Viridor Employee Reviews

LGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Bonnyrigg, Midlothian30 May 2018
A great place to work if you have the right attitude there are a few bad eggs still there but the mangement look as if they are sorting this most of the guys are happy and positive just want to work great training benefits for future progression health and safety daft but that cant be a bad sign with so many fly by night companys about
Pros
Training and good working hours
Cons
Small amount of staff dont like to pull there weight
Best team, Productive, Fun Place
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Taunton15 May 2018
Best place I've ever worked. Great team, learnt a lot of good new project management skills, fun place to work, achieving targets within the timeline.
Very poor
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire14 May 2018
Poor place to work, management very poor with virtually no man management skills, trying to catch you out constantly, we all need H&S regulations but it’s taken too far to the point where management were like coco the clown! My advice is DONT GO!
Cons
If you are not willing to suck up,you have no prospects.
compost/landfill operator. (Former Employee) –  heathfield,Newton Abbot8 April 2018
I worked for viridor for 10 years,I worked very hard,very long hours,I never had an unauthorised day off,Never sick,I observed all health and safety rules,
And I had no disciplinarys
After 10 years,I had progressed NO WHERE.I had a good positive attitude,was very very good at my job.
But I saw other members of staff progress upwards in the company,
HOW ? by SUCKING UP!!
If you are prepared to suck up to viridor management,go drinking with them after work,go to their parties,tell them how wonderful they are,then you will go far !!
But dont expect to progress in the company by working hard,because you ,like me ,will go no where,
The company is split in 2 halves,Management ,and the Management suckers,and then the people who actually do the work,
They pay a pittance,because there is no money,
Guess what !! They have decided to paint all their blue lorries and equiptment green,hundreds of lorries and plant,green uniforms,new headed note paper, errrm how much will that cost !!
Viridor do have very extensive health and safety training,It is designed to keep employees safe at work,they care ....DO THEY ?
The reason for all the training is yes to keep staff safe...BUT if you ever have an accident or incident working for viridor,IT WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR FAULT !!!!! Viridor will say you have been trained ...YOUR FAULT !!
Pros
You go home every day.
Cons
you have to go there every day.
some people good to work with
bin man (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 January 2018
i started in 2016 thought it was a good place to work had a great time there except when the mangers shout at you instead of talking to you health and saftey to strict cant do your job
Management are a waste
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester10 December 2017
employee; if your face fits great,if your into kissing backsides you'll go as far as they want you to,transport manager who doesn't know the basics i.e. thinks the dvla deals with o licensing (and not traffic commissioner) and doesn't know the height of unmarked bridges
Pros
Clocking off and 90% of workers
Cons
Management and rear end kissers
Recyling fridges
wharehouse operative (Former Employee) –  St Helens20 November 2017
This job is difficult in the sense that when moving fridges you are working with heavy loads and you should be able to take your time and follow the lifting rules that would be shown in the induction to work safely and productively.
I loved working for this Company friendly staff and drives
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Iver, Buckinghamshire1 November 2017
This is the best Company to work for if you willing to work on waste industry can be hard in the beginning but you get used to nature of the job you only need the passion
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
They need hard working people
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  St Helens14 September 2017
While i was working for this company i found that each day was a productive day and there was always different tasks throughout the day. As the company was busy, i enjoyed working at a fast pace.
Long hours , but not hard work.
worker (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside12 September 2017
Good place to work , everyone is friendly n that , but don't do mistake leaving full time work to go work for this company . I did and after 4weeks of working I got not called me in no more.
SAP Programme never deployed
SAP Master Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Taunton13 June 2017
Years of SAP development work and Business Partner expense wasted due to management's decision to shelve programme after 50m spent on training, documentation, cutover analysis and failed project partnership with Cap-Gemini
Pros
Market rate
Cons
Location rural Taunton
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 April 2017
Very busy office phones ring off the hook, never get any help or breaks. Constantly under staffed and over worked. The people are horrible and two faced. No praise or recognition is ever given.
So glad I got out. WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO WORK IN THIS OFFICE !!
Pros
home time
Cons
salary ok
Horrible Place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 March 2017
The workload is immense and no help is given.
People use to pass their work off to others and then they take all the gratitude. Never get any recognition and showing any willingness to progress is squashed. The people in the office were very unfriendly. Would avoid this place at all costs. Gllad I got out when I did.
Pros
Cons
everything
horrible place to work.
HGV 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  glasgow20 February 2017
Bin lorry driver at bargeddie for 3 years,co workers in general fine,management from top to bottom in the depot are very poor.too many instances to go into detain,certain ones just picking up wages and get a kick out of talking down to the workers.
Should have left sooner..
Pros
Cons
many
Hard manual work
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Saint Helens13 November 2016
Work time:
Day shift: 6am to 6pm
Night shift: 6pm to 6am
The only thing i have learned from this job was a team-work and fast coordination of movement .
There was nothing enjoyable about this job
hard labour
drivers mate (Former Employee) –  Bolton3 November 2016
a typical day for me at work would usually involve the unloading of a full container of televisions or refrigerators which if first thing in the morning this was the case was extremely physically demanding.

the majority of my co-workers where all easy to get along with but i get along with anyone anyhow.
happy
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Rochester25 October 2016
it was early morning starts that anybody had to get used to but after that i was a night warrior . the job wasnt the hardest to get used to
Pros
enjoyable people to work with
Cons
get tried
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  West Malling7 October 2016
Enjoyed my time at the company.

I have many fond memories. I have worked there for a number of years in many various roles.
hard work
MRF / MBT recycling (Current Employee) –  North West30 August 2016
45 hours per week cant complain very strict H&S . PPE provided if your successful to be taken on they will put you on your fork lift license and shovel
Viridor
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, ENG23 January 2016
Viridor was a very shambolic outfit, no leadership and poor overall. The best part of working for them was the exit at the end of the day.
Pros
The exit
Cons
Very poor overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viridor. Our community is ready to answer.