Virgin Media Employee Reviews

work
I currently work as a customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire17 May 2018
Arrive at work, log into your PC. Launch the needed applications and you are good to go. Could be better with organising shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help and train staff and new recruits.
Great place
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom16 May 2018
Enjoyed my time at the company. very good management and staff. nice canteen. access to many different department and good benefits......................................
A day in the life of a Virgin Engineer
Access Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentford7 May 2018
Arrive At properties and diagnose the issue, head to the loal cabinet and/or Multplexer if necessary, Splice and repair Telco or COAX cabling to restore services and check signal levels to ensure they are within specification for the good of the wider network
Pros
Time Working Vs Time Off, Happy Customers
Cons
Sales Drives Via RAF, Irate Customers
Fun but fast pace work enviroment
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 May 2018
Daily tasks.......... open and closing the store, opening/closing tills, banking, working out individual monthly targets, weekly sales meetings, sales training sessions and any other daily tasks involved in running a shop.
Virgin Media have a very fun and happy working environment which i haven't found anywhere else, they very much focus on looking after their staff and the rest will take care of its self and to an extent i absolutely agree.The most enjoyable part of the job was the managers meetings, they focus a lot on everyone getting to know the other managers across the company which was always very fun and also gave me a chance to learn skills from more experienced management. i feel this really helped me grow as a manager.
The Exeter store unfortunately had quite a high staff turn over which i struggled slightly with as i was responsible for some of the training so i found myself starting all over again, numerous times.
Pros
Great commission structure and a really fun environment to work in
Cons
Poor communication between branches and area management
First job
General Administrator (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee) –  Sheldon5 May 2018
I was always hardworking and concentrated on completing my deadlines given to me. I was involved in handling customers bills and sending them off to the customers address.
No chance for advancement
Frontline technical advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea3 May 2018
it was just a waste of my time and effort, the love for the job just had a steady fall, it seems as they had plans for offshore call centres the home centre were doomed. Nothing was ever done to correct flaws or to follow up on improvemnts needed.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Great benefits, flexible working options.
Knowledge Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Threapwood2 May 2018
Interesting roles, lots of opportunities, but sometimes lacked direction in key areas which caused unnecessary pressure. The business does work hard to recognise this though and put new approaches in place.
Many happy years spent
Network/Business Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth27 April 2018
From Apprentice to R and D engineer set me up for a good working career. Varied positions held in my 17yr span, working at different site locations, nationwide and eventually European wide. This broaden my horizons and improved my self confidence to meet and deal with many different situations.
Pros
Learnt alot
fun work place
retail sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex22 April 2018
I don't want to write this review, but the website won't let me get past it without doing so. A normal day at work is fine, challenges only really extend to upselling products and helping customers with broken phones.
Pros
commission
Cons
not enough hours
Work
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield18 April 2018
I currently work here and I am happy overall with the job. Great team of people and I like the reward and recognition scheme. I would recommend to anyone.

Want to know more about Virgin Media?

Ask a question
Service Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 April 2018
There are more negatives then positives at Virgin! One rule for a manager and a different rule for a technician! There’s no work life balance at all! Never guaranteed to finish on time! Long working hours! Overtime is forced and isn’t optional! Don’t have time for a lunch break because they pile you with too much work! Pay isn’t good enough for what they expect you to do in such a small time limit! Fixer, installer, gardner, salesman... the list continues! I could keep moaning about the company but I think you get the idea. Wouldn’t recommend Virgin services to anyone or jobs! (Keep up with sky-Q!!)
Pros
Comany van, company phone, tools, uniform, colleagues
Cons
Long overs, forced overtime, no work life balance, managers are snakes
Good place to begin telecom career
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London18 April 2018
Great place to work, learned a lot there.
A typical day would mean to go to people houses and either/install virgin equipment or replace , fault finding and so on.
Pros
It s just you and the van
Cons
Some people in management team are useless, and one supervisor there was kind of mean with people in general to be polite
fantastic people and great place to gain exp.
Previouse store manager now stand senior (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire17 April 2018
I have worked for various sales channels for virgin media, My most recent role has been in the retail side of virgin media. There are some fantastic people that work for this company and you can and will learn about selling, customer experience, mobiles, technology and much more. I have travelled the country for the company gone to some wonderful events and again met some great people. Virgin have an excellent support and benefits package which has helped me over the years. But it is time to move on, I want to further what I have learnt and have taken everything I can for now from virgin.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
pay, expectations, career cap.
an enjoyable place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire1 April 2018
a very target driven company in which you can have fun at the same time. very realistic chances of progression within the company quickly. able to stand around and watch sports if its quiet too
Pros
commission, shares, subsidised tv
Cons
sundays
fun work place
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 March 2018
absolutely loved everyday at Virgin Media
Great benefits and great people!
I built up my independency, team working skills and learnt to work quickly under pressure.
Pros
everything
Cons
n/a
Collections
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 March 2018
Dealing with accounts that are in arrears collecting payments and advising customers of payment plans and sending accounts to debt agencies. Taking payments over the phone
day at work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 March 2018
work 7am-8pm service calls or installs at customers premises.
always a good feeling getting customers equiptment back up and running or new customers on the service.
Not your typical sales environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Southampton13 March 2018
A good bunch of people who really want the best and always strive for better and learning. You can build a genuine interaction with customers without the need for overselling. The people are what makes this company special.
Management feedback is regular and put forward in a constructive and helpful manner. The environment is upbeat and interactive with the rest of the team.
Pros
Regular incentives of free lunch and shopping vouchers
Cons
Have to hit targets to achieve commission
Excellent department
Outbound cold caller (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 March 2018
Fantastic people, great culture in a team environment which is friendly and shares success. An extremely successful department with fantastic managers, and lots of career progression for those who want to go further. Great rewards and excellent benefits. The support and investment is incredible.
Pros
Rewards, incentives, working hours early finish Friday, Great people, training and support
fast paced
Teleperformance call centre (Former Employee) –  Aidrie6 March 2018
the job itself was good although it was the management that were the usue as not 1 manager actually cared about the role they were in and didnt care about any costumers
Pros
staff discount
Cons
company closed department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Media. Our community is ready to answer.