Virgin Care Employee Reviews

Hard working Nurses
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire4 April 2019
But..... just don’t join this company! Top management do not care about employees at all. Processes are not followed. Training awful! Basically they make it up as they go along.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Every thing
utter shambles
Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire2 April 2019
The opportunity to put a zero is not missed on this review -the debacle that is Virgin Healthcare Lancashire beggars belief, it is utterly shambolic, and all those promises we were given are clearly just that, empty promises, this is a disgrace - lost paperwork, not transfer of files and data, no office to work from, no insurance for our work we do in our own vehicles in our own homes effectively supporting the company via stealth, I could go on, but I do not intend to work with this bunch of shisters.
Pros
Cons
utterly disorganised
Fantastic place to work - with real opportunity!
People Team Member (Current Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire6 March 2019
I work in the HR team and I am so proud of the hard work that goes into supporting the wider services. The patients and service users are at the heart of everything we do.

The management push you to develop and progress your career, I have moved up in my role in the first year! I also have complete autonomy - I manage my own diary - I can work from home and they promote a health work life balance.

The culture is fun, friendly, mature and understanding!

The most enjoyable part is the team members, the support from management!
Pros
Excellent office facilities, excellent progression, excellent support!
SHOCKING - AN UNPLEASANT JOKE - Applauding inner circle culture with hidden agendas
IT Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire5 March 2019
They can get it right, look at their new PRIVATE healthcare, they just choose not to. Virgin Care(less) will bid for services make all the promises in the world and FAIL TO DELIVER. Blame others and SUE them! They will come in take over and leave you to work with out of date and disfunctional software and hardware. Mobilisations are rushed and delivered with a level of incompetence that is comical.
They are very cloak and dagger, with closed door meetings going on and inner circle culture which means people taking prise for your thoughts and ideas. Mangers just dumping on you from a great height!
Way TOO managers which is a big surprise as there is no management! I couldn't work in the main offices due to total lack of professionalism and ZERO work ethic they employ! So I just worked from home for the last year.
I have never seen the 'Peter Principal' employed so frequently and with such gusto. Management accept little responsibility for the current state of affairs (it all rolls down hill)!, EXTREMELY LOW MORAL through out the company. I worked ALL over and the fact is management DON'T care. If you raise issues you just get told your expendable and replaceable (i think thats a line from VIRGIN corporate) .
During my time they had another round of SURPRISE REDUNDANCIES, perfect time to CUT the wheat from the chaff . Nope they kept the chaff and in some cases promoted them! UTTER JOKE,then gave everyone a payrise, whilst half the staff are realling over the lost of much needed colleagues. All the staff I spoke to said this was a appalling and a slap in the face from management.
  more...
If you part of the inner circle, LIFE IS GREAT and its fab place to work! Otherwise take heed of what other people say and be warned!
Looking at other review sites - its not just me! :)
Pros
worked from home, zero management interference, working your own hours
Cons
Management, Directors, Cloak and dagger, hidden agendas
Couldn’t run a p*** up in a brewery
Safeguarding Officer (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset28 February 2019
Admin staff treated appealingly
Worst job I’ve ever had
Do not work for them
Need I say more?
Pros
I’m leaving
Cons
Not soon enough
Great place to work and develop
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent7 February 2019
I have been working for Virgin Care for a year now and I can honestly say I will never go back to the NHS. I have been in the NHS since 2004 and have worked for a variety of trusts and social enterprises.

It is a breath of fresh air working in an environment where you can make positive changes for patients and staff. Management takes our suggestions and makes changes to ways of working based on feedback from front line staff.

Senior managers hold regular meetings with the teams where feedback is given on performance and what the overall direction of travel is within the business unit. We are also able to access an innovation fund to bring in new ideas to improve patient and staff experience!
Pros
Management that listen and respond to suggestions
Cons
IT systems that are complex
So much worse than the NHS
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  East Staffs23 January 2019
As a clinician for Virgin Care I feel totaly worthless, unappreciated and unsupported. I was tupe'd across from the NHS and was taken in with all the hype that this was going to be great. How wrong I was, this is by far the worst employer I have ever worked for and I'm just hanging in hoping that they'll lose their NHS contract (which looks highly likely) and then get tupe'd back to the NHS. I feel like removing my name from my namebadge and replacing it with my employee number !
Support work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Banes8 December 2018
Unpleasant company management will try to recruit for as low a grade as possible bullying culture spot salaries no incraments no pay rise high turn over of staff
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Big brand name focus cast system culture agressive management
Urgent Changes Needed at Top to Rescue Company
Team Lead/Superviser (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset5 December 2018
An organisation jam-packed with an enormous asset of talented, hard-working and friendly staff, who are unfortunately totally overlooked by fraught, unhappy and very confused senior managers.

£2.4M in the red and rising and the only way senior managers can think of taming this is to cull highly valued and very necessary support staff at the most junior and lowest paid grades

Insulting and archaic 'time and motion' studies currently being planned will further diminish staff morale, sending even more incredibly talented and knowledgable staff to the exit.

The lack of open and honest comms with staff around the company's future plans fuel suspicion and rumour. "How will I pay my mortgage/rent?", "I don't think working here will help my reputation", "Why don't the managers speak to us?" are all comments that portray the sad state of an organisation caught up in a thick web of confusion and failure.

The organisation is as far removed from the original Richard Branson philosophies as it's possible to get and Virgincare would do well to put away it's autocratic management style and revisit them.

Richard Branson said:

"Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of them, they will take care of the clients."

"Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress."
Pros
Supportive, friendly and hard-working peer colleagues
Cons
Poor management, confusing and v slow computer systems, insecurity about future plans not being openly shared, recruitment difficulties and no assistance from HR/Recruitment
Virgin does not care
HR (Former Employee) –  England2 December 2018
Since the current senior HR management team have been in place, the culture of the organisation has changed rapidly for the worse. The organisation is run like a commercial organisation, with little thought or care put into effective people management. As an employee, you are lied to constantly by senior management who are then not strong enough to speak to you face to face when the time comes to “front up”. One of many examples demonstrating this is: Telling a team there are no plans to relocate them, allowing the recruitment of an apprentice as an increase to headcount and promising that, should the team move, the company remains committed to the apprenticeship, THEN making the team redundant anyway in a very underhand manner, showing no support or presence from senior management, advising certain individuals not to look for other jobs as there is a place for them, then handing them their notice on the last day required to by law. Virgin DOES NOT Care, as this demonstrates. Clearly lying to maintain their headcount then crushing their employees when they no longer need them. This organisation is an absolute disgrace. There are too many examples to provide showing they do not care and try to paper over th endless cracks, including actively telling employees not to write anything negative on the employee survey as this can effect future business. So why bother with the employee survey? Oh yes, participation is one of the boards objectives...
Pros
The local team who were incredibly supportive
Cons
A culture of lying and bullying from the top. Unachievable and unrealistic expectations, no support from senior leadership.
An Excellent Company
Speech and Language Therapist (Former Employee) –  Surrey3 September 2018
A very organised and supportive company to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Virgin Care. Good training opportunities and opportunities with career progression.
Great Company!
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire28 August 2018
Virgin Care is not only a great employer but they ensure that the care of the service users are also given the very best care. A lot of people think that Virgin Care are taking over the NHS but they are not - It is the same, if not better service, using the same pot of money but just managed and run better!!

By experience here is one of the best - With lots of internal opportunities, progressions and a very good work/home balance.

I would highly recommended using or to work at Virgin Care.
Pros
The people
Cons
Haven’t got a clue what they’re doing
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire31 July 2018
The business is a sham, based on their recruitment process I don’t know how they’ve managed to build to the size they’re at! Don’t adhere to policies & procedures but knowingly over look these. Boring, repetitive job! Don’t dare make a human error in your first couple of weeks as this will get pointed out in the team meeting in front of the team & managers and tell you what you’ve done wrong! Disgusting management & company! They give people jobs without even advertising them!!! It’s a shambles.
Pros
A chance to earn a living
Cons
Management, boring job, frustratingly unprofessional
Excellent Work ethics
Regional Primary Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Regional Yorks and Humber Essex, London Berkshire26 July 2018
Very corporate orientated organisation. Who got the best from all employees, allowed to work autonomously when required.
Staff treated with respect and looked after through their core values
interesting work
Multi Sensory Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Exeter2 April 2018
The department that i was working for were not able to fill the hours of my contract and blamed me! I had real concerns about safeguarding, but these were brushed aside, with the excuse that some of the parents were single parents and finding it diificult, surely this is the exact reason that safeguarding protocols exist?
Pros
interesting work
Cons
poor safeguarding attitude
Soul Destroying
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kent18 January 2018
Unrealistic demands, constant pressure and micromanaging, excessive number of Band 8's ensures crossed wires and duplication of work for everyone. Management's attitude is to ignore staff and any interaction with them is purely to berate them. As more staff leave, the expectations of remaining staff becomes unattainable. High levels of sickness, low morale and no end in sight!
Pros
Got a free mug at induction
Cons
Yes, it is.
Poorly run, no plan stuck to long enough to implement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon29 December 2017
Lack of money and a recruitment ban, means existing staff are stressed and often off sick . Plans are rushed through to please commissioners before safeguarding services. No clear strategy in place , poorly thought out and then not implemented. Staff paid a bonus then it's taken back. Non payment of pension. Down banding of staff. Moving staff hoping they will leave to save money. I'm not normally a negative person, please unless your really stuck don't work for them . Best wishes
Pros
Staff are helpful
Cons
Their fake ethos and slogans
Awful Place to work - trying to find a better organisation to work for
Health (Current Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset2 October 2017
Awful line manager who micro-manages and lacks leadership skills and inter-personal skills

Process driven, inward focused company - it's more about their systems and processes than the people

Excessive workload with unrealistic deadlines

The worst and biggest organisation I have ever worked for

I encourage anyone to look elsewhere
Pros
Pension
Cons
Really poor culture and line management
A growing company
Head of Finance (South Region) (Current Employee) –  Home based / Gravesend16 July 2017
A Typical day is varied, quite long and can be challenging dealing with competing demands from people within the services.

There are some great people that work there who are inspirational.

The company has grown very quickly and the systems and processes are trying to catch up.

I've learnt to have a good all round knowledge of their legal contracts, Systems, HR, IT

There is a great culture of friendliness, caring and hard work.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the systems & process that are still in their early days of set up.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been mobilising the new service although quite challenging too.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Long Hours
Virgin care
Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire29 May 2017
Private healthcare and flexible working hours are a benefit. Lack of direction and the uncertainty in the healthcare industry can be a worry. Line manager is superb.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7