Virgin Trains

Virgin Trains Pay & Benefits reviews

good place to work
Excellent place to work, company take care of their employees. Free tea/coffee at the office, flexible working hours and everyday is a new day at work. Always challenged and constantly improving skills and knowledge and dealing with new situations and scenarios.
Pros
free tea/coffee, good benefits
Cons
can end up working longer hours than contracted
never 2 days the same
working for Virgin comes with an expectation of the highest levels of customer service which i felt was my strongest quality and still is but again can also bring lots of challenges.
Pros
excellent salary and perks
Cons
high expectations
Its a way of life
I've worked for Virgin trains for 3 and a half years now.
I'm working my way up the 'ranks' and i know anything is possible ...you have to work hard and show commitment.

Also people accept you for who you are and you become a member of a special virgin family where we all look after eachother. We work 9 hour ish days so we all try and make the days exciting and have great banter. We also have some amazing customers who come through daily who are part of the family! Love the job, staff and management.
Pros
Fun job, allowed to be yourself, salary is good, all management were once CSA's like us so they know the pressure of our jobs.
Cons
Shift working (if thats even a con as you get week days off which is awesome).
Not very 'Virgin'
Overall, a day in the Customer Relations department is a jumbled and poorly thought out, mismanaged mess.

Middle and upper management have little to no involvement in the day-to-day of the department, and spend the vast majority of the day in meetings. The majority of the heavy lifting is left to the people working directly on the line of the operation:

Phones operators/ letter writers - Thos who spend their day dealing with unrealistic targets, being pulled from pillar to post, and no in-the-moment recognition.

Lower management - The Team Leaders who perform face to face interaction and coaching. I'm close with one of these leaders who confirms my suspicions that their workload was similar to mine - Outdated, unrealistic, and entirely unmotivated.

The brand is not represented here. If you're expecting the same service as you would get on a Virgin Atlantic flight, you're mistaken. It's an old fashioned, out of date industry which is not accommodating of the Virgin brand.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Long hours, overload, stress, poor management, no progression, poor decision making from upper management
Fast paced, face to face business
Fantastic company where I have spent the last 26 months, job security and life time benifits are a major factor within this company. Confidence within staff through the support provided makes this position a positive place & role to work.
Pros
Free Travel, excellent pension, free lunches & staff productivity.
Cons
Long days
great company
great company ,nice people , i got to meet a variety of people from different backgrounds i would highly reccomend virgin trains
Pros
good salary
Great
Great benefits and opportunities for advancement pay was reasonable for the position. would recommend them as an employer
long days but great rewards
worked for this company for nearly 30yrs had a great time and enjoyed my experience with them.the shifts can be long but the benefits make it worth doing.
Fun place to work
Fun place to work, Good benefits, Good co-workers, Working with public, Fast paced work. Lots of training given to help with job
People Friendly & Professional Organisation
A very rewarding and enjoyable company to work for. Excellent staff benefits. Open & honest policy. Staff development opportunities are very good which enables you to learn lots. A great team atmosphere & always someone to help you out.
The work can be very demanding & often working under pressure, however if you are prepared to work hard & put the effort in, then this will achieve the best possible outcomes.
one big family
fantastic organisation to work for, everyday is different, meeting people all over the country, everyone has a smile
Pros
free travel, car park pass
Virgin Trains
Good working hours, good atmosphere

Lots of work to do but good people around to do it with.