Virgin Trains East Coast Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 May 2018
Fun Workplace, great environment with the staff and the customers that work in the station, the staff and the company are both very customer orientated so it is all about delivering great customer service.
Great staff and manage
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 March 2018
Love working here. Staff are great, management are very supportive. Met a brilliant bunch of people working here. Overall great company with great working benefits.
Pros
Benefits and staff
Easy going work place
Customer service host (Current Employee) –  London25 July 2017
Very relaxing for the amount I get paid but at the same time it can be stressful... there are more good days than bad. People are nice to work with always friendly and greet you.
Pros
Free food, good environment... also benefits are marvellous
Cons
Long hours at time.... rude customers...
good work experience placement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2017
I had a good week doing work experience a couple of years ago. I got to see the day to day running of a busy london termini station. I was quite good at customer service such as giving directions and information aswell.
Resource Planner/ PMO Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coast, UK14 January 2017
Its always a busy day at work, but could be draining sometimes, however its also interesting and educationally rewarding.
Pros
Free lunch
Long way to go
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear13 January 2017
Moving departments from one end of the country to another was never going to be easy. However effective management, ensuring nepotism does not set in and ensuring the outstanding staff base they have is not wasted is crucial. As of my leaving date this was rife in a negative way, resulting in a job that was full of potential looking like a train crash.
Pros
Free Rail Travel
Cons
shift pattern, management not responsive to staff feedback
Exhilarating and Dynamic Workplace
Regional Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear21 December 2016
Virgin Trains East Coast is a great place to work and each day varied and faced with many different challenges.

You are constantly tasked to think differently and innovatively to drive revenue and improve customer experience.
Pros
Each Day is different
Cons
Very Long Hours
Customer Relations Executive (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire25 November 2016
A good place to start a customer relations career, driven by targets and a good pay structure, could get boring at times but worked in a good team that helped keep spirits up
Pros
Good team
Cons
Sometimes boring
Lovely place to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 October 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company, management were very friendly, the building was beautiful and the work atmosphere in general was really enjoyable.
I worked as a temp and unfortunately the contract ended otherwise i would of loved to stay there for quite some time.

the work ethics of treat your employees well and they will treat you well back was definitely visible there.
I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
lovely work atmosphere, nice management, friendly staff, beautiful building, non restrictive overtime available
Cons
temp contracts
Uncertain future
Band A service engineer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh14 September 2016
Favouritism towards certain members of staff, training not given to staff who are keen and qualified, poorly run department (team leaders don't communicate between each other) needs modernised
Pros
Free rail travel
Cons
Shift pattern, poorly organised, unfair work allocation and rewards
not very good
Customer solutions representative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 July 2016
this is not the best company to work for at all they are not ready to go LIVE at all in newcastle we are so rushed and so much pressure on us ALL and the wage is a joke for what we have to do.
Pros
free travel
Cons
hours rubbish, pay is rubbish
A cool and friendly environment
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth2 April 2016
- Arrive into work and settle down at your desk
- sign in to company official software and be headset ready to take the first call.
- I have learned patience and time with customers go a long way to provide the best customer satisfaction.
- I deal with enquiries and complaints for people traveling on Virgin Trains East Coat.
- between calls I deal with correspondence written in either letter or email format.
- I have 2, 15 minute paid breaks and 1 half an hour unpaid for lunch.
- Shifts are between 0700 - 2200 hours
- I work under a manager who has a team of about 15 people, they provide constructive feedback on your call handling and the quality of your letters and emails that you send out to customers
- The management and the floor managers for this role are very considerate of hospital or doctors appointments and work closely with their employers to accommodate holiday requests.
- We have work parties and are incentivised to help motivate advisors when there is a particularly heavy work load.
- Over-all a cheerful and good place to work with a sense of togetherness.
Pros
Good hourly wage, great management, good people to work with
Cons
No routine, Contract ending and re-locating
Excellent company to work for
Rolling Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  Coast, UK8 February 2016
Enjoyable, fun and as I have a career in the railway industry I feel very at home.
I enjoy everything that I have done in this company
Pros
Complimentary travel
great company and well looked after
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2015
no such thing as a typical day, simply because we are trained not to be robots and to bring that human feel back to customers, on top of which you cannot predict what happens on the railways.
some days can be fun, some days not so fun,

in my many years on the railway I have learned what it is people truly want, they want to feel like an individual and not just "a customer"

I met many great people on the railway and they will not be forgotten, some of my greatest times where with close friends I met whilst on the rails.

its like a huge family.

best part of the job for me was making peoples day's, I personally feel if I can make someone happy it then makes me happy, kind of self satisfaction threw helping others.
enjoyed the time with the company
Station Support Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT29 April 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff and enjoyed the travel which was from edinburgh to newcastle and aberdeen and even london.
Pros
travel and meet new people