Volvo

Volvo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom94 reviews
Excellent company
A varied & interesting job with excellent training & potential for advancing. Both field & workshop based with excellent support network & excellent training when required or asked for.
Pros
Varied interesting work.
Cons
Good company to work for
Good company to work for with good benefits. Friendly people. Happy environment. Great management support. Equal opportunities. Great place to work for.
Very rewarding
I had a great time with volvo, really enjoyed the experience and the money was very much appreciated the team I worked with were very helpful and very efficient I made a lot of money in commission with this team
Fast paced but enjoyable
The management are as supportive as they can be, and the people are amazing.
The work is fast paced and sometimes demanding, but this is nothing when put against the overall positive environment you work withing.
Challenging & rewarding
Managing line mangers & staff to deliver support, parts & labour sale target & providing a service to customers for maintenance, repairs & breakdowns.
fun workplace
kind staff, helped me learn new things. Learn how cars need to be shown properly at the dealership, learnt how all departments are linked for example accounting with sales.
Good Culture
The culture of the workplace is excellent. Encourages creativity and management appear to care about employees. Limited scope for progression in my department.
Fast paced, good hours
I found that the Workers and supervision were good to work with, the hours were good 7am - 3.30pm mon-thu and away early on a friday. Money could be a little better but all in not a bad place to work.
Not a good place to work for
My daily job was to take calls and solve daily issues related to breakdowns on the side of the road, the job itself was not bad, even though it can get quite stressful in the winter period since there are more calls and more vehicles are having issues. The negative part of this job is that there is absolutely no chance to progress, so either you stay there forever taking calls or you leave. The management is absolutely incompetent and not able to solve issues within the teams. Moreover there is no equality between employees, since some of them can do whatever they like and others can't. If you're moving from one other country to work there, it's not worth it at all! The only positive side is the salary, which is high considering that the Rugby is not too expensive.
Excellent to work for
Would love to work for again great place great people and the company dose really car about there workers and there family's all the time and nothing is to much for them
great place to work
great place to work, great brand, good customers. staff are very skilled and loyal to the brand . new cars with a great future ahead of it. always their to help.
Great company
Great company, kind people and good atmosphere.

Management needs to be improved and workload needs to be balanced but overall a good sucessfull company.
Just a really lovely place to work
Working here was an absolute dream. I was given excellent training, wonderful ongoing support. Everyone was incredibly friendly. The equipment and office were lovely. Highly recommended.
Global team family feel
The Volvo Group is a company with great products and brands and I have found most leaders are passionate about their work and are trusting. The culture is one of a professional family and you will feel the Swedish influence particularly when it comes to coffee and cake time. Also you have a global team with support form your colleagues in other countries which allows you to feel part of something bigger. It's easy to feel proud of working for Volvo. I work with all brands and they each have individual ways of working which can be challenging but makes them unique. I have been able to implement a lot of my own ideas and I'm trusted to manage my area and provide the best service to the business.
Team and staff
The product was and is great unfortunately the way the business was run was appalling, not something I like to see.

It still looks run down having past by a few weeks ago.
The guys were good at their jobs
My day at work was laid out with the option for change due to customer requirements.Self taught on the in-house computer system.Management in my department were questionable,neither could do my job.The culture was archaic,Volvo took over from Terex but forgot to replace the management which in my mind was a fatal error.The hardest part of the job was having people who have worked there all their life and think they know it all(because they know nothing else).The best part of the job was acclaim from customers because we did better than expected.
Productive and actively kept involved
A day at work was fairly planned efficiently and effectively to complete tasks on time.
Learnt how to produce financial reports and meet deadlines, through planning.

Very diverse and culturally versatile.

Hardest part of the job was month end tasks having to be completed all at once.

The team I had worked in were considerate and understanding.
Training will make it or break it
As a whole, the company is decent to work for; decent values and goals. I suppose sales are always the department that get all the fun and action of trying new cars and take them home.
However, training is the biggest problem. Service management was, quite frankly, decent for the first two weeks, however, the job entails so much to learn and do and the training deadline is just not realistic enough. i would most certainly be careful of other staff members that will make it hard for you on purpose. That’s the biggest contributor to people leaving.
Pros
Cars, wages
Cons
Long hours, not a lot of breaks, favouritism
Official response from Volvo
26 September 2019
This review is for Volvo Cars, not Volvo Group they are separate companies
Great family feeling from a global employer!
The Volvo group is one of the best employers in the world, and VGUK is no exception. Great family feel, fantastic products and a great place to create a life long career. As most global companies, there can be issues with systems and processes, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Pros
Cons
Systems
Great culture, Great company
What makes the Volvo Group a great company to work for is primarily its work environment and diverse culture (Swedish & French).
The head office in Warwick is welcoming, well maintained, light and airy with a nice restaurant, gym facilities and free parking.

Career advancement is good if you are willing to put the effort in and show commitment. Whilst the company is fairly big, employees are treated with respect. The company encourages a good level of work/life balance.
productive
1) Secretarial Work, answering calls
2) Management skills

3) Direct work with director

4) Happy

5) In a cold office and work shop

6) Going home from office
Pros
nice team
Cons
cold office