Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Volt:

Volt Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
My work experience there were at times fun but overall it was more productive than fun due to my boss always wanting the work experience people to do good in the work force and not to talk a lot to the other people there.
Pros
suitable long lunch breaks.
Cons
boss was pushing us.
Started off very happy but this slowly deteriorated over time, the team I work with have kept me in the company far longer than I should have been there.
Atypical day would be calling on Consultants,Data Centers,New Build sites and Contractors, what i learn was the ability to sell services and
Asset management.
I gained great experience and worked with good staff. I had the ability to be creative and gain knowledge in the industry. I enjoyed the flexibility of the job.
all employees were great to work with and I worked with a client NCR which was great always made me feel part of the NCR team, on a day to day basis the company left you to get on with your own work which I really did like.
Pros
great company
Cons
head office based in london didnt get to visit as much as i would like
Relaxed and easy going.
All aspects of stores work and coming out of the box to learn how to produce purchase orders and ordering parts from schneidr electric france,taking charge with multi million pound orders picking parts and ordering of transport loading of transport corrrect paperwork and despaching transport.

Fair and helpful.

Good team.

Easy going.

All aspects of the job.
Pros
Easy going no blame culture.
Cons
Temporary contract to cover Christmas period, duties as required on a day to day basis covering all aspects of warehouse work.
Pros
good hours, local
Cons
hourly rate
Short team contract. Nice place work within a small team who supported each other. Learnt new skills with the support of my manager.
Cons
Travelling
My job was to wiring panels wyskokiego napiecia.praca good but little pay, a mile and ripped the team working there, basically I'm happy but little paid work
Since Working at Schneider I have been heavily invested from a training and coaching.
There is always something to new to learn and a new changing product, solution or service that we can do better or is not thought of.

I have been allowed to be tenacious and ambitious with regards to the Global Marketing process to evolve the tolls and systems involved. To train and engage with all areas of the business from global operations through to external sales.

To have multiple targets and ever evolving strategies and KPI's for varying products ,offers and solutions.
Pros
Vast career opportunities internationally
Cons
Large and impersonal corporate company
Similar to Parmley Graham taking sales enquiries and following up quotation, liaising wit suppliers, speaking to clients any major project opportunities and general admin duties.
Learnt that be focus and have the determination and drive to succeed the challenges.

Excellent management and co working, very friendly environment and helpful.

The hardest part of job is to deliver daily sales target and to follow up quotation.

The most enjoyable part of this job is winning the sales and enjoyable co-worker.
Pros
ripetitive role
Cons
short lunch break
Not a good company, not for the individual, not for your training or development. Overall very poor - stay away.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Asset strippers
Not very kind to anyone, only want to buy and then close small company's. Management will act like a white board and forget all the hard work and human beings obtained.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Non human management.
This used to be a fairly happy place to work, however the current management are doing their utmost to turn it into an environment where no employee can feel that their job is secure if even the slightest misdemeanor is committed.
They are totally paranoid that even the slightest transgression by any employee will lead to a complete retraction of work by their only customer in Scotland, that the sternest disciplinary measures are meted out where, in fact, a verbal warning or even a word in the offender's ear would be sufficient to ensure that the situation would never arise again.

These individuals in management are ruining what would otherwise be a great job with this attitude.

Most co-workers are gentlemen of the highest regard, who would not hesitate to assist a colleague who was struggling.
Pros
Good pay and sickness, pension conditions
Cons
This was my first office job where I learned basic computer skills and how to answer a busy telephone line, manage stationary stock and outgoing post
Very good employer willing to listen and action sadly let down by poor middle management and NO career advancement or training
Pros
good employer
Cons
no career progression/training