Vodafone Employee Reviews

Found 669 reviews matching the search See all 3,506 reviews
Worse company I have ever worked for
Account Manager - Cloud and Hosting Services Sales (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire12 June 2018
Whilst the salary and benefits were great at Vodafone, it did not manage to make me feel any better about my job.
I joined the company to fulfill a specific role however the scope of the job changed quite drastically after only a couple of months.
The company business processes (extremely ridiculous level of governance) and lack of employees accountability leads to a very bad overall experience there.

The management team was extremely weak and non-knowledgeable in places which means there was absolutely no strategy to be shared with customer, nor was there a product roadmap.

To this day, I still wonder how Vodafone can operate as a business.
Pros
Good basic salary and benefits
Cons
Poor management and no clear strategy
Fun Workplace
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2018
Vodafone is a wonderful place to work, and i absolutely love working here, i can not fault it to be honest, wonderful place to work. Salary is good and there are bonus incentives to work towards. Job can be busy but fun. Also, the management I had experience with were kind and inspiring to work along side.
Pros
Incentives and discount on contracts
Cons
No Cons
Rewarding but stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk3 October 2018
This is a very rewarding role with great benefits and plenty of opportunities to progress in a career. There is lots of stress involved with this job and leadership decisions that are made can cause more issues than they resolve
Fun place to work with the customer at it's heart
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 August 2018
I've spent nearly 12 years at Vodafone and although there's definitely been some challenges, it's been a great place to work overall.

It's a company that gets active in everything from LGBT Pride to Corporate games and charity work.

I've picked up a huge amount of skills during my time there and taken every opportunity given.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Shift patterns
Amazing benefits and colleagues
Client Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home Based31 July 2018
Great atmosphere and people to work with, amazing benefits such as gym, cafeteria, reduced memberships and discounts. Difficult to navigate in the company and some management are more political than helpful but overall amazing place to work
Pros
benefits and wage
Cons
polotics
fun work place
Customer care advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim11 November 2018
this was a fun work place as i made many friends i still keep in contact with, sometimes dealing with irate costumers was hard but i would always find a way to over come the obstacle
Pros
good benefits
Cons
irate costumers
Mismanagment and lack of training
Fixed Line Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 April 2018
People are thrown into work without a real understanding of what they are doing and there is no ongoing training to address this.

Management are pretty lax and work seems to just be moved to the next day for someone else to pick up.

I love the job I do but its difficult to provide a great service when the back office structure is fractured, distant and overworked. We cant deliver on our promises to customers.
Pros
Great salary for the work
Cons
Stressful environment, frustrating as its impossible to improve things
Great Benefits
Sales Advisor and Specialist Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vodafone13 June 2018
Vodafone have some fantastic benefits for their employees, most notably company maternity pay which has been fantastic considering statutory maternity pay is laughable. Other benefits including private pension, health and dental care, heavily discounted sim only deals and 28 days holiday a year (not including bank holidays)
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and hours can be long in some departments
Great employer with encouraging incentives
PT Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee23 June 2018
Good employer that looks after their staff. Salary is good and there are bonus incentives to work towards. Job can be busy but fun. Also, the management I had experience with were kind and inspiring to work along side.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bonus dependant on other staff members
Excellent Place To Work
Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 November 2018
Like any job, you only get out what you put into something.
I am very focussed on my career and Vodafone have more than matched my expectations, I have ben promoted twice in 4 years and now in a job that I absolutely love.
Having a young family means that work/life balance is really important to me and I get that.
The only slight to the job is the never ending red tape of processes but it's no show stopper.
I can't see myself leaving here any time soon even though pay would be better elsewhere.
no work life balance
Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire16 May 2018
you must work every weekend and book at time off 30 days in advance (including a weekend)
bonus and salary however are very good.
you must work towards individual and store targets to achieve bonus but basic salary is standard, you are managed on targets and if you don not hit them you may be disciplined for this
Sales Advisor
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  West Midlands29 May 2018
Pros

Good pay,
Friendly people to work with,
Good benefits
Pension

Cons
Working all weekend
Bad parking
Targets every month
Selling
Management favourites
Poor working environemt
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire6 February 2018
Vodafone used to be great to work for and then steadily went down hill. They removed staff discount and many other benefits, had us working to a strict target regime but included little personal incentive and no commission. Bonus was based on a store performance and unlocked by a system called TNPS, based on customer feedback. If you excelled and your colleague did not then you got nothing. Terrible systems and awful customer service meant that you were dealing mainly with very angry customers and had little support from the company.
Pros
Decent wage for retail
Cons
systems, company support, hours, no overtime, one half hour break, no staff discount
decent wage and benefits with many headaches
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom29 July 2018
been with the company for a few years, worked hard in different stores with a performance always above average, years later i'm still stuck at the bottom of the chain as a sales adviser. progress is way much more about politics and how you project yourself to others than based on actual personal achievements. this company prefers to reward unproven people and unlawful cowboys, instead of people who do the right things the right way that won't put themselves in front of others.

it's a sales job so there is quite a lot of pressure to sell and at the same time keeping the customers satisfied, which is incredibly hard as there are many different variables why customers won't be happy and the liability is on the adviser that gets to serve them. at the end of that you will be personally blamed, named and shamed as it impacts on store performance, even if you haven't done something wrong, doesn't matter.

considering that bonus is won and lost not only through sales but with customer satisfaction scores it makes the reward very random as you deal with 100s of customers a month and each unhappy one has a massive impact over your bonus pay. this often leads to deflation as you have to work on the edge most of the time to only seldomly get something in return.

the culture (depending upon managers and regional managers) is often not the healthiest as it hard sales more than ever, putting the advisers under high pressure to sell additional products every time someone comes to a store with a sales query or something else. this also means that depending on the morals of the manager
  more... you'll be forced into doing more or less dodgy stuff, and you will often be blamed for not doing "your job" if you don't deliver the consistency they expect you to, no matter how hard you are working.

one of the biggest issues at the present time is the fact that everything takes a back seat vs sales, including things like lunches, mindful, effort-managing rotas, you'll find yourself often working 5, 6 days in a row for no good reason, which is an absolute killer in a job like this where you need to be fresh like sparkling water. and forget about weekends off. if you get a manager who is only focused on kpis, rotas and breaks and overall satisfaction goes out the window, it will be all about the numbers, and you are one.

on the bright side the company still has a few decent benefits (not as many as when i joined) and the wage isn't bad, despite being low for the amount of skills needed and generated revenue.
Pros
wage and benefits
Cons
politics, management, greed
Good benefits and supportive management
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire22 March 2018
Answering inbound customer queries and resolving them. Had way too many systems doing different things.

Management was supportive and friendly, worked under my favourite manager as of yet while there.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and support when you needed it
Cons
Poor salary
Energectic Place of work
Resourcing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire20 March 2018
An enterprising and innovative organisation, who look after their employees with amazing benefits. Management are always willing to help, advise and mentor.
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 February 2018
I currently work with the 24/7 Customer Service Shift team, supporting Private Corporate, Public & Government customers and managing a team across site in Glasgow and Manchester.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours on the 24/7 shifts
Good work environment ,
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 December 2017
Working at Vodafone has taught me a lot about teamwork and even though the job role is about sales, it's very customer orientated. have to make sure I find out what the customer needs are and find the best deal for them.

It can be a little pressurised at Vodafone, but you do get that in every job role. I can cope pretty well under pressure as I have learnt overtime. Having a great team also plays a huge part as you can ask seniors for guidance
Pros
Good place to work. Great benefits and incentives when hitting targets.
Cons
no progression
Service ops
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire5 October 2017
Well what's to be said about vodaphone, they screw your on your payrise every year, they screw you on your promotion opportunities with global banding/job grouping. They screwed you out of your final salary pension, they screw you out of the great summer parties, they screw you out of your job with regular redundancy/outsourcing to cheaper labour pools. They expect more and more from you and want to pay you less, some management are great, some are really poor, it's just pot luck what you get. If your willing to give your all, they will take it and more. Oh and the training department was closed in the early 2000's and never replaced. All on the job training, not to mention the HR was also outsourced around then too. Go for a job there it's great!
Oh they also follow the bell curve when delivering your yearly appraisal. So 7% of you will get a poor grade just to fit the curve. No matter how hard you work.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay rises, bell curve, redundancies
comfortable working environment
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey30 July 2018
working hours was sometimes long.
the working environment could at times be stressful as items targets was very unrealistic for the size of the store.

overall i was happy but could not commit to the lengthy travel commitment of 25 miles daily
Pros
no free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K