Virgin Media
Coronavirus update
Information from Virgin Media:

Virgin Media Employee Reviews

United Kingdom781 reviews
fast paced, good general vibe, gets old really quickly though as there is not a lot of progression opportunities.
overall good experience but a lot of favouritism can occur.
Not a lot of chance for progression in all the time i was there.. Management is varied. Some people are just the worst, like anywhere; but overall a good vibe from management. Challenges include a fast paced work environment, dealing with all types of people from nice to angry to abusive; working in all types of weather, and trying to manage all jobs at first.

Most enjoyable parts would be the shift pattern and summer time outdoors working.
productive and challenging
I would meet new people, I would learn how to concar new tasks set to me, I would work alone which meant I had to be trusted I enjoyed every part of the job as I love new chellenges and also not being stuck in one location
Fun place to work
You were kept busy throughout the day, no chance to get bored. Some days were hectic and others were more relaxed. There was a lot of interaction with coworkers.
Very poor management
I came into the role as an apprentice and was promised training and structure. The first 5 months I was left on my own with no guidance and was told to kick back. It was very ridiculous so I asked my manager if I could have some sort of training and to which he started shouting at me saying we have had lots of training. Since that talk he started to bully and mistreat me at work. I complained and nothing was done. Instead I was dismissed because he found out that I had complained about him. Good luck if you are going to work there.
Fast paced
With a lot of technology changing constantly, their are a good few challenges! Which you need to be prepared for and to adapt to changes. In particular the products and tv channels and tariffs etc
Worst placed I’ve ever worked!
This is the worst job I’ve ever had. You are working all the hours in the day for terrible wages which for me my worst day was started at 7am and got home about 11pm and they expected me back in the morning at 7am.It’s very hard labour very stressful and u get treated like rubbish. They also trap you in with you have to pay for the training if you leave within 12 months which most people do coz they can’t stand it.
inbound sales
was original ntl when virgin took over wages were slashed sales commission slashed and capped computer system was cutting edge with ntl and with virgin replaced with old fashioned one from telewest.staff forced to work off scripts and indoctrinated to be 'virgin' role model and even forced to read and follow bransons book as if hes a messiah ? also forced to sell other virgin brands like mobile coke and lastly day they took over swapped most jobs to far east yo save costs but comsumers lost channels and prices constantly going up
Pros
none total rubbish
Cons
hours wages stability
Dont do it
Don't do it wasn't the best experience no team work lack of interest from experienced staff forced overtime can't take holidays when YOU want them it's just not worth the hassle
Management rude dont care
Management don’t care your made to do about 20 jobs in a day with most jobs only being allowed 30 mine so you could never do it. You can’t really learn on the job cause who your with is constantly rushing. You have to also do sales and its very much about targets targets targets rather than good customer service. You don’t ever get a lunch because your either catching up or you don't want to run behind
Pros
Free coffee n teas that’s about it 😂
Cons
Pretty much everything
Slow and tedious
Dead end job. Made redundant after 5 months.
Not the sales opportunities I expected. Cable and broadband market saturated. Hence entire Venue team was made redundant
well what to say!
I do not have much to say about the company as it was a stepping stone for me o leave the retail sector into the engineering sector as I had a change of career.
Meh
Average job, poor management, 24/7 abuse from customers, ZERO communication from management and fellow staff members, only good think was a company car and even that was splattered with virgin media all over it
Encourage to dress comfortably, but work is serious.
On a temp contract would be happy to accept a permanent role. I find Virgin to be a good place to work you can make it what you want. Whether you want to advance yourself or just get on with the job.
Job for the Boys
This company only takes on younger generation people as all the managers are kids themselves. If your not in the click then you don't stand a hope of progression. You need to be a yes man and your finger needs to resemble a stick of rock (Does not matter where you break it) it will read VIRGIN MEDIA. If you don't live and breath VIRGIN MEDIA then your doomed.
Easy , boring at time other times competitive and stressfull
Great company, having worked here for 10 years, I don't know anything else. Can be difficult to progress no matter how good you are, can we be the best and do everything right. Managers will favour and not listen. This can be very and undermining. Need to speak out and always challenge for what's right. Otherwise a great environment. undermineding stressfull
Look Elsewhere
Worst job I’ve ever had. Job was as a customer service advisor but constantly had to make debt collection calls as well as constantly being pushed to make sales and upgrade already angry customers. Don’t even dare to go off sick either! A colleague was off sick for one day and one of the managers told him outside of work that he was so p***ed off with him for calling in sick that day.
"If you're not hitting the delusional targets, you become the target!"
Responsibility ultimately lies with the CEO of Virgin Media!! So get your act together!!

Massive turnover of technical staff due to incompetent senior/junior managers. Virgin could dispense with half the managers for equal performance, considering their two-faced persona!

A culture of profit before the well-being of staff or customers. You're a "TOPMAN" if you push the RAF (refer a friend) leaflets into sales. Keep those NPS scores high again..."TOPMAN".

You're targeted on how long you stay at the customer's house. Compromised between quality of installation/service and moving to the next job.

"If you're not hitting the delusional targets, you become the target!"

Be a TOP-PERSON and look to a brighter future elsewhere!
No life
Work hard pay hard not in this job, work hard and then you get nothing for it, everyday is a telling off day. People what’s been there for years have contacts you just start you got nothing and when you get new doors the old employees go knock all Your doors and get the sales and then there say well that was my door I had business already here
Lot's to do
I was multi-tasking so was always busy which is good.

Working as Senior and most of the time as a Lead Business Analyst. I was:

Invited back into a more hands on role but still working on the Legacy Fixed Line to VoIP Telephony Transformation Programme of work. My contract ended in December after over 3 years and this role included:

oProviding lead analysis for the programme’s top priority - Single Telephone Line Migration.

oGathering, defining and maintaining detailed business requirements in various formats including the Word document wrapper, an Excel requirements trace-ability matrix (RTM), Use Cases, AS-IS and TO-BE process maps / swim-lane diagrams, UAT requirements, TOM, Migration, and Operational Support Models.

oDealing directly with all key stakeholders, leading workshops and directing the flow of events.

oAs well as the above I have performed several other tasks including defining and achieving sign off of the Routing Database Target Operating Model (TOM), defining how Support Model diagrams should be standardised, and producing scoping briefs to initiate 3 other parts of the project.

oThis has involved a lot of analysis on both Web Sales / Sales Agent Front End Systems such as Salesforce CRM plus the related Back End systems that perform most of the day to day customer processing such as Billing, Provisioning and Customer Relationship Management.
Pros
Flexible hours, working at various locations and from home.
Cons
Could have done with decision makers making decisions more quickly.
Not sure
Good place too work but stats are commission based and sometimes difficult to achieve. Good opportunity to advance if driven.
Has excellent benefits for employees.
Decent salary but poorly managed
The people are friendly enough but the culture of their customer service is heavily focused on efficiency over actual service. The systems are outdated and unreliable but they won't be changed because this is how things have always been done. There's an "if it isn't broke, don't fix it attitude" even though it's very broken. There's no sense of direction, every day seems to be fighting fires
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Media. Our community is ready to answer.