Play YouTube video button
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Vodafone Employee Reviews

United Kingdom947 reviews
Hard work but challenging and mostly rewarding
Loved working there and was made redundant which was really a disappointment as I was wanting a career for a longer time. Our whole office faced redundancy
Bad experience
I’ve not enjoyed any of it. Coming from a competitor that I loved working for and years of experience, I’m qualified to say there’s a better way of doing things. It’s an old fashioned, top down, aggressive and antiquated company
Pros
Good staff discount perks
Cons
Toxic company culture, poor leadership, aggressive ethos, bad work life balance, minimal support, disorganised, no regard for staff wellbeing, unrealistic expectations, poor communication
Working
Working at vodafone was an experience in its self i loved every minute of it. However the business customers are demanding and once managers changed it got worse sk i left at the right time.
Scrum Master
Responsible for implementing the Agile framework across 12 teams to deliver the migration to Google.

Vodafone is a great place to work and the culture is very supportive of implementing new ways of working.
Productive workplace
Vodafone is a great place to work, everyone wants the best for you in terms of career growth. Friendly environment with good atmosphere around. Networking is key in Vodafone.
I worked through Blue Arrow, therefore, I was conscious that I had to perform well in order to become a permanent employee. Even though it was a very sales orientated environment, it was friendly and supportive.
Good People to work with
Good team of people to work with, if you have a good team itmakes the job more enjoyable. I have enjoyed my time working at Vodafone but I feel a new challenge is required
You get out what you put in
Working at Vodafone, your success all depends on how willing you are to go above and beyond your daily role.

It is a very relaxed working culture, but as with any job, sometimes things can get a bit stressful if you are facing high workloads.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship I can build with my customers as I am based full time on their premises,working side by side to support and their mobile and fixed line products.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vodafone?
Productive and fun work place
Amazing Job with a very comfortable working environment embedded. the training was great, the benefits of being a staff member care excellent and the support is great
Productive, Fast-Paced and Enjoyable Atmosphere
Typically you can start and end your day whenever you want, within reason, provided you attend any meetings set up and get your work done.

Definitely a fast-paced environemnt, you can expect to be moved from one project to the next every 6 months or so.

The workplace culture is fantastic, really does a good job of finding a balance between work and life. But also providing a safe and fun place to work, with no strict rules on how you should act or behave, just be kind to other employees.
sales orientated
I would say high tier management need to listen and action views of shop floor staff. A better shop floor structure needs to be implemented. Too many systems to learn which are not straight forward especially for new starters and a better bonus scheme.
Management are bullies!
bully environment, they get you to miss sell items and contracts to the customers which they do not need only care about sales, if your a young lass dont even bother working here they will make you clean the toilets and their dishes hoover up your literally their house maid then complain when you dont get the sales because your taken off shop floor. Disgusting name calling by other staff members only been there 3 months and they think its okay to put someone down due to appearance. Management will talk horrible things about you and tell other employees not to speak to you whilst they are in groups discussing things not work related . Tried to stand up for myself about the bullying got sacked ! NOTHING IS PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL! your made to do alot of work and left alone most times. If you do work here make sure you know what your doing so you dont need to ask help otherwise they will talk down on you and make you feel like an idiot very patronising and highschool like atmosphere! If scored low on mystery shop the management will make you feel isolated from the team and blame everything on you would not even recommend working here its soul draining!
Pros
Non bully management, rip old people off, Miss sell contacts and sack you if you dont do it
Cons
Such a horrible place to work, they dont believe in mental health or your well being they said its made up
A briliant place to work.
I work in a call centre in manchester.

The best job I have ever had! recommend this job to anyone and everyone! Lovely work environment and extremely friendly staff.
Awful
Absolute crooks. This is the perfect example of how major corporations treat employees like a statistic and not a person. Management was awful, always referring you to another manager or the online HR which resulted in speaking with overseas agents who were no help at all. In the 6 months at this company, I witnessed the priorities of Vodafone, it’s not the employees or customers, it’s the corporate bank account.
Fix your systems
Incredibly stressful time at Vodafone dealing with customer issues on the frontlines.
Targets were reasonable for overall months but rush hours were very stressful. Bad systems caused 90% of the problems in store and the company was not moving urgently to fix the issue. It forced me to quit the job
Very challenging
There is a challenge with first point of contact resolution to consumer issues that can lead to customer service issues or challenges with complaints.
However if your a natural sales person there is a great opportunity to obtain great target based sales bonus.
Awful management
Refused to help me made me look bad, no proper training. A week before the manager came to assess me they changed computer system, 6 days off before I had my 3 month review said that I was no where near my target so they fired me how could I be in my daily target with 6 days off, made me go to london got fined £200 for driving down the roads failed to tell me.
JBL RETAIL PARTNER- Avoid like the plague!!!
Archaic sales practice from the owners, openly criticised staff in front of everyone pressured selling and pressure on staff embarrassed staff in public on daily basis, aggressive management style not a good compromise work for!!
The worse choice you can make in your life. Don't do it to yourself.
It is a horrible place to work for. There is no meritocracy or justice inside. People who deserve to be fired don't get fired because there's always someone covering their bums and, as they do not work at all, or they don't do it the way they should, you get to work x10 what you should do.
If you're a manager, even worse: there is no support to management whatsoever from the company, you've just got to work like a dog and shut up, otherwise, you'll be blamed of "finding excuses" when you are actually raising real problems that need immediate attention.

DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF. THEY WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE.
Pros
Cons
extreme high stress levels, no meritocracy, no justice, no respect for rules, no respect for employees, I could talk for hours...
The company is a diverse place to work, with a good mix of people with different skills, career backgrounds and experience. They are changing rapidly with new technologies and ways of working and it's such an exciting time to work for them!
Fun environment with dedicated mangement
This was a great place to work which supported you in progression or wanting to do other things within the business. There were no hurdles or barriers put in place for anyone wanting to make something more of the job, the management were extremely supportive.