Virgin Care Employee Reviews

An Excellent Company
Speech and Language Therapist (Former Employee) –  Surrey3 September 2018
A very organised and supportive company to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Virgin Care. Good training opportunities and opportunities with career progression.
Great Company!
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire28 August 2018
Virgin Care is not only a great employer but they ensure that the care of the service users are also given the very best care. A lot of people think that Virgin Care are taking over the NHS but they are not - It is the same, if not better service, using the same pot of money but just managed and run better!!

By experience here is one of the best - With lots of internal opportunities, progressions and a very good work/home balance.

I would highly recommended using or to work at Virgin Care.
Pros
The people
Cons
Haven’t got a clue what they’re doing
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire31 July 2018
The business is a sham, based on their recruitment process I don’t know how they’ve managed to build to the size they’re at! Don’t adhere to policies & procedures but knowingly over look these. Boring, repetitive job! Don’t dare make a human error in your first couple of weeks as this will get pointed out in the team meeting in front of the team & managers and tell you what you’ve done wrong! Disgusting management & company! They give people jobs without even advertising them!!! It’s a shambles.
Pros
A chance to earn a living
Cons
Management, boring job, frustratingly unprofessional
Excellent Work ethics
Regional Primary Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Regional Yorks and Humber Essex, London Berkshire26 July 2018
Very corporate orientated organisation. Who got the best from all employees, allowed to work autonomously when required.
Staff treated with respect and looked after through their core values
interesting work
Multi Sensory Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Exeter2 April 2018
The department that i was working for were not able to fill the hours of my contract and blamed me! I had real concerns about safeguarding, but these were brushed aside, with the excuse that some of the parents were single parents and finding it diificult, surely this is the exact reason that safeguarding protocols exist?
Pros
interesting work
Cons
poor safeguarding attitude
Soul Destroying
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kent18 January 2018
Unrealistic demands, constant pressure and micromanaging, excessive number of Band 8's ensures crossed wires and duplication of work for everyone. Management's attitude is to ignore staff and any interaction with them is purely to berate them. As more staff leave, the expectations of remaining staff becomes unattainable. High levels of sickness, low morale and no end in sight!
Pros
Got a free mug at induction
Cons
Yes, it is.
Poorly run, no plan stuck to long enough to implement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon29 December 2017
Lack of money and a recruitment ban, means existing staff are stressed and often off sick . Plans are rushed through to please commissioners before safeguarding services. No clear strategy in place , poorly thought out and then not implemented. Staff paid a bonus then it's taken back. Non payment of pension. Down banding of staff. Moving staff hoping they will leave to save money. I'm not normally a negative person, please unless your really stuck don't work for them . Best wishes
Pros
Staff are helpful
Cons
Their fake ethos and slogans
Awful Place to work - trying to find a better organisation to work for
Health (Current Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset2 October 2017
Awful line manager who micro-manages and lacks leadership skills and inter-personal skills

Process driven, inward focused company - it's more about their systems and processes than the people

Excessive workload with unrealistic deadlines

The worst and biggest organisation I have ever worked for

I encourage anyone to look elsewhere
Pros
Pension
Cons
Really poor culture and line management
A growing company
Head of Finance (South Region) (Current Employee) –  Home based / Gravesend16 July 2017
A Typical day is varied, quite long and can be challenging dealing with competing demands from people within the services.

There are some great people that work there who are inspirational.

The company has grown very quickly and the systems and processes are trying to catch up.

I've learnt to have a good all round knowledge of their legal contracts, Systems, HR, IT

There is a great culture of friendliness, caring and hard work.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the systems & process that are still in their early days of set up.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been mobilising the new service although quite challenging too.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Long Hours
Virgin care
Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire29 May 2017
Private healthcare and flexible working hours are a benefit. Lack of direction and the uncertainty in the healthcare industry can be a worry. Line manager is superb.
Relatively new provider
Specialist School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire3 May 2017
Early days for virgin care in Wiltshire . Only took over in April last year. About to move premises so things should improve. New IT about to be installed. I enjoy being a school nurse.
Pros
New premises
Cons
Early days
Great people to work with
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Devon24 April 2017
I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. It's demanding and a lot of corporate systems are emerging, but overall a great place to work and a good organisation to be a part of.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Sometimes too demanding
Well organise and staff focused company
Inpatient Therapy Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset11 April 2017
Have only just been taken over by Virgin Care but so far so good.
Seem to be well organised and easily approach if there is a query. Able to sort issues quickly and without fuss
Good experience
Bookings Administrator (Current Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire28 March 2017
Having worked here I have gained a lot of experience and I have gained more confidence through this role, very challenging but satisfying and knowing you've helped people makes you daybetter.
Pros
Plenty of food vans
Cons
Not a lot of job opportunities to progress
Productive and fun workplace
Brand Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, UK26 March 2017
Great working culture and creative working environment.
I learnt most of what I knew about brand creation and management.
I found the lack of management of the company difficult at times.
I loved the flexibility of the working arrangement, an employer that trusts its employers to take control of their own working patterns always gets the best out of their employees.
Pros
Flexible working arrangement
Cons
Lack of corporate direction
I have enjoyed working for Virgin Care, there have been opportunities to work across Urgent Care Nationally
Clinical Lead Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Surrey5 March 2017
There is a culture of developing people, There are staff events helping to demonstrate the values. Patient Service: Treating others as you would wish is achieved by valuing each other

The complexity of the current challenges of the Transformation plans
Pros
Opportunities to share good practice
Cons
Duration of contracts limited to 5 years
Not too bad!
SCPHN School Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Devon14 February 2017
Management structure is quite horizontal, so good if you know the job already because there is more flexibility and autonomy - perhaps harder for newly qualified
Quite a welcoming style and culture
Prospects in North Devon are limited, this may not be due to Virgincare
Terms and conditions are inferior to NHS, so these need to be negotiated and Virgin care do recognise this and accommodate / match if asked
Training is as good as NHS
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lack of leadership / rural isolation
Busy fast paced
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire4 January 2017
Very busy gp walk in center

Dealing with some very difficult situations

Chaperoning the clinicians

Registrations for patients

Cash handling
Pros
Hourly rate good
Cons
Stressing
fun creative workplace
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addlestone, Surrey16 December 2016
Wonderful team in stressful environment of constantly changing service structure.
Poor induction programme with unclear job expectations or expected development.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
poor management
Demanding and sometimes too stressful
Group Systems Accountant (Current Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire1 December 2016
The localised team are great to work with. The wider team is less so even though the end goals are aligned.

Executive Management leaves a lot to be desired and often back office personnel are not given equal importance as the front line services even though we all pull in the same direction, or should.

We need to do more to be true to our values and this lead needs to flow from the top.

Our CEO is inspirational but one man alone cannot make this succeed. I have renewed hope with some fresh arrivals in senior posts that change will be for the good, not just for change sake.

I have worked here for over 8.5 years and still believe in what we are doing - if I didn't I simply would not be here.

In summary, the company has a great heart but could improve in terms of truly valuing its staff across all areas. Without its people there would be no Virgin Care.
Pros
The rest of the team are equally determined to provide a good / excellent service.
Cons
Long hours, the more capable you demonstrate you are the more work you get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Virgin Care Reviews by Location