Vodafone Employee Reviews

Was okay
Customer Retention Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
Job was not what they stated in advertisement
They track everything from weekly efficacy to be 1 minute late.
I had a co worker who was amazing at his job but due to being 1 minute late and im not being overboard literally 1 minute late from break and 1 minute late a week later (start 9.00am) he arrived at (9.01am) and was dismissed.

out of 8 in training group I believe only 1 person is still there.
Also if you start at 8am which you will be it is mandatory to arrive 15 /30 minutes early every shift.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
Some Managers dont care, Long hours, Mess Pay up
Great company and job culture
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire8 January 2018
Worked in a retail store on weekends to get through university for four years. Overall really enjoyed it, great company, great culture met some cool people, good atmosphere to work in. A lot to learn and a lot expected of you but is achievable.

However wasn't paid properly on numerous occasions, advise checking your payslip and limited opportunity for progression to higher job roles within the company. Loyalty not rewarded.
Pros
company culture
Cons
pay issues
Horrible place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Torquay7 January 2018
Started off well as a Tech Adviser role but then no one bothered with the position for years after so had no support and no idea what my role was supposed to be doing.

They finally after 6 years started to do something with the role but made it more of a salesperson position with extra responsibilities

Staff often talked behind my back and when I was off ill tried to transfer me to a different store without me knowing.

Often found staff tuned jealous when doing well, if I was doing not as well I was left alone, if I was doing well then things started to be said and digs at me.

I ended up on action plans and a disciplinary by management for spending time out of the store when I was going to pick up lunch for everyone at their request.

Ended up hating going to work and really dented my self esteem and caused a lot of emotional stress and anxiety.

I actually feel less stressed out of work looking for money than I did working there in Torquay store getting paid.
Pros
SIMO discounts
Cons
Unsupporting staff and management, poor systems, no chance to progress
Innovative company
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent2 January 2018
The company is trying to reinvent the company name and make it more appealing and attract newer customers. Talkmobile is a off shoot of Vodafone and is currently in the process of merging their customers to Vodafone/
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Cons
Poor career progression
Job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 January 2018
I worked there for a little while and I learned more about sales. I hit targets and sold a lot of phones and helped people hit there targets too. Was a nice place to work.
Pros
Easy Loctation
Cons
Long Hours
Busy and can be long.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Exmouth29 December 2017
Within my shop at Vodafone, I was very much on my own. Felt it was rather unprofessional.
There was never a day where you wouldn't have something to do whether you knew how to do it. You were expected to know how to do everything straight away.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else.
Good work environment ,
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 December 2017
Working at Vodafone has taught me a lot about teamwork and even though the job role is about sales, it's very customer orientated. have to make sure I find out what the customer needs are and find the best deal for them.

It can be a little pressurised at Vodafone, but you do get that in every job role. I can cope pretty well under pressure as I have learnt overtime. Having a great team also plays a huge part as you can ask seniors for guidance
Pros
Good place to work. Great benefits and incentives when hitting targets.
Cons
no progression
Good company
Retail sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury28 December 2017
Good benefits.

Good hours, Management structure and pay

Hardest part of job is dealing with public, most enjoyable part is satisfaction of closing sales
Benefits
Cons
working with public
Promotional comapny
Promotional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe14 December 2017
During my time here I found Vodafone a very good comapny to represent at exhibitions and never had any problems with being paid or with the way the staff were managed
A good stopgap job
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire14 December 2017
Employees were treated fairly and there was chance for progression, but the toxic nature of some of the upper management team pushes people away from staying with the company. Also having to field the constant complaints wears down your spirit.
Amazing
Communication Executive (Former Employee) –  London11 December 2017
I would highly reccommend Vodafone . Learnt a lot and had the chance to work with talented people. It was a truly enriching experience and the company culture is amazing.
a cult with a red shirt
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 December 2017
Working at vodafone meant really drinking the coolade. the management were delusional and has had been subject to internal investigations multiple times. Very much an 'us' vs 'them' place to work. It was only when phones 4 u merged there was any life breathed into the work culture and many of their staff were shocked at how vodafone was run.
Pros
paid work
Cons
management
Friendly staff
Technical Support - Convergys (Former Employee) –  Newcastle5 December 2017
The people who work there are brilliant some of the best people you will ever meet but there is not a lot of opportunities for advancement within the company even though the Pacific say that is
fun
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  RO1 December 2017
picking up phone calls , interacting with customers
learned about customer assistance
its not that hard talking with people
its fun to talk with people
Pressure to sell
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire24 November 2017
Good work environment but always under pressure to achieve targets, didn’t see my career moving but good understanding people, good discounts for employees.
Pros
Discounted phone lines
Cons
Pressure to achieve sales targets
productive and fun workplace
Customer care agent (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire20 November 2017
everyday is different and it never gets boring and you're always kept on your toes in a fun enjoyable way. taught me about how good customer care can help move a business forward.
Fun work
CyberArk analyst (Current Employee) –  Newbury11 November 2017
Good thing to work in the company, nice and competitive work experience . Great working day every day, every week, every month it’s so boring to update this section.
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 November 2017
Good place to work.
Lots of opportunities to move around the business and learn different skills.
Fun bunch of colleagues.
Benefits ok.
Flexible appraoch.
Hard Working but Enjoyable
Sales (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk6 November 2017
The people to work with are delightful, and management take into great consideration about personal life and well-being. Can be quite stressful however, in terms of being able to hit the monthly KPI and trying to stand out among the region and the division. It's nice that everyone has to work as a team so there is little rivalry.
Pros
Strong team work
Cons
Many stressful situations
Great Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire6 November 2017
Interned for 10 weeks with the Vodafone Explore Program, in the Research Department at Newbury HQ. Insightful experience, a an amazing working environment, the only problem I would find would be the lack of proper work as an intern, even though personally my job in research was fullfilling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.