Volkswagen Financial Services UK

Volkswagen Financial Services UK Employee Reviews

Be wary, I was swayed by the salary and benefits but on getting there, felt like I'd gone back 20 years when I worked in a supermarket! Management and culture at VWFS UK was like nothing I had ever experienced. Feedback was inconsistent, one minute your told your doing a great job by the business then told later by my management that could have done better (in the same situation)! Blame culture rather then one of recognition. If your built to work in a dog eat dog work place then this maybe the right place for you. Note, worked with some very good peers who all seem to be feeling they way I did when I was at employment there.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Culture/Management/Inconsistent Feedback/Hierarchical
Excellent employer, great benefits and working environment, Very collaborative and open employer. Very good opportunities for career and personal development, with great flexibility around the invdividual and their circumstances.
All colleagues are approachable and easy to talk to. As with every company there are some harder process’ but if everything was easy it wouldn’t be fun!
OMG where do I start .. I went to VWFS thinking I had landed an amazing opportunity but was constantly going home an emotional wreck with 0 support ... there are some lovely seniors but there are a couple that also offer 0 support and make you feel so stupid for asking questions! Targets are their top priority not their staff And you are micromanaged which I was never made aware before starting and I never want to be micromanaged ever again.
no job culture management do not care about your needs the job itself is mind numbing and you won't be given better work to do unless you brown nose the brown nosers
Pros
company car
Cons
dire job
The company's benefits are positive and the offices are nice. Those unfortunately are the only two nice things I have to say about my time with VWFS UK. If you're a highly ambitious individual who wants to work in an inspiring environment and have a forward thinking attitude, this may not be the company for you. It has a very old-school management style, where you must not challenge what management says and has a finger-pointing attitude. Flexi-time is frowned upon - even if it is a simple start an hour early / finish hour early request. Toilet breaks are monitored and your time on-screen is also monitored - these amongst other events of this nature are discussed on your 1-1 with your manager. Overall, I would describe it as a highly demotivating environment and would not recommend it to any of my friends / family.
Volkswagen has some perks but overall isnt great. a typical day at work includes being isolated, not being able to communicate with other employees, looking at the same documents every day. there is no training or progression available
Pros
lunch breaks, rate of pay
Cons
long hours, weekends, unsociable hours
This was agreat opportunity for when I arrived back from Australia and just before I started my final year of university. Gave me a good insight into working for a corportae company