Vision Express

Vision Express Employee Reviews

United Kingdom222 reviews
No job security
Salary is not good,work expectations are very high, you are working with opticians but the optician get paid £250-300 per 8 to 10 appointments and whereas the optical assistant only gets £60 FOR 8 hrs shift... and thats not fare atall.. No job security,your contract can be terminated any time without getting any reason..
Glad to be free of Vision Express
Started with vision express after they bought Tesco Opticians. With VE you are not allowed a work life balance they always want more. Their inspirational selling is pushy sales and unreasonable. They have no care for staff at all and Tesco was a much better company.
Worst Employer I’ve ever worked for
The company says its transparent when in fact the upper management lie to your face they never support their staff and constantly find ways to make the work environment stressful never believe a word you are told as the company has no ethics or morals
Avoid at all costs
Working at vision express was the worst thing I did in the whole of my 24 year career so far, don’t care about anything but money money money, well being of patients and staff is no existent, it has a bullying culture and management is expected to do 60+ weeks not paid, staff are allowed to run riot, do what they want and bring issues to light is a waste of time, there is no support from upper management if you are thinking of working here apply for something else
Pros
Wage
Cons
Bullying, Poorly treated, taken advantage of
Good
Was a great job to have with great and helpful managers, the staff are very helpful when you’re learning and the pay was brilliant for my age. It’s a great experience
Pros
Cons
Pace
Frustrating!
A typical day here would be to keep yourself busy and focus on the end of the day, due to poor leadership and a lack of training.

Unfortunately, no positive comments about this company.
Job
Working as an Optometrist in Vision Express is great. Large store with many designer glasses, great team work and fantastic shopping area.

Would highly recommend.
Store Manager a Bully!
Great company to work for, great training and benefits, shame that the store manager of this branch (Eldon Square - Newcastle upon Tyne) is a bully!, Likes to show her authority and treats people like muck!

She spends most of her time away from the shop floor, in the office or out of the store even at busy times, cannot approach her for help as you get the attitude stare look!

She also threatened me with her contacts in head office, I was worried for my career so left as soon as I could, forced out of a job I loved - for being passionate about it!

I know I am not the only one she has done this too over the years, and I know people who I worked with there have also been forced out. Staff turn around is high and when I brought to head office attention nothing was actioned. Come on vision express, open your eyes there clearly is a problem at this store!
Poor pay
Pay does not reflect job responsibilities and the amount of effort needed everyday. Staff turn over is very high and there never seem to be enough colleagues. Training was good though.
Team are lovely!
My team is vision express were great and were the only reason i stayed as long as i did. It is a very fast paced business and especially as i was in one of the busiest stores.
heavy and demanding place.
weekly changes from daytime to afternoon. Full robotics, zero tolerance for foreigners only requirements speed and quantity. No talks or explanations, no personal freedom.
Pros
warm place from time to time
Cons
different shift's every week, intolerance, robotics, atmosphere
Its ok
Can''t lie, its not the best place to work.
Environment is fast, customers can be mean, management if not OK is bad. If you're a natural hard worker like myself, you'll hate the place since it feels like putting in a lot effort into something that gives nothing back. If you're young, ambitious or have goals, DON'T work at VE.
Fun work
Vision Express is a pleasure to work for. However, it aint paying the bills. No commission and no pay rise.
I have learnt a lot within the company and the culture is amazing with amazing staff.

Nothing was hard to learn because I came from an Optic background.. Transfer from Specsavers
competetive and fast paced
team is very fast paced and you are on your feet all day. very customer oriented and sales based. sales targets are always in mind and aimed for each week.
Shocking
Training was terrible.. left to staff to help you out and monitored briefly. Training days cancelled so you could never actually get signed off as an optical assistant..
25 February 2020
We are sorry to hear that you didn't get to take full advantage of our training program. We have recently made some exciting changes to the way our training is delivered to our colleagues based on valuable feedback from our teams. We would encourage for you to make contact to discuss in more detail at human.resources@visionexpress.com
Not the worst
Mainly depends on your manager, not always child friendly hours, shifts can change from week to week. Training is very good but you are expected to have a lot of knowledge for a basic wage. Pay should be more considering what is expected of you with regards to healthcare.
25 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are glad to see you have been able to take full advantage of our training program. We want to create a working environment to suit our colleagues lifestyles, if you feel there are any improvements that can be made please contact us on human.resources@visionexpress.com
A company that has lost its way
A company that is not quite sure whether it’s a start up or an enterprise, places huge demands on a small number of staff, doesn’t pay to market rates, under resources everything it tries to do, problems start at the top.
25 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback and use these to make continued improvements throughout Vision Express. Being a current colleague of ours we would encourage you to make contact to discuss in more detail at human.resources@visionexpress.com
Challenging
Varied opportunities. Fast paced environment. Interesting work. Always learning something new. Good training. Fair opportunity employer. Reward loyalty
25 February 2020
Thank you for leaving us a great review, it is lovely to see that you are enjoying life at Vision Express!
Empowering and exciting
Vision Express is a fantastic company to work for and has a very comprehensive management set up
you get to be responsible for your own achievement in store and have some sort of over all control about your business
25 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a great review, we are glad to see you enjoyed your life at Vision Express and were able to take full advantage of leading your store to success.
Just don't.
Management is toxic
Staff are toxic

The store comes across as the type of place they don't care about looking after the patient but the patients money in their pockets.
25 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to see that your time in store wasn't how we would have expected. We appreciate your feedback and as a current colleague we would encourage or you to make contact to discuss in more detail at human.resources@visionexpress.com
Fun and busy
Had a great, supportive team. Learned a lot of new skills. Plenty of one to one with customers. Busy but not too busy, enough time to socialise with colleagues between jobs.
25 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review! It is great to hear that you had an amazing team around you and got to utilise our training opportunities.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vision Express. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8