Virgin Atlantic Employee Reviews

Worst company
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 August 2019
This job would probably suit someone just out of college who still live at home with their parents because the pay is shocking. Yes you get to visit amazing countries and stay in nice hotels but they make crew feel the most undervalued and unappreciated. They always find loopholes to avoid rewarding crew with a decent pay rise and will even go so far to ensure crew are just above the minimum wage. Considering crew are the front line staff who always go above and beyond to deliver high standard customer care, they never get rewarded for it. The company don't seem to care about their front line staff and expect crew to do the maximum for little pay in return. Line managers are shocking, all seem to have their own rules so no consistency or lack of sympathy when crew need it most. Virgin used to be an amazing company to work for but over the years it has became clear that they care more about cost cutting than looking after their staff. Happy to have loyal, hard working crew leave and replace them for low paid apprentices. Just not the company they perceive themselves to be in the media
Fun, innovative and great sense of community amongst workforce.
Customer Relations Executive (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex5 August 2019
Fast paced and varied role, including EU claim processing, and dealing with correspondence and general administrative duties.
Liaising with internal departments and with customers.
Virgin flair is no longer alive
Baggage Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea28 June 2019
I bought into the whole Virgin Atlantic brand of doing things differently and disrupting the status quo. It was a fun filled first couple of years with the company but then it turned into just another number-crunching business with little to no regard for its employees.

People on the outside still have this image of Virgin Atlantic being this fun and amazing place to work but on the inside, the atmosphere is the complete opposite.

If you want career progression then you better hope to be included in one of the cliques with management. If your face doesn't fit then you will be stuck in the same position regardless of your performance levels.

If they promoted the right people into the right positions and not just those in the clique, then the contact centre would be a much better place to work but at present, there are no signs of this changing.

If you plan on joining the Swansea office then just be prepared it is just another dead-end call centre.
Pros
7 free flights, holiday discounts
Cons
long hours, low pay, workplace culture, lack of opportunities
8 July 2019

Thank you for sharing your comments and we are sorry to hear the nature of some of your feedback. We do believe that our people are important for the success of the company and internally we actively encourage employees to speak with their Line Managers and specifically share how they are feeling. Feedback of this nature is important for us to know.

We also believe in a clear approach to recruitment, as we seek to place the best talent into the variety of roles available. We encourage our teams to talk to with their Line Managers about career aspirations, and to discuss why they may not have secured a role after interview, which can help with future applications . Thanks again for taking the time to share your views.

Virgin Atlantic, Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff20 June 2019
the job itself was fun but challenging, very long hours so not social life. company not flexible with working hours and not always supportive. pay was average
8 July 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and it is good to see that you felt there were great people to work with in the company. We are sorry to hear that you feel that the hours were challenging and inflexible.

We have a dedicated team of Performance and Development Managers and Crew Support Coordinators to help support all our crew, discuss any concerns and ascertain what support they might need whilst in role. We're sorry you didn't experience that, so feedback of this nature is important for us to know.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views.

Excellent benefits and culture
Performance and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 June 2019
Virgin is a fantastic place to work. It's people are central to it's success, with a loyal and engaged workforce. A business that is continuously evolving and creates many opportunities for those lucky enough to work for such a formidable brand.
8 July 2019

Lovely to hear this positive feedback - thank you for sharing it.

Great benefits
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 June 2019
Great place to work to meet friends and to have great job benefits. 7 free flights a year! Bonus schemes and incentives. High privation standards!!!!!
Pros
Free flights/bonus scheme
Cons
No work/life balance
8 July 2019

Thanks for the positive recommendation about working at Virgin Atlantic, and indeed many of our staff agree that the travel benefits are a great perk. In such a competitive industry change is constantly needed, it is interesting to hear to hear your perspective that work life balance is hard to achieve. We are constantly striving to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations when they fly with us, hence the need to evolve continuously.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Work experiance placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex12 June 2019
Placement for week learning about Cabin Crew training and aviation.

Gain insight into the workings of a large company and role of Cabin Crew.
Experienced both practical and classroom parts of the training
8 July 2019

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the work environment here whilst on your work experience placement, it's great to hear feedback of this nature. Thank you.

Virgin Atlantic employs wonderful people the world over
Director of Projects (Former Employee) –  Crawley3 June 2019
Virgin Atlantic's mission statement is to grow a profitable airline, that people love to fly and where people love to work. Operating since 1984, it takes more than five million people to over 30 destinations worldwide every year.
8 July 2019

We are glad to hear that you are enjoyed the work environment here, it's great to hear feedback of this nature. Thank you

Good from the outside
CR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea29 May 2019
Good on the outside, the flare, the shazam make Virgin look great place to work.

On the inside its a completely different matter. Company is held together by the willingness of its employees and some sticky tape.

Perks - flights to the destinations we travel to

Cons - If you are face don't fit or you are not part of a "click" you will not progress

Don't be blind by a company, if you are not happy then leave.

Oh and management look like they care but do not.
8 July 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and it is good to see that you felt there were great people to work with and that the flight benefits were good.

We are sorry to hear that you feel that Senior management team did not invest wider teams; there are a variety of activities that they participate in to stay connected with teams, but we acknowledge you do not feel that was sufficient from your perspective. Feedback of this nature is important for us to know- thank you.

Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex27 May 2019
I've loved every minute of my 16 years here. The people are amazing in the training is excellent.

The best part of my role is speaking to the customers and the support from my immediate Managers and team.

The hardest part is when things go wrong and customers are upset. It's great when we can come to a mutual resolution and restore their faith in our product and service.
Pros
Concessionary travel
Cons
Journey to work due to traffic
8 July 2019

Lovely to hear this positive feedback, congratulations on great length of service, 16 years is a fantastic milestone. We wish we could magic the traffic away for you - thank you for sharing it.

Virgin Atlantic
Customer Relations Executive (Current Employee) –  Swansea8 May 2019
I have been working for the company for over a decade l and have noticed a big change in the company. I feel that holidays are difficult to get off. Young management and make up stuff as they go along.
Pros
Flight Consessions
Cons
Holiday Allowance
8 July 2019

Thanks for your comments about working at Virgin Atlantic, and indeed many of our staff agree that the travel benefits are a great perk. We would encourage you to talk to your Line Manager about the challenges around annual leave. In such a competitive industry change is constantly needed, we are constantly striving to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations when they fly with us, hence the need to evolve continuously. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

productive
Refunds Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex24 April 2019
Target driven to complete refunds withing the time that is legally required. Data input and processing. Can be a fun place to work. Break times as spaced out evenly through out the day.
Pros
nicely timed out breaks
Cons
Could by stressful meeting targets accurately
8 July 2019

Thanks for the positive recommendation about working at Virgin Atlantic- many of our staff agree that the people make the work environment.

Great Company to work for
Customer Liaison Manger (Current Employee) –  Crawley13 April 2019
The hours can be very demanding but Virgin Atlantic offer lots of benefits (not just the free flights). There's a great vibe throughout the company and a real sense of belonging.
Pros
Great benefits for all staff
8 July 2019

Lovely to hear this positive feedback - thank you for sharing it.

Long Hours
Customer Service Agent Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea18 March 2019
While I enjoyed the majority of my time here it was very pressured and did not allow for extra personal time like gym or life balance. They offer a great 6 week training scheme and are very supportive, however day time hours ranged between 7am and 11pm.
Pros
Staff are very Friendly
Cons
Long Hours and Strict Times
One of the best companies that I have worked for.
Flight Attendant & Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley4 February 2019
Being a flight attendant was a fantastic way to see the world & I did learn a lot about customer service, first aid & the technical details of an aircraft. Working with the public was a great experience, sometimes very hard but very rewarding.
The Personal Assistant role was what made me go into event management. Organising the department events was very exciting, a lot of responsibility but so rewarding when I received the feedback from all that attended.
Pros
Lovely people to work with & event planning became my passion
Cons
When flying, you could often become ill working in an airtight cabin with so many members of the public.
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Crawley29 January 2019
It's all about the people. Supportive work/life balance with ability to work from home/other locations if needed. Great perks and benefits. Reasonable salary.
Very Productive and very enjoyable
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex20 October 2018
It's my ideal job but it's too far away from me.I have to travel all the way to GATWICK everyday.
I've been working with Virgin Atlantic Airways for the last 4 years and I love it! The only thing it is is too far.....
Pros
Discounted fare to travel
Cons
Part-time
Virgin
Cabin Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London14 September 2018
If your looking to be fly the skies this is the company for you. Excellent benefits, a company who truly looks after their people and apart from the safety and security which is our main aim to get passengers A to B safely, it’s such a fun job and you get to travel the world and meet the most amazing people on your journey.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Salary is basic but benefits help and being away a lot, it balances out
Best Company Ever
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2018
Virgin Atlantic was a fantastic company to for. You felt so at home, even from the beginning when I went in for my interview, up right until I had to resign as I immigrated abroad.
Fun
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2018
Fun company to work for, you are really looked after and have the best travel benefits within the industry. Ok salary. the work life balance is good here but development is very slow
Pros
work life balance
Cons
development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Atlantic. Our community is ready to answer.

Virgin Atlantic Reviews by Location