Virgin Holidays Employee Reviews

Best company I have ever worked for!
Personal Holiday Adviser (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 June 2019
I have only been with the company for a few months, but I am impressed by how well employees are treated. Here are some of my favourite things:

1) Cheap/Free travel deals, standby flights etc.
2) Very dapper uniforms (designed by Vivienne Westwood)
3) I love traveling and I get to talk about it with people all day long
4) I received a full month of full time training near London, all expenses paid for
5) Additional training available every month, all travel/hotels/food paid for - the events are super informative.
6) I have met a lot of people in the head office who have worked for the company for 20-30 years - always a good sign! A lot left and came back as they realised its hard to find better.
7) Fam trips - trips the company takes you on to get familiarised with the products we are selling. Doesn't happen too often, but it does not use your holiday days, you get paid as for working time AND its all paid for by the company.
8) Loads of incentives - I am competitive and I love it.

Downside:

1) The pay is fairly low. Even if performing really well the consultants wont make more than 24-26k/year. Good thing is the company has a great number of positions available in different departments with better salaries if you are considering a long term career.

2) Job security sometimes feel a bit shaky as some restructure works are taking place internally, certain positions fall under the threat of redundancy. It is naturally normal though in any company undergoing changes. People are though offered potential alternatives when suitable for the situation.

3) The
  more... recruitment process was fairly extensive, though with so many people wanting to work for the company I am guessing it's due to the amount of applicants

Overall, definitely the best in the industry by far, but most likely suitable for travel fanatics like myself. I work to be able to travel and since this job enables me to do it, monetary rewards are much less important.
Pros
Cheap free travel, great environment, lots of development, fam trips, incentives
Cons
Fairly low pay, extensive recruitment process
Fun place to work with opportunities
Online Trading Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex1 April 2019
Good culture, lots of opportunities within company. Good on the job training and brilliant travel benefits. Great work life balance and if you are passionate about travel you will go a long way here.
Great benefits
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent13 February 2019
Great company to work for who provide amazing benefits. Career progression however isn't a priority. Overall enjoyed my experience of working with Virgin, however for someone ambitious, it's probably not the right role.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Career Progression
Fun workplace
Recruitment Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  crawley12 December 2018
Virgin Holidays provide worldwide holidays and cater to any budgey for multiple locations for singles, couples or groups. They have expertise in many worldwide locations.
Great workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol25 September 2018
Virgin are one of those companies that excel in luxury travel, and Florida
The staff are very knowledgeable and professional in what they do.
And will ensure that everything meets your minimum expectations if not more
great, energetic workplace!
Trading & Events Executive (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex20 September 2018
In my time that I worked at Virgin Holidays I met some amazing people and had several opportunities that I took to progress my career and skills.

Virgin was an extremely fun and forward-thinking company to work for!
Used to be good but not anymore
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Retail17 July 2018
This used to be a good company to work for but recently they made 2/3 of their managers redundant. They laid off really good, loyal staff members who had been with the company a long time and now expect the remaining staff to take on the extra work load.
High pressure, target driven sales environment. You are just a number and very much disposable.
Basic wage is poor for a very difficult job. Commission can be ok if you are prepared to work from home on your days off to hit targets.
Management is horrendous, very clique and very much us versus them.
Pros
Standby flights
Cons
High pressure, no support
Amazing place to work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Crawley7 July 2018
The experience of working for Virgin Holidays was brilliant overall. They are not afraid to try new things especially technological innovations, and that was really exciting.
The department that I was in, the senior management was not supportive or consistent with messaging or managing and as a result the management had a high turnover which was unsettling for the team.
Loved the people within the company, my typical day was never typical which made for a really interesting role and helping the customers made it so rewarding.
Learned so much they had a brilliant training portal which you had access to and they encouraged you to learn at any opportunity.
Benefits are brilliant, in particular travel and pensions. Would highly recommend anyone to work for Virgin Holidays.
Benefits
Cons
Staff turnover
Great Company with right attitude.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  UK12 May 2018
Virgin is always very hip and creative! Great ambience and co-workers. Great team!
Management laws and policies change rapidly. but follow strict guidelines. Benefits are not that great but will definitely give you a career push.
Pros
Discounted holidays and trips. Fam trips.
Cons
Rapidly changing policies.
Encourageable and Fun
Quality Assurance Executive (Former Employee) –  Crawley6 May 2018
Working to deadlines.
Contract loading onto system for sale.
Approachable management including CEO.
To be happy and exceed in performance.
Something wrong with system.
Acknowledgement and recognition of the great work you did.
Pros
Free treats or event for hitting targets
Cons
An airline sending in their sale contract late on a Friday
Productive workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2017
Bubbly, friendly & helpful people who are sales and target driven. Patient & computer literate with attention to detail. Good communication & people skills.
Pros
Travel concessions
Cons
Fast past and very target driven
Great company to work for
Sales Manager UK (Current Employee) –  Midlands28 November 2017
Excellent staff benefits within the company
Hit targets and gain the rewards
Recognition
Beautiful uniform
Constant support
Potential FAM trips yearly
fun place to work
Travel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex2 October 2017
fun place to work, but pay never increases and is low pay if you do not meet targets over tier 1. would recommend if starting sales and enjoys travel.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low Pay
Worst place i have ever worked
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent23 August 2017
If you have a disability, child, need support, or just need to improve your technique then there's no support.
Seriously high targets and seriously harsh issues if the targets are not met.
If you work if head office the staff are lovely and it's a wonderful environment to be in, however if you work in a store beware, the staff are gossips, no one supports each other.
There's no thankyou for coming in and changing your shifts, you work from home on your day off, leave and come in a hour early and don't get paid overtime.
Your a number not a person.

Best thing I done was leave.
Pros
Its a Job
Fun and enjoyable
Part Time Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire15 August 2017
I absolutely loved my role here but, was unfortunately made redundant coming off maternity leave due to a store closure and the other store couldn't accommodate any flexible working requests.

My day would consist of greeting customers, building rapport, finding and tailoring exclusive holiday itineraries for them, promoting package discounts and sales offers, marketing, hitting targets and admin duties.
Pros
fantastic team and company
Cons
not flexible
Doggy dog world
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex9 August 2017
A very American way of hiring and firing. Most Managers are very stressed and do not have time for their staff. Not a good environment to work in! Don't believe the hype!
Pros
free parking and tickets
Cons
long hours, stress
Fun place to work
Retail Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester17 July 2017
Generating enquiries
Taking call centre calls
Booking package holidays for customers
Working on my own and as part of a team
To be the external face of Virgin Holidays retail offering advice face to face and also on the phone
To communicate professionally with customers and provide exceptional service
To have a keen eye for keeping customer facing merchandise up to date and sales focussed to encourage customer enquiries and sales
To promote the store through leafleting and other marketing activities to generate sales
To work as a supportive member of a small team to ensure targets are achieved
To learn the products and be able to describe features and benefits to customers depending on their needs
To maximise sales and the customers holiday experience by suggesting upgrades and additional products
Driven to meet and exceed personal sales targets
To always be looking for innovative ways to generate new business
Cons
evening and weekend work
Productive and very rewarding
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 July 2017
A typical day a Virgin Holidays is fun and productive. I learned different selling techniques and systems. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you sell a Dream Holiday and see how happy the customers are.
Repetitive
Ground Operations Exec (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex29 June 2017
In the morning we have processes to complete and ensure was done for the day to move forward efficiently.

Throughout the day we have to keep on top of our incoming mail.
brilliant company
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire19 May 2017
There is no typical day at work everyday brings something different, a new challenge the role consists of working as a team, learning complex computer systems and hitting targets in a daily basis, I have learnt alot from this job role from working as a tight team but also by myself and how to think on my feet without a negative outcome for both the company and customer.
Pros
brilliant staff benefits
Cons
distance from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Holidays. Our community is ready to answer.

Virgin Holidays Reviews by Location