Virgin Money

Virgin Money Employee Reviews

United Kingdom84 reviews
Customer Focused Workplace
It was a good place to work with encouraging behaviors. Purpose led organisation wanting to disrupt the status quo of banking. It provides different opportunities than a standard bank
bank
I am contracted from Corps security.

Meet and greet at reception

Issue permanent and temporary passes to staff and visitors.

Report repairs

Reconcile passes

Hold and issue keys for x 5 buildings
Pros
local to me
Cons
long shidt
Productive and fun place to work
In 6 years with the company i have managed to go into the team as a post graduate (IT analyst) to a Senior Analyst progressing steadily in my career as my experience and aid from those around me grows. The best part of the job is the people there as they make the day-to-day so enjoyable.
Excellent place to work
Enjoyed my time while working here now looking for a new challenge. All staff are very friendly and welcoming. There are many benefits from working for Virgin money.
Management and HR Issues
The work tasked with is fine with no issues there just the management and HR are a nightmare. Not the company to work for if have any underlying medical issues/mental heath concerns. They act as though try to help but the ASP they put you on is a simple tick box as protocol and try every which way to discipline you for not sticking to it. Working there has made my mental health worse the last few years but if no issues as such then likely a fine place to work.
I find this a good place to work, there is a relaxed atmosphere in the office including dress code, and the current management are far removed from the numbers and target driven previous team. Lots of progression opportunities for younger members of staff.
Productive, collaborative place to work with great people
Virgin Money embodied the ethos of Virgin, which has resulted in low employee turnover in the last 10 years. I have learnt a lot and cut my teeth as a marketer with this organisation.
Good benefits, changing culture
Fast paced environment, currently going through a period of change, culture of the company is changing and may take some time to be established as the new entity.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virgin Money?
Good employer, be ready for fast paced change
Day to day is usually good, with varied requirements expected. Overall the pace is quick, and change is constant, especially following the CYBG takeover. Lower levels of management are good, there are a lot of layers the further up the line you go, which doesn't always add value. The people on the front line are great, and friendships are built quickly and for life. Overall would recommend working here
Pros
Salary, Enployee Benefits, Front Line Colleagues, Customers
Cons
Too many layers with upper management
Excellent place to work, always loads of interesting work to get involved in and the people are friendly and helpful. Only downfall is the lack of training available.
Enthusiastic, friendly and honest
Virgin Money is a great place to work. They are equally customer-focused as they are employee-focused. Lots of room for progression and growth. Approachable and honest management who understand the family and worklike balance.
The Happiest Years of My Worklife
I worked for Northern Rock/Virgin Money from 1997 to 2012. I didn’t appreciate it at the time but it was the best company I ever worked for.

Great culture, interesting work and colleagues who have become life long friends.
fast pace environment
it was okay. the day could either go quick if it was busy or slow if it wasn't. job is quite easy once you getr used to it,custome.....................................
great pplace to work
very good place, would love to go back. picked up very useful skills that have helped me through my career. I learnt a lot of professional skills and managed to show a good presentation of my hard working self, I also showed how co operative I can be from relationships built with colleagues as well as customers.
Process changes since takeover
Since merger/takeover with CYBG and Virgin Money - restructure taking place and new CYBG processes are being used and most work now being outsourced to their contractors they have built relations up with for several years.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Productive and Fun Workplace. Lovely office environment. Great culture, great people. Good work life balance. Excellent onsite facilities such as gym.
productive work place
I had a great time there. It was my first time working as a fraud analyst. I have learned so much and met people with whom I kept contact and built relationships.
Pros
free coffee
Personal assistant
I am being made redundant from Virgin Money. I’ve enjoyed my time working for them, however this is a new oppprtunity to take all the experience I have gained at VM to a new organisation.
N/a
Virgin Money take their values seriously. It is a fun place to work. We are always looking for opportunities to be different to disrupt the status quo.
very interesting
It was a good time to learn a lot about credit cards operations, all activities on it, dealing with variety of individuals, lot of support, flexible shifts. Stressful but rewarding.
Pros
overtime
Cons
different shifts
Great benefits and fair pay.
The company has a great pension where they will double your contribution up to 6% (they pay 12 if you pay 6)

There are a lot of benfits with discount on virgin products not just on virgin money.

Currently due to Brexit uncertainty and the merger with CYBG job security is not 100% secure with lots of one year or fixed term contracts. Some new employes do still get permanent contracts.

Some departments are flexibale using a flexi time like system while other have are set to work different rotas each week.

Personally ive seen it look like it's difficult to progress with people needing years if experience with the employer. However there are always jobs advertised internally which could be routes to progression.

Everyone who has been there for over half a year is also entiled to a end of year bonus which is calculated on how the business performs as a whole.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Money. Our community is ready to answer.