Visa Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Specialist/Expenses Consultant (Current Employee) –  Swindon10 June 2018
I hold excellent communication skills, ability to work in a targeted environment - as an individual and as part of a larger team. Placing strong emphasis on international business etiquette I seek a manager's position that will present me before individuals whom I will not only convert to solid clients but will create an urge for loyalty and repeat business for many years to come.
Can be a nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London20 May 2018
This can be seen to be the most disorganised, unplanned, chaotic place to work in. There are work pressures, lack of management support. The job was mis-sold and misrepresented.
Pros
Good people with lots of skills, active and ambitious strategy, exposes the willing to new technologies
Cons
Very large global infrastructure spread, difficult and complex change, some chaotic experiences in the day-to-day, remote and matrix management
Misguided chaos held together by heroes
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire25 April 2018
The technology is good, most of the people are good but top level management really need to listen. They think they're doing a lot better than they actually are. Generally its an unstable environment which given the nature of their business is a big story waiting to happen. They have the potential to be so so much better.
Pros
Decent people, good facilities
Cons
Deaf ears for implementing change safely
changed, withdrew
Security Compliance Manager,PIN Security Assessor (Former Employee) –  london20 April 2018
was good but changed.

withdrew from active compliance policing of entities, to arm's-length or worse.

Redundancies were common over my last 3 years
Undergoing changes
Insight Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2018
The company was in a state of flux when I worked there, with an upcoming takeover on the horizon, hence it is very difficult to give it a fair and through review.
Great place
Delivery Director (Former Employee) –  London27 March 2018
Some real dorks masquerading as directors. Mostly incredible managers and staff. Very professional firm at the cutting edge of what is possible and delivering in a consistent way. Resource Solutions is rubbish. Try and avoid them if you can, very nepotistic.
Pros
Best of the best
Cons
Let down by poor leadership
Great workplace
Marketing Planning & Insight (Former Employee) –  London23 February 2018
Really good employee focus
Leader in the industry
International scope
Cutting edge technology
Very friendly environment to work in
Great work-life balance
Excellent Work Culture
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 January 2018
Productive and friendly place to work. I worked there as a data migration analyst. I learned about different interfaces of applications related to pricing and billing domain. Excellent and supportive team mates.
Downward spiral
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
more mergers and demergers than hot dinners. Wasteful and bureaucratic. Only those at the very top earn any praise. Staff are often treated as a number,
Pros
free paper
Cons
costly pens
Great work environment
Vice President/Sr. Business Leader Global Accounts (Former Employee) –  London, UK31 October 2017
Working with people who know the business and felt I learnt a lot every day. The industry is going through a transformation and Visa is well positioned to leverage its assets to continue to transform payments around the globe.
Pros
Professional / Intelligent people, Good Benefits
Cons
Lacks the right investments in HR
Software Developer
Software Developer, (Former Employee) –  Reading, UK6 August 2017
Role
• Working as a Java developer with involvement in all phases of software development life cycle.

Responsibilities

• Involved in design and implementation of the requirement.
• Implementing Enterprise Roadmap for the transformed system
• Identifying architecture scope for improvements in the current dispensing system.
• Handling team members and helping them to resolve their technical difficulties.
• Writing Unit testing framework.

Technologies used
• Java, Spring, JPA, Hibernate
• Eclipse, Maven, SVN
Diverse and multicultural
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Eastern Europe17 July 2017
The global spread was an opportunity to work with diverse cultures, travel to new places and meet local people. Also, increasingly centralised and very much a corporate culture.
Pros
off-site meetings and travel
Cons
compliance policy
Enjoyed my time at Visa
Training Admin Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London14 June 2017
Excellent place to work if you are in the right team. Good benefits and work life balance can be achieved. Really enjoyed my 4 years at Visa but due to a restructure that are lots of changes happening.
Good people
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London28 April 2017
Good employer, but I outgrew them and the restructure made my position untenable. Knowledge gained is highly specialist making you a great future candidate for some roles but not for many.
Nice environment but poor management
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2017
The re-org did not aid the number of empires. Way to many chiefs and poor guidance from senior stakeholders and managers caused confusion in the ranks
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Poor management
great
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2017
Excelent good career good colkegues great help and training programme good salary excellent step on career lader good people always helped...............
Good job, nice people
Operating Regulations Senior Author (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2017
It was nice working there because it was my first job in London. It was a bit too corporate and stiff at times. The hardest part was feeling tied to a desk and my role wasn't very inspiring. The best part was the friends I made.
Pros
My team
Cons
Boring job
Focussed yet fun and friendly colleagues
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London17 February 2017
Colleagues are conscientious but are also friendly and relaxed. Management is supportive of personal development.
Good salary, pension and benefits.
Good
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London16 November 2016
It is a good company to work for. It is close to paddington train station and I know a lot of people go from there so easy to get in from around the country
Nice people, enjoyed my role
Freelance Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading and London15 November 2016
Visa is a very good place to work, lots of learning, robust systems and areas in the business

I enjoyed everyday working for Visa

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.

Visa Reviews by Location