Vision For Education Employee Reviews

Hype With No Action
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyneside13 March 2019
Recent application experience.

This company seem from my experience to have absolutely no structure or credibility. The application process is intrusive and they promise the world. However despite going through all of the process and being completely honest in that a previous employer might (which they did ) give malicious and untruthful reference without any evidential documentation of it, Vision ( lack of ) contacted me to say that the application could go no further because of it. This was after being assured that my experience and qualifications were in extreme demand and that there were opportunities waiting to be fulfilled immediately.

The lack of structure comment relates to different staff giving different and misleading information and when challenged on it completely deny that it happened. I would record the calls if I had any future dealings with this lot.
A complete and utter waste of six months. Lesson learned. I hope that this comment will help anyone who may be thinking of applying to first contemplate the possible outcome and don't place your eggs in one basket as I did. Good luck
Pros
Cons
lots. take your pick
Brilliant agency
S.E.N TA/behaviour support. (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield29 November 2018
Such a good agency to work for, after speaking with other people in roles similar to myself who work through other agencies has highlighted even more to me how brilliant vision are.
Flexible around you and what you ask for, don't have unrealistic expectations of where you can and cannot travel to and don't penalise you if you decline work.
Electronic payroll so no time sheets and always paid on time.
The S.E.N team are fantastic and what make working for this company. They are really supportive and even as an agency worker you feel part of a team, nothing is too much trouble if you need information or advice.
Pros
Flexible around your wishes. Varied roles. Repeat bookings. Fantastic support. Plenty of work.
Cons
Varied pay rates.
Not a single day of work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
I was told there was a demand of work within my area, however when joining them, they didn't give me a SINGLE day's of work (in a period of four months) which is extremely disappointing. Instead, they rang me the second week offering me a job in something that I wasn't even familiar with, not to mention it was somewhere afar. I signed up for TA jobs, but they offered nothing close to that. Two weeks later I decided to join another agency, who gave me a three-week booking within days of signing up! Months had passed and I still didn't hear anything back from Vision, despite calling back once to ask why I'm not getting any jobs. Their response was just a measly "We've not been busy" along with no support or encouraging words for work. Then I decided enough was enough and called them one last time explaining to them it was out of order for them to take me on by collecting all my details and work history by talking to my previous managers, and yet not able to provide ONE day of work.

Absolutely would not recommend this company. They hyped their prospects in the interview and offered nothing but false hopes which was deceiving. I would like to mention that I had an abundance of experience at the time (worked for a different supply agency prior to this) and demonstrated my positive attitude to work so I do not know why they didn't offer me work. They didn't even give me a chance. I'm not even one to leave negative feedback/reviews on companies but I had to share my experience so others can get a bit more perspective.
Pros
Non
Cons
No support, no job, no prospects.
flexible and work offered is tailored to your needs
Teacher of maths and science (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough1 November 2018
Would recommend as a supply agency (teaching) in the North East. Very good in the way they establish your weekly commitments and will offer work accordingly.
Very good rates of pay.
supportive workplace
Supply Primary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire8 October 2018
Whilst working on supply for Vison for Education I have been supported in finding long term supply roles as a teacher and teaching assistant. I have been able to work with a range of children with different needs in which I have learnt a great deal. Being in different schools in very enjoyable and allows me to work with a range of professionals.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
not always able to gain work
Great Company
Special Needs Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne18 September 2018
Nice company to work for, always found plenty of work on suply for me, would reccomend to anyone wanting to do supply teaching. They have good links with local schools so have lots of good contacts.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
No Job Security
perfect
SEN Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire18 September 2018
Professional, friendly and always looking out for your best interests. offered me work that was suitable regularly and was willing to pay a extra whenever I had to travel extra.
Flexible work, good communication, great support
Teacher (Current Employee) –  North East20 August 2018
Vision are an excellent employment agency for teachers and support staff. I have worked with Vision for over two and a half years, they have always been available to provide work and support with any challenges encountered. I have had my share of long term placements as well as odd days here and there. Vision have provided plenty of work for me, I am looking for a permanent contract.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
Lots of support work, not so many teaching jobs (for me)
Supply Teaching Agency
Primary (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire26 May 2018
Flexible working conditions, reasonable rates of pay. Friendly staff who will try and get you work in the schools you want to be in. Listen to what you are looking for.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Casual work
Grsat Company
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morpeth8 May 2018
Great company. But I travel by bus. They would give people who had cars the easy schools to get to, even the o as in my town. Then give people like myself the jobs that is 2 buses away or restricted bus times early hours.
But other than that great pay.

But sometimes no work going.
Friendly, professional flexible
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 March 2018
Been happily supplying daily for nearly 5 months. Daily supply suits my lifestyle before that fixed term or long term suited me and Ive always had work and had regular income.

Plenty of work, support and training. Never had less than 4 days work a week.

Socials are a great way to feel part of something and meet the team.

Great communication via email telephone and text you always know what's happening and when .

I do and have recommended Vision to teaching friends.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Its the challenging schools that need most cover
No work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 February 2018
Left my job, was told I would get work all of the time got one days work in six months. Very poor management and the days work didn’t even cover the money I had to pay for my DBS
Pros
Cons
No work given
All good
supply teacher (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe10 November 2017
No problems with vision for education as a place of work. They were always in contact with me and kept me up to date with any work that was available
great team
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield6 November 2017
Fantastic team to work with caring and optimistic people in the office always make sure you're happy with the work you're given.

The management team makes sure you're happy with the school and always try to give a feedback about your person from the school.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
travelling costs to and from work. wage could be better
Dedicated and Supportive Team
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire6 November 2017
Work with vision is always interesting, the Middlesborough Primary Team is absolutely fantastic and always understanding of your situation. I thoroughly enjoy my work here and reccomend it to any teaching staff looking to select their own working hours and experience a wide range of schools.
However, I am looking for a more fulol time position as during school holidays and quiet periods it can be difficult to find work, through no fault of their own.
10/10 ratings from me
Pros
Flexible work hours and fantastic team.
Cons
Work can be infrequent if schools do not require support staff.
A learning curve
Safeguarding Officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 October 2017
There is a definite learning curve to the job which you are not necessarily given time to get hold of. A typical day consists of phoning round schools and employers requesting references.
Very helpful
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peterborough24 October 2017
Good company to work for. Always been very polite and trying their best to find work for you. I met great people working for Vision and stayed friends even after I left the Company.
Pros
Good salary package
Ideal for gaining experience
SEN Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 October 2017
Too many staff and not enough jobs to be shared but they do hire people who want a career change which was ideal for me.

Sadly they just didn't have enough work for me and I had to look elsewhere for work but management was approachable and seemed to generally care about their staff
Pros
No Experience Needed
Cons
Not enough work
Good experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Grantham16 September 2017
At Vision for Education, they provide you with lots of experience in schools. At the Lincolnshire office, they communicate with you extremely well and will always make sure you are happy in your work. The days can change depending on where you are and the only hard part is not knowing where or what you will be doing that day but it is good experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not permenant hours
Pleasure to work for.
Advanced Cover Supervisor - Primary (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough4 September 2017
Friendly and helpful staff within the primary sector have been a pleasure to work for in the short period I have been with them. Frequent contact enables the development of a good rapport with schools in the local area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vision For Education. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2