Virgin Care

Virgin Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom71 reviews
Not great
Basically a glorified carer but more advanced training. Not what was advertised. Training needs to be completely changed. They are supportive.
Half of the staff sit around and slag everyone off yet are nice to your face. Major problems with staffs banding as in they are ver aware of their banding and will throw that in other staffs face. Very fake. Wouldn't work there.
Virgin Care ? It should be called Virgin Doesn't Care !
A typical day for me was an 8:30am start till 4:30pm being stressed out as I was running a whole dept on my own.

I learned that you had to be a juggler as I was expected to do a team of seven people's work all by myself

the management didn't care (profits and a renewed contract over staff wellbeing and sanity )

when I asked for some conflict resolution training to help me cope with difficult patients I was told to stop being a woman and grow some balls, I had not worked in an environment like this before so had no idea how to deal with angry patients who were very abusive and some even swore at me.

the hardest part of the job was the hours between 8:30am and 4:30pm

the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the office at 4:20pm to catch my bus home

I hated it

please stay away from this place it is a complete utter joke of a company

I'm not surprised people weren't lasting long there as one patient said to me "It says in the literature that Virgin Care is proud to run this NHS service but from what I can tell you ! have nothing to be proud of "
Awful company, toxic culture and corrupt management
Virgin care is an awful company. Management lie and are out for themselves. So many cuts to services and jobs and staff are told thus won’t happen. No one listens to feedback or your feedback on culture. They really just Don’t care about their staff. Not mentioning to NHS staff at interview that they’ll move them onto virgin care contracts. Employees join then loose all their continuous service. Management hire their own and who they’ve worked with before. Corrupt practices and behaviours. Constantly looking over your back. Good luck.
Something off - insidious, unprofessional, bullying management
Something is very wrong at VC Bath and it defies belief that the wider Virgin company or the local Commissioning body is allowing it to continue!

Besides the unprofessional management style and their patronising, extremely rude, and demeaning attitude towards less senior staff, there is virtually no money left to deliver a robust community health service to the local population. However, this fact is lost in the clever manipulation of accounts and the omission of recording key facts discussed at senior level meetings.

VC Bath cannot be transformed into an efficient healthcare provider as long as the current incumbent remains. Anyone who has attempted to challenge the status quo is bought out of the company at enormous public expense.

This would be a poor choice of employment for anyone who seriously wants to make a professional career in healthcare.
Pros
Camaraderie amongst lower level employees
Cons
Rude and incompetent management
Terrible experience
No people skill what’s so ever! Not professional, poor management. Always short staff , people always leaving this company for better opportunities and better pay! Always promises but never delivers. No support
Toxic culture, leadership incompetent
Virgin corporate, you seriously need to address the leadership team who manage your services! They do not display your values and behaviours and lead with bullying behaviours and intimidate and belittle staff. Their approach is inconsistent, leaving staff confused with no direction. Astonishing CQC report good, clearly someone good at ‘pulling the wool’! Experienced, excellent staff leaving because of management - a disgrace.
Dreadful
Tupeed over so had no choice. Treated existing Admin Staff appallingly... Big Promises before the take over ..zero done after. Not replacing Admin when they leave 8 now gone including me. From being a good team it is no more than a call centre... Massive back log of paper work before I went..not safe practice at all. Management take no interest in your concerns. Don't work here
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere
each day is different, some days are busy. All staff made me feel really welcome. i enjoy the work we do, it is best enviroment i have worked in and would recommend it to anyone
Rubbish
Virgin care,do not apply for any job with this company,they do not look after the hard working staff that they have and so they leave.management are all scared of standing up for their staff,and if there's a problem they close ranks,if anyone's sick your expected to cover that job as well and still achieve the standard of work that was expected.. an absolute terrible company to work for and couldn't wait to get out.,If there was a zero for rating this company then I would of put that .Do yourself a favour and look else where
18 November 2019
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value feedback from our employees and we’re really sorry to hear that your time with us has not been a happy one. We would very much like to look into what you have mentioned and wonder whether you could please email us in the strictest confidence so we can discuss this with you confidentially. Our email is careers@virgincare.co.uk. Many thanks – The People Team.
Bullying Culture Poor Management
Bullying Culture , poor management Jobs are achieved if in with management .
No care for staff

Horrible place to work !

Problems with recruitment , always issues with pay .

I T rubbish , can never get hold of anyone .

Not Professional
18 November 2019
Hello,we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on living our values and ‘caring’ is one of them, but we can see from your review that we haven’t met your expectations in this area. We are always looking to improve and we take your feedback very seriously. In light of that, please could you email careers@virgincare.co.uk, in the strictest confidence, so we can understand these issues further. Many thanks – The People Team
challenging and fun
Working as part of a team is very important within the Virgin Care Ltd and that has been the case in my role as a Diabetes Specialist Nurse band 6. I have learned a lot in the developmental role and i have gained knowledge and skills required to safely manage patients with diabetes. The hardest part of the job is when urgent referrals come in and there is limited capacity to assess patients in a timely manner. But the Nurses always strife to assess the patients and deliver the care needed.
Productive and fun
It's an absolute pleasure working within the District Nursing team as a community staff Nurse and as a Diabetes Specialist Nurse Band 6.The team work collaboratively to deliver safe and quality care to patients. The hardest part of the job is when urgent referrals come in and there is limited capacity to assess patients in a timely manner. At times the work pressures could be demanding due to high referrals of patients. But the Nurses always strife to assess the patients and deliver the care needed.
18 November 2019
Hi and thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here with us. We know how hard our front line practitioners work and are thrilled to hear that you find it a pleasure. Many thanks – The People Team.
Not a clue
Senior Managers do not live by the values of the company and have their own agenda. No clue about the service. Treat staff poorly and too arrogant. Glossy brochures but meaningless.
18 November 2019
Hello thank you for leaving a review. We value feedback from employees and we are really sorry you felt like that. Without knowing your location of work, it is hard to give a specific and helpful response. However, we would very much like to understand what happened on this occasion, so please get in touch, careers@virgincare.co.uk. Many thanks – The People Team.
Difficult and challenging with highly toxic environment
I learnt that what always glitters is not gold. The values and culture at Virgin Care sound great however the corporate function is fast paced and toxic. Senior leaders do not lead by example with the values and as a result many good people leave the organisation. The front line practitioners do amazing work but are consistently let down by IT systems, and senior leaders jumping from one initiative to the next without considering the impact on front line and support function.
18 November 2019
Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you feel our values and culture are not translated to the team and we would very much like to hear more from you regarding this. We could not agree more that our front line practitioners do amazing work, and we are always working to grow and improve our IT systems and we would welcome you to email through to us, in the strictest confidence, on careers@virgincare.co.uk so we can hear more about your experience. Many thanks – The People Team.
Great culture and brilliant people
The work environment is positive and forward thinking, management open to innovative ideas and individuals work styles.

I have a fantastic work life balance, full autonomy in my role and I am given the support i need.

Very happy in my role.
Overall pretty disappointing
Out of their depth with what they’ve taken on. Management is non-existent. Staff don’t feel valued. An employee who feels invisible and unnoticed. At first this was nice but the novelty soon wears off. Dealing with payroll / HR is just as frustrating.. might as well be calling a middle eastern call centre, they’re so far removed from staff.
The worst place I’ve ever worked
Job was awful. Not at all what I thought it was going to be. Really poor unhelpful management with a bully culture type of management style. People were rude and unhelpful. Avoid at all costs. Couldn’t wait to get out.
Cons
No support for any of the TEAM
I have worked for this company, Virgin, for three years. In that time therer has been NO support from the Higher management when there has been problems at the site. When reported to them, they did not respond.
If things are going the way that I have heard, then there will be NO Virgin Healthcare int he future.

Staff are great, the patients, not so.

The hardest part of the job, keeping a smile on your face when you are subjected to rude patients.

Best part of the job...........
Pros
Great Reception staff
Cons
Covering for long term sick
Superb!!
Only worked with them on a temporary basis but WOW!! what a team. Absolute joy to work there, great team atmosphere and people were brilliant, even the Managers.
Pros
People, offices
Cons
Productive and proactive place to work
Lots of different layers and systems used to manage Primary care. Very proactive and forward thinking company to work for. Lots of training and development in place for staff to progress and develop.
I loved my time with Virgin Care
The culture was positive and inclusive. I really felt part of the organisation. I would be happy to work for Virgin Care again. The annual party really improved morale!