
Pros
Leaving not to return
Cons
Joining and being exploited
Great benefits, easy to use systems, great training and development opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North West12 January 2018
I've worked for several security companies in my years of security, and VSG are by far the best I have worked for so far. Never any issues with pay, I can use the portal to set my availability and request holidays, I can request training and create development plans. My managers are always open to lend an ear and always try to support as best they can. Some of the other officers can be hard to work with but it's the same anywhere. The company benefits is great, money off all sorts. I save hundreds off my family holiday last year!
Pros
Do what they can for their officers
Cons
Other officers can be hard work and stuck in their ways
Satisfactory
CONTROLLER, (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead6 January 2018
Team play was key and very critical to our daily operations, as I relied on every member of the team I assign to a role to perform for our overall success. As each role or assignment complements the other.