Voyage Care Employee Reviews

Would avoid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire14 January 2019
I only worked here for a short period , due to how the staff treated me and how i felt they ignored the vulnerable adults they were meant to be supporting. Some of the residents got called liars daily and it was very obvious from my first day that the staff had there favorite residents. Most of the time staff sat around on their mobile phones and joked about there sex lives. The residents get ignored and get given false information. Management is dreadful and doesn't take you seriously unless you are part of the already build friendship group. I would never work for this company again or recommend it to anyone.Working here actually caused a dramatic decline in my mental health.
Pros
The residents are lovely
Cons
Everything else
All descent people stay away
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2019
There is a institutional bullying Culture running through the company. There is no support for staff what so ever. If you have any concerns or issues with management or staff , don't expect any resolutions. Management thrive on having a division between staff. Hostile working condition, working long hours and no breaks, not even 15 minutes, so you can work 16 hours and throughout the day you can just about go to the toilet. .Alot of Staff fear of repercussions if they speak up on major issues. Cultural racism is also encouraged . Team work is a thing that is not promoted. Voyage Care is all about looking good on Paper and by that I mean by ticking boxes. Management pile on the workload on staff whilst they do not play an active role, and support their staff. Staff are pushed to the brink of tears and frustration. Alot of stressed out work colleagues. Friends are hired and are encouraged to tell management if there are any disgruntled staff and communicate whats being said ! The pay is degrading for what the job entails.
Hospital appointments, administering medication,Gp , Dentist appointments. Personal Care, Food shopping, Cleaning alot of cleaning, laundry , cooking . Paperwork that is beyond a joke, I mean alot of paperwork. Activities, which some staff find challenging, due to their age and abilities. Some staff are just lazy and they get away with alot as they are " The teachers Pet!" Staff are belittled and spoken to in a derogatory way and tone. This is not the company to work for if you have no back bone. They will make mince meat out of you. I thank God I was raised
  more... by a strong women and refuse to be a victim to a bully. Free breakfast, lunch , dinner, lets talk about that. There's just about enough food bought for the residents, let alone the staff, just to get a bonus by going under the budget by management! The foods that are bought are budget value, which is ok in moderation, their is no choice of quality as the residents do not know the difference and could not converse what brands they would like.! If you do not eat or aren't use to the foods on the menue, in some homes, you are told you cannot bring in your own food whether you have any underlying health issues! ie diabetic.. Staff are too afraid to challenge management on this for not being giving shifts. I'm thankful that this is not in our home that I worked in , but it's going on to date in another home. There's a pass the buck mentality from management if anything goes wrong, no support, just throw staff under the bus. Staff who are not British are victimised beyond a joke and bullied daily where I worked. Stay away modern day slavery with pittance of a wage. Continuous staff shortage to save money and for management to get their yearly bonus. The only thing that bumps up your pay is doing a sleepin, the pay would be diabolical without that.
I was trying to get out of the job 2 months after starting to work for the company ! The job market is terrible now and due to my age , I couldn't just leave a job to go to nothing secure. If you are a caring and a supportive person and expect team work from Upper management straight down the board, this is not the company to work for. No room from progression especially if you are a person who challenges the ethics in Voyage care. If you want stress and no Support and a bullying culture Come aboard!
Pros
Supporting the residence seeing them happy
Cons
Institutional bullying, exhausting tasks, low pay, no breaks
Great atmosphere in the workplace
Senior Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire5 January 2019
Company with great visions and lots of opportunities for experience. Great relationships with colleagues which makes work more enjoyable.
Support and training available.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
High workload and high staff turnover
The worst company I have ever worked for!!!!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire5 January 2019
Voyage Care are quite honestly the worst company I have ever worked for, I worked for some pretty rotten companies.

All the problems start with management and filtered down through the staff. There is no discipline from the management, they all seem to look as if they are busy and professional but underneath they are probably the most unprofessional out of everybody. The team leader in my home is constantly causing trouble as they so we want to keep control and not let anybody think for themselves. I have no work life balance because I the Rota is not in advance at all, the earliest I’ve ever got it it was a week before the month begins therefore I cannot plan anything in advance with my family. When I bring this up with management it just gets shrugged off. And is supported living and not care the residents should have their own choices and have capacity although we are all expected to ignore that when it suits the company.

The staff are shocking and I have been to management a number of times complaining about staff conduct and staff doing things that are completely against the law such as manhandling residence without any moving and handling training whatsoever. Down to the lack of training that the company provide and they expect you to hit the ground running whether you got the knowledge or skills to do so or not. Medication errors are a regular thing but are also swept under the carpet as to save paperwork. I have tried to put staff members right as I do have experience in care but just get shouted or moaned at for trying to help. Confidential documents
  more... are left out on the side and even when they are in the cupboard, the cupboard is not locked and anybody could get in to read them. Staff it around and constantly moan about the job, about each other, and discuss other staff members personal lives in front of the residents which is completely unprofessional and also gets me down. I described the place recently as poison, you don’t realise it’s draining the life out of you until one day you find yourself going home crying and don’t wanna speak to anybody and then realise that this has been happening for a while.  less
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Unprofessional staff and managers, Long hours for little pay or respect.
Challenging at times, management could be a lot better.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port30 December 2018
I enjoy working for voyage but there aren't enough support workers for the company based where I work. Management could be better. Also can't really plan anything as I'm always getting my Rota last minute.
do not work for voyage
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire26 December 2018
poor manager, does not keep things confidential.
managers are friends outside of work
no home life, always expected to work 60+ hrs
never appreciated.
Pros
people we support
Cons
long hours, not appreciated, back stabbing managers, understaffed
Not good
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire15 December 2018
Would not go there if my life depend on it
No proper management very poor
Only there for a week it's like a sinking ship
Unorganized company I st day was waiting for hours to be seen
Truly horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northallerton, North Yorkshire12 December 2018
DO NOT GO WORK FOR VOYAGE CARE

There is nothing enjoyable at this job. Trust me, there are small cliques already formed and if you are not considered good enough to be a part of it, you will be ignored.
My "colleagues" played on their phones but always seemed to know they looked busy when they were expecting visitors.
This job made me have mental health problems. I suffer from severe anxiety which I did not have before.
There is no training. They shove you in to get "first hand experience" with no medical training... just awful.
I only lasted 4 daysa before they got rid of me because I dared to speak up. Their excuse to get rid of me was "you seem too overwhelmed".
Do not work here, please!
Cooperate
Senior Support Worker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Headley Down, UK9 December 2018
They don’t care about the staff, it’s just a business. The staff themselves are generally caring individuals but they’re a number, the clients with less money are also pushed aside.
Pros
The clients are amazing.
Cons
You’re a nobody
Awful Company
Staff (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton9 December 2018
Such a shame that cliques are formed in senior teams, Managers allowed to get away with bullying, and being hostile to staff.
Horrible company..DO NOT WORK THERE
Think carefully before applying
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge2 December 2018
Never enough staff to cover shifts, so many staff leaving, not the best place to work, hourly rate bad for all the responsibilities taken on, some people earn more stacking shelves in a supermarket !!!!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bad rate of pay
Never work here terrible
Support (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent16 November 2018
Management non existent, left to run on own from start. No back up even when safety issues like knives swords on site from service user multiple boyfriends. No care from group is person goes missing it ok no level of responsibility from the group. Wages not paid had to fight for this, then paid short and no breakdown provided. Wouldn't let them look after any of my family or friends, even someone I dislike as there is no care or love they can't be bothered, and people who do care they treat badly Worse care company ever, avoid
Pros
Cons
Loads, long hours, no support, no care, no wages, short pay, treated badly
Not very good
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire14 November 2018
Left due to the manger being unprofessional and rude and come across very nasty. Staff were ok i suppose. Shift times was absolutely horrible and the hourly rate wasn’t worth for that you was coming in for. Waste of time applying for a job where you’re made to feel so
Cons
Residents are friends for life... management is horrendous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset12 November 2018
I love the residents to pieces but the management is awful. Ended up leaving due to poor mental health caused by the stress and judgment I was constantly under
Only work with voyage if you want to risk your own health
Pros
Residents
Cons
Mental health. Management. Salary
great team members but rubbish management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire5 November 2018
Very long hours not enough staff to cover all of the support needed so lots of agency usage

Wages are not great for what you are expected to do

Can be a stressful job at times but very rewarding
Pros
the service users
Cons
long hours and lack of staff
Rewarding and making a difference
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands19 October 2018
Supporting very vulnerable people and able to make a massive difference to their lives every day. Days can be very rewarding activities like bowling,going shopping, eating out and you get to care for and work with some wonderful people.

When you make a connection with someone it's just the best feeling ever.
Pros
Lots of activities - day flies by
Cons
Money could be better
Grate rewarding job
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Dca Somerset and devon12 October 2018
A days work is rewarding knowing that you have helped someone else achieve something different is the best thing to see them enjoying life .yes somedays can be a tad challenging but you have great support from the great staff and management. i have learned a lot through training and looking forward to learning more. staff are great to work with and pws are a pleasure to care for.
love the staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire11 October 2018
a lot of had work, and long hours, but with the right staff team, the day runs smoothly, fun environment, not everyday is the same, staff tackle issues as a team
Unprofessional Management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire8 October 2018
Terrible treatment from managers-very unprofessional
No confidentiality
Too much responsibility for very little wages
Lack of respect
Poor communication
Cons
Management, poorly treated, no work/life balance, no chance for progression
Bully’s
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  DCA3 October 2018
The management and want to be management is disgusting,make you feel like your a naughty child !! ..Put off being a support worker forever!!
If your not hanging out off the managements bottom you’ve had it ..
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voyage Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9