Voyage Care
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Voyage Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom631 reviews
Featured review
Voyage Care selected this as a representative review
Wonderful company to work for
I am a dca support worker. Amazing relationships between staff and service users. Always support on hand when you need it. It's more like one big family. I have been with voyage care since december 2019, and I can honestly say I am extremely happy in the job role I have. You are always supported and appreciated even for the littlest of things. I love all our service users and management alike.
5 May 2020
It's so lovely to read you're enjoying working for Voyage Care and feel supported in your role.
Avoid!!!
The area manager was a bully. Wasn’t happy if you weren’t prepared to leave your young children at home crying while you were working every hour god sent. If your face doesn’t fit they will push you to your absolute limit until you leave or they set you up for suspension. All they care about is money Don’t waste 12 months of your life there like I did. It’s not worth your mental health. The company put my anxiety through the roof. I struggled to sleep and I had no proper direction with training. The whole company is full of mind games.
Temporary employment
I worked here on a temporary contract and have to say I have loved every minute of being there. The staff are wonderful and helpful they really helped me settle in, especially as I have not been trained in adult care. I would recommend voyage to anyone as it’s been great working with a great team. Management extremely helpful. The residents are amazing they make you smile each day caring for them. Thank you
Hideous company
Worked for voyage for many years, great SU, poor managers, staff not supported / valued. Will employ any clown. Staff are just a number unfortunately.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor pay, poor management / staff
27 May 2020
We're worried with the comments made in your review and would like to investigate. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to complaints@voyagecare.com.
Avoid run you to the ground
No respect for staff . All about money money money . Constant messing about with rotas / changes , expected work long shifts often with out breaks .shifts dropped without any communication with staff over this .Lone working , staff shortages . But all they care about is there profit ...avoid if I were you and go to an alternative company .
27 May 2020
We're concerned with the comments made in your review and would like to know more. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to complaints@voyagecare.com.
I work part time nights around my family . Every shift at work is different and what I have learnt in my training I can apply to my everyday life which is extremely useful
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's lovely to read you found our training useful.
Bad company to work for
Bad company to work for they give no training bad communication no uniform no support when you really need it a lot of false promises it's all about the money not the client
18 May 2020
We're concerned with the comments made in your review and would like to know more to investigate. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to complaints@voyagecare.com
disgusting management
disgraceful place to work senior management bully managers, the senior terrorised staff. expected to run yourself into the ground because senior management won't use agency staff and when complaints are raised nothing happens
Pros
people we supported
Cons
senior management
18 May 2020
We're extremely concerned with the comments made in your review and would like to investigate. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.
i like working in Voyage, because I have empathy for disabled people.
i learn how to work alone in a difficult situation and in a team, I do learn how to calm down aggressive services user and how to reassure the confused service users.
13 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read you have been able to learn and develop in your role.
staff shortages, stressful little support
As a support worker I felt supported in 2014 but over the years and w promotions later the working hours and stress were unacceptable having to cover shifts when already worked long hours sometimes working 70+ hours a week and some unpaid in order to catch up with admin lack of support but this was due to higher management also being snowed under
no work life balance

When I first started in 2014 it felt very much person centred for staff and the individuals we supported when I left, it felt like we were machines and the company had changed from person centred to corporate with no concern for people
13 May 2020
We're concerned with some of the comments made in your review and would like to find out more to make necessary changes. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com. We work extremely hard to provide exceptional person-centred care and support whilst sustaining commercial success and ensure the people we support are at the centre of everything we do.
Fun place with right team
I enjoyed the job and working with the people I was supporting seeing that they had a good life and were healthy and happy. You can do your nvq and learn loads by doing modules but not much time so most of it has to be done at home.. not much prise from head office or management.
12 May 2020
Thank you for leaving us a review. It's lovely to read you found the role rewarding.
great job good team the satifaction of helping others is good lovley place choice of shift patterens just need to ask management we have a house cat as a pet so hope you like cats
Pros
you benifit from seeing some one grow to live there own life
Cons
okay
7 May 2020
It's lovely to read of your experience with Voyage Care and we agree it's so rewarding seeing the people we support grow and develop to live independent lives.
avoid
just not a nice place to work at all nothing is taken seriously in this place. The hours are not too good if you have other commitments and the pay is not for either. You are promised the world at the interview process but soon changeswhen you accept job offer wish i would of not bothered
7 May 2020
We're concerned with the comments made in your review and would like to know more so that we can help. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.
Fair place to work
From the interview to induction to starting I felt valued and involved in every aspect.
My ideas are listened to and acknowledged.

The people I work with are great and the different tasks with them especially during the lock down keep them motivated.
5 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's lovely to read you're enjoying working for Voyage Care.
Do not apply ever !!!
Every part of the voyager care is shocking
The lies, HR the management

I feel like taking my life on a regular basis

Please don’t feel they way I do
5 May 2020
We're extremely concerned with the comments made in your review and would really like to understand how we can help. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.
Disgusting management
Absolutely disappointing company to work for, management are disrespectful, rude, arrogant, swearing at you, frauding mar charts (signing someone else initials when not even on shift) dragging residents, pay is down right disgusting, paper work ain't correct, support plans being updated but put into other residents when it's not theirs, no breaks what's so ever even on a 15 hour shift, only good thing are the residents.
4 May 2020
We’re concerned with the points made in your review and will need to investigate this further. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.
Absolutely horrendous company!
I worked for a home in Burton, Branston to be precise! Where do I even start! The level of compassion for the people supported is absolutely shocking! The lack of personal care is sad, a quick bath, no hair/nail care, no shaving, incontinence unmanaged. The people supported have no in house activities and are left to their own devices for most of the day. Staff are more interested in socialising amongs them selves and causing unnecessary drama than supporting the people they are paid to support!
The cleanliness of the home is to be desired! Absolute state!

The manager. I honestly don’t know what to say, hides away up in her office with absolute no people skills what’s so ever!

Is completely ignorant out of choice to the BULLYING that takes place within her service all so her manager doesn’t realise she’s actually incompetent at her job!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!
Pros
People supported are absolutely amazing.
Cons
Incompetent manager.
4 May 2020
We’re extremely concerned with the comments made in your review. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com so that we can investigate this.
Company dont value staff
I have been with Voyage care for almost 2 years now. The people we support are lovely and they make the job worth it but the management are no good and so is the pay. Staffs not valued at all.
4 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's lovely to read your comments about the people we support. The social care sector in general is underfunded and we aren't always able to do all we want when it comes to pay. We try our best to support our staff with excellent benefits such as funded DBS checks, paid during training and rewards scheme.
Relaxed and informal
In the supported living environment, my skills were utilised in supporting service users to live a meaningful life. Engagement and encouragement is encouraged
1 May 2020
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
Avoid like the plague
Worst place I have ever worked in my entire life. Voyage care will make you feel miserable and depressed. I have already whistle blown once for Lorenzo Drive, some good come of it but there are still significant problems that I doubt will ever be resolved. Incompetent staff, no training, low pay, unsociable hours, no team moral, no praise off management, staff not working together and to top it off the management will treat you like something they have stepped in. Very glad I am out of there, stay away for your own sanity
29 April 2020
We’re sorry to read of your experience with Voyage Care. We will need to investigate the comments made in your review please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.
Not great
I have been working for Voyage for quite some time now. Very unreliable, no support from management, things get swept under the rug all the time, low salary. No opportunities to progress in the company at all. Staff work crazy hours and no appreciation shown from management.
No real benefits and bad pay.

The best thing about the company is that they have some great people we support.
Pros
the people we support
Cons
everything else
29 April 2020
We're concerned with the comments made in your review. Please get in touch with us so that we can investigate. The contact email address is complaints@voyagecare.com. We agree that the social care sector is underfunded and we aren't always able to do all we want when it comes pay. However we try our best offer excellent benefits such as funded DBS checks, pay during training, reward scheme and much more.