Virgin Holidays

Virgin Holidays Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews
The benefits were the best in the industry
every day was different

the people really did seem to come first

great leaders and collaborative nature all round
Good points - free flights

Bad points - constantly restructuring of management and processes so no job security. Bullying and mean girl behaviour allowed. Lower than average basic salary and unachievable targets so no bonus.
Great opportunities and good work life balance, great perks to see the world
Managing a small team on the road and in the office working closely with each one motivating to get the best results.

Making rapport with each person was my most enjoyable job and watching people grow and exceed in their roles.

I learnt how to keep a customer satisfied as well as support and drive a team to achieve their goals.

I love to inspire and develop a person and motivate them to set personal goals and work towards them.

I found it hard that the company did not follow up with sufficient training when introducing new systems or policies.
Pros
Flexibility, meeting customer satisfaction, team building
Cons
Lack of training, Communication
Working at Virgin Holidays was fast paced as well as fun.We worked hard and played hard. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Virgin and honestly thought I would retire working for this amazing company. Due to Covid-19 I had to make a very difficult decision and take Voluntary Severance. The company I loved to work for showed me how to work hard and see the benefits of a work life balance. Virgin was not only my place of work, but also my 2nd family.
I loved working for Virgin, I never felt like I was going to work. Every day was different and fun.
You really feel like you are part of a team. When you work with your family how can it be hard.
It is a great place to work though they are now making everyone redundant because of the current crisis, wouldnt currently look at getting a job there.
Perfect for part time workers
Hard to hit unrealistic targets so don’t fully rely on commissions. but still a great company to work for. I lived too far away which made my day very long with travelling
Virgin Holiday was a good company to work for. They treated their staff really well and the management team was proactive, open to ideas and promoted collaboration. The commercials and packages were always changing so you had to be adaptable with a growth mindset
Great concessions after 6 months but horrible late shifts and no weekends off ever! Ramming targets down your neck about 10-15 times a day via email. Customers were constantly harassed to book
Pros
Free flights after 6 months (taxes payable)
Cons
No proper lunch breaks. No overtime. No weekends off . Very target driven
The workload I was given was simply too much for one person to achieve and the support was simply none existent. I wouldn't ever work there again or recommend that anyone else does.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virgin Holidays?
the shops are always dead but you are required to work to meet the targets for their company and constant reviews and insecurity of your job when you don't meet your target. The staff are arrogant and will do anything to get people who's face doesn't ft out with little support from management in building and progressing. The same staff get all of the rewards, trips, holidays paid by the company and you work for minimum wage constantly pressured about targets and whether you are going to meet them. Unneccessary stress for minimum wage
Virgin is a great place to work, the staff are great as well as the benefits you receive as part of your rewards program are great. However the work life balance is not great, you will be bringing emails home and working on quotes from home. Also the amount of work and stress you receive from the job is not worth the salary you are paid.
I was a university student at the time I worked here and the support I received was shocking. I was working as a retail concierge and had been told off for not coming into work 20 minutes earlier like the rest of the team to hoover the floors etc... Even though the rest of the team were on a commission-based salary. Other than that the uniform made the job exciting but the management was very much oldskool in terms of the man is the boss.
I have only been with the company for a few months, but I am impressed by how well employees are treated. Here are some of my favourite things:

1) Cheap/Free travel deals, standby flights etc.

2) Very dapper uniforms (designed by Vivienne Westwood)

3) I love traveling and I get to talk about it with people all day long

4) I received a full month of full time training near London, all expenses paid for

5) Additional training available every month, all travel/hotels/food paid for - the events are super informative.

6) I have met a lot of people in the head office who have worked for the company for 20-30 years - always a good sign! A lot left and came back as they realised its hard to find better.

7) Fam trips - trips the company takes you on to get familiarised with the products we are selling. Doesn't happen too often, but it does not use your holiday days, you get paid as for working time AND its all paid for by the company.

8) Loads of incentives - I am competitive and I love it.

Downside:

1) The pay is fairly low. Even if performing really well the consultants wont make more than 24-26k/year. Good thing is the company has a great number of positions available in different departments with better salaries if you are considering a long term career.

2) Job security sometimes feel a bit shaky as some restructure works are taking place internally, certain positions fall under the threat of redundancy. It is naturally normal though in any company undergoing changes. People are though offered potential alternatives when suitable for the situation.

3) The
 - more...
Pros
Cheap free travel, great environment, lots of development, fam trips, incentives
Cons
Fairly low pay, extensive recruitment process
Good culture, lots of opportunities within company. Good on the job training and brilliant travel benefits. Great work life balance and if you are passionate about travel you will go a long way here.
Great company to work for who provide amazing benefits. Career progression however isn't a priority. Overall enjoyed my experience of working with Virgin, however for someone ambitious, it's probably not the right role.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Career Progression
Virgin Holidays provide worldwide holidays and cater to any budgey for multiple locations for singles, couples or groups. They have expertise in many worldwide locations.
Virgin are one of those companies that excel in luxury travel, and Florida
The staff are very knowledgeable and professional in what they do.

And will ensure that everything meets your minimum expectations if not more
In my time that I worked at Virgin Holidays I met some amazing people and had several opportunities that I took to progress my career and skills.

Virgin was an extremely fun and forward-thinking company to work for!
This used to be a good company to work for but recently they made 2/3 of their managers redundant. They laid off really good, loyal staff members who had been with the company a long time and now expect the remaining staff to take on the extra work load.
High pressure, target driven sales environment. You are just a number and very much disposable.

Basic wage is poor for a very difficult job. Commission can be ok if you are prepared to work from home on your days off to hit targets.

Management is horrendous, very clique and very much us versus them.
Pros
Standby flights
Cons
High pressure, no support
The experience of working for Virgin Holidays was brilliant overall. They are not afraid to try new things especially technological innovations, and that was really exciting.
The department that I was in, the senior management was not supportive or consistent with messaging or managing and as a result the management had a high turnover which was unsettling for the team.

Loved the people within the company, my typical day was never typical which made for a really interesting role and helping the customers made it so rewarding.

Learned so much they had a brilliant training portal which you had access to and they encouraged you to learn at any opportunity.

Benefits are brilliant, in particular travel and pensions. Would highly recommend anyone to work for Virgin Holidays.
Benefits
Cons
Staff turnover