Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Atlantic Employee Reviews

United Kingdom211 reviews
Get to airport , drop case at check in , proceed to crew room catch up on company notices if not done at home , then crew briefing for your flight where you’ll meet your crew and flight crew . Off to aircraft prepare aircraft for customers carry out safety and security checks .
Board customers . Once in the air carry out service duties .

Land go to hotel , meet up with crew for a drink / meal if not too tired or to late .

Jet lag always a bit difficult to cope with but you get used to it .

It’s not a job it’s a lifestyle choice
Pros
The city’s you go to, the people you work with, each flight is different, the discounted tickets
Cons
Long hours, shift work
I don't really have any opinion on this company. I have a different view than most. Do what you think is best for yourself. Just be aware with absence.
I have gained so much from working for Virgin Atlantic brilliant skills in customer service experience, safety and medical practices Brilliant training lots of promotions.The ability to move to different areas of the business.
Pros
Travelling the world
Cons
I have really enjoyed the 23years I have spent working for Virgin Atlantic. I have had the privilege of so many great experiences, trips away, team days & parties
The company has changed a lot since I started many years ago. It used to be about looking after its people but now I feel it takes advantage of the people’s good will.
The management is poor and as a crew manager you have very little support in dealing with aggressive and sensitive situations. Working shift patterns are terrible so don’t expect much life outside work.
You work with some of the most diverse people in the world. Meet new people all the time and fly all over the world. Each flight has a service structure to follow.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Unreliable job security
Worked for Virgin Atlantic as cabin crew for 15 years and loved every minute it’s hard work and your social life takes a back seat but the benefits are worth that only downside was the line management who were not exactly impartial and promotions often given to their friends first and the Training staff were also often deluded as being special and above us working the front line which was entertaining but apart from that which did let the side down it was an amazing company to work for headed by an amazing entrepreneur
Pros
Great family
Cons
Mid management
Caring, empathetic and supportive employer. Work with amazing and diverse teams. High paced role requiring professionalism, consistency and attention to detail. Varied working day/night catering to up to 455 customers individual needs. Required smart appearance and grooming standards. Working to stringent customer satisfaction requirements.
Pros
Travel, diversity, customer satisfaction.
Cons
A small company which rival its larger competitors. Always evolving & innovative.
The customer is at the heart of everything. A passionate & driven workforce.
Pros
Approachability from all levels. Everyones view/opinion/idea matters
Cons
jetset lifestyle, its no ordinary job. You have to work out a suitable work life balance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virgin Atlantic?
Virgin Atlantic has been a great company to work for. Fast pace and head of its game in the travel industry.
The company has a real sense of family values and pride yourself on being at the best
Pros
Family feeling. Great teams
Cons
Uncertain climate
Virgin is a family of people working together. I've never worked anywhere else like it, it was the highlight of my life. You get to travel the world and make memories with some of the most amazing people. By far the most enjoyable job I've ever had, I worked for Virgin Atlantic for over 13 yrs but unfortunately being Air Cabin Crew isn't an easy job to juggle around having young children.
Pros
You feel like part of a huge family, get to see the world and it never feels like work, it's a lifestyle.
Cons
Sometimes dfficult to juggle work around family responsibilities.
The work is always varied and it requires physical and mental energy as well as thinking on your feet, being prepared to deal with medical emergencies, sometimes dealing with difficult passengers and so on. However, all in all it encourages great teamwork and amongst crew there is definitely a sense of support and plenty of lighthearted fun in the gaps between busy services.
Pros
Travel the world, staying in nice hotels
Cons
Long hours, jet lag
It was always my dream to fly for a long-haul and Virgin ticked all of the boxes but it definitely isn't a job for life, I have enjoyed all of the places I've been to which makes it worth it.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Lack of organisation (e.g. you get your month roster about 2 weeks in advance)
Joining Virgin was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life it was an honour to be a part of their amazing “ red family “
Unfortunately due to today’s climate with the recent pandemic , I’ve made the decision to dedicate my passion , personality and skills to an alternative venture , and I’m extremely excited
Pros
Cons
Not a single one
Working as part of the Virgin family to provide the very best in customer service whilst ensuring compliance with laws and regulations to maintain the safety and comfort of the customers and aircraft
Great, versatlie and dynamic. Teamwork, positive, fun and hardworking. Leadership, confidence and work well under pressure, Abilty to be be flexible and think on your feet.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
unsocialable working hours
Airline industry is on it knees due to Covid and are making people redundant, so aren't recruiting. I am being made redundant from my lovely part time role, otherwise I wouldn't be leaving and looking elsewhere.
Pros
Great lifestyle
Cons
Jetlag
Very competitive interview process. Fantastic travel opportunity
Training is very intense but enjoyable and you are tested every year on your knowledge
Pros
Travel ever changing work environment
Cons
No real career progression
Fun job, entails a lot of hard work. Great to travel. Fun culture and great way to gain experience in working with lots of different teams and to experience other cultures.
I love my time here, lot's of opportunity. Friendly atmosphere and a real family feel, welcoming and infinitive- the whole ethos of Virgin Atlantic makes you strive to be the best/.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Atlantic. Our community is ready to answer.