Virgin Media Employee Reviews

Wow
Operational Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 October 2018
Long hours and monitored breaks and lunches
No job security
No motivating progression within teams
Distance
Management is not the best within teams
Small workplace benefits
Enjoyed my time there
Customer retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea3 October 2018
Enjoyed my time working here, but sadly the company decided to close the building, leaving lot's of people jobless with family's still recruiting but still closing
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Closing
Good company to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  National2 October 2018
As a permanent employee, VM are good to work for. However, as a contractor they changed their policy after being bought by Liberty Global and now they hire and fire at a moments notice- contractors are just a number on a spreadsheet.
Draining place to work!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Teeside27 September 2018
My time at Virgin media at the start was brill! Mates became my best friends and we still keep in contact. However, settling into our teams after the initial training, never known an atmosphere like it! The management are like school kids! Some managers like causing drama! Managers also don't seem to follow company policy!
It's also not enough money for the stress and abuse you get over the phone.
Pros
Made good friends!
Cons
Management with playground behaviour.
To get anywhere you have to be in the clique
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  eagle court, birmingham16 September 2018
Very cliquey environment, you have to be in it to get anywhere, and they don't let just anybody in. A lot of promotions are given to family members of senior management or their friends.
Hard work and dedication will only get you a secondment role, while they find the person they want for the job.
honestly don't bother.
Pros
free parking
Cons
negative environment, harldy any work life balance, no flexi time. very cliquey.
Great work ethics
Demand Planning & Forecasting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnersh, Berkshire12 September 2018
Virgin Media is a great place to work. The make sure employees are well looked after and provide a great work life balance. They have looked after me over the years. I have learnt and developed a lot over the years at Virgin Media which helped raise my profile withing various divisions.
Fun
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire10 September 2018
Good, fun place to work when you're younger. Enjoyed the Virgin ethos and brilliant perks. The summer parties and Christmas parties were fabulous. Good employee morale!
Pros
Perks
Cons
Poor shift pattern
Focussed yet relaxed culture
Data Analyst - Performance and Reporting (Current Employee) –  Hook, Hampshire7 September 2018
Hit the ground running.
Great interaction with colleagues.
Socialising very much encouraged.
Strong work ethic and values.
No hand holding - get on with the task in hand.
Great team work, superb results.
Pros
The people
Cons
Fun and forward place to work
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 September 2018
Good company with excellent benefits and great opportunities for further advance yourself and very flexible and helpful with employees who have children giving the advantage of changing shifts to suit home life if and when possible.
Former Employee
Telephone Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 September 2018
I started working for virginmedia in thd early days when it was Nynex and worked through may company changes and worked from installation to office based roles which i enjoyed most of the time i have had some good managers and some terrible managers that got there becsise they were liked not because they can do the job and basically if uour face fits your in if your not a yes person you will get no ware benefits are good but the value of the pay was reduced when virgin media became a company NTL were on higher wages than telewest and the took the telewest salaries for new employers and existing employees were red lined on pay until the others came up to there salary due to agencies being used there are people brought in just to fill vacancies because the job security is not there for any perm team member so no quality of staff or management are only there for themselves i did apply for Field Management again that i had previously done before but with this company but was never successful and other positions in the field same story promotion is on wether the Management like you or not but i have always told people what they dont like to hear and this as put a block on my promotional and transfer expectations because different managers tlk to each other for advice on the employee
Pros
Some good people
Cons
sending it off shore which customers dont like terrible hours and Pay benefits not as good now
rubish
cable puller and fiber optic fitter (Former Employee) –  Coventry2 September 2018
what an awful place to work the training is not worth anything the pay is minimul and the hours are very long and the managers are clueless every member of staff hates it
Pros
Cons
everything
it was a fun place to work until it was announced they were closing our call center
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea30 August 2018
in May it was announced that our center would be closing in May 2019, since then I will be honest it's not been the best place to work.
I love the people I work with but the company Liberty Global who own Virgin Media have put so many obstacles in our way it really is not nice to be here!
Pros
cheaper services if you live in a virgin media cabled area
Cons
varied shift pattern working until 10pm in the week and 8pm on weekends
Shocking management and double standards
Outbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire30 August 2018
wow just wow the amount of b.s. wrote on here from current employees is frightening!! I started this role and from the off loved it great job and fantastic people who you work with. however, cracks began to appear wheb you begin to question the "STRUCTURE" it appears absolutely fine for established members of staff to sell in there own way but if you try this yourself your castigated for selling wrong. also the culture is based on young people if your the wrong side of 30 your a dinasour and considered outdated. I am a family man and my family comes 1st so when "voluntary" overtime is mentioned and you dont do it your classed as not a team player... there is also the mention of the summerball and xmas party which is fantastic on the basis rewarding staff. however, again if you feel perfectly comfortable with staff and management shoving drugs up there nose then all good... i was sacked from my job for doing exactly what established members of staff do in the role of selling..
Pros
good pay and some incentives
Cons
double standards treated like a baby and talked to like dirt. managers hace no idea
Started good ended bad
Broadband and Digital TV technician (Former Employee) –  Wales29 August 2018
to begin with the company was owned directly by virgin media, they looked after the staff including many benefits, they were bought by another company and the staff came last, we suffered as a result and now they are closing down 500+ jobs
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 August 2018
Work hard and get screwed over .
Try hard and don’t get any appreciation.
Face fits
Mangers having affairs .
If you work hard then you get looked at like your dodgy
Pros
Not any
Cons
All of the job
Fun place
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill22 August 2018
The whole experience of working for Virgin Media was fantastic, from telesales to administration, such a jolly place to work, everyone enjoyed going to work for virgin
Pros
Weekly competions
Avoid if you are a contractor
Contract P.M. (Former Employee) –  Hook, Hampshire21 August 2018
Dreadful place to work in my experience.

Thier "induction" provide no meaningful support, I waited weeks for a 'phone, and sat around for the best part of a week awaiting a laptop!!

The managers are timid, confused and incompetent.
They do not know what they want to do and are not capable of defining your job requirements in a meaningful, clear and unambiguous manner.

The "colleagues" are extremely cliquey and unhelpful. I would go as far as to say obstructive on occasion.

Absolutely awful place.

Now I understand why their customer service is so unutterably dreaful - children doing adult jobs and playing in their own sandpits.
Pros
Cons
Just having to work there, with the insufferable culture and attitudes.
Field Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth to plymouth21 August 2018
Brilliant company . It helped as I had a fantastic boss. Great company . Creating leads converting into sales . Working in a team or on your own sometimes.
Pros
Incentives. Meeting people great plac o work
n/a
Customer Relations Executive (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees20 August 2018
Good company to work for, excellent benefits and private healthcare. Typical day was on the phones dealing with customer issues and complaints and resolving problems. Great people to work with.
Fun work place, depending on the team you have
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield17 August 2018
Great place to work if you are commission driven.
Depending on location of your store. Some days it is very hard to hit target. If you don't hit your targets that's another story.
Its best to get your name known by the big bosses. In a good way, if you want to progress within the company.Otherwise you will be stuck in a sales position with no progression.
On a slow day its like watching tumble weed go by and you know that you are falling behind on your target and will have to make up for it somehow.
You will enjoy working with some great energetic people who are driven to succeed.
Pros
Good discount with anything Virgin (the company) related
Cons
hard to hit target when you fall behind each day