Virgin Money Employee Reviews

Great fun
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 March 2019
Opportunity to meet new and unique characters from all backgrounds and of all ages. From young to old, adventurous to normal. The stories you'll learn are very memorable.
Pros
Getting to meet new people
Cons
Too short breaks.
Productive and enjoyable placement
Unpaid Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 December 2018
During my work experience opportunity at Virgin Money i was able to gain an insight into the world of business. Through this experience i have gained a-lot of valuable information and knowledge.
general progression
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom London17 December 2018
Not a bad place to work. Just feel hard to move up sometimes as most of the management in their 50's so they were no moving on. Which meant you have to relocate in order to try and progress. Somtimes out of your region
Pros
good benefits
Cons
female manager favoured girls more when it came to medical appointments
good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 November 2018
work experience for high school it was fun and I had a great time staff were super friendly. This was when I was 15 so I didn't get paid but I still had fun.
Steer clear
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 August 2018
Only way to progress is if management like you
You have to start 20 minutes early everyday to start up computers (unpaid ) and stay behind 5minutes everyday ( again unpaid )
Promise you the world but do not fulfilled
Pros
Not much
Cons
Working for nothing at least 30 minutes a day
good systems good support
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire13 May 2018
good systems
good support
pleasant role
enjoyable
would return to old job
slightly hectic
large work load
good training
benefits pack for local shops
good culture
strange working hours
Nice place to work.
Fraud and Financial Crime Technician (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear1 May 2018
Nice building to work in. Knew what work you were doing each day which was good.
The staff who have worked there a long time are all in groups and it was hard to get included.
Hard to get any type of promotion or permanent contract and seems to be a case of if your face fits and who you know.
Pros
Good restaurant
Great company
Lounge Host (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire1 April 2018
I have worked for this company for a long time and have nothing negative to say about it. I am looking for another job due to career development and progression
virgin money
Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
good company, high energy and customer focused, good employee benefits and opportunities for growth, offices are a bit far out from London but reachable by train
Pros
good benifits and growth oppertunites
Good Place to Work
Customer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 November 2017
They provide exquisite training and thorough assistance in achieving goals and attaining a good working level. The workplace culture is vibrant and well managed with strict guidelines with an enjoyable team.
Cons
Late Hours
Have to brown nose to progess
Virgin money Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire24 September 2017
terrible company to work for, management only help people they like. Training is the worst i've ever experienced in any other job you're completely left out to dry
Pros
hour lunch, good benefits
Cons
management, old systems
Fun and productive place
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear10 September 2017
In the short time I was there I definitely got a feel for the culture of the office. They really take the time to get to know their staff and provide for their needs.
Pros
Good office
Cons
N/a
Good Environment
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear8 September 2017
Good place to work, with regards to people that work there. Good luck trying to advance within the company, recruitment process is horrendous and you only seem to get internal jobs if your face fits.
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
No advancement
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom22 August 2017
Loved working for VM. I had a Manager who let me manage myself.

I was able to assist my Manager to gain more experience and get involved in other projects .

Main job/project opportunities are at Head Office sites though, not much locally, so you need to relocate.

Work/life balance was a challenge, there wasn't enough hours in the day and i worked extra evenings/weekends and days off to catch up.

My location and others were always on minimum staffing so this added extra challenges and pressure.
Pros
New company
Cons
Work/Life balance
Great workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough29 July 2017
Would thoroughly recommend, loved working there with great people but not enough hours available for me. Company has a fantastic ethos, and does immense work with charity.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough hours for me
No Comment
London Lounge's Events Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2017
• Tailored events to the personal taste and budgets of clients, managing and exceeding expectations
• Maintained a portfolio of vendors/clients serving as a primary point of call
• Creating promotional material for events & distributing to target audiences
Decent workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes16 July 2017
typical day consisted of answering calls right from the moment you clock in to the very second you leave to go home. i learned that most people are alot more patient than what they're giving props for
Pros
free coffee/tea
Cons
terrible hours
A great company to work for with great ethics
VMCA (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire10 July 2017
One day is never the same as the next. A customer orientated company that truly puts the customers at the heart of everything they do. Behind on technology and current accounts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no development opporunities
Virgin money experience
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 July 2017
My experience at Virgin money has benefited me in many ways. I have learnt to deal with customers effectively helping to find the best solution with their credit crard products. I have managed to multi task in timely pressured circumstances and was able to deal with customers query efficiently.
Fun and busy
Experience (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne4 July 2017
Virgin money was a very good experience. I got picked by my recent school to go to virgin money because there were only limited spaces. In virgin money i enjoyed everything. We learned how to make CVs, how to handle money, banking and we also got prepared for interviews. The activites were really fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Around people